Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #31
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntmmk View Post
where in NC do you live?? We live in Morganton.
Close by Raleigh & Durham

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjmranch View Post
Congratulations on your marriage and DVC buy!
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TagsMissy View Post
How many points are you looking at buying? We're already contemplating adding on -- we stayed at Intrawest this past weekend on some "Discovery Points" we purchased and we have decided that even though it would be awesome to have Whistler as our second home base for points we'd rather just add more to DVC and if we need to trade out and use points in Whistler or just pay cash. Careful of the DVC bug once you've joined you are always wondering 'where else should I buy or how many more points do I need?"
We're looking at the Re-Sale right now. Some AMAZING deals. It will be March before we actually buy. Honey says we need to wait. We have the holidays around the corner and we both want to upgrade our cars by Dec. Looking to get 150 points to start with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuttle View Post
Congrats on your marriage!!

DVC was my push present after our triplets were born, and we always get excited planning our next trip!! For us, it's an easy way to really guarantee that we get to go on a fun family vacations especially when life sometimes has other plans!

Enjoy DVC! I know that we do!!
Thanks, we can't wait!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony-NJ View Post
Congratulations to you ladies! Marriage and DVC - that's awesome!
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hematite153 View Post
We started with 150 points and then added 175 points last year.
We're looking to start with 150.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #32
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

AH-HA! Now the March puzzle has been solved

If it is just the two of you traveling and you usually go Sept/Oct 150 is good. Yes fellow DVCers I will stand firm

There's definitely deals out there especially with the costs per point on the rise. SSR just went up and there's a rumour of BLT going up again. When it's time to buy however do the math between buying on the market vs direct through Disney, with closing costs etc sometimes the price differential is quite small.

I am very excited for you two!
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #33
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagsMissy View Post
AH-HA! Now the March puzzle has been solved

If it is just the two of you traveling and you usually go Sept/Oct 150 is good. Yes fellow DVCers I will stand firm

There's definitely deals out there especially with the costs per point on the rise. SSR just went up and there's a rumour of BLT going up again. When it's time to buy however do the math between buying on the market vs direct through Disney, with closing costs etc sometimes the price differential is quite small.

I am very excited for you two!
Your right, our DVC agent just emailed us and said BLT is going up to 130 per point. This is why I think ReSale may be better for us. Wifey is still researching it out. Either way, March gives us more time to get through the holidays. I have ANOTHER wedding ahead of me and this one is the big one. Just about every penny I have will go to that one. It's not everyday your first daughter gets married.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #34
Scampi
Earning My Ears

I love hearing about happy weddings. My wife and I were married a year ago, and we went to Disney in January for a delayed honeymoon. It was great. We got to walk around the parks wearing "Just Married" buttons. We even got free desserts to congatulate us on our wedding. It was a lot of fun.

I already had a DVC memebership and we have been planning Disney vacations since we started dating.

Best wishes to you both, enjoy Disney again and again!
Scampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #35
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Thanks Scampi. We can't wait till we sign on the dotted line with the DVC. Our entire family will get to enjoy it!
Old 10-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #36
roypup
Future Imagineer

I love my DVC membership. Be careful of "add-onitis" in the future.
roypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:45 PM   #37
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by roypup View Post
I love my DVC membership. Be careful of "add-onitis" in the future.
I've been told it's "Catchy!"
Old 10-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #38
OrlandoMike
all I can say is beer hurts when it comes out of your nose!
I don't think we hijacked Halloween, we just do a better job at it!

Mr. Mike, plain ole head

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmates View Post
I've been told it's "Catchy!"
It's a cult I tell ya! A cult!
OrlandoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #39
PghLybrt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoMike View Post
It's a cult I tell ya! A cult!
I think you are right! Of cource if we must be in a cult at least it is a good one to be in!
PghLybrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #40
roypup
Future Imagineer

Before I bought into the DVC, we used to (and still do) see the "Heard the best kept Disney Secret?" with pluto looking very suprised. I always said it's because he heard that Goofy was well endowed.
roypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:56 AM   #41
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by roypup View Post
Before I bought into the DVC, we used to (and still do) see the "Heard the best kept Disney Secret?" with pluto looking very suprised. I always said it's because he heard that Goofy was well endowed.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #42
I<3EvilQueen
Is That the Fashion 2nd Amendment-The Right to Bare Arms?

My room-mate has points at AKL and BLT, and I have to say that when we stay at AKL it feels more like a vacation. To be fair we had a Magic Kingdom view at BLT and it was great, but it is soooooo kinetic that I felt less relaxed there. We are talking about when we stay at BLT next that we want a Bay Lake view instead this time.

Upcoming Trips:
7 Night Mediterrian Cruise June 2013
I<3EvilQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:00 AM   #43
soulmates

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3EvilQueen View Post
My room-mate has points at AKL and BLT, and I have to say that when we stay at AKL it feels more like a vacation. To be fair we had a Magic Kingdom view at BLT and it was great, but it is soooooo kinetic that I felt less relaxed there. We are talking about when we stay at BLT next that we want a Bay Lake view instead this time.
We REALLY want AKL or WVL. I think we're leaning towards the RESALES's. We've decided to wait till AFTER the daughter gets married in May. I'll feel better about it all. We originally told our DVC gal next fall and in the end, it works best for us. This time next year we should be owners!! I'm a big picture girl. If I KNOW it's a long term goal, I chip away at it. I can wait for it, cuz it's SO worth it!!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:16 PM   #44
WDBRDWLK
Nana to Princesses Maya and Orion and Prince Joel.

Hello Soulmates! Congratulations on your marriage! Glad everything was perfect for the two of you! I was actually at WDW at the same time. I thought I walked past the two of you at Epcot..

Glad to hear your daughter's wedding plans are coming along...we are in the same position...lots of $$ heading out the door for our daughters March wedding! She and her fiance' are honeymooning at WDW. They are using our DVC at Hilton Head and WDW and a few days in Savannah.

We have owned DVC since 1999 and I always tell people that we should have bought sooner. We weighed the options of buying a larger house in Cary or buying DVC...we made the correct choice! Let me know if you have any questions about DVC.

Cindy
Old 11-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #45
joanjett1976
Shane in the study with the candlestick!
As a Disney geek you can truly feel Walt's touch in the park

Can't wait for your trip report! Congratulations once again.

We came back from the Swan 2 days ago and suffering from severe withdrawl!!! Mama needs her WDW magic.
Nov 2013 WDW Yacht-AKL, Aug 2012 Disneyland, Jan 2012 WDW WL, July 2011 Disneyland, Oct 2010 WDW Swan, April 2010 DL Paris, Jan 2010 Disneyland, April 2009 DL Paris, Jan 2008 Paradise Pier Disneyland, Oct 2007 DL Paris, Sept 2007 POFQ, May 2007 Grand Californian Disneyland, April 2007 DL Paris, Feb 2007 Disney Wonder & POP, Oct 2006 MNSSHP/F&W @ POP, Oct 2006 DL Paris, May 2006 2 weeks @ POP, April 2006 DL Paris, January 2006 Disneyland, January 2006 30th Bday POP/AKL, Oct 2005 DL Paris, June 2005 POFQ, Feb 2005 Disneyland, Aug 2004 POFQ, 1983-1984-1986-1988-1989-1991-1994: Off Site, July 1980: 4 Years Old: 1st Trip To WDW

joanjett1976 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: