Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2010, 04:33 PM   #46
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Wow - what a packed day!!! I can't believe how much you got done! I hope you slept in the next morning.

It's too bad CMs can't take advantage of EMHs...

Also - sorry to hear about your post Disney blues... it's very common. I hope the car problems work out and you can get back on track saving money for your next vacation.
We definitely did sleep in the next morning but that's coming up!

It is too bad but it's definitely understandable.

Yeah, I know it's common but I at least thought we'd be able to book another trip (not necessarily to WDW) in early January but that's not going to happen now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Yay for making it in time to the MK opening show! I love it so much.

The pizza looks so good at Via Napoli. I can't wait to eat there in March!
It was quite delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiqChic99 View Post
Are you the luckiest couple around or what????

Sounds like a very special trip so far and you only got started!!!!
Although we were lucky on our trip we're not very lucky here at home. Thanks for reading!!

Old 10-28-2010, 05:43 PM   #47
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

3 parks in one day?! That made me tired just reading about it!

It looks like you had some yummy food! SR will definitely be the CS place we try out at DHS. It seems to be the only one there that gets good reviews. And your Via Nappoli pizzas look good too!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #48
CW4DW
Waiting to return to the World

Love the update ~ but that was a busy day, looking forward to more!

1st trip ever ~ September 2006 (Pop Century) | Winter Trip ~ January 2007 (Pop Century) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2007 (Riverside) | Honeymoon ~ October 2008 (Riverside) | Spring Break at Disneyland ~ March 2009 | Free Dining ~ September 2009 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2009 (Riverside) | Springtime Trip ~ May 2010 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ November 2010 (Saratoga Springs) | Spring Trip ~ April 2011 (Riverside) | Fall Trip ~ September 2011 (Boardwalk Villas) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2011 (Riverside) | February/March 2012 (Riverside) | September 2012 (Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village) | December 2012 (Old Key West & Riverside)
Old 10-28-2010, 10:14 PM   #49
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
[B][CENTER]
What we DON’T WANT to do again: Visit 3 parks in one day!
Joining! Wow, it really seems like you had a packed day. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun though. There was one time, many moons ago, that I actually went to all four parks in one day.

I don't remember too much about it......
Old 10-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #50
winnie 38
Earning My Ears

Awesome day.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:19 AM   #51
ChiCat
DIS Veteran

WOW! Fantastic resort upgrade, fireworks cruise, and complimentary roses?! Nice trip report.

CBR 9/2011
best trip so far 12/2013
Old 10-29-2010, 10:30 AM   #52
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
3 parks in one day?! That made me tired just reading about it!

It looks like you had some yummy food! SR will definitely be the CS place we try out at DHS. It seems to be the only one there that gets good reviews. And your Via Nappoli pizzas look good too!
Words cannot explain how exhausted I was. I'm glad Greg talked me out of an idea I had for the next day. But that'll come in the next update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4DW View Post
Love the update ~ but that was a busy day, looking forward to more!
It was a busy day but definitely worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Joining! Wow, it really seems like you had a packed day. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun though. There was one time, many moons ago, that I actually went to all four parks in one day.

I don't remember too much about it......
LOL for real on that one! Luckily I have plenty of pictures otherwise it would all be a blue.

We should have just gone to AK real quick to complete the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie 38 View Post
Awesome day.
Thanks, it was an awesome day. I can't wait until we get our PhotoPass CD because there's an awesome picture from this day on there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCat View Post
WOW! Fantastic resort upgrade, fireworks cruise, and complimentary roses?! Nice trip report.
I know! I only wish that luck would rub off at home and you know we would magically be "upgraded" from our old, garbage cars to 2 brand new cars.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:51 AM   #53
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

My god that day was packed! I really hope you guys slept in the next day!

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 10-31-2010, 05:52 PM   #54
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
My god that day was packed! I really hope you guys slept in the next day!
Update coming right up! I'm heading over to your TR I see you posted after.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:04 PM   #55
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Life Update:

Well, they say when it rains, it pours and my goodness is it "pouring" over here! Greg's car has a lot of the repairs done; his car still needs a few more things done and those will cost another $625, not including the new tires the mechanic said he needed to fix a noise the mechanic said they are making (a noise that we don't really hear and he said the tread is fine so we are going to wait on that b/c that's another $600 or so). We've already paid $900 in repairs.

Well, we decided it would be a good idea to get my car looked at just in case. My brakes were making a slight squeaking sound whenever I would brake when I first turned the car on. At first the mechanic said that was normal but then when we came back to give us a list of things wrong, he said the noise was due to our rotors being rusted. Ugh! So now, $1500 later (that we didn't have and had to borrow from my DMIL and DFIL) my car will be fixed. There were about 6 things wrong with my car total.

It's just too much to even be depressed about anymore. The repairs needed to be done and that's that. All of our extra money will go towards the repairs for the rest of this year and into next. I'm still hopeful that we'll be able to put a little into savings next year but I'm not counting on it.

I just don't feel comfortable using our extra money to go on vacations. I'd rather have a substantial amount of money in the bank than walk on pins & needles. We're praying and we know that God will get us through this, we're just a little disheartened at the moment.

I still have plenty of trips to scrapbook, so I'll get to relive those memories and that will have to be enough for now.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:06 PM   #56
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Day Four: I need to rest!!!

Today was Tuesday. We had a 1030 am reservation for 1900 Park Fare. We didn’t set an alarm (or maybe we did just in case) and woke up a little after 9. We got ready and walked over to the main building to check in. I believe we waited around 20 minutes or so before we were seated. As the hostess seated us, I couldn’t help but smile when I realized she was bringing us to the same table that we sat in just the December before. The breakfast was just as delicious as I remembered it to be. I probably ate 4 Pecan Rolls by the time we were finished with breakfast. I will say that the characters were slow to come around. We saw Alice, The Mad Hatter (I was up getting my plate then), and Tigger. Mary Poppins never made it to our table. That’s saying something because the server took FOREVER to bring us the check. (What is with the service???) Oh and just another observation I made-I think it quite possibly could have been every single person’s birthday in that room as I was made aware by the constant announcement of somebody else’s birthday as soon as singing to one table was finished. & People (including myself) wonder why the “What will you celebrate?” theme isn’t as celebratory as it was last year. IMO.

After breakfast we decided to go to the pool. I got the “awesome” idea to do laundry. I put the laundry in and headed out to meet Greg at the main pool. Greg was then the one that switched the laundry from the washer to the dryer. I was the one that decided, at first, that the clothes were dry enough after 1 time but after getting back to the room and attempting to lay everything out to dry more (underwear included) I went and put them in again. It actually made for not the most relaxing of afternoons. Ugh! Oh, and my feet were unbelievably sore so that made it even worse. Let me just say that for being a deluxe resort, the laundry facilities were pathetic. One set of a 20 year old wasther and dryer. The dryer took 2 times to dry. It cost $6.00 to do one load of laundry. Needless to say that was all the laundry that was done for that day.

For lunch, Greg and I shared a gigantic sandwich from Gasparillas and hung out by the quiet pool. Around 3 or so we headed up to the room to get ready for an evening of miniature golf and Downtown Disney!

We took a $20 cab ride over to Fantasia Gardens. We were 1 of maybe 4 families there at the time. We had a lot of fun! I even got 2 holes in one!! Shh…everyone gets a hole in one on the 18th hole. It was probably the most challenging course Greg and I ever played together. However, we still like our favorite place back home better. After finishing up and after I claimed victory, (How did that happen?! Greg was NOT happy. Especially since he was talking his skills up before we began and made a comment to the effect of “We both know you aren’t the best at mini-golf” to me. EAT THAT GREG! Ha! Ha! It’s all in good fun.)

We walked from Fantasia Gardens over to the Boardwalk where we hopped on a bus to DTD. The first thing on our agenda in DTD? Dinner! We went to WGPE. I enjoyed my pasta very much and Greg loved his pizza, of course! We just beat the dinner rush as well. We had 2 people in front of us when we were ordering and when we left the line was out the door.

Next, it was time to get our, well my, shop on! We went to the Christmas place first and we each picked out an ornament. Greg got a little Mickey Fantasia hat and I got a Mickey head with rhinestones on it. We stopped in TrenD and I browsed for a while. I wishe their prices weren’t so high! However, I did pick up a bottle of OPI nail polish for $2.99. It was on clearance. We then went over to the World of Disney and spent around an hour in there. Greg was having a hard time finding a shirt. Both shirts he liked were out of his size and we didn’t ask (which we later learned that we should have). After picking up a few things (suckers for the kids I babysit for, a Value Tee for me, a keychain, magnet, and two coffee mugs) we decided to head over to the Mickey sports store to see if they had the classic Mickey baseball tee that Greg wanted. They did, but not in his size. Grr! Oh well. Greg said he looked for it online but hasn’t come across it yet. After that we decided to call it a night and headed back to the GF. The bus ride back took almost an hour if not a little more. We only stopped at one other resort (The Wilderness Lodge). I was not happy! We finally got back to our room and we settled in for the night.

Up Next: Animal Kingdom by day, MK by night…

Old 10-31-2010, 06:39 PM   #57
JMat
Mouseketeer

Sweet trip report, LOVING the GF upgrade - never heard THAT kind of magic before

Keep it comin' - cant wait to hear more!
Old 10-31-2010, 06:59 PM   #58
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMat View Post
Sweet trip report, LOVING the GF upgrade - never heard THAT kind of magic before

Keep it comin' - cant wait to hear more!
Thanks! We definitely had LOTS of pixie dust! Glad to have you reading along.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:47 PM   #59
hill6
DIS Veteran

Loving your report. Great way to see the fireworks. We stayed at Sago Cay last year when we were at GF. We had MK view.

Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: