Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #91
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Rachael,

I'll keep your grandfather in my prayers. I can empathize with what you say about thinking about them being invincible. I feel the same way about my grandmother.

Congratulations on your new job too.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:56 AM   #92
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Hey Rachael! Sorry it has taken me so long to get here! I think you started your TR while we were in WDW and since your PTR wasn't getting updates by the time we got back, I completely missed out on all your updates!

I'm all caught up now and all I have to say is WOW!!! I can't believe all of the great experiences! How cool that you were able to do the Wishes cruise!! And it was so nice of your mousekeeper to leave you roses! They were beautiful!

I know there is a ton of other stuff I'm forgetting to comment on, but I'm so glad you liked your food at San Angel! The first time we ate there was in 2007 and it was everyone's favorite meal of the trip (there were 4 of us) and we have gone back every year since then and have not been disappointed. The food is always fresh, cooked to perfection, and full of flavor. So glad you had a good time there!

And I totally understand about your crankiness! I had meltdowns (more like temper tantrums - crying included) the first two days of our trip!

ETA:Hope your grandfather feels better soon!
Congrats on your job! Working at the library sounds like so much fun! I would love that job!

Last edited by Simba22; 11-18-2010 at 11:05 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2010, 06:46 PM   #93
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
First - and for your grandfather!!!

And CONGRATULATIONS about the job!!!
Thanks! My grandpa is doing so much better after such a rough week. When I was visiting with him today the cardiologist came in and said he'll be going home sometime early this week!

Thanks also about the congratulations for my job! I don't have a start date yet but I did fill out the initial paperwork. I am very excited to actually begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Rachael,

I'll keep your grandfather in my prayers. I can empathize with what you say about thinking about them being invincible. I feel the same way about my grandmother.

Congratulations on your new job too.
Thankfully, he's on the mend!

I am looking forward to having more $$ around here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Hey Rachael! Sorry it has taken me so long to get here! I think you started your TR while we were in WDW and since your PTR wasn't getting updates by the time we got back, I completely missed out on all your updates!

I'm all caught up now and all I have to say is WOW!!! I can't believe all of the great experiences! How cool that you were able to do the Wishes cruise!! And it was so nice of your mousekeeper to leave you roses! They were beautiful!

I know there is a ton of other stuff I'm forgetting to comment on, but I'm so glad you liked your food at San Angel! The first time we ate there was in 2007 and it was everyone's favorite meal of the trip (there were 4 of us) and we have gone back every year since then and have not been disappointed. The food is always fresh, cooked to perfection, and full of flavor. So glad you had a good time there!

And I totally understand about your crankiness! I had meltdowns (more like temper tantrums - crying included) the first two days of our trip!

ETA:Hope your grandfather feels better soon!
Congrats on your job! Working at the library sounds like so much fun! I would love that job!
I did read your TR a few days ago I promise! I've just been busy and in a "no vacation to look forward to" funk. Thanks for your get well wishes for my Gpa. He was joking with me today and I am so happy to not be fearful I'm going to lose him anymore.

I always said that if I could find the perfect 2nd job it would be working at a library and what do you know? I'll be working at a library! I'm so excited to be bringing in more money.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #94
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Our last day in WDW.

Well, this is it, the last day we spent in WDW this trip. I didn’t have the blues because we had a fun-filled day at MK ahead of us-and my cousin would be joining us! We started this day off by eating at Crystal Palace. We had an ADR for 905 if I remember correctly but we entered around 835 or so-once we found where to enter prior to park opening for ADRs, I simply told the CM what time our ADR was for (I may have “accidentally” said 845) and we were on our way down Main Street USA.

Of course we stopped to take a few photos!

Eventually we checked in at CP and were seated quite quickly. I was especially thirsty this morning and our server probably filled my juice glass 5 times! I very much enjoyed the puffed french toast. I didn’t take pictures of our food and I don’t remember anything else standing out as “amazing”. As usual, our bill took forever to be settled. You would think that in all the time we spent sitting there we would have been able to meet all of the characters. Of course you know that I am going to say no, we didn’t. We met:

That’s it! When we arrived they were just beginning their dance and right after, they all took a break. I don’t know exactly how long the break was but it was just long enough for those two characters to come to our table before doing their dance again and taking another break. Thus, we were out of CP and on our way to Tomorrowland before Pooh & his friends returned from backstage. I have a feeling there were many unhappy families that morning!

Shortly after we left CP we found that my cousin was running late so we headed over to Stitch’s Great Escape to scratch off another first for me! I was underwhelmed by the entire thing. That being said, I’m not saying I wasn’t scared half to death when “Stitch” played with my ponytail in the black abyss. If I was a child, I would have been traumatized. EEP! When we were finished we met up with my cousin and grabbed some FP for Space Mountain. We headed over to the Liberty Square Riverboat only to find that we just missed the boat so we went and road HM and then headed back to ride the boat.

I wanted to get some good pictures so we sat in the sun. Poor DCousin and DH! Unfortunately, I didn’t get great pictures of HM because of the construction they are doing to the cemetery portion of the queue. Oh well, next time! When we disembarked we headed over to Splash and then rode Pirates. After we stopped at Aloha Isle and each got a Pineapple Dole Whip. Yum! It hit the spot with that hot sun beating down on us! We traveled through the hub (and the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Parade) and over to Tomorrowland again to use our FPs. We were all pretty tuckered out at this point and had it not been for my cousin I probably would have wanted to leave and go take a nap. However, I voiced my tiredness and both of them agreed that we needed a break from MK. B/C we quickly became obsessed with Contempo Café this trip we headed over there for some lunch and then went back to the GF to swim. We had a lot of fun this afternoon! We even participated in a music trivia game by the main pool. We won! We got 27/30 songs right. They played 30 second clips and then your team had to guess the artist singing the song. My cousin carried the weight for us due to her obsession with Disney music (High School Musical, etc.). We picked a Wall-E game for PS2 as our prize even though none of us had a PS2 (it was the best prize available). However, on the trip home something in my suitcase spilled and immersed the game case so we just ended up tossing it because I’m pretty sure the disc was ruined. Oh well! Anyway…

After spending a few hours by the pool we showered and got ready to head to Ohana! We were going to try to get in early (and by early I mean 3 hours early!). Unfortunately, it was too early to find our reservation the system to check us in that way but we could wait the 1.5 hour wait time if we wanted. We decided to b/c then we would have more time at MK that evening. We passed the time by browsing the gift shops. OH MY GOODNESS! On the way over on the monorail we had Dolly Parton and Elvis Presley sitting with us. Of course it wasn’t really them but they were dressed EXACTLY like them. It wasn’t for the MNSSHP either! They were apparently lost as they were on already when we got on at the GF and rode all the way around to the Poly with us. They then got off there and called to find out how to get where they were going. I really wanted to go over there and help them but I didn’t want it to seem like I was watching them. Luckily, they left quickly. I hope they got to where they were going! Anyway…

Greg went and got us each a drink and we found seats and waited until our pager buzzed. We only waited 45 minutes! We had a spectacular view of the castle! Obviously it was too early for Wishes but it was still awesome nonetheless! We were famished by this point and couldn’t eat the food fast enough. OMG! The salad was delicious and I loved the wings. The potstickers were good, too (my cousin LOVED those). The veggies were decent. Our favorite meat was the chicken, we didn’t care for the pork and the first round of steak we got was overcooked. By the time they came around and gave us more steak (which was WAY better) we were stuffed. My cousin even said she was too full for dessert but as soon as it came she had to have some. OMG! I LOVED THE DESSERT! I want more now!! We left so full and so happy.

We headed back to the GF so my cousin could change and we could drop off a shirt that we got for Greg. (He finally found a shirt he liked in his size!)

We went over to MK after and rode Jungle Cruise at night, Splash Mountain (I think) and saw Philhar Magic (I can’t believe we almost didn’t see it!) before we admitted defeat and went back to the room to crash around midnight or so.

The next day we woke up around 9 and got ready and packed up the last of our things we needed to. We walked to the main building with my cousin and gave her a great big hug (she’s not coming home until the beginning of January) and headed to the airport check in where we checked our bags and then had bell services hold our carry-ons. I was exhausted so I didn’t feel much like fighting the crowds at MK and we didn’t have enough time to go to DTD so we decided to eat at the GF Café. It was surprisingly delicious yet simple. Granted something that costs us 20 here at home cost us 40 in WDW but still. After a great breakfast, we decided to just camp out in the lobby for the next two hours. I went through receipts and Greg watched a movie on his iPod. Before we knew it, it was time for our ME bus and we were on our way back home! I was sad but at the same time, we had such a long and great vacation and I know that this is not goodbye but “See Ya Real Soon!”

I still have Photopass pictures to post and F&WF pictures as well so don’t leave me yet!!!

Old 11-21-2010, 07:12 PM   #95
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Even though it was the last day, it sounds like you guys had a good time. Can't wait to see more pictures when you upload them.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:11 PM   #96
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I don't know how I completely missed you life update - sorry! Congratulations on the new job - that is wonderful news! And I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather's health troubles. I hope he is better now! He sounds just like my grandfather. I got that same call a couple years ago (he had a heart attack) and it was so gut-wrenching. My grandfather has more energy than an 18 year old so it was shocking.

Great last day update! It sounds like a fun day! Isn't Stitch a terrible attraction?! I've done it once and I hated it! Something about the restraint makes me really claustrophobic, and then they turn the lights out...
Old 11-22-2010, 06:52 AM   #97
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Last day already?! Great early morning pictures of the Magic Kingdom. We almost kept our CP ADR but decided to go for Chef Mickey's instead. But it sure does look neat seeing the MK so empty.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 11-22-2010, 08:59 AM   #98
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Even though it was the last day, it sounds like you guys had a good time. Can't wait to see more pictures when you upload them.
I will have them uploaded some time this week! I really want to finish this TR before Turkey Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I don't know how I completely missed you life update - sorry! Congratulations on the new job - that is wonderful news! And I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather's health troubles. I hope he is better now! He sounds just like my grandfather. I got that same call a couple years ago (he had a heart attack) and it was so gut-wrenching. My grandfather has more energy than an 18 year old so it was shocking.

Great last day update! It sounds like a fun day! Isn't Stitch a terrible attraction?! I've done it once and I hated it! Something about the restraint makes me really claustrophobic, and then they turn the lights out...
My Grandpa will be going home soon. He eventually has to go back for another procedure but the important part is that he is on the road to recovery. I was there yesterday visiting and his cardiologist said to walk around a bit and when my Grandpa did-he pretended he was falling! He never lost his sense of humor!

Stitch=NEVER again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Last day already?! Great early morning pictures of the Magic Kingdom. We almost kept our CP ADR but decided to go for Chef Mickey's instead. But it sure does look neat seeing the MK so empty.
Yup, I got through my TR fairly quickly! I know myself and the holidays coming up. I won't be on the DIS too much (or won't be posting too much-that is). We are throwing a party for my DH in a few weeks, too. So it's about to get CRAZY around here!

Old 11-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #99
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

& now may I proudly present Items from the 2010 Epcot Food & Wine Festival!

Roasted Corn and Cheese Empanada-->wish I had a picture of the inside as this was AMAZING!

Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Purée-->Eh...could take it or leave it.

Grilled Lamb Chop with Roasted Potato Salad and Red Wine Reduction-->I didn't care for the taste of the lamb and the potato salad wasn't to my liking. DH didn't mind the lamb, however.

Freshly Baked Waffles with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream-->Wow! For being just a waffle-it was anything BUT just! YUM!!!

Godiva Chocolate Iced Coffee-->This little baby was PRETTY pricey for maybe 6 oz. of liquid but worth every penny. I would take a bath in it if I could. *Drool*

Cheese Fondue with Croutons and Roasted Potatoes-->Took one bite=hated it. Tried it again just to be sure=still hated it. Too "stinky" for me, if that makes sense.

Braised Short Ribs in Cabernet with Mashed Potatoes-->When they handed it to me at first I almost said "where's the ribs?" but then I realized they were INSIDE of it. Oops. This was delish probably because I am a sucker for comfort food.

Crème Brulée au Chocolate au Lait-->Want more like yesterday!!! I had two and I didn't have to share with DH b/c he doesn't like creme brulee. (Shh...I probably wouldn't have shared with him anyway!)

Parisien Cosmo Slush-->Good but not as good as the lemonade slush from the year-round kiosk.

Spätzle Gratin with Ham and Cheese-->Apparently the outer pieces are the "good stuff" according to the CM's working the booth. Either way it was delicious! Where can I buy spatzle b/c I have this recipe in the cook book I bought.

Apfel Strudel featuring Werther’s Original Karamell Sauce-->Looks better than it tastes. Not bad but just not delicious either.

Radeberger Pilsner-->Beer is not my thing but DH enjoyed it.

Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki-->Delicious but I like a softer pita.

Polpettine Toscane with a Rosemary Breadstick-->Meatballs. Pretty standard.

Primavera Fruit Smoothie-->Definitely got me cool in the hot sun. But HOLY BRAIN FREEZE. I had the WORST brain freeze of my life after a few sips of this. Not too sweet, though, it was good!

Tamal de Pollo--> Yum! DH and I LOVE mexican food and this was delicious and authentic in our book!

Taco de Chilorio--> Again, amazing.

Kefta in a Pita Pocket-->Surprisingly delicious!

Kielbasa and Potato Pierogies with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream-->I make better at home with frozen polish sausage and Mrs. T's potato & cheddar pierogis.

Flavors of Africa (Salad, Bread, and Spreads)-->Garbage item for us.

Lettuce Wraps with Roast Pork and Kimchi Slaw-->YUM! Yes it had a kick but it was so fresh tasting! I recreated this a very short time after we got home!

Serrano Ham, Chorizo, Manchego, Olives, and Tomato Bread-->The local ethnic deli here in town has better!

Old 11-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #100
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

My favorite photopass pictures!

Old 11-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #101
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

You guys are so cute

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
Old 11-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #102
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Well everybody, that's it! I know I FLEW through this TR but the boards are already slowing down (I'm sure due to the upcoming holidays) and I begin my second job next week on top of the holidays approaching quickly.

How was our trip? Great! We had so much time to spend exploring WDW and riding nearly everything we wanted. However, I still didn't get to relax as much as I wanted to. I just don't think relaxing and WDW go together. I think that may translate to shorter WDW vacations or WDW vacations with a trip to a FL beach for a few days after.

When will our next trip be? Probably not until 2013. I love WDW but there are 3 trips I know that I want to go on before we go back. 1.)A road trip to DC, NYC, & Niagara Falls, 2.)A Cruise, and 3.)A trip to California (Yes, including DLR!) Once we take those three trips there aren't very many other places on our travel bucket list (aside from Alaska, Europe, and a short trip to Quebec).

Old 11-25-2010, 09:31 AM   #103
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I'm sad the TR is over, but I so enjoyed getting to hear about your adventure! All of the F&W and PP pics are great!
Old 11-26-2010, 06:55 AM   #104
Lisa29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
I don't know if you have noticed but I have posted a link to my blog in my signature. I just posted tonight with pictures of things I cooked and baked last week! Read and please comment if you want! Thanks!

My Blog!
Just found your report and only on page 3 so just commenting on your blog. Your food looks delicious! I totally get what you are saying about your hobbies and not going to bars, etc. I have my daughter but besides the fun I have with her, I like TV (far too many programmes!), reading, shopping and just trying to wind down after work. I like cooking and baking too but do not make any time for it. I really should as I want my DD to eat better than I do. I also bought a scrapbook whilst on vacation so need to get going with this to relive the holiday memories.

Really enjoying your TR so far. The GF is lovely to look around so staying there, wow!

And the fireworks cruise, when you break down the costs per person it really is worth it.

Five Little Ones Take the Adults - My 15 night SSR stay with DDP trip report

My Grand Villa at Bay Lake Tower pictures are HERE and HERE

I have no ticker.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #105
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Simply love the F&W pics, some of the best I have seen

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: