Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2014, 08:53 AM   #1
EMAW_KSU
DIS Veteran

HIMYM Final Tonight

Any other HIMYM fans hear? Looking forward to the last episode tonight.
EMAW_KSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:58 AM   #2
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation

Looking forward to it too. However, I do think it's time to put this show to rest. I think it's run it course. It was great for a while, then seemed to be the same old same old. I think shows just reach a peak and naturally decline. I think the writers have done all they could do and finally let us see the mother. I have to say it was a very clever show and I did enjoy it.
anniemae is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2014, 09:02 AM   #3
EMAW_KSU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemae View Post
Looking forward to it too. However, I do think it's time to put this show to rest. I think it's run it course. It was great for a while, then seemed to be the same old same old. I think shows just reach a peak and naturally decline. I think the writers have done all they could do and finally let us see the mother. I have to say it was a very clever show and I did enjoy it.
I agree. I think it should have ended two years ago.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:02 AM   #4
wvjules
DIS Veteran

I hated this season. Seriously, they drug out the wedding weekend over a whole season?

I think tonight's episode will be sad, for many reasons though.

I read 36 of 25 in the 2013 DIS Book Challenge
Killing Jesus * Things We Set on Fire * 12 Years a Slave * A Home for Christmas * Heart Shaped Box * Abducted * Beautiful Ruins * When I Found You * John * Entwined in You * Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children * Losing Hope * Zoo * A Moveable Feast * The Paris Wife * The Light Between Oceans * Inferno * We Need to Talk About Kevin * Under the Dome * Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) * Shopaholic Ties the Knot (Shopaholic, #3) * Shopaholic Takes Manhattan (Shopaholic, #2) * Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1) * Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) * One Second After * Into the Darkest Corner * Before I Go To Sleep * Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) * The Perks of Being a Wallflower * Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) * Defending Jacob * Hopeless (Hopeless, #1) * Rush Home Road * On the Island * The Fault in Our Stars * The Glass Castle

wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:03 AM   #5
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

I am looking forward to it, and will be sad when it is over NPH and Jason Segal are my 2 fave actors. My Mondays will be so boring without them...
Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:05 AM   #6
EMAW_KSU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
I hated this season. Seriously, they drug out the wedding weekend over a whole season?

I think tonight's episode will be sad, for many reasons though.
I don't mind the wedding weekend for the whole season but did get very tired of Marshall"s trip for half the season.

I think either the mom or Ted is dead.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:08 AM   #7
wvjules
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAW_KSU View Post
I don't mind the wedding weekend for the whole season but did get very tired of Marshall"s trip for half the season.

I think either the mom or Ted is dead.
Based on the episode a few weeks back when Ted and Mom were at the Inn, I think it is the mom. The comment about what kind of mother woudln't be there for their daughter's wedding cemented it for me, especially after the rest of the conversation they were having and the tone. That being said...the whole premise of the show falls into place. Ted telling the kids about their mother. I think tonight will be a tearjerker for sure.

I read 36 of 25 in the 2013 DIS Book Challenge
Killing Jesus * Things We Set on Fire * 12 Years a Slave * A Home for Christmas * Heart Shaped Box * Abducted * Beautiful Ruins * When I Found You * John * Entwined in You * Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children * Losing Hope * Zoo * A Moveable Feast * The Paris Wife * The Light Between Oceans * Inferno * We Need to Talk About Kevin * Under the Dome * Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) * Shopaholic Ties the Knot (Shopaholic, #3) * Shopaholic Takes Manhattan (Shopaholic, #2) * Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1) * Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) * One Second After * Into the Darkest Corner * Before I Go To Sleep * Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) * The Perks of Being a Wallflower * Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) * Defending Jacob * Hopeless (Hopeless, #1) * Rush Home Road * On the Island * The Fault in Our Stars * The Glass Castle

wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:25 AM   #8
anniemae

I think I missed that part. I remember someone saying "what kind of mother would not be there for her daughters wedding." But what was the rest of the conversation?

Oh man, I never thought of her being dead, but it does make sense with Ted telling them about her.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:32 AM   #9
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

Based on the past emotional gut punches they've delivered on this show, I'm fully prepared for the mother to have died. I don't like it, but I think that's where things are headed.

I've pretty much loved this season of the show. A couple seasons back I was drifting in and out because I didn't like it, but this season has been pretty sharply focused with lots of details I'm sure I've missed. It also contains one of my favorite moments of the series -- La Vie En Rose. Gorgeous moment.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:33 AM   #10
ICF
DIS Veteran

Have watched the show from the start, but this season has been way too drawn out.

I've mostly enjoyed it the last 9 years, but it's time for it to end.
ICF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:57 AM   #11
Flamingeaux
If I am posting I am at work dreaming about Disney.

Must be a generational thing but I never could get into shows like HIMYM or Friends.
Flamingeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:06 AM   #12
Sgt Mickey
I will always remember where I was that day
I am defiantly going to attempt as many as I can
I thought I had never up there but I think I erased it and my brain went somewhere else

I am going to miss it. (the show not tonights epidose I will be watching for sure)!!! I did love it but your right the wedding being dragged out wasn't what I hoped for the last season. BUT some things I am glad they showed us.
Sgt Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:10 AM   #13
zoemurr
DIS Veteran

I love the show, and didn't really mind the "year of the wedding" but I wish there had been some amazing moment when we saw Ted meet her. No matter what they do tonight I think they ruined it with all of the flash forwards.
zoemurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:52 AM   #14
anniemae

What did we think? At first, I didn't like how they split up Robin and Barney. I kind of liked them together but I guess they couldn't put her with Ted if she was happily married to Barney. I didn't like how Barney went back to his philandering ways then became a dad with some random woman. I liked the woman Ted married, their love story was very sweet, but sad.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:36 AM   #15
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

Color me as disappointed. Don't love that it was about putting Ted & Robin together afterall and I was sad to lose the mother after they made her very likeable (except for where they made her a Ted clone.) The one thing they did manage to achieve was make the point of Ted's stories crystal clear -- he had the hots for Robin all along.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: