Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2010, 04:30 AM   #76
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

I love your new hairstyle! I absolutely undestand your feeling about it, I cut my hair about a year ago and love it short!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 11-03-2010, 07:23 PM   #77
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

I really like the new DO too!

Your niece is cute. It is funny how they seem to wrap their little fingers around their grandmothers. My daughter can get my mother to do anything.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #78
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

Sounds like your getting good luck this trip!!! I loving the hair cut!!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #79
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I love your new hairstyle! I absolutely undestand your feeling about it, I cut my hair about a year ago and love it short!!
I'm only wishing I had done it sooner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
I really like the new DO too!

Your niece is cute. It is funny how they seem to wrap their little fingers around their grandmothers. My daughter can get my mother to do anything.
My parents are both completely weak to the two of them. I laugh to myself, because my mother was never that easy when I was a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
Sounds like your getting good luck this trip!!! I loving the hair cut!!
It was a great trip.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 11-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #80
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

I LOVE that haircut!!!! Your halloween costume was adorable too, but I know wigs get itchy and annoying after a while

Its sweet reading about your relationship with your niece
Old 11-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #81
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
I LOVE that haircut!!!! Your halloween costume was adorable too, but I know wigs get itchy and annoying after a while

Its sweet reading about your relationship with your niece
Thanks. I'm loving the fact that I can dry my hair in a normal amount of time again. I definitely wasn't up for another winter of ice chunks in my hair. Both my nieces are my rays of sunshine. I can't imagine life without them.

I have my next entry just about written. Sorry for the delay. The blues have taken hold of me again, and I'm trying to deal with it before they get overwhelming like they were for most of last year.

On the plus side, I just got my photopass cd on Saturday, and my photopass album is on the way. I'm dying to see it!

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 11-15-2010, 03:43 PM   #82
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
On the plus side, I just got my photopass cd on Saturday, and my photopass album is on the way. I'm dying to see it!
We just got ours in the mail the other day and I have been updating my TR with them...I know I have seen them 100 times, but its so exciting to have them now

I know I ran the wine and dine half, but I swear the longer it goes since being there the more I forget the course we actually took...hopefully your TR jogs my memory (no pun intended )
Old 11-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #83
Flossbolna

Chrissy, I am sorry you are feeling low again! Let us know if there is anything your DISfriends can do for you!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 11-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #85
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have my next entry just about written. Sorry for the delay. The blues have taken hold of me again, and I'm trying to deal with it before they get overwhelming like they were for most of last year.
I am here if you ever need to talk as well I know walking/running (even in the cold) has been the best mood booster for me during tough times
Old 11-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #86
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We just got ours in the mail the other day and I have been updating my TR with them...I know I have seen them 100 times, but its so exciting to have them now

I know I ran the wine and dine half, but I swear the longer it goes since being there the more I forget the course we actually took...hopefully your TR jogs my memory (no pun intended )
I know what you mean about the pictures. I had actually finished the CD fairly quickly, but I'd been working on the photopass album for the rest of the time. I'm feeling very well acquainted with those pictures by now.

I have a few blanks on the race myself. A few of those miles all kind of blurred together, especially the ones that were just out on the highway. The clearest ones are the ones in the AK and the ones after I entered DHS. The rest are all a bit fuzzy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Chrissy, I am sorry you are feeling low again! Let us know if there is anything your DISfriends can do for you!!
Thanks. I think alot of it has to do with the changing seasons. The only sun I see is on my walk from Grand Central Terminal to my office. I hate that it's dark by the time I leave the office now, and when I get up in the morning. It really affects my mood. I'm not feeling as bad as I was for most of last year, so I'm just trying to take it day by day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Just wanted to check in and say I'm thinking of you.
Thank you so much. Thinking of my friends both here and in real life really has been helping me.

Quote:
I am here if you ever need to talk as well I know walking/running (even in the cold) has been the best mood booster for me during tough times
I need to try to get out and walk/run even though it's going to be in the dark now. I haven't been getting much exercise and I don't think that's been helping any. I really want to start getting some runs in again.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #87
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Why Yes, Yes I'm Here Again

After our lunch it was about time to head over to the Wide World of Sports to pick up our race packets. It took a bit of doing to find out how to get over to the complex. A few of the Beach Club cast members had no idea. Finally we found someone who directed us over to the Yacht Club conference center where they were going to have buses running continuous loops over to Wide World of Sports.

Me being me, had to stop and play with this vintage car they have parked right in front of the Beach Club.

They actually had coaches transporting us over, not Disney buses, so it was a nice cushy ride over. I had never been over to the sports complex so I was a bit curious to see this part of Disney I had never explored. The place was really huge. I was really a bit surprised. There was quite a bit of activity going on both for the race, and for other events. I apologize that I didn't really take too many pictures. I was just soaking it all in.

We took our time going through the expo. I purchased a car decal with the John Bingham quote in my signature on it. My friend picked up a few headbands. Packet pickup was along the back wall, with separate lines by bib number. I think that our bib numbers where the only ones with a line. Still it didn't take long. The volunteer showed us what was in our packets, and explained a few things to us. From there we went over to the d tag testing area to be sure our shoe tags were working correctly (and with the right names) and picked up our t-shirts.

We poked around a bit after that, and stayed to listen to Jeff Galloway give a talk. He had some great tips for interval running, and for eating and keeping hydrated the day of the race. I was tempted to make a few purchases at the expo. I was particularly interested in ear buds to use with your ipod that were molded for you specific ears. As the owner of tiny ears that no ear buds stay in, I was tempted. I was also tempted to pick up a Wine and Dine "I Did it" t-shirt, but I thought I would jinx myself to buy it before I actually did do it. In hindsight I wish I had bought it because I couldn't get one afterwards. So to anyone running in a future Disney race, buy whatever you like at the expo. It probably won't be available after.

When we were done we headed back to the buses and headed back to the Beach Club. It was still early, and we were both itching to try some of the ice cream treats at Beaches and Cream so we headed back to see if we could get in. We would have just picked up something at the take-out window, but we both wanted items they only offered inside. The cast members working recognized me immediately as having been there just a couple of hours before. They got a kick out of it. That's what I get for wearing something that sticks out I guess.

We took seats at the counter since we were just having icecream. My friend had a rootbeer float -

She gave it the thumbs up for being good. I had probably the best snack/desert I had all week, a Frozen Sunshine.

I'm a sucker for creamsicle flavored things anyways so this was perfect for me. It was a cross between a creamsicle and an icecream soda. It was so thick that I had to eat most of it with a spoon, and there was a ton of it! Besides the glass in the picture they gave me the extras in that were in the metal milkshake cup. There was nearly a second glassful in the cup. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I polished it all off. It was that good. Plus how can you go wrong when it's decorated with those little candy orange slices? While we were there an alarm started to go off along with flashing lights, and before I knew it a cast member was announcing it was my birthday to the entire restaurant and had them sing to me. I was given a balloon for my embarassment. Really though it was sweet. I definitely wasn't expecting it, and had forgotten that I was wearing the birthday button. (I had been tempted not to wear it since it wasn't actually my birthday, but since I was celebrating my birthday I said heck why not?)

Full from our icecream we headed back to our room to get some rest. I loved these umbrellas lined up outside the Cape May restaurant.

Back in the room, my friend took a bit of a nap while I unpacked my stuff and got my race day stuff ready for the next day. I laid out my running outfit pinning my bib on it. I put my D-tag on my sneakers, got my ipod set up, and packed the bag I was going to check at the race making sure I had my after party bracelet and food coupons in there. When I was done I sat and watched the goings on at Stormalong Bay for awhile.

It was definitely the most relaxing afternoon I'd ever spent at Disney, and I was surprised that I wasn't really missing being in the parks immediately. There's a lot to be said for enjoying some easygoing moments at Disney.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #88
Flossbolna

Quote:
Thanks. I think alot of it has to do with the changing seasons. The only sun I see is on my walk from Grand Central Terminal to my office. I hate that it's dark by the time I leave the office now, and when I get up in the morning. It really affects my mood. I'm not feeling as bad as I was for most of last year, so I'm just trying to take it day by day.
Have you thought about trying light therapy? I know that there are special very bright lamps which offer nearly all the light in natural daylight and supposedly being exposed to them every day after you get up really helps against seasonal moods. A colleague of mine has this and swears by it and I have seen a TV-programm about it. It might be something worth investigating.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:44 PM   #89
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Look at you in that sassy dress, miss! I LOVE IT!!!

Thanks for describing the expo, and I'm happy you had a relaxing day. Sometimes...may the DIS Gods not strike me down...it's nice not to be in the parks.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:00 PM   #90
Flossbolna

I missed your update because we posted at the same time: great update!

I found the WoS pics very interesting. I would have expected a much more utiliatarian look, but this looks lovely.

Oh and this orange thingie has my name written all over it!! Since I am planning to stay at BWV for my next trip, I will make sure to try this early in the trip in order to be able to have it again if I like it as much as I expect to like it from your description!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: