Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
happylittlefamily
Mouseketeer

Where should I post info regarding experience at WH?

A lot of folks have followed the unfortunate experience we had last week at WH and we decided we are going to post on the DIS info regarding the property management, so others can steer clear if they choose.

I'm going to first email the owner with pics and a list of things we encountered, as a courtesy, but I do think it would be most helpful for those getting info from these boards about renting places to know who we dealt with as property managers because they were responsible for pretty much every issue we had come up. And had they handled it in a way that wasn't an attempt to make light of all we were going through or to then go as far as to start trying to throw around threats of fees we could incur, I think the entire situation would never have escalated to this point.

Anyway, I want to post about it, but not sure if I need to do a post-trip report thread, start a new thread, or if I should just add it to my original post since people have been following it.

Also, we rented through a popular and well-respected site, but the property we rented is not managed by them. That really sucks because I don't think they are related, but I really hope they are separate for the sake of that site Anyway, where should I post? Thanks! Oh, and can I post pics of stuff we found or should I not do that? I want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. And, again, cannot thank ya'll enough for being my venting base last week when we were going through everything. It helped so much!

Erica
happylittlefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
westcoastsunshine
Mouseketeer

This was a very unfortunate experience.
westcoastsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
TrustedTraveler
Mouseketeer

I think it would help to post all the facts right here. This is where DIS'rs look for info on off site rentals.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #4
H.E. Pennypacker
"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

I'd say just add it in the first post you started. That way people have all the history in one post and you don't have retype everything.
H.E. Pennypacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
Tina
Tagless and bitter about it but apparently only thing I hate is when I 'spring a wire. ;-)

What is WH? You may want to put the whole name in your thread title.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #6
4forMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
I'd say just add it in the first post you started. That way people have all the history in one post and you don't have retype everything.
I agree. It's probably easiest to add to your current thread. Perhaps you can add "UPDATE" to the title so others know you are updating your situation.

Last edited by 4forMe; 10-15-2010 at 02:13 PM. Reason: spelling
4forMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #7
Gr8t Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4forMe View Post
I agree. It's probably be easiest to add to your current thread. Perhaps you can add "UPDATE" to the title so others know you are updating your situation.
I agree that your original post would be the best place for the information.
Gr8t Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #8
loveslupins
Earning My Ears

I also think that it would be best to put it in your original thread and edit the title if you can to include UPDATE.

Waiting patiently...

loveslupins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:44 AM   #9
KellyWasHere
DIS Veteran

Very sorry for your whole experience.

33, married , with 2 daughters (5 & 3 )

May 2000 All-Star Music / October 2000 Disneyland / October 2002 All-Star Music (Disney + US/IOA) / June 2003 Swan (belated honeymoon, Disney + US/IOA) / October 2007 All-Star Music / November 2009 All-Star Sports / December 2010 Windsor Hills (Disney + US/IOA) / October 2011 All-Star Movies & Old Key West / May 2012 Bay Lake Tower & CBR / October 2012 Bonnet Creek

KellyWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote