Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #211
Swalphin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharliNye View Post
Here's what I know:

Kim supported the family as a child. The mother who they called "Big Kathy" was a piece of work. She had several husbands and was heavily involved with a mafioso at one point. I have read stories that she was emotionally and physically abusive with the kids. Kyle is the youngest, Kathy is the oldest having a different father then the other two. Apparently the mother kind of "pimped" out Kathy when she was very young, I'm talking 13. She thought she was going to be her cash cow and she more or less set up all these marriages of the girls with wealthy men. Kathy was an aspiring actress who met Rick Hilton while fairly young, and the two were in their fair share of trouble(meaning Paris's apple doesn't fall far from the tree).

If you look at who did what, Kim was in EVERYTHING the late 70's through the 80's and was well loved by many(including myself as a kid). Kyle was only in a handful of parts here and there and never reached the notoriety her sister did.

Yes they all married well. I don't know much about Kim's first husband but the second husband is heir to some Texas oil dynasty. And Kim was heavily controlled by them. There are stories circulating that she didn't quite follow their directions and tried forcing their son to divorce her. It didn't happen right away, but eventually did.

Kim also lost a fiancee in a rather brutal manner. And has never quite recovered, I don't blame her. I would still feel a bit "off" if that happened in my world.

I also read that the mother left the house to Kim. She signed management papers into Mauricio's hands. During the real estate crash a few yrs ago, Mauricio and Kyle lost the house. Meaning they have OWED Kim. That is why they help her out financially. They lost a hell of a lot of her money.

Kyle comes off extremely controlling and manipulative. I've seen this, I have a sister very much like her. Appearances are everything and she will twist everything everyone does and says to make her look better, even if that means tearing family apart.

I don't see Kim has having mental issues at all. I see a woman who is no longer in her prime, who spent pretty much her WHOLE life in the spotlight in Hollywood. And let me tell you, that cannot be easy. It's like living in a giant fishbowl. Kim has four kids that from what I understand she takes care of the most. She loves her kids. Nothing wrong with that. As for her liking to be alone etc. Who doesn't? Believe it or not there are people out there who do not like being with larger then life personalities-Taylor, Lisa etc they'd make me feel uncomfortable too. They have all this money and privilege and Kim no longer has that. She's trying to live a bit more simple and here she's supposed to amount to what they do. I'd be a little off too if I was around those women all the time. I don't think she has emotional problems if anything she may just be oversensitive and not care to be around all the bs.

As for the drinking issue? She was definitely a bit tipsy at the beginning, but not enough to be a crazy drunk. Kyle egged that on. Taylor came at her and Kyle defended Taylor without hearing the conversation. Kim got emotional and wanted to leave and Kyle manipulated the behind the scenes to stop her so it would make KYLE look good. Awful, cruel thing to do.

Kim seemed pretty together towards the end, and if anything frightened. I would be too if I had someone like Kyle in my face.

I loved Kyle the first several episodes and thought Camille was nuts. I have actually changed my mind to the point where I now doubt Kyle's denial of saying anything to Camille in Vegas. I've now seen her make too many nasty little comments about her own sister behind her back. She's treated Lisa rather nasty lately too taking up her new(creepy) friendship with Taylor(who I think is the REAL nasty one on the show). Kyle needs to consult a shrink, not a medium. She has serious anger issues.
I also read terrible things about the mother of Kyle and Kim, that she did indeed pimp out her daughters. I am not surprised by that I have seen some women in my life do the same thing, maybe not to that extreme but not that far off.
Both of Kim's ex were very wealthy and as you said she was the star. I don't buy one bit that Kyle was supporting Kim financially. Just from Kim's divorces and if she had some investment advice I would think she would be pretty well off. Kyle on the other hand, I am sure she has been hurting since the market went bust. I can't imagine that Mauricio is bringing in the cash hand of fist. Kathy hilton does not strike me as the type to be giving handouts to her sisters.
Who knows how much Kathy and her husband even have right now. Who owns Hilton Hotels? I am pretty sure the Ritz Carlton is not even owned by the Ritz Carlton anymore

I agree with alot of what you said, I'll be curious to see how the relationship is now between Kim and Kyle during the reunion. I have not read one word from Kim since the last show. Kyle has expressed how she is in so much pain, how this has affected her, and how it was so hard for her to watch
Swalphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #212
Anjelica
Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere

I finally saw last Thursday's show last night. Taylor had no intention of "talking" to Kim but rather "laying down the law". She was extremely antagonistic and her behavior was uncalled for (even at her own birthday party). That whole fiasco started with Taylor.
Anjelica is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2011, 03:18 PM   #213
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation

From what little of the show I hae seen, it seems like Taylor likes to "innocently" stir things up and then step back and watch the fireworks fly. I could be wrong but that is the way it comes off.
anniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #214
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Everyone else's analysis of the show have pretty much been the same as mine, so I won't repeat. But whoa, what a show that was!!!

I actually felt sorry for Camille. When she was talking about going to their NYC apartment & the doorman not believing she was Mrs. Grammar - that was hard to watch.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #215
kinntj
DIS Veteran

Karibeth-You knew her in highschool? She must have been a real piece of work back then. I had seen a small clip of the reunion and she says something to Kyle about Kim (after talking about going Oklahoma on Kim) and Kyle just stares straight ahead. All I could think was, you're starting to stir crap up again you little devil.

I liked the show up until the last 2 episodes. It just made me really sad that grown women act this way. Taylor pounces on Kim because she does get tongue tied when confronted. Easy target.

Adrienne does say things about her DH that I don't like, but if stays around for it, then that's his problem. I do like her otherwise. She seems to have some compassion that the others don't give as freely.

I like that Lisa is witty. She says what's on her mind without being overly obnoxious about it.

And that brings me to Kyle. Having a big mouth doesn't mean that the words that come out of it is all true. Loud and obnoxious does not = right.
She needs to learn how to get her point across with tact and not get angry. I don't want to waste too many keystrokes discussing her. Uggh.

I feel for Kim. She shouldn't have been on this show to begin with. She wasn't very comfortable with any of the situations they had her in. Very awkward.

I will watch the reunion, but I'm sure there will be popcorn thrown at the tv screen.

We're back from our June 2014 Aulani trip!

Currently reading: Gone Girl
2014 Book challenge: 12
Insurgent, Allegiant, Eat Sleep Move, Unbroken, The Rosie Project,
kinntj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #216
vettechick99
Why do I open these threads?
Car Snob
Oh snap, I'm Bree!!
my mom used to call me "gagootz"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karibeth19 View Post

It's been so fascinating watching this show with the knowledge and insight that I have into her personality. Granted, people do grow and change with age, and let's face it, we all did stupid and sometimes horrible things in high school that we wouldn't want to be judged by as adults. However, in Taylor's case, I don't see that kind of growth, and I see her behaving in the same manner as when we were teens. Still fake, still manipulative, still willing to smile to someone's face and then stab them in the back. I wanted to give her a chance, I truly did. I always hoped that she had grown up and become a nicer person in adulthood, and when she popped up on this show, I was interested to see how she turned out. I started out feeling sorry for her, because it was obvious her status-seeking, social climbing ways had not changed, and unfortunately, it has led to a shallow relationship with her husband, and unhappiness with their marriage. She is still insecure, which I know now was the root of her behavior in school, and obviously continues to play a huge role in the way she acts and the decisions she makes. But, as the series went on, I realized that, other than being a seemingly good mother and philanthropist, she is still the same person she always was, and I came away from the finale feeling disgusted.
Interesting!!

Check out the Official Bonnet Creek Thread or You too can do Disney Pregnant! or Our Budget In-Ground Pool
vettechick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #217
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Everyone else's analysis of the show have pretty much been the same as mine, so I won't repeat. But whoa, what a show that was!!!

I actually felt sorry for Camille. When she was talking about going to their NYC apartment & the doorman not believing she was Mrs. Grammar - that was hard to watch.
I have a HARD time feeling sorry for her, she's a subtly nasty person and I'm surprised Kelsey was able to deal with her so long.

Robinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:48 PM   #218
moon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharliNye View Post
Here's what I know:

Kim supported the family as a child. The mother who they called "Big Kathy" was a piece of work. She had several husbands and was heavily involved with a mafioso at one point. I have read stories that she was emotionally and physically abusive with the kids. Kyle is the youngest, Kathy is the oldest having a different father then the other two. Apparently the mother kind of "pimped" out Kathy when she was very young, I'm talking 13. She thought she was going to be her cash cow and she more or less set up all these marriages of the girls with wealthy men. Kathy was an aspiring actress who met Rick Hilton while fairly young, and the two were in their fair share of trouble(meaning Paris's apple doesn't fall far from the tree).
Great post! Some comments I want to make here

Quote:

If you look at who did what, Kim was in EVERYTHING the late 70's through the 80's and was well loved by many(including myself as a kid). Kyle was only in a handful of parts here and there and never reached the notoriety her sister did.
Kim had star quality. She was just luminous. Kyle? I remember her from "Halloween" and some LHOTP episodes. She always seemed kind of somber, in the background, just there. Frankly, I only noticed her due to her resemblance to Kim. Did she ever get a starring role on anything?

Some say Kim can't get over her childhood stardom. Maybe it is a bigger problem for Kyle. She could never reach Kim's level. she was always "Kim Richards sister" and the resentment still there to this day

Quote:

Yes they all married well. I don't know much about Kim's first husband but the second husband is heir to some Texas oil dynasty. And Kim was heavily controlled by them. There are stories circulating that she didn't quite follow their directions and tried forcing their son to divorce her. It didn't happen right away, but eventually did.
I read somewhere that she got a lifetime alimony settlement from him.

Quote:
I also read that the mother left the house to Kim. She signed management papers into Mauricio's hands. During the real estate crash a few yrs ago, Mauricio and Kyle lost the house. Meaning they have OWED Kim. That is why they help her out financially. They lost a hell of a lot of her money.
That would explain a lot. Kyle was ready to hit Kim to shut her up. She kept yelling "QUIET! QIUET! QUIET" and was determined to keep Kim to spill the beans on something about her. Because of course, Kyle feels her
secrets should be kept private.

Quote:
Kyle comes off extremely controlling and manipulative. I've seen this, I have a sister very much like her. Appearances are everything and she will twist everything everyone does and says to make her look better, even if that means tearing family apart.
Funny how he mask kept coming off little by little, until her real self was revealed

Quote:
I don't see Kim has having mental issues at all. I see a woman who is no longer in her prime, who spent pretty much her WHOLE life in the spotlight in Hollywood. And let me tell you, that cannot be easy. It's like living in a giant fishbowl. Kim has four kids that from what I understand she takes care of the most. She loves her kids. Nothing wrong with that. As for her liking to be alone etc. Who doesn't? Believe it or not there are people out there who do not like being with larger then life personalities-Taylor, Lisa etc they'd make me feel uncomfortable too. They have all this money and privilege and Kim no longer has that. She's trying to live a bit more simple and here she's supposed to amount to what they do. I'd be a little off too if I was around those women all the time. I don't think she has emotional problems if anything she may just be oversensitive and not care to be around all the bs.
ITA, I see Kim as the most "regular person" of that bunch. I don't know how I'd act if I was surrounded by those women. I find their behavior quite bizzare and they seem to not understnad the concept of boudaries or even how to act in public (exept for Adrianne). Also I do like to be by myself. And I'm not an alcoholic

Quote:
As for the drinking issue? She was definitely a bit tipsy at the beginning, but not enough to be a crazy drunk. Kyle egged that on. Taylor came at her and Kyle defended Taylor without hearing the conversation. Kim got emotional and wanted to leave and Kyle manipulated the behind the scenes to stop her so it would make KYLE look good. Awful, cruel thing to do.

Kim seemed pretty together towards the end, and if anything frightened. I would be too if I had someone like Kyle in my face.
Kim wasn't doing anything wrong, or bothering anyone. She was attacked. Was she supposed to just take it and not defend herself? Then she acted the most rationally, and did the most mature thing to do, which was to remove herself from the situation. Then what does Kyle do? She calls to stop Kim from leaving and then hunts her down? And this is the rationsl, sober sister?

Let's see. Kyle shows up at the party dressed like a woman half her age going to a club. She jumps into an argument without knowing what is happening and starts attacking. She then stops her sister from leaving, goes after her, says horrible things about her and even jumps at her completelly out of control. I'm sorry, but if Kim was drunk and Kyle was sober (a big if) this shows that even a drunk Kim acts more rationally than a sober Kyle.

Quote:
I loved Kyle the first several episodes and thought Camille was nuts. I have actually changed my mind to the point where I now doubt Kyle's denial of saying anything to Camille in Vegas. I've now seen her make too many nasty little comments about her own sister behind her back. She's treated Lisa rather nasty lately too taking up her new(creepy) friendship with Taylor(who I think is the REAL nasty one on the show). Kyle needs to consult a shrink, not a medium. She has serious anger issues.
Yes, she does. She loses it at the drop of a hat. Regarding the Camille issue, it would also explain Mauricio's strange reaction to the feud. Perhaps he thinks Camille may be telling the truth.
moon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #219
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

So, from what I can tell from the recent posts, most of you now hate Kyle and Taylor and feel sorry for Kim?

I'm at the point that I don't really hate any of them. Camille, I hated with a passion until the last couple of episodes. I still don't care for her, but I do feel kind of sorry for her.

Taylor -- I think it was in bad taste for her to confront Kim at the party, but if memory serves me correctly, Lisa pressured her to do so. Don't get me wrong, not a fan of Taylor, and I can't stand looking at her face, but I don't despise her. Lisa is a little bit of a pot stirrer, if you ask me (but I still generally like her).

I don't know what to make of the whole Kyle/Kim thing. I don't have sisters so I just don't understand that kind of relationship. I will say of all of the housewives, I relate to Kim the least. I think Kyle can be a bully, but there is something about Kim's personality that makes me not feel sorry for her. I guess I'm heartless, LOL.

Adrienne -- I like her. She does pick on her DH quite a bit, but from what I can tell, he takes in stride.

Can't wait for the reunion show!
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #220
Kycha
I'm a grouch with a heart
The raccoon wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
Taylor -- I think it was in bad taste for her to confront Kim at the party, but if memory serves me correctly, Lisa pressured her to do so. Don't get me wrong, not a fan of Taylor, and I can't stand looking at her face, but I don't despise her. Lisa is a little bit of a pot stirrer, if you ask me (but I still generally like her).
I disagree with the bolded part. Lisa asked her to work things out with Kim. Not to confront her in an accusatory manner. I think Lisa was hoping Taylor would do it in private, just one on one, between her and Kim. Not in the middle of her own birthday party. With all the other housewives there.
Kycha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:34 PM   #221
Karibeth19
My favorite things:
Walt Disney World and Oklahoma Sooner Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinntj View Post
Karibeth-You knew her in highschool? She must have been a real piece of work back then.
I did, and she was. We were on the same cheer squad, and ran in the same circle of friends, so I knew her really well. Mainly she was just snarky to me; I think, for whatever reason, it irked her that I was part of "her" group, and loved to say things that would "put me in my place" (Upon hearing a rumor that a very popular and good looking Senior guy liked me, she said, "Don't get your hopes up. I HIGHLY doubt he likes you." He asked me out two weeks later...). But, she did some things that were really cruel and hurtful to some of my friends. End of our Senior year, she received her comeuppance (which I won't go into), but it obviously didn't teach her any lessons.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:48 PM   #222
of the seas
Of the ccccccccc
They have the best brownies
I'm trying to get people's opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karibeth19 View Post

in Taylor's case, I don't see that kind of growth, and I see her behaving in the same manner as when we were teens. Still fake, still manipulative, still willing to smile to someone's face and then stab them in the back.
What did her lips look like in high school?

Contemporary CL and Boardwalk 2009

Wilderness Lodge 2008
of the seas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #223
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by of the seas View Post
Old 01-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #224
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #225
Karibeth19
My favorite things:
Walt Disney World and Oklahoma Sooner Football!

Quote:

Normal!! She was a very pretty girl.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: