Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #76
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Thanks for mentioning that banana bread at Boma. I'll be sure to try it! Sorry you had a breakdown at AK.

Cute pic of you in front of the B&B topiary! I can't wait for the F&W pictures!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:59 PM   #77
CW4DW
Waiting to return to the World

Great update - I'll have to add San Angel Inn to our list of places to eat at... We tend to always eat at the same places and not venture to new ones, but I'm making a list so I can just start making ressies and he can be along for the ride ~ I'm confident he will be a good sport (for most of them)!

Looking forward to the next installment!

1st trip ever ~ September 2006 (Pop Century) | Winter Trip ~ January 2007 (Pop Century) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2007 (Riverside) | Honeymoon ~ October 2008 (Riverside) | Spring Break at Disneyland ~ March 2009 | Free Dining ~ September 2009 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2009 (Riverside) | Springtime Trip ~ May 2010 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ November 2010 (Saratoga Springs) | Spring Trip ~ April 2011 (Riverside) | Fall Trip ~ September 2011 (Boardwalk Villas) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2011 (Riverside) | February/March 2012 (Riverside) | September 2012 (Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village) | December 2012 (Old Key West & Riverside)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #79
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Great update! Can't wait for the F&W festival pics. My favorite....
Old 11-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #80
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Another great update! I think you can visit Epcot A LOT during a trip. There is so much to do there - especially during F&W!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 11-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #81
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Thanks for mentioning that banana bread at Boma. I'll be sure to try it! Sorry you had a breakdown at AK.

Cute pic of you in front of the B&B topiary! I can't wait for the F&W pictures!
The banana bread really was outstanding! It is definitely something to keep me going back! I've been slacking on my TR lately. I think I just need to get it finished!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4DW View Post
Great update - I'll have to add San Angel Inn to our list of places to eat at... We tend to always eat at the same places and not venture to new ones, but I'm making a list so I can just start making ressies and he can be along for the ride ~ I'm confident he will be a good sport (for most of them)!

Looking forward to the next installment!
Our next trip it is going to be hard to fit in our favorites and new places too! My DH is always up for trying whatever I choose, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Two questions... do we get to see your amazing drawing of the green alien?

And who was that performing at Epcot? It was Taylor Dane when we were there... but I don't recall who was next...
That was actually the one I pitched when we were finished. Sorry!

It was Sugar Ray! My cousin got to see Hanson this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Great update! Can't wait for the F&W festival pics. My favorite....
I can't wait to post them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Another great update! I think you can visit Epcot A LOT during a trip. There is so much to do there - especially during F&W!
You are so right about visiting it a lot, I don't think my strategy of not planning out our park days was such a good idea, however.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #82
nessz79
DIS Veteran

I'm a bit late, but I'm here! Whew- I've never park hopped before so I'm not sure how exhausting it is...but it sure looks it!
Old 11-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #83
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

3D Dessert Party Day!

Today was another open day in our schedule and we (well, really I) decided that we would return to AK to see ITTBAB and Finding Nemo before heading over to Epcot for the evening, after all we had the 3D Dessert Discovery Party to attend this evening!

Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have from AK.

I remember the first thing we did when we got to AK was to eat lunch. It was VERY hot this day and of course the ONLY open table at Yak & Yeti CS was in the blazing sun. Needless to say, we ate quickly and were on our way over to Expedition Everest, we decided to ride this together because I rode this alone on Wednesday. Well, we technically didn’t ride together as we got into the single riders line so we wouldn’t have to wait 40 minutes (we waited around 20). We did get on the same train, however, so that was good! After that we headed over to Nemo and got in line for the next show. We waited around 20 minutes for the show to start and it went by soooooo slow! I thought the show was pretty good but not as good as FotLK, IMO. After moving with the masses out of Nemo we made it over to ITTBAB and made it just in time for the next one to start! I completely forgot about the stinging bees and Greg got a good laugh out of that one! I was ready for the ending with the bugs “crawling” underneath your bottom, though! After we left AK we headed right over to Epcot and I remember we didn’t wait very long for a bus.

We didn’t ride any attractions b/c the wait was just too long. (I’m so glad we got everything in at the beginning of the week.) We wandered around for a bit and then stopped at Sunshine Seasons for some dinner. The food was just okay, IMO. I had the Chicken Caesar Salad and it was nothing compared to the one we had at Contempo Café. The strawberry shortcake was pretty good, too! I enjoyed how it was very light tasting compared to all of the other desserts I’d been having that week. I seriously probably could have stayed sitting at Sunshine Seasons until the Dessert Party but I got myself up and we headed over to Innoventions. Oh! We spent about 2 minutes in line at Epcot’s Character Spot before I decided the long line just wasn’t worth it!

I really enjoyed innoventions! It was inside in the air conditioning so that was a plus! We put ourselves in a video game, went on a piggy bank adventure and answered some questions about the future!

After that, we decided to head over to the pavilion and wait. We actually were one of the first ones to check-in and then we waited around 15 minutes or so before they let us in the building where we waited another 15 minutes or so.

The anticipation to see what it looked like was almost unbearable. They had up long white curtains and they had a CM that was “babysitting” us to make sure no one peaked behind the curtain. I mean it, if you even brushed against it she would come and reprimand you! Finally it was time to head in! Wow!

Live music, beautiful décor and all the desserts and drinks you could eat in an hour and a half! I was in heaven!

We were so stuffed when we left and I was VERY tipsy! They had lots of bourbon and whiskey which I’m not a fan of so I skipped those. I had some creamed rum (Malibu) and it was soooo good! They poured about a half a shot at each place and they didn’t care how many times you went back up there. The rum station poured me a complete shot of something that was like 150 proof and I tried to water it down by pouring it into a glass of lemonade but I just couldn’t take it so I left it. The line for the wine and champagne was SO long (there was only 1 station) so everyone was filling like 4 glasses at once, including me. They were so nice at the end, too and gave us to go cups filled with champagne so we could take it with us to the fireworks! Needless to say, this experience was worth EVERY penny of the $45/person charge.

The private fireworks viewing was between the two gift shops at the entrance to WS. Greg and I actually sat here on our honeymoon to see Illuminations. Let me just say that the 3D glasses were amazing! They put Mickey heads on all of the lights! I will definitely be bringing this with us the next time we go to WDW! After the fireworks were over to made it back to the monorail and to our room quite quickly (within 30 minutes or so).

Old 11-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #84
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessz79 View Post
I'm a bit late, but I'm here! Whew- I've never park hopped before so I'm not sure how exhausting it is...but it sure looks it!
It was definitely exhausting but the end of the week was a little more laid back so it was nice! I definitely already have some touring ideas for next trip!

Old 11-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #85
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

The dessert party looks amazing! I'd agree that that is definitely worth $45!
Old 11-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #86
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

OMG, that dessert discovery looks amazing!

I seriously think it's something I may have to try out when we go to the F&W festival next year.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #88
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
The dessert party looks amazing! I'd agree that that is definitely worth $45!
It was amazing! It definitely exceeded any expectations I had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
OMG, that dessert discovery looks amazing!

I seriously think it's something I may have to try out when we go to the F&W festival next year.
You should really look into doing it. I couldn't believe how nice it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Wow - that dessert party looks amazing!! But can you explain the 3D piece a bit more... you mentioned 3D glasses, but I don't get it...
That's all it was. The 3D glasses were given out to watch the fireworks. Nothing about the dessert/drink part was 3D.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #89
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Life Update!

The holidays are quickly approaching and believe it or not I plan to have this TR done by Thanksgiving!

What's been going on in my life? Well, not much...until yesterday that is! Yesterday began as any Monday should: hard to get out of the nice, warm bed in the morning! I went about my morning as usual, dropped the girls off at school and headed home for a couple of hours to get some things done. Well, that's when I got a phone call from my step-mom telling me she had bad news. Now, we had just been talking about a bank account so I thought it was related to that so imagine my shock when she told me that my grandfather was in the hospital. I was very worried and so I quickly said goodbye to her and called my grandmother right away. She told me what happened; he had the shakes so bad (due to a high fever) that he was getting shortness of breath. He had been feeling bad the day before and she canceled a trip to northern WI because she just didn't think my grandpa was up for it. Anyway, after talking to her I felt a little better because I thought "Well, they'll load him up with antibiotics and fluid so he's not dehydrated anymore and send him on his way." I called my Dad (as he was on his way to the hospital) and asked for him to call me and let me know if my grandpa was up for visitors. He agreed. A few hours go by and I haven't heard anything but I decide that I'll wait until after work before calling my Dad. Well, imagine my surprise when my step-mom calls me up again and says, "Did you hear anything?" I say no and she goes "Well, Grandpa had a heart attack." At this point, adrenaline rushes through me and I begin to shake. She didn't know much more than that. So I call my Dad right away and he explains to me that while he was shaking he had a mild heart attack. So he goes in for an angiogram and it turns out that he has 4 blockages in the arteries outside of the heart-including the main one that is 95% blocked. They couldn't put the stint in yesterday because of the infection (which is the silver lining b/c without the infection he would have died of a massive heart attack at any moment) so he spent the evening in Cardiac ICU and will have the stint placed in this afternoon. I'm obviously still worried but I feel better knowing that he was in good spirits when I went to see him yesterday. My grandparents mean the world to me. I lived with them for most of my childhood and they are the type of grandparents that you think may just outlive you because of their energy and "invincibility". Now, I wait until I hear that the stint was put in and I can breathe a sigh of relief.

On a much better note, I was offered a part-time job at a public library in the town over from mine. I interviewed for it last week and I was very excited about it but I didn't want to jinx it and talk about it to everybody but yesterday afternoon I received the phone call telling me they were interested in hiring me! It is in the youth services department. I'll be working anywhere between 12-19 hours per week and I'll only have to work 2 Saturdays and 1 Sunday a month. I'm very excited because I always said that if I could find the ideal part-time job it would be at a library. Now, I will be adding several hundred more dollars a month to our income. Which translates to possibly not having to wait two years before we go on another trip! (BUT-we want to have more money in an emergency fund before we go anywhere.)

I plan on having another update up sometime this week and then I'll be posting the F&W pics and the PhotoPass pictures!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: