Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Halloween at the DLH - Day 7 Disney!

The Cast

Me - Julie, 35
DH - John, 39
DS1 - Mark, 16
DD - Abbey, 13
DS2 - Lewis, 6

Pre-trippie
Days 1-3 It's London Baby!
Day 4 - Disney!
Day 5 - Disney!
Day 6 - Disney!

Thursday 14 October

This morning everyone was still sound asleep at 8am. I think it must be the heavy black out curtains, either that or some Disney magic! I got ready quietly in the bathroom and then left the light on in the bathroom and left the door open when I was done. Lewis was first to wake at about 8:20. He saw me sitting there and came over and asked me if he had missed Peter Pan....when I said he hadn't he ran into the bathroom to get ready. Abbey woke up then and I thought i'd just leave the boys sleeping. I set alarms on their mobiles and the 3 of us went off to the park.

It was after 8:30 now and the weather was a bit warmer than it had been yesterday. First stop Peter Pan of course. We were asked if we wanted to go on again, which of couse we did. Then over to the Dumbos.

Tea cups - again could not turn the wheel, too cold!

Back to Dumbos again and then Peter Pan. But what was this.....a queue - excuse me it's EMH!! It was after 9 now and it was getting a bit busy. We had to queue for a whole minute

We finished Fantasyland as we always do with the Carousel. This time Lewis wanted to try the large horse on the outside and was chuffed to bits with himself.

Abbey didn't want to do Space Mountain herself, and we couldn't really be bothered with Star Tours so we just didn't mention Orbitron to Lewis and headed for Salon Mickey. When we came out of the castle one of the Main St Motors was waiting on us, so we hopped aboard. It's the first time we've ever rode on one of these and as we went down Main St I commented that this must be what it's like to be in the parade as everyone was taking our picture (My secret wish is for Abbey to one day be Belle in the parade...)

We popped into Salon Mickey for the last time this trip and I had hot chocolate and a crossiant and Abbey and Lewis both had orange juice and cookies. It was quite busy and we had to share seats with each other.

Back to the hotel now and amazingly the boys were up, showered and ready to go!! I managed to fit the Buffallo Bills hats into the cases, do not know how....and we went to breakfast. Today we were in the California Grill. I think I preferred Inventions - easier access to the buffet.

Lewis met Minnie outside the restaurant

We went back to the room and collected our bags. On the way back to reception you pass the restaurants and we met Donald!! In all our visits we have never, ever met Donald.....I think I was more excited than anyone!

We took the bags to the left luggage counter and whilst I checked out John and the kids went out to the front of the hotel where we'd never been.

It was about 11:30 by now and Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen were scheduled at 11:45. John, Mark and Abbey went in and out some shops in Main St whilst Lewis and I waited to meet them. We were about 4th in the queue. Whilst we were waiting the character express came past.

We then met them - Prince Naveen was so funny moving his eyebrows around. He asked Lewis his name and said that he had a friend called Louis, the crocodile - Lewis' memory must have gone blank because he said he didn't know who this was - I had to remind him

Anyway, he was very nice - Tiana hardly said a word

We posted some postcards in City Hall and made our way through Liberty Arcade to Adventureland for Pirates. A walk on as it had been all week, and when it finished there was no-one else in the queue so we were allowed to stay on for another go.

From here we went to Frontierland and John and the kids done BTM. Jack was out again and Lewis wanted to meet him, hoping he would remember him. Unfortunately he was a different Jack, but Lewis still enjoyed it.

Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
Ms Poppins

I then did BTM with the kids and then Lewis wanted to do Phantom Manor, so we headed up that way. We met a pumpkin head on the way and Lewis had a kid on fight with him - he was really funny.

Phantom Manor done, we had a wander around

The Mark Twain was docking so we decided to have a wee sail on that

Hadn't been on this for years and really liked it

We passed some workers restoring the Molly Brown (I think) - they are in the background of this photo and they all waved like mad as we went by. It's a wonder they get any work done!!

to be continued...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Poppins View Post
(My secret wish is for Abbey to one day be Belle in the parade...)
She would make a beautiful Belle!!!

When I asked Isabelle what she wants to do when she grows up she said she wants to work at Disneyland and wear princess clothes! Who can blame her? If I'd known such a job existed when I was her age so would I!!!

Last edited by Mum to Belle; 10-17-2010 at 04:13 AM.
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:49 AM   #4
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post

Ditto that - she'd be a great Belle!

When I asked Isabelle what she wants to do when she grows up she said she wants to work at Disneyland and wear princess clothes! Who can blame her? If I'd known such a job existed when I was her ago so would I!!!
That is so cute!!!

* 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR *
Trip Reports WDW and DLRP http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ching+t+shirts
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419270http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476348
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rd+trip+reporthttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....le+trip+report
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:55 AM   #5
Nubbedy
I was born without a 'Hidden-Mickey-spotting' gene
ºoº

Ready for more!

Sara My Disbuddy is kristieuk
Disney World - July 2006 (ASMo), Aug 2007 (ASMo), Apr 2008 (Pop), Aug 2009 (POFQ), Aug 2010 (POFQ), Oct 2011 (POFQ) Aug 2012 (POFQ) Aug 2013 (POFQ)
Disneyland Paris - Jan 2007 (NY), Oct 2008 (Ch), Feb 2010 (Ch), Feb 2011 (Ch), Aug 2011 (SL)
Feb 2012 (Ch) Dec 2012 (Ch) Feb 2013 (Ch) Feb 2014 (Ch)
Nubbedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:20 AM   #6
Ms Poppins

Quote:

When I asked Isabelle what she wants to do when she grows up she said she wants to work at Disneyland and wear princess clothes! Who can blame her? If I'd known such a job existed when I was her age so would I!!!
Aww that's lovely - thank you
Old 10-17-2010, 04:46 AM   #7
Ms Poppins

We left the Mark Twain and decided to head to the Studios for the rest of the day. We used our favourite shortcut, Liberty Arcade. I said to John as we were walking through that it was always so quite, only 3 other people in there heading towards us. When I looked up I realised it was Abbey and Mark's friends from home with their dad! It really is a small world after all

So over to the Studios.

It was nice to see the band playing inside

Just had to get another picture here

Mark and Abbey wanted to do Crush again and John and I fancied it too. We knew Lewis wouldn't like it so we intened to all queue together and then one of us would go off with Lewis. The CM at the entrance suggested just 3 queue and ask for a baby switch ticket inside. So John and the kids went inside and I took Lewis onto the carpets - again

I took this picture, as I just couldn't believe the blue skies

We went on Cars again and then watched Crush for a while. I noticed that Buzz had just come out again, so took Lewis to meet him.

John and the kids came out after only about 20 minutes - the wait had said 40. I took the ticket and went back in via the exit with Mark. It was a good ride, but I think they could have done more with it. It was dark for most of the time, they could maybe have made it blue, like the sea?

After this we did Playhouse Disney which we all enjoyed. John, Mark and Abbey wanted another go on Tower of Terror. Whilst they did this Lewis and I met Sulley. Lewis was a bit scared at first, Sulley is really big - but he was glad he met him and said afterwards that he was really cuddly.

We had a bit of a walk around - Lewis liked this stage

We met up with the others and all did Carpets

We fancied a last go on Slinky - but it was closed

Just a 10 minute wait for RC Racer, so Mark and Abbey did this. I noticed whilst on the ride that there is a box, on board, for putting your bags in. Very good idea - here is a pic of the example outside the ride.

Lewis met Rex again as we waited

I hadn't been on Aerosmith yet, so I went on with Mark and Abbey. We were right at the front, and for some reason my feet flew about all over the place. I've never noticed that before!

Abbey couldn't resist the brolly

We had saved all our shopping for now, so we went into the Studios shop. Lewis had been on and on about a Peter Pan set he'd seen in the hotel shop. It wasn't in the Studios so we said we'd go back to Main St to finish our shopping. As we got there the parade was just finishing, so I think it was about 5:30pm by now.

We did some shopping - it was busy in the shops, especially inside the Emporium. We found the Peter Pan toy, but it was exactly the same characters as he has at home so we asked him to choose something else. After much deliberation he decided on Princess and the Frog set - he hasn't stopped playing with it!

Shopping all done, we made our way to the hotel to pick up our bags and then board the Eurostar. Train left on time and we were back in London just after 9pm. We were going to get a taxi back to the flat, but we came out a different entrance at the station and it was dry so we walked and before we knew it we were there.

Our train was at 2:30pm the next day and we were sad to leave our holiday behind.

We were back in Glasgow at 7:15pm where John's sisted picked us up.

I think you can tell from the report that we had a fabulous time! Having been in summer most of the time we all agreed that we much preferred Halloween and managed to get so much more done than on previous trips, even with shorter park hours. The heat usually exhausts us, and I feel obliged to be out in the park until it closes. I noticed that we hardly ever went back to our hotel during the day, unlike previous times when we needed to rest due to the heat. We loved the hotel and the convenience of it - but probably won't be able to stay there again.

Overall an absolutely fantastic time had by all and missing it already

I'll do some restaurant reviews/hotel review later. Thanks for all the nice comments
Old 10-17-2010, 05:25 AM   #8
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Fabulous trip report Julie - I just read all your days, what a great family holiday
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:29 AM   #9
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

what an excellent report i really enjoyed reading it

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:50 PM   #10
Asker Family
Mouseketeer

Great report! I am really excited about our stay at the DLH now

Thanks for sharing

Disneyland Paris March 2004 - Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris August 2010 - Davy Crockett Ranch
Disneyland Paris December 2010 - Disneyland Hotel Walt Disney World June 2012 - Beach Club Resort
Asker Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:00 AM   #11
giuly09
it made me feel like i was the queen
A gold halo might be shining around my name

Great trip reports thanks for sharing

giuly09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:02 AM   #12
TheTizardFamily:0)
DIS Veteran

Great report and lovely pics! Thanks for sharing!

TheTizardFamily:0) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:14 AM   #13
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Great TR Julie, thank you so much for sharing!

Your family are all so lovely that it is almost enough to make me feel broody!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #14
Libby_Darling
Mouseketeer

Best report ever, I actually feel like I was on holiday with you all haha! Glad you had an amazing time

DLRP 1992, 2004, 2006, 2010, 2012 x 2! WDW 1996, 1999, 2002, 2004, 2011, 2013...planning 2015!!

2011 Dining Report - A Veggie and a Carnie EAT!
Libby_Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:25 PM   #15
Ms Poppins

Quote:
Great TR Julie, thank you so much for sharing!

Your family are all so lovely that it is almost enough to make me feel broody!!
Thank you - however I don't want to be responsible for anything

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: