Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #136
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day Three Itinerary - Sunday January 2nd 2011

Man, time is slipping by me so quickly. I need to get this itinerary done!

Day Three - Sunday January 2nd

Park - Magic Kingdom by 9am (open until 1am)

Breakfast - Main Street Bakery
Lunch/Dinner - Columbia Harbour House
Lunch/Dinner - Cosmic Rays

I list the restaurants as lunch/dinner because they are obviously interchangeable. I don't have a preference for one at any time, I just like to make sure we eat at odd hours.

The park is open until 1am, but I'm not sure what our plan will be. The options are to just stay at the park until we're done for the day, or to go back in the afternoon, rest, and come back to the park. It depends on my dad.

My dad has a plastic knee from surgery and a replacement that resulted from an injury in the Vietnam War, and further aggravation of the injury during the rest of his 10 years in the military. He is normally capable of going for the whole day, but he also can have trouble if he pushes himself too far, so our resting in the middle of the day often depends upon his knee.

We preordered our Photopass CD this weekend! Mom talked dad into it, because at first he wasn't going to order it. We had to explain to him the value of it during our trip. Since I'm always the photographer, we rarely get any pictures with me in them, let alone with all individuals on the trip. I'm not the kind of person that asks people to take pictures. I know people would do it, but I guess it's just a little idiosyncrasy. That's why photopass works, because that's their job!

If we decide to stay at the Magic Kingdom until we're done, maybe we'll go Downtown. I'm crossing my fingers on this one, because Dad doesn't like to shop. But I can try to talk him into eating Downtown instead......
Old 12-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #137
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Yikes, I am really behind! Loved all the updates. I have to say in the old school pictures, I like the one of you in that Mickey t-shirt because I got one of the shirts now that has that same style Mickey on it. I love the retro stuff.

Huh, I am probably one of the ones who never realized there was an upstairs at CHH. Maybe I did but I know on our last two trips we stayed downstairs. haha

Nice pics from Country Bear Jamboree. I can't even remember the last time I saw that show.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #138
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Yikes, I am really behind! Loved all the updates. I have to say in the old school pictures, I like the one of you in that Mickey t-shirt because I got one of the shirts now that has that same style Mickey on it. I love the retro stuff.

Huh, I am probably one of the ones who never realized there was an upstairs at CHH. Maybe I did but I know on our last two trips we stayed downstairs. haha

Nice pics from Country Bear Jamboree. I can't even remember the last time I saw that show.
I love the retro stuff too! I wish there was more of the old school stuff.

That's okay about CHH, I just found out about it recently too. You'll have to check it out next time. Blink or you'll miss it though!
Old 12-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #139
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Man, time is slipping by me so quickly. I need to get this itinerary done!

Day Three - Sunday January 2

My dad has a plastic knee from surgery and a replacement that resulted from an injury in the Vietnam War, and further aggravation of the injury during the rest of his 10 years in the military. He is normally capable of going for the whole day, but he also can have trouble if he pushes himself too far, so our resting in the middle of the day often depends upon his knee.

If we decide to stay at the Magic Kingdom until we're done, maybe we'll go Downtown. I'm crossing my fingers on this one, because Dad doesn't like to shop. But I can try to talk him into eating Downtown instead......
Have dad pack his knee brace to put on he can keep going longer with it on.
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 GF

Old 12-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #140
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I can't believe you're going back already!!! I wish I could go, I don't have any New Year's eve plans, Disney sounds perfect!

Love the update! I bought that throw of the castle last year, I use it all the time, it's so pretty! And I have the same Mickey shirt, just in pink! And that cheshire cat thing you got your niece is SO cute!

I hate when people stand in the middle of anything where there is a large group of people, Disney World or not, just move to the side!!!!

Sorry you didn't have fun at Philharmagic. That would have annoyed me too!

Pop looks like so much fun! I'm considering doing a split stay for our next trip (whenever THAT is going to be! ) and if I do, Pop is going to be one of the places I stay!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #141
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
Have dad pack his knee brace to put on he can keep going longer with it on.
Oohhh, that's a good idea! Remind me to remind him!
Old 12-26-2010, 08:11 PM   #142
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I can't believe you're going back already!!! I wish I could go, I don't have any New Year's eve plans, Disney sounds perfect!

Love the update! I bought that throw of the castle last year, I use it all the time, it's so pretty! And I have the same Mickey shirt, just in pink! And that cheshire cat thing you got your niece is SO cute!

I hate when people stand in the middle of anything where there is a large group of people, Disney World or not, just move to the side!!!!

Sorry you didn't have fun at Philharmagic. That would have annoyed me too!

Pop looks like so much fun! I'm considering doing a split stay for our next trip (whenever THAT is going to be! ) and if I do, Pop is going to be one of the places I stay!
I really enjoy staying at POP. It's a really great resort, and I was most happy with having such a great variety of food at the food court. Since we normally stay DVC, we don't have the benefit of the awesome food courts. I would definitely recommend it.

I love the Cheshire cat I got for my niece! She loves little things, and my mom also got her one of Lady.

I really wanted the green version of the Mickey shirt, but they didn't have my size. That's okay though, the yellow worked out great.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #143
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Day Four Itinerary - Monday January 3rd

OK, since I leave in days, I will post the last day of our itinerary today. Woo! I was really hoping to get this TR done before I left, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Oh well, what are you gonna do?

Day 4 - Monday January 3rd

Park - Epcot @8am (closes at 9pm)
Possibly go to DHS for PM EMH (until 11pm)

Breakfast - Sunshine Seasons
Lunch - Tangierine Cafe
Dinner - ???????

We can stay out a little later this night, because our flight doesn't leave until 11:30am the next day. That's great, because the last flight back we took, we were picked up by ME at 4am!

Dinner is undecided. Possibly Everything POP. If we get everything done early at Epcot, we can go back to POP, pack, eat dinner, then go to DHS. It's up in the air.

This will be our final day. Four full days though is pretty good. I'm not complaining!

I work the rest of the week, and we leave after work on Thursday. So exciting!
Old 12-27-2010, 10:40 PM   #144
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Quote:
I didn't want to bore you with too many pictures, because I took tons!
what people find it boring? I need to rethink my tr. as I post every pic I take.

Great updates and pics. The dessert party sounds really nice, might look into that.

I love Animal Kingdom but for photo reasons. The best park for pics, it is gorgeous.

If I am not back in time have a safe and magical trip.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #145
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
what people find it boring? I need to rethink my tr. as I post every pic I take.

Great updates and pics. The dessert party sounds really nice, might look into that.

I love Animal Kingdom but for photo reasons. The best park for pics, it is gorgeous.

If I am not back in time have a safe and magical trip.

Even I have to admit, I probably took some pretty boring pictures! I love pictures! But I'm always not so sure people want to see me taking completely random shots. Ducks, squirrels, bushes, etc......

I agree, Animal Kingdom is the prettiest park. I think I have to most pictures from there of all of the parks.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:50 PM   #146
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Great update!! It sounds like you and your mom have fun together. That's great!! I think leaving early and exploring Pop was a nice way to end the night.

Your next trip is coming soon!! yay!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

(Hoping for pixie dust to make this happen!)
Old 12-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #147
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Great update!! It sounds like you and your mom have fun together. That's great!! I think leaving early and exploring Pop was a nice way to end the night.

Your next trip is coming soon!! yay!
I know, I'm so excited!!

My mom and I always have a great time together.

Exploring POP was a good way to end the day. It was very relaxing and my mom really loved seeing the resort.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #148
iluvwdw5
In Luv with the Mouse

I LOVE THIS TR!!!!! I read from post #1 & JUST LOVED IT!! Have a great time and if you would please do me a favor - I am going with my family in July ... can you look at the room # on the ground floor, closest to the food court and outside bar? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!!

2005 ASSports, 2007 CSR, 2007 OKW
2009 Off Site, 2009 POP, 2011 CSR, 2012 POR
Old 12-29-2010, 11:42 AM   #149
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvwdw5 View Post
I LOVE THIS TR!!!!! I read from post #1 & JUST LOVED IT!! Have a great time and if you would please do me a favor - I am going with my family in July ... can you look at the room # on the ground floor, closest to the food court and outside bar? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!!

Glad that you're having a good time on my TR! I won't be posting day three until I return from my upcoming trip, and then I'll be adding posts about that.

I honestly think that the room we had fit the category that you're looking for (room #5160). It was the absolute closest you could get to the food court, and it was pretty close to Petals.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:53 PM   #150
iluvwdw5
In Luv with the Mouse

Good to know! Thanks for the info

2005 ASSports, 2007 CSR, 2007 OKW
2009 Off Site, 2009 POP, 2011 CSR, 2012 POR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: