Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #31
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Joining in better late than never Great TR so far!! I cannot believe that you had the opportunity to experience the fireworks like that, what a wonderful suprise!!
Old 10-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #32
tyandskyesmom
DIS Veteran

WOW!!! You have had an awesome trip so far...cannot wait to read the rest!

We're from the suburbs of Chicago too!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #34
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

The GF looks so beautiful. And what amazing pixie dust getting to do the fireworks cruise!
Old 10-25-2010, 08:15 PM   #35
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
Joining in better late than never Great TR so far!! I cannot believe that you had the opportunity to experience the fireworks like that, what a wonderful suprise!!
Don't worry, I'm not moving very quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyandskyesmom View Post
WOW!!! You have had an awesome trip so far...cannot wait to read the rest!

We're from the suburbs of Chicago too!!!
How exciting that you are from the Chicago area, too! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Shhhh.... Don't tell anyone, but we were at Epcot that day too.
Such a shame we didn't run into you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
The GF looks so beautiful. And what amazing pixie dust getting to do the fireworks cruise!
I can't believe we stayed there-still!

Old 10-25-2010, 08:45 PM   #36
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

I almost forgot Day Two Wrap Up:
We had breakfast: in our room!
We had lunch at: Food & Wine Fest/Pecos Bills
We had dinner at: Le Cellier
Our snacks were: Pina Colava & Southern Sunrise from the pool bar at GF
Rachael’s Favorite Food: Maple Creme Brulee (Le Cellier)
Greg’s Favorite Food: Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup (Le Cellier)
Rachael and Greg’s Favorite Part: Soarin'
What we WANT to do again: ride Soarin'
What we DON’T WANT to do again: have DINNER at Le Cellier

I am very slow moving at this TR, I apologize. I am going to try to get 2 updates if not 3 done in this week. I haven't necessarily been busy, I'm just having the vacation blues because I have no idea when we'll be able to go on vacation again. We just don't have the money. Greg's car has no less than 9 things wrong with it and the dealer quoted us with $2300 worth of repairs. We won't pay that but we will pay over $1000 I'm sure. Most of the extra money I was anticipating using for a vacation for next year will be none existent and will go towards fixing the car. Ugh...

I think that I just need to focus on being thankful for the vacations we've already gone on and the memories we've already made. Thinks will work themselves out in time. I'm just impatient about it!

Old 10-25-2010, 09:05 PM   #37
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

I hear you about Le Cellier- we thought the food was good enough (and we loved the cheddar cheese soup!), but not worth going back. Admittedly, our service had a lot to do with this.

Sorry to hear about DH's car... I hope you can get the repairs done for less money than quoted!

At least this was an amazing trip (seriously.. an upgrade to GF!) to be reporting on!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:17 PM   #38
CW4DW
Waiting to return to the World

I'm here and loving it so far! Sorry LeCellier wasn't that great for y'all ~ it's one of our favorites! We have never tried the Wave but will have to try it out on a trip next year!

It's a bum deal that car work is getting in the way of another Disney trip but at least you have the disboards to live vicariously through others!

Can't wait for the next update!

1st trip ever ~ September 2006 (Pop Century) | Winter Trip ~ January 2007 (Pop Century) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2007 (Riverside) | Honeymoon ~ October 2008 (Riverside) | Spring Break at Disneyland ~ March 2009 | Free Dining ~ September 2009 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2009 (Riverside) | Springtime Trip ~ May 2010 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ November 2010 (Saratoga Springs) | Spring Trip ~ April 2011 (Riverside) | Fall Trip ~ September 2011 (Boardwalk Villas) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2011 (Riverside) | February/March 2012 (Riverside) | September 2012 (Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village) | December 2012 (Old Key West & Riverside)
Old 10-26-2010, 07:43 AM   #39
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Hi Rachael! I am really enjoying your trip report! What a fantastic upgrade to the GF as well!! That fireworks cruise looked awesome too!! What a nice surprise!! You and Greg sure are getting majorly pixie dusted!!! I LOVE all your restaurant reviews as well, there are so many we want to try and I like your honest thoughts about the places (and the pics too )! Looking forward to reading more!!!!

~Beth
Old 10-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #40
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

I don't know if you have noticed but I have posted a link to my blog in my signature. I just posted tonight with pictures of things I cooked and baked last week! Read and please comment if you want! Thanks!

My Blog!

Old 10-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #41
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
I hear you about Le Cellier- we thought the food was good enough (and we loved the cheddar cheese soup!), but not worth going back. Admittedly, our service had a lot to do with this.

Sorry to hear about DH's car... I hope you can get the repairs done for less money than quoted!

At least this was an amazing trip (seriously.. an upgrade to GF!) to be reporting on!
Reflecting back on it, the service wasn't even a factor on our likeness scale. We had bad service towards the end of almost every single meal. Being a former waitress (high school and college), I couldn't help but to notice the waitor/waitress never had more than 3 tables to wait on-so why the slow service? Is it a Disney thing? Hurry up and wait? You do that touring the parks most of the time so why not with meals, too!

The repair shop we took my car to a few months back already gave us an estimate that is over $200 less-and that was just for the brakes. I'm not quite as panicky like I was yesterday but it still stinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4DW View Post
I'm here and loving it so far! Sorry LeCellier wasn't that great for y'all ~ it's one of our favorites! We have never tried the Wave but will have to try it out on a trip next year!

It's a bum deal that car work is getting in the way of another Disney trip but at least you have the disboards to live vicariously through others!

Can't wait for the next update!
I was disappointed we didn't like it as much as I thought we would! I would definitely go there for lunch and get a bowl of soup, split a burger with DH, and have some Creme Brulee, though!

You're right about living vicariously through others, it helps but it can't cause a bit of jealousy sometimes, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
Hi Rachael! I am really enjoying your trip report! What a fantastic upgrade to the GF as well!! That fireworks cruise looked awesome too!! What a nice surprise!! You and Greg sure are getting majorly pixie dusted!!! I LOVE all your restaurant reviews as well, there are so many we want to try and I like your honest thoughts about the places (and the pics too )! Looking forward to reading more!!!!

~Beth
Thanks! We are so Blessed to be able to have gotten that upgrade! I enjoy doing the reviews of the food, I love it actually but it's just too much to do a dining review and a TR so I'm combining it! Check out my blog if you like food pictures/ideas for new recipes. I just posted pictures of things I cooked last week.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #42
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Day Three: We got to spend it with my cousin!!!

We started this day off with the opening ceremony at MK!

We made it just in the knick of time, too! Literally, the music began to play when we were walking down the monorail path. I loved it and of course, I teared up. I’m so glad we were able to make time for it. After that we got back on the monorail and went to breakfast at Kona! I was very underwhelmed. I thought the Tonga Toast was okay and Greg’s Macadamia Nut Pancakes were good…without the nuts. Greg loved the Tonga Toast a lot more than I did. What is with me? I don’t like LeCellier’s Mushroom Filet OR Tonga Toast? I am not a true DISer, I guess.

The pancakes almost look undercooked to me.

After breakfast we walked over to the Poly Bus Stop (after I made Greg ask the front desk where it was) and waited for a bus to Hollywood Studios. It was a very full bus and we had to stand which was quite difficult to do with all of the bouncing around. Let me tell you how happy I was when that bus ride was over! Anyway…

My cousin was waiting for us at the bus stop and I began my brisk walk to the entrance and through and straight over to TSM. Notice how I say I BEGAN…I made those 2 keep up and if they didn’t I just continued on my merry way! Ha! Ha! It was after 10am at this point and I was hoping we’d still be able to grab some FPs and we did! They were not until around 4pm if I remember correctly but that’s okay.

My mind is fuzzy on when exactly we did everything (I don’t think I’m cut out for trip notes) but I know that we did The Great Movie Ride (and it was the gangster version…again! I just don’t think I’ll ever get the cowboy version!), ToT (twice!), RNRC, Animation Academy (3 times…my cousin was ADDICTED!), BaTB show, and the Backlot Tour all before heading back to TSM to use our FPs. We also managed to “squeeze” in lunch at Starring Rolls and a stroll down the Streets of America. Phew! We weren’t done yet!

I actually love the class myself. I could seriously spend an afternoon there. We did 4 classes by the end of the week. I love that not many people take advantage of it so the wait isn’t ridiculous and you can usually get in on the next one no problem!

I loved these 2 windows! Unfortunately I didn’t get the full effect of the SoA because they had already put up A LOT of the lights for Spectacle of Lights.

Yes, we did the backlot tour. We never did it before and I wanted to see it for myself. The best part? Definitely when the volunteers to the action sequence. Our group was hilarious and they totally got into it! Come on! Can’t they get some better props at least? The most exciting thing for me was the Chicken Coup from the Hannah Montana movie that I watch with one of the girls that I babysit!

Starring Rolls famous sandwich! I almost got the ham one but the fresh mozzarella on the turkey called my name. Greg got the same.

No, we didn’t get a cupcake (nothing could compare to the cupcake from Contempo Café…and yes, we’ve had cupcakes from SR before). These were delicious but the brownie definitely took the cake! He! He!

I beat Greg! I could tell he wasn’t happy about it but he got over it quickly. He was upset because his accuracy rating was better than mine. However, halfway through I decided to actually aim for things instead of just pull away. My arm was hurting so bad I almost wanted to give up! Ugh! I should have aimed the entire time!

If that wasn’t enough for one day we then headed over to EPCOT via the Friendship Boats but walked from YC/BC (we had the SLOWEST driver ever that day). We were headed for dinner at Via Napoli! I stopped quickly in France on our way to Italy and grabbed another Slush to cool me down. Upon arriving at Via Napoli, we were seated quickly (and I do know they were taking walk ups-like most restaurants were the week we were there). We each ordered a pizza for ourselves. Greg got the Pepperoni and Jackie and I had the 4 Cheese (Quattro Formaggio, I believe). It was good but I like WGPE pizza better. The dessert was the show stopper here. I had the ricotta donuts that came with a dark chocolate dipping sauce and whipped cream and Greg had a gelato sundae with black cherries that exploded in your mouth! Holy Toledo were they good!! Needless to say between all of that food we were stuffed when we decided to head over to MK.

Let me explain this picture. My cousin thought the Provolone and Salami appetizer sounded good. She asked and I said we could definitely share. Well, for $6 you got 3 LITTLE cubes of provolone, 4 LITTLE pieces of Salami (not even deli sized cut, more like pepperoni sized), and 2 Olives. Seriously. It was pathetic. It wasn’t even that good. Disney must pay .25 for the food they charge $6.00 for, seriously.

It was EMH night and we got there just a few minutes before the parade began so we were able to BOOK IT down Main Street for Tomorrow Land. We waited in line for Space Mountain for nearly an hour. Ugh! That line is not fun to wait in. After an awesome ride (I love the drops!) we headed past the construction and over towards Splash Mountain. My cousin Jackie hadn’t riden it since she went with my aunt to Disney World in 2004. It was a hilarious ride to say the least. Let’s just say she had white knuckles the entire time. As soon as I saw how freaked out she was I said, “I probably shouldn’t tell you about the other drops then!” I know they aren’t bad but I loved scaring her! As soon as we got off Splash the park closed and EMH began. Unfortunately my cousin wasn’t able to get on any of the rides with us. (If any of you are worried about non-resort guests getting on rides during EMH rest assured that it WON’T happen.) Greg and I rode POTC and Jungle Cruise (we had the best skipper ever-that and I was exhausted by this point so everything he said was funny) before we decided to call it a night shortly before 11pm. The monorail line was huge but it was less than 30 minutes until we were back in our room and ready for bed! Wait! I almost forgot. There was a surprise waiting for us when we got back to our room. Our mousekeeper left us roses to thank us for the tip holders (and money) I made. Definitely unexpected and not needed but good to know that they were appreciated!

Day Three Wrap Up:

We had breakfast at: Kona
We had lunch at: Starring Rolls
We had dinner at: Via Napoli
Our snacks were: Mickey Bar and Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich, Grey Goose Slush
Rachael’s Favorite Food: 4 Formaggio Pizza (Via Napoli)
Greg’s Favorite Food: Pepperoni Pizza (Via Napoli)
Rachael and Greg’s Favorite Part: Animation Academy and Jungle Cruise, respectively.
What we WANT to do again: Animation Academy
What we DON’T WANT to do again: Visit 3 parks in one day!

Up Next: We finally rest!

Old 10-28-2010, 06:25 AM   #43
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Wow - what a packed day!!! I can't believe how much you got done! I hope you slept in the next morning.

It's too bad CMs can't take advantage of EMHs...

Also - sorry to hear about your post Disney blues... it's very common. I hope the car problems work out and you can get back on track saving money for your next vacation.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #44
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Yay for making it in time to the MK opening show! I love it so much.

The pizza looks so good at Via Napoli. I can't wait to eat there in March!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 10-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #45
MusiqChic99
Love means going out to eat so that your husband won't have to cook.

Are you the luckiest couple around or what????

Sounds like a very special trip so far and you only got started!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: