Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #76
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

Thank you for the Anniversary well wishes. Sorry so late to respond. I haven't been online that much lately.

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 08/DLH (DLR), 10/DCL - Magic (Southern Caribbean); 11/AKV;2015: 01/AKV ~ WDW Marathon Weekend, 04/ABD - CA/GCH(DLR)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #77
TheTXTaylors5

I'm starting my "To Do List". I've had months and months to prepare for this trip. But, most things had to wait until this week and next week to do. So of course, now I am scrambling to get things done. So much to do, so little time ...

TO DO LIST
Pack - The suitcases are out. But, there's not too much in them right now. A lot of clothing we are taking is clothes we wear in our every day lives. So, I will be doing lots of laundry before we leave too.
Pack Christmas decorations - We are taking a small pre-lit Disney Christmas tree, pre-lit garland, colored lights to hang on our balcony, snow flakes to put on the windows, Mickey, Minnie and Pluto holiday plush dolls we got last year at WDW. Even though we won't be at home for Christmas, I still want our room to feel like Christmas.
Christmas (Santa) Shopping - We've got all the Santa gifts. I wrapped them last week. I still have to get the stocking stuffers. We're going to do what we planned, pack the kids in the car and I or Bill will run back into the house to do one last check and leave the presents under the tree and fill the stockings. I can't wait to see the kids faces when we get home in THREE weeks! In addition to what we purchase at WDW, we have some presents from us already wrapped and ready to transport to WDW. I found some really cute Disney and Toy Story wrapping paper for the Christmas presents to be opened at WDW.
Pack WDW Items - MVMCP tickets, Cole's (DS5) Annual Pass, Print Give a Day, Get a Disney Day vouchers
Pack DCL Items - Baggage Tags and Passports
WDW Online Check-In - We've done this our past four trips to WDW. It does speed up the check-in process. After over nineteen hours in the car, any extra time gained is welcome!
Print stateroom door signs - I am doing that right now. I got sidetracked reading emails and browsing the DISboards. Bill got me some magnetic paper last night. I'll post some pics when I get them printed.
Print itinerary - I honestly know every aspect of the itinerary. However, it will be nice to have the confirmation numbers printed.
Print Cruise Documents - We did online registration. So, we just need to sign and bring the registration documents to Port Canaveral for a smooth check-in.
Buy new GPS - Bill came home last night with a new GPS. Even though we've made the trek to WDW so many times that Bill could make the drive with his eyes closed, if we decide to take some detours like New Orleans, Gatorland and even on WDW property, it will be nice to have a GPS in the SUV. One thing to note about the signs on WDW property, they don't always give you the "quickest" route to where you want to go. The signs are posted on how they want traffic to flow on property.
Stop Mail - Go online and stop mail. Link HERE.
Sign-Up for Police Watch Program - I go online and inform our local PD that we will be on vacation. So when they do their patrols, they swing by our house to make sure all is well.
Clean the House (next Thursday) - I have to come home to a clean house. There's nothing like finally getting home after traveling to clean sheets on the bed and a clean house. Since we will be gone so long, I have to make sure the trash (even the barrels in the garage) is brought out to the curb for trash pick-up.
Clean the SUV (next Thursday) - It is nice to have a clean vehicle inside and out to start a trip.
Drop off Minnie (our DIScat) at the border (next Thursday) - We're going to be gone for a long time. I hope she doesn't think we've abandoned her. She is a stray cat that adopted us about this time last year. She is a very sweet cat and would come up to the children for attention. Most strays run if you get within a few feet. She was different and had obviously been someone's pet at one time. I posted signs around the neighborhood to see if she was anyone's pet. No one responded to the signs. So, I took her to the vet to get checked out. She was already fixed and had her front claws removed. So, I am now 100% sure she was someone's pet that just abandoned her. Even through her hardship, she is a sweet and very affectionate cat. I will be the first to admit, I am NOT a cat person. I am more of a dog person. But, she is the best cat for a dog person. I think she thinks she's a dog!
Get Money (next Thursday) - Change for tolls and cash for DCL tips.
Drop off/Pick-up Dry Cleaning (Friday or Monday) - We booked dinner at Palo one evening onboard The Wonder. It has a dress code. So, we want to wear some "nice" clothing. It's been awhile since I've worn my "fancy" dress. So, it needs to be dry cleaned to get the dust off. Also, Bill and I are having a romantic Date Night at Yachtsman's one night.

Shopping List (When Bill gets home from work, I am going shopping alone tonight! )
Bonine (for the cruise)
Glowsticks (for Pirate Night on the cruise)
Snacks for the car ride
Drinks for the car ride
AA Batteries
Tights for Emily (DD8) for the cruise
Hair Gel
Axe
Deodorant
Body Wash (for the kids)
Laundry Detergent for WDW (We have a HE washer and dryer at home. So, I have to get different detergent for the wash in our DVC room. I plan to do a load of laundry at WDW before the cruise to wash our clothes from the roadtrip. I want to start fresh and new on the boat. I do NOT like the laundry facility onboard.)

I am very surprised how short my shopping list is. However, when we get off the cruise, we will stop at a grocery store to pick-up more items to keep in our room at WDW. We'll have a full kitchen in our DVC room.

I don't have everything checked just yet, some things have to wait until next week. But, I'm working on the list!

Have I forgotten anything?????????

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 08/DLH (DLR), 10/DCL - Magic (Southern Caribbean); 11/AKV;2015: 01/AKV ~ WDW Marathon Weekend, 04/ABD - CA/GCH(DLR)

Last edited by TheTXTaylors5; 12-06-2010 at 10:57 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #78
DVCsince02
Everyone knows is better

Online check in to your hotel!

DVCsince02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #79
TheTXTaylors5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCsince02 View Post
Online check in to your hotel!
Thank you! It is so nice to have the KTTW cards already pre-printed and our packet ready and waiting for us.

Jennifer

Old 12-01-2010, 02:01 PM   #80
Nemo32
DIS Veteran

Oh, the dreaded "TO DO" and "To BUY" lists! Those keep me up all night...
Old 12-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #81
TheTXTaylors5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo32 View Post
Oh, the dreaded "TO DO" and "To BUY" lists! Those keep me up all night...

I've had the dreaded "I forgot something at home" nightmares already. I will be at peace once the car is packed and we are on the road.

Jennifer

Old 12-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #82
Nemo32
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTXTaylors5 View Post

I've had the dreaded "I forgot something at home" nightmares already. I will be at peace once the car is packed and we are on the road.

Jennifer
That's bad too! I've also been envisioning us waking at 7am next Wednesday, when we're supposed to wake at 2am to catch a 6am flight I'm guna set multiple alarms.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:20 PM   #83
TheTXTaylors5

I've got some more items checked off my" To Do" list in my previous post. Also, some things we've done that I hadn't thought of ...

Bill brought my watch and jewelry to Jared's to be cleaned today. Also, he had a new battery put in my watch. So, everything is sparkling for the cruise.

I paid bills online today.

I tried on my fancy dress and was surprised it still fits. However, Emily (DD8) tried on her fancy dress and it doesn't fit. So, I have to try and find her a dress tomorrow. These kids grow so fast!!!!! She wore the dress twice!

Bill already got his hair cut. But, I still need to cut the boys hair tomorrow night. Since it is getting colder, I will not do the usual short and spikey hair cut. Will (DS10) complained the other day that I make him bald when I cut his hair. He is getting older and wants to grow it out. So, I am not too sure what I am going to do with his hair tomorrow night. Probably not the best time to try something new.

My personal hair stylist will color my hair tomorrow night. The things a man does for his wife. Thank you honey! He does a great job! (Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone! )

The dry cleaning has been brought and picked up from the cleaners. However, I just bought Bill a new white dress shirt today for our Palo dinner. So, now that has to be brought to the cleaners.

I have made about three trips to the store and think I know have everything we need for the trip. (except Emily's dress)

Since we are missing Christmas Eve dinner with Bill's family, I am making a tray of lasagna for his sister to freeze and reheat for Christmas Eve dinner. Bill is going to bring it over to her on Wednesday after work. So, I will be busy making lasagna and baking cookies tomorrow. I don't think there are enough hours in the day tomorrow for everything on my list. It will all get done. I have confidence.

Jennifer

Old 12-06-2010, 11:26 PM   #84
TheTXTaylors5

What to pack?!?!?!?!
Have you seen the weather report for Walt Disney World lately???? It is cold!!!!! We've traveled to WDW around Thanksgiving before and the weather was always iffy (cold one day and warm the next). I think we will have to bring a little of everything on this trip because we are going to the Bahamas too. Bathing suits and winter jackets, this will be an interesting packing situation.

Jennifer

Old 12-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #85
TheTXTaylors5

4 Days Until ...

We pack up the SUV and head down the highway with next stop ... Walt Disney World!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! The last few months have flown by. October and November were a blurr. I can honestly say, I am soooooooooooo ready for this trip. Bring it on!

Jennifer

Old 12-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #86
Nemo32
DIS Veteran

YAY! We leave in the morning!
Old 12-08-2010, 02:35 AM   #87
TheTXTaylors5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo32 View Post
YAY! We leave in the morning!
Have a magical trip! We don't leave until Friday. When we come back, we can compare stories.

Jennifer

Old 12-08-2010, 02:42 AM   #88
TheTXTaylors5

2 Days Until ...

We try to squeeze way too much stuff into the SUV.

I have the dining room as a staging area.

The kids had a VERY successful donation drive for Give Kids The World. We have three very full trash bags ready to drop off at Give Kids The World Village on Saturday (We changed our itinerary around. So, the items don't sit it our SUV while on the cruise.) Now, we just need to find room in the SUV for the three bags.

Will and Emily

The Donations

Jennifer

Last edited by TheTXTaylors5; 12-08-2010 at 03:16 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:22 AM   #89
TheTXTaylors5

Walt Disney World Paperchain Countdown

Our paperchain countdown has gone from this ...

To this ...

Jennifer

Old 12-08-2010, 03:45 AM   #90
aml3679
Kita's Mom

Thanks for your pre-trip report. I read the whole thing and cannot wait to read your post-trip report.

My husband and I met each other when we were single parents and never had enough money to take our kids on a vacation and never to WDW although we always wanted to. It is nice to see that your children made a paper chain to count down.

Now, we have been married for 25 years. He is an IT manager and I am an RN. But, our girls (31 and 32) are married and have children of their own.

My husband and I have only been to WDW once together and we stayed off site. We have been to Disneyland once and again stayed off site. Next year, we are staying at The Wilderness Lodge for 11 days around Christmas and are so excited. We plan on going to each of the 4 parks, doing DVMCP and resort hopping.

We have a brand new grandson (4 mos) and told our daughter we would love to take him to WDW when he is 4. She said, sure, if I can come. Therefore, we are hoping to take our whole family there in a few years. That would be great. Hey, better late than never.

Have a great time. Again, looking forward to your post trip report.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: