Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #166
TangaroaTiki
I wanna live at the Polynesian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy two View Post
One question I have about last night's episode is why was that guy Kim had a date with in the limo when they were all arguing?
That was Martin. I think it was something like, he saw how distraught she was and didn't want her to be alone.

TangaroaTiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #167
of the seas
Of the ccccccccc
They have the best brownies
I'm trying to get people's opinion

I kept looking for Camille's tears too, and didn't see any. I don't know what she was wiping off? Maybe she was all cried out.

I still like them all, with Camille being my least favorite.

Contemporary CL and Boardwalk 2009

Wilderness Lodge 2008
of the seas is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #168
TheIncredibles!
Winner (?) of the Crazy MIL Award!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangaroaTiki View Post
That was Martin. I think it was something like, he saw how distraught she was and didn't want her to be alone.
I think Martin is a sucker for punishment. Why on earth is that man still trying?
TheIncredibles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #169
brittsmum1998
just a shallow excuse to subscribe to this thread
"stay away from skunks....they stink"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIncredibles! View Post
I think Martin is a sucker for punishment. Why on earth is that man still trying?
To be on tv We never heard of him before now we all know who Martin is

brittsmum1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #170
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

I have to say it again, this is by far my favorite Housewives show thus far.

I then love NJ, NYC, OC (although the order of these 3 changes around) and Atlanta, then DC.

I'd love one in Boston.

I'm looking forward to the return of the OC; it's been SO long. NYC is coming too, yeah!

I LOVE Lisa the best, then Adrienne, then Kyle, then Kim and finally Camille.

Although I don't like Camille, I do feel badly for her though and what she's going through and really wish she wasn't leaving the show. She made it interesting.

I think Kyle has been pretty mean to Kim. But I'm sure there's more to the story.

I think Adrienne's marraige is an interesting dynamic...but they don't always seem very happy. I wouldn't be shocked if it were announced they were getting a divorce.

I love Lisa's dogs. They seem to be happy. I hope they are. She is so beautiful for her age.

I can take or leave Talyor and I can't stand her husband.

These ladies are what the show is about. Us being able to watch rich women live their lives and interact with each other. LOVE it.
beattyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:28 PM   #171
of the seas
Of the ccccccccc
They have the best brownies
I'm trying to get people's opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m's mom View Post
I am a late comer to this show and am confused about a few things.
Where the heck did these people get their money? I get Kim being "child star" and all but I think Lisa and her husband own a restaurant? Camille married it obviously. But what about the rest?

Lisa owns many restaurants, Adrienne Maloof's family owns the Palms in Las Vegas and the Kings-plus her husband is a plastic surgeon, Kyle's husband is a high end realtor.

Contemporary CL and Boardwalk 2009

Wilderness Lodge 2008
of the seas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #172
AmongMadPeople
We're all mad here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
Have you ever had one of those enough is enough moments? I know I have....thankfully when it's us they don't capture it on film and play it on TV.

I am certainly looking forward to the Reunion. I hope Kim/Kyle have made up, they need each other.
Of everyone who has posted, I agree most with your assessment of the cast (except for Camille, I think that was real and sad) in this last episode. Maybe you're just a shades of gray type of person like me, but I always keep an open mind about what the "real" story is, and not just what the cameras catch.

The producer of the show has a blog on the show's Bravo page. I look forward to reading it every week because it gives you a little behind the scenes glimpse at what goes into making the show, and why you see some things or don't see others.

Quote:
These housewives are my favorites!!

My thoughts:
Kyle - really like her, but she does seem to have an immature, selfish streak. For example - couldn't buy DD a grad gift without geting something for herself
I agree, this housewives show is so fresh and I'm loving it!

Taylor also bought herself a gift when buying Kennedy's birthday gift. I wouldn't call either of these instances of selfishness, I'd call it shopping
AmongMadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #173
GJM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm guessing maybe Kyle "stole Kim's house" means that she inherited it when their parents died? Kim kept saying that she bought it and everything else her family had when she was young.

That is what I was thinking - I was feeling bad for Kim when she was saying she worked and bought the houses and cars - didn't she even say she bought Kyle her lst. car.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #174
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

I started watching mid-season. From the beginning, there was something about Kyle. She came across as fake. I was annoyed at how everytime Kim was around she went out of her way to put her down. Last night when she arrived at Taylor's party, she was blowing air kisses to everyone telling the ladies how lovely they looked. But the moment Kim walked in (looking gorgeous) you saw the look on her face, she couldn't even say how nice she looked. That bothered me. But Kyle calling her an alcoholic in front of those cameras was a low blow. It was vindictive and dirty.

Lisa had the nerve to dish her 2 cents, but it was hard for me to take her seriously when she had a 37 year old house guest and her hubby was more romantic to the family dogs then her.

Taylor & Camille I can't say much about these two, what you see is what you get

Adrienne. MAD RESPECT for her. Out of all these ladies she seems to be the classiest. Even with her gold streaks in her hair.

Looking forward to the reunion!

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
HonnyDipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #175
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Quote:
'
Camille - Last night really changed my mind about her. In her heartbreak, she seems more real. She really lost herself in this relationship - it must have seemed worth it at the time to forego her own friendships and personal interests to be at his beck and call. I mean, what a lifestyle! He was her best friend and look what he did to her! She was living in a cushy cucoon of unimaginable luxury for years - yeah, out of touch with reality, but, how many people experience this kind of lifestyle and put on TV for judgement by us

Really looking forward to the reunion show & I hope there is a season 2!!!!!!
Isn't it funny how we can watch the same show and have two totally different reactions?? Maybe I just have a wall up when it comes to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmongMadPeople View Post
Of everyone who has posted, I agree most with your assessment of the cast (except for Camille, I think that was real and sad) in this last episode. Maybe you're just a shades of gray type of person like me, but I always keep an open mind about what the "real" story is, and not just what the cameras catch.
Good point, I'll have to keep an open mind in the future.

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
N&B'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #176
Swalphin
DIS Veteran

I feel really bad for Kim, I can't imagine saying what Kyle said in front of those cameras. That was not caring that did not come from the heart of one sister to another. Yes, it must be devastating to have a sister struggle with any kind of illness. That was just wrong and if anything was counter productive.

I wanted to add Kim has now been branded an alcoholic for future employers, future sons and daughters in law , friends, business associates and all of this by her sister.

Last edited by Swalphin; 01-21-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Swalphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #177
Luvmy4boys
DIS Veteran

According to the blog by Dave Rupel (one of the producers for RHoBH), Kyle steered them towards her sister as a possible castmate. If she knew her sister was an alcoholic, why would she want her put in the spotlight?
Luvmy4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #178
disneyelaine
Mouseketeer

Does anyone half think Camile may be kinda right about Kyle saying "who would care about you if Kelsey wasn't there?" Or whatever it was? Since all we can do is speculate and the conversation was something about going on Spring Break Vacation.....I was guessing maybe Camile was telling Kyle about her vacation and maybe she said she was taking "security" people or something and maybe Kyle saying who would care without Kelsy on the trip?
I don't know.....just guessing.

I just could so see the conversation going that way. And Kyle seems to talk mean without giving it a second thought to Kim. But then I never had a good feeling about Kyle from the start. I thought she always seemed too mean to Kim. Especially since it is so clear Kim is insecure. Kyle seems to enjoy pushing Kim and has done it many times this season.

On another note, I saw something about Taylor and her husband filed bankruptcy in 2005, a couple years after they married.

I found Kyle's house is for Sale currently. Pictures were online.

Also found an article about how Kim had a boyfriend at age 19 who was shot and killed.

Just google, lots of interesting articles on these housewives.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #179
moon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swalphin View Post
I feel really bad for Kim, I can't imagine saying what Kyle said in front of those cameras. That was not caring that did not come from the heart of one sister to another. Yes, it must be devastating to have a sister struggle with any kind of illness. That was just wrong and if anything was counter productive.

I wanted to add Kim has now been branded an alcoholic for future employers, future sons and daughters in law , friends, business associates and all of this by her sister.
WORD.

I can't get over how easy is to ruin someones reputation. I've been reading how Kim is an alcoholic, how poor Kyle has had to clean up her messes for years, how Kyle reached her breaking point, how difficult is to deal with a substance abuser like Kim.....all of these, without any evidence; all of this, just because Kyle said it. If Kim is in a bad place, Kyle is making sure she stays there. The one who has shown to be conflictive, vulgar, catty aggressive and even violent, is Kyle. Yet Kim gets judged on stuff that hasn't been seen, just alheged by Kyle.

Kyle has now thrown Kim under the bus. Now it's going to be more difficult for her than ever to get any kind of work or business going.

Funny how Kyle has no problem in jumping on vurtually every show about Paris, beaming with pride and gushing about how wonderful her drunk-driving, cokehead ****ty niece is.....oh, but she's a HILTON!
moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:56 PM   #180
moon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyelaine View Post
Does anyone half think Camile may be kinda right about Kyle saying "who would care about you if Kelsey wasn't there?" Or whatever it was? Since all we can do is speculate and the conversation was something about going on Spring Break Vacation.....I was guessing maybe Camile was telling Kyle about her vacation and maybe she said she was taking "security" people or something and maybe Kyle saying who would care without Kelsy on the trip?
I don't know.....just guessing.

I do. At first I totally believed Kyle, but now I'm not so sure. She seems to be in the middle of every fight, so ther must be something there
moon is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: