Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #121
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal at GF Cafe. I love it there for breakfast

Old 12-29-2010, 04:37 PM   #122
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

I am sooo jealous you went to parks on race day!!! I wish I had, but then again I was draggin during the race It looks like you got soooo much done in one afternoon!! I love the real cherry coke or vanilla coke that you can get at sci fi or 50s prime time, yum!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2010, 07:47 AM   #123
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hurray for a nice leisurely day before the race! We have never eaten at GF Cafe before, but we have a dinner ressie there for the summer trip. Glad you liked it -- the french toast looks delicious! Bo!!! We so missed seeing him on the last trip -- thanks for making sure he was behaving!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:49 AM   #124
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

OMG, what an awesome day!

I don't even know where to start! Frontierland Donald is so stinkin' cute, I can't get over it. Breakfast at the GF cafe is really nice, I did that with mom on our last trip and really enjoyed it.

I love the Wedway People Mover, too. I can't even describe why, it's just one of my favorite must do rides, always has been. It's classic.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:03 AM   #125
madamemim1975
Earning My Ears

Gah! I just have to read your trip report! I was in Disney the same time and FINALLY someone other than myself, loves MIM!! My neice and nephew call me Mim and I don't think they even know my real name!
Old 12-30-2010, 08:09 AM   #126
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I could really go for some of that french toast right now. Yum!

When I ate at Sci Fi it was so quiet too which was nice for a break away from the hustle and bustle of the parks but it is a little odd.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:21 AM   #127
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal at GF Cafe. I love it there for breakfast
It was one of my favorite breakfast meals all week. Definitely was the most relaxing one. I will be eating there again. I really liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
I am sooo jealous you went to parks on race day!!! I wish I had, but then again I was draggin during the race It looks like you got soooo much done in one afternoon!! I love the real cherry coke or vanilla coke that you can get at sci fi or 50s prime time, yum!!
It was a bit of a crazy decision, and if we weren't losing two days of the trip to go to Universal I wouldn't have done it. Luckily it really worked out for us. Honestly we walked through the parks so slowly! We really just had good luck. We'd walk up to something like Philharmagic and we'd just make it in to the theater. No waiting at all. It was a bit magical. I love small fall crowds!

And the real cherry coke? So good! We use to have a local burger place in town that made them, along with real milkshakes and malteds. It closed about a year ago, and I'm still not over it.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 12-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #128
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hurray for a nice leisurely day before the race! We have never eaten at GF Cafe before, but we have a dinner ressie there for the summer trip. Glad you liked it -- the french toast looks delicious! Bo!!! We so missed seeing him on the last trip -- thanks for making sure he was behaving!
I was a bit amazed at how much we got done with effort at all. It really was the anti December trip. The GF Cafe was really great. I loved that it was a quiet, peaceful meal. So often the restaurants are all crazy and loud at Disney. This was so much nicer.

My friend gets a kick out of the Bo pictures now. She even reminded me on the way in we needed to stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
OMG, what an awesome day!

I don't even know where to start! Frontierland Donald is so stinkin' cute, I can't get over it. Breakfast at the GF cafe is really nice, I did that with mom on our last trip and really enjoyed it.

I love the Wedway People Mover, too. I can't even describe why, it's just one of my favorite must do rides, always has been. It's classic.

It was great just taking my time at Disney for once, and having the lack of crowds let me. This morning really set the tone for our entire week. We kind of threw the rule book out the window.

Isn't Frontier Donald adorable! I had to stop. We actually did alot of the character stuff this time, and had a blast doing it.

No trip to Disney is complete for me without the Wedway. Oddly enough it was one of the few things we had to wait a bit for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madamemim1975 View Post
Gah! I just have to read your trip report! I was in Disney the same time and FINALLY someone other than myself, loves MIM!! My neice and nephew call me Mim and I don't think they even know my real name!
I love Mim! I think the wizarding duel scene is one of my favorite Disney scenes ever. I'm so glad you stopped by!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 12-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #130
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Hi Crissy! It's been ever so long since I've posted here!! So sorry!! It's so hard keeping up these days with the holidays and family and then a funeral/travel.

Your GF breakfast looked divine!! YUM!! Thanks for the eye candy tonight, Sweetie!

Old 12-31-2010, 07:34 AM   #131
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
My friend gets a kick out of the Bo pictures now. She even reminded me on the way in we needed to stop.
Love it!!!

I am always so thrilled that through Chelsea and her natural goofiness, she has been instrumental in getting Bo lots of attention and love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
My decadent influence is spreading!
You are too funny, TK! Yes, your decadent influence has spread much wider than you could imagine! I am not even planning on making a list of must-dos for this trip -- we are just going to go with the flow. It worked so well last trip!
Old 12-31-2010, 08:24 AM   #132
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Just found your TR and congratulations on running. I admire people who can do it. I have a hard enough time making myself get on the awful treadmill much less running. I'm looking forward to hearing more.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:50 PM   #133
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

You are too funny, TK! Yes, your decadent influence has spread much wider than you could imagine! I am not even planning on making a list of must-dos for this trip -- we are just going to go with the flow. It worked so well last trip!
:::rubs hands together::::

Mwa-ha-ha!!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 06:53 AM   #134
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Yeah a new post

Happy New Year.

The parks at Halloween time look so awesome. That is on my list to see at least once. I love how the parks had low crowds. What could be better than that nice weather and no crowds.

So are all the seats at the SciFi facing like that? I always want to try to eat there but we have 5 and I really need to face my kids when they are eating. Don't want them throwing food at each other
Old 01-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #135
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

So glad that you went to Sci-Fi! I went there for the first time on my last trip and loved it... but also thought it was odd that it was so quiet! Can't wait to hear about the race. Hope your year is off to a good start!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: