Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #196
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I'm glad the next TR has started! Your dog is so cute!

I would have had such a hard time making it up the next morning. I'm interested to see how that turned out!
Hopefully I'll have an update tomorrow. I will likely be staying home from work because of the huge blizzard that's going through Chicago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay for your new TR, can't wait to read about this trip!

SO weird that you got the same room at POP!
I know, it was totally weird that we got the same room. Nice though, because it had a great location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Aw, look at your poor sad puppy. What a pretty dog though!! I'm glad you made it safely, though it was late. My last Orlando flight came in that late and I didn't get to bed until 2am. I don't think I will ever do that again. I love that funny picture of your dad!
She's pathetic, right? She knows she's cute too.

I like taking later flights, because then I get a full first day at Disney.

You will notice a trend in my dad's pictures.....he always makes funny faces!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #197
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - 12/31/10

Right, so I'm here in Chicagoland snowed in. So what better way to spend a snow day then to give you an update!

So I left you guys with us crawling into bed at 2am.

So I actually managed to get myself out of bed at 6:15am. Who says miracles don't happen?

I was actually pretty impressed with myself, because I wasn't able to fall asleep right away, so I was actually running on about 3 hours total. However, let's all remember that I'm an 8 hour kind of a girl.

I got up first and started to get ready, and then woke dad up. We were both all ready to go at 6:45am. We went into Everything POP to discover that all of the windows don't open for breakfast until 7am. Whoops. I wasn't concerned for myself, because what I wanted was at the one window that was open. Dad said he was fine and that he would just go with the flow. So we went to the bakery window and each got ourselves a POP waffle with meat.

Mine

Dad's

We also got grapes, mixed fruit, and picked up our refillable mugs. We also got two fountain drinks, coffee for dad, and sweet tea for me. We got our seats and started eating. The really nice thing about the fact that we were there so early was the fact that the cast member at the food window pulled the waffles right out of the waffle iron. Yum. I have yet to eat anything bad at Everything POP. I know I heard of some people not being happy with their food in the past, but I've always been very happy with the quality and the selection. But let's just face it, I like food!

I brought a mascot along with us this time, and he was very full after eating breakfast.

See, we had the same room!

We finished up and brought the refillable mugs and the remaining grapes back to the room. Then we were off. It was about 7:30am at this time, so wwe were right on schedule. We headed off to the bus stop and a bus came right away. I completely forgot that POP is right around the corner from DHS, so we made it by 7:40am. Oh my god, I made rope drop! I was very happy about this. We wandered in to DHS and made our way to the area they were holding people.

While waiting...

See the trend with his funny faces?

People say I'm like him. I just don't see it!

I played Angry Birds while we waited (I love smart phones. Yup, I'm that person!), and in no time we headed in. There was no rope drop ceremony though. All they did was have some announcement saying welcome to Hollywood Studios, yackity smackity, blah blah. LOL. Then they let us in. Weird.

There were two couples in front of us with two small little girls (adorable by the way). They couldn't be any older than their early thirties (if that). The two husbands were discussing with each other the rides that they wouldn't be doing because of their back/neck/pains, etc. My dad leans over to me and whispers, "I wonder what they're going to do when they really get old!". It's so true though! Has anyone noticed that people are younger and younger and complaining more and more about their pains and what they will and won't do because they might hurt themselves?! It's humorous I think, but really guys! Man up!

Off topic (kind of). There is this person that I work with that is constantly amazed at the fact that my dad goes to Disney all of the time and that he is able to keep up with me. The way she talks about people who are my Dad's age, he should be one foot in the grave already! She's not much younger than him, so what does that mean for her?

I respond by saying to her that I'm lucky to be able to keep up with him! My dad is of the mind that age is simply a state of mind. It has nothing to do with how old you actually are, it is how old you feel you are. That is why he does things like go to Disney! And I love him all the more for it.

Okay, I'm done, sorry about that. We headed in and of course we went with the masses to Toy Story Mania.

We got in line for fastpasses, and the line actually wasn't too bad. We got fastpasses with a return time of between 9:55 and 10:55. Not too bad if I do say so myself. Then we hopped in line. It was posted at 50 minutes, but we only waited for about 30. That was nice. I love knowing how to work the system. Makes things go easier!

While waiting, dad and I were taunting each other the entire time saying who was going to win this time around. We'll see what happened......

While waiting. Someone else had taken this picture on the DIS, so I had to look for it.

Continued in next post......

Last edited by IheartDDuck; 02-20-2011 at 01:31 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #198
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - 12/31/10 Cont.

So we made it on the ride, and who won????

Here are the scores.

I won! And, I got best in vehicle.

Dad wasn't too thrilled with his score.

I was pretty satisfied with mine.

Once we were done, we contemplated what we were going to do next. We decided to head over the to Great Movie Ride, because we both enjoy it. Some may think it's cheesy, but as I've said before, I'm easily amused.

After our journey into the movies, we decided to head over to Tower of Terror.

The wait time was posted at 50 minutes, so we decided to wait. Why not, we had nothing but time. The wait ended up being more like 40 minutes.

Mr. Yeti was a little bit scared......

They seemed to be having some trouble with the ride, and I couldn't figure out what it was. At first, they were using both pre-show rooms, but then they dropped down to only one, and they weren't letting too many people in at once. Once we got through, it seemed it was because they had some trouble with the elevators once on the other side, and the pump room area was full. They were trying to relieve the pressure so they didn't let too many people in at one time and overflow it. Smart cast members.

The ride was fun as always. When waiting in the pump room, the guest in front of us asked if we came often, because he had questions. I get asked this a lot. I wonder if I look like I know something! He was wondering if there were lockers at the front of the park. I told him that there were, and explained to him how they worked if you park hopped. He was pretty funny. His son and wife were with him and he was talking about how much fun they were having. He wanted to know how the ride would be, and I told him it was one of my favorites in the park. His wife was scared to ride, and she was really funny when we got inside. She kept saying "is it okay, is it okay, oh god, Jesus, s**t" over and over again. It actually made the ride more enjoyable though because it was so funny.

After this, it was time for our fastpasses at TSM.

Before heading over, I wanted to get fastpasses for Rockin' Roller Coaster, in case we wanted to use them later on in the day. After getting those, we headed back over to TSM. Again, we gave each other a hard time in line regarding who was going to win.

"I'm gonna get you sucka!"

Here are the scores again

I won again! And best in vehicle again!

However, my score was worse than last time.

Dad was pretty sad.....

Dad kept asking "how do you do it, how?" Honestly, I'm not that good at it. I can't crack what some people are able to do score wise.....

We were hungry at this point, and it was around 11:30am. We decided to head over to the Backlot Express. Mom and I had enjoyed it there last time, so I figured dad would too. They had just opened up, and there was already a crowd. It wasn't unmanageable, but it looked like everyone was using the 30% off coupon that Disney was pimping. Hey, if I wasn't on the QSDP, I would have eaten at off times too to get the discount. I found out here that the receipts were also printing out coupons for 20% off shopping at different time of day too. That's a nice touch. I get a discount with my AP, but it's a nice touch for others to use.

We both got the same thing, avocado cheeseburger. Dad got fries, I got carrots.

We also both got the strawberry parfait. Everything was good.

We discussed what we were going to do at this point. It was about 12:30pm, and remember what I said about getting 8 hours of sleep? Yup, after I ate lunch, it was really starting to catch up with me. I thought I'd be able to hang longer, but it just didn't seem to be in the cards for me. Dad was looking pretty tired too. So, we made the decision to head back, take naps, and then head out for dinner and EMH. We would then be able to use our fastpasses and do a few other things. Sounded like a plan to me.

Up Next: Our Evening....and amateur night?

Last edited by IheartDDuck; 02-20-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #199
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Ok, I have to ask what Angry Birds is all about. My best friend talks about it all the time. Is it a ton of fun? lol!!

It sounds like your dad has an awesome personality and outlook on life! What a fun companion to go to Disney with you. That's awesome.

I also am easily amused so really like the Great Movie Ride!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 02-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #200
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

That's disappointing that there is no little ceremony for rope drop at DHS. It could be something so cute, too, considering the whole park is about making movies! Oh well!

I have yet to participate in the TSM stampede, I'm actually pretty nervous about it, it sounds terrible!

Yay, love ToT! Although if they were having problems with it, I'd be nervous to ride it...but I guess they know what they are doing, if not, they wouldn't let people on it at all, right?

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #201
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Wow can't believe you were able to operate on 3 hours sleep!

Agree with your dad about it's about how old you feel, not how old you really are.

on riding and winning TSM twice.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #202
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Ok, I have to ask what Angry Birds is all about. My best friend talks about it all the time. Is it a ton of fun? lol!!

It sounds like your dad has an awesome personality and outlook on life! What a fun companion to go to Disney with you. That's awesome.

I also am easily amused so really like the Great Movie Ride!
I honestly didn't know what the whole angry birds thing was about either....until I downloaded the app. It's just a stupid little game, but really fun. You just launch birds at pigs to knock them over.

My dad is great, and he makes a fun travel companion. What also helps is that he's really easy going, and pretty much just goes with the flow. He lets me make all the decisions in regards to travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
That's disappointing that there is no little ceremony for rope drop at DHS. It could be something so cute, too, considering the whole park is about making movies! Oh well!

I have yet to participate in the TSM stampede, I'm actually pretty nervous about it, it sounds terrible!

Yay, love ToT! Although if they were having problems with it, I'd be nervous to ride it...but I guess they know what they are doing, if not, they wouldn't let people on it at all, right?
I know, I was totally expecting something, and then.....nothing.

It's really not that bad getting over to TSM during the early morning. I find it easier to get over there in the morning then some other times of the day.

I think at ToT they just had a delay....nothing more. But I used to work at a theme park, so nothing really phases me!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:23 PM   #203
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Wow can't believe you were able to operate on 3 hours sleep!

Agree with your dad about it's about how old you feel, not how old you really are.

on riding and winning TSM twice.
Trust me, I was pretty surprised too! But in Disney, I think anything is possible!

I have a problem with winning. I am very competitive.....
Old 02-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #204
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

nice update!! The food looks yummy too!! I never score high on those games so you would beat me by a ton! haha.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #205
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Aww, I like your little Yeti mascot and your TSM pictures are pretty funny. The couple of your dad are great.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 02-03-2011, 03:08 AM   #206
Sooze
DIS Veteran

I feel slightly bonded with you now... I am one of those Smartphone people too! Yeah!

Your dad is awesome! It seems that he has the right outlook on life and is loving every moment!

Warm Pop Waffles.... yummmmmmmm... I think I'm drooling right now....

LOVE the lady on ToT! I always enjoy helping people out at Disney. Especially when they ask! Glad you were able to assist in the locker question!

Disney naps ROCK!!
1978 CR,1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1992 CR, 2003 ASM, 2004 CBR, 2005 CBR, 2005 BCV, 2006 OKW, 2007 SSR,2007 BWV,,2008 POR,2008 OKW,2008 BCV,2009 SSR, 2009 BCV,2009 SSR,2009 SSR ,2010 BWV,2010 POFQ ,2011 Grand Gathering at BWV,2011 Drama Queens in Orlando,2011 Disney Dream New Year's Cruise,2012 OKW,2012 OKW Parents' 40th Anniversary Trip,2013 Spring Break at WLV,2013 Adult Trip BWV,2013 Disney Fantasy New Year's Cruise2014 OKW Summer Fun,2014 AKL Girls Only

ME DH DS 13 DD 8
Old 02-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #207
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
nice update!! The food looks yummy too!! I never score high on those games so you would beat me by a ton! haha.
Ha ha, then I would love to go with you!!!! I was raised in a house with only two older brothers. I think that's where competitiveness and the need to score high comes from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Aww, I like your little Yeti mascot and your TSM pictures are pretty funny. The couple of your dad are great.
Thanks! I like taking funny pictures. The idea for the mascot came from other threads I've seen. Although, when you see some of my pictures later, my dad thought I had lost my mind....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
I feel slightly bonded with you now... I am one of those Smartphone people too! Yeah!

Your dad is awesome! It seems that he has the right outlook on life and is loving every moment!

Warm Pop Waffles.... yummmmmmmm... I think I'm drooling right now....

LOVE the lady on ToT! I always enjoy helping people out at Disney. Especially when they ask! Glad you were able to assist in the locker question!

Disney naps ROCK!!
OMG, we can be like kindred spirits!

I love Disney naps. It helps me to feel like I'm actually on vacation.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #208
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

The November trip ended nicely. Sounds like a great trip.

The New Years trip is off to a great start but wow you got in late and then up early.

Looking forward to more.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #209
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

I am horrible reader as I am just joining, but at least I made it right? The November trip was great and enjoying the New Years trip so far. You are so lucky to have taken a trip with your mom and now your dad.

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
Old 02-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #210
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
The November trip ended nicely. Sounds like a great trip.

The New Years trip is off to a great start but wow you got in late and then up early.

Looking forward to more.
It was a really great trip. Lots of fun in three days.

Yup, that was a late night and an early morning. That's not like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
I am horrible reader as I am just joining, but at least I made it right? The November trip was great and enjoying the New Years trip so far. You are so lucky to have taken a trip with your mom and now your dad.

Hey, no worries! Glad to have you on board. I'm very fortunate to have really great parents that I enjoy spending time with.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: