Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #3391
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriemiller View Post
all this talk about availablity is making me nervous. We want to stay in a Lion King room sometime around Nov 10 but havent booked yet. We are kind of waiting to see what deals if any are coming for Nov.
You can book it now and apply a code later if you need to.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 06-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #3392
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Gracey View Post
We will be there at the same time! How cool! I might change my dates to 1/6-1/10 because my first three nights were $100, but my last night was $125. It didn't make sense to me because Thursday isn't a weekend right?
If your last night is Friday, Jan 11th, that is considered a weekend nght, so it is more...but Sunday is NOT considered a weekend night so it would be the lesser rate.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #3393
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I just booked my room for 1/7 - 1/11! I'm staying in a LM room!
Yep we have a LM room Jan 3-13!! I think this resort is going to be very crowded Oh well, its worth it I hope!
Old 06-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #3394
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriemiller View Post
all this talk about availablity is making me nervous. We want to stay in a Lion King room sometime around Nov 10 but havent booked yet. We are kind of waiting to see what deals if any are coming for Nov.
If you're OK paying the rack rate, you probably should book now to make sure you have the room you want. Unfortunately, it's not as easy as "applying a discount" if one comes out. The room type has to be available for your dates at that special rate in order to change the reservation. From what I can tell, not all the discount codes are being offered for AoA.

I'm also hoping and waiting for a discount in December, but we're OK with paying rack rate if that's what it takes to stay there then.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #3395
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceluv&mickeymouse View Post
Yep we have a LM room Jan 3-13!! I think this resort is going to be very crowded Oh well, its worth it I hope!
Awesome! I hope it won't be too crowded, but I know it will be worth it! I'm loving that AoA has their own buses!
Old 06-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #3396
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcthree View Post
You can book it now and apply a code later if you need to.
But that gives you no advantage in getting you a discount room. All it does is guarantee a room at full price in the absence of a discount.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #3397
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Awesome! I hope it won't be too crowded, but I know it will be worth it! I'm loving that AoA has their own buses!
Hannah, Disney's Marathon Weekend for 2013 begins Jan 10th.

1/10/2013 - 1/13/2013

Probably the reason for the cost increase!

Old 06-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #3398
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Hannah, Disney's Marathon Weekend for 2013 begins Jan 10th.

1/10/2013 - 1/13/2013

Probably the reason for the cost increase!
Yup. I looked up the dates and saw that that was the reason. I think I'll go the 6th-10th.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #3399
mickeye
DIS Veteran

First I want to say how good it is to be back on here with all of you good people. I haven't been able to get onto this site since last week because every time I tried to log on my computer blocked my access saying that the site was risky because of some type of 'danger'. Did anyone else run into this? I didn't know if there were hackers causing trouble or what. Today, as usual, I tried again and this time I was able to get on. Does this happen often? It has happened to me once before, but just for a day or two, never for as long as it was this time. I kept thinking about all of you and what I may be missing regarding the AoA!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allieran3 View Post
Have you called Disney and ask if you have a pin code by your name? I called 3 weeks ago and had a pin code by my name for free QSDP at AoA/LM room for November 28-December 6th
Thanks for sharing this tip! I'm going to try it; you never know and it may just work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella73 View Post
Hi Mickeye ! Just popping in to check up on the thread. I must have been away while there is so much to catch up on. Wow we are getting close to filling the thread ! I think you would be great at managing the thread, but I agree its so much work.
You can see Triton here.
Thanks so much for your vote of confidence Cinder, but I'm not too well versed on PC techniques yet. Thank you for posting that wonderful link. That's the first good looks I've had of the LM and LK sections so far. I really hope that your move goes as smoothly as possible. Best of luck to you and your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Maybe thats a kodak thing then I have Canon. I just turn the flash off if i don't want it...but I mostly use my SLR anyways, in manual, which means no flash unless I turn it on myself. I have a Canon P&S and I either use auto or manual on that too. And I have a waterproof Fuji, but that is pure auto. And yes..all trhee, plus lenses are coming on this trip. LOL
Good for you, Jen! You have some serious photos to take, huh? I love photography also, and I love the opportunities that we can find in WDW. My little PAS camera does good considering it's not a big one with lenses and such. My GF has one of them that her DH bought her and she is taking it with us, but I often get photos that are better than hers, except for the night parades.

Boy it's good to be back on the boards again.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #3400
ddixon1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yup. I looked up the dates and saw that that was the reason. I think I'll go the 6th-10th.
Yup, and we are there to run! DH is running mararathon, I'll run the 5k, and DS (7) will run Micky Mike and 400m. AoA, here we come! Booked Nemo, looking forward to seeing everything and checking out the amazing food options! Can't wait to try the naan and tandoori choices. We're all adventurous (and healthy) eaters, and we are PSYCHED that WDW is finally moving in that direction! Yahoo!
Disney Half Marathon (POR), January 2000; Explorer of the Seas, July 2009; Oasis of the Seas, May 2011; Magic 2-night getaway from NYC, July 2012; Magic 5-night Canadian from NYC, August 2012; Animal Kingdom Lodge, January 2013; Dream 4-night to Bahamas, January 2013; Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo Studio), August 2013, December 2013
Old 06-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #3401
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
But that gives you no advantage in getting you a discount room. All it does is guarantee a room at full price in the absence of a discount.
Correct. The poster didn't say they had to have a code, just that they were "kind of waiting to see what deals, if any, are coming." Rather than wait for a code and lose a room, I would book it now. Unless of course I wasn't willing to pay rack rate!
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 06-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #3402
graciedad
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=mickeye;45290191]First I want to say how good it is to be back on here with all of you good people. I haven't been able to get onto this site since last week because every time I tried to log on my computer blocked my access saying that the site was risky because of some type of 'danger'. Did anyone else run into this? I didn't know if there were hackers causing trouble or what. Today, as usual, I tried again and this time I was able to get on. Does this happen often? It has happened to me once before, but just for a day or two, never for as long as it was this time. I kept thinking about all of you and what I may be missing regarding the AoA!!!!!

Yes! Same thing happened to me for a few days. I couldn't understand it. This was the only site that I come to that was giving me the virus scare. Then it went away?
Old 06-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #3403
Bronte
DIS Veteran

Are there toasters in the cars rooms ??
Old 06-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #3404
gilsan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutsss View Post
wow, just checked 10/17-10/24 and there are no LM rooms either!
I was looking for a room October 25-27 LM and found no availability for the last 2 days. This morning I looked and was able to book my nights.

2009 POFQ, 2010 Grand Floridian, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2012 BC/Dream Cruise/Poly, 2012 Halloween Fantasy Cruise, 2013 AKV, 2014 SSR/Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise2015 Eastbound Transatlantic Mmmm....Cake, 9 nights of Deluxe Dining w/Pictures
Old 06-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #3405
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte View Post
Are there toasters in the cars rooms ??
No toaster. The kitchenette has a small refrigerator with a tiny freezer section, coffee maker, small sink, and a microwave oven.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: