Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2010, 10:24 AM   #31
UsMcWifeForever
Mouseketeer

I am training for the princess 1/2 in 2012 I won't be ready in 2011 lolol if you go please please please give lots of info about it i would love to hesr more to keep me motivated in my training
Old 10-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #32
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Just a quick note to say that my plans for taking some time off from another Disney trip for awhile may be falling away already. (Seriously, does Disney put something in the water to get us to keep coming back?)

I may be headed to Disney the last week of February to do the Princess Half Marathon. Maybe. To jump just a bit ahead in this current trip report, my BFF I was traveling with ended up being swept during the half marathon. She had a really good attitude about it overall, since like me she knew she was iffy on the time limit going in, but she wants another chance to get her medal. She also has a cousin who is doing the princess, and would like to try again then.

For me it's going to come down to two things. One, do I really want to train through the winter for this race? I'm treadmill phobic (is there a real name for that?) so all my running is done outside, which will be really brutal those last few weeks in Jan. and Feb before the race.

The other factor is money. If I go this trip will only be a weekend getaway. The lovely planners at Disney planned this marathon weekend in the middle of peak season. Even the value rooms are about $140 a night or so. The worst part though are prices on the Monday flights home. Ugh! I checked out JetBlue's site yesterday and all of them were over $200. Flights down were fine, but that Monday is just ugly. Of course Tuesday they had flights home for under $100.

So nothing set in stone yet, but I may be running like a princess in a few months! Hopefully if I get to go I'll get a chance to meet up with some of the other Diser's going then.

I hope you decide to do the princess 1/2!! I really like the theme of that one...I wish I could do them all, they are pretty pricey just for the race registration!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #33
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsMcWifeForever View Post
I am training for the princess 1/2 in 2012 I won't be ready in 2011 lolol if you go please please please give lots of info about it i would love to hesr more to keep me motivated in my training
I'm really hoping to be able to be there. The rooms are high, but since I'll be sharing the rate with a friend it's not horrible. The airfare though there is no way around. I have to check and see if I can use my trueblue points towards the trip home at any rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
I hope you decide to do the princess 1/2!! I really like the theme of that one...I wish I could do them all, they are pretty pricey just for the race registration!!
No kidding about the race registration prices. At least it gives you that extra umph to cross the finish line. After paying that much, you at least want to get a medal out of the deal.

I really like the theme of the princess too. A friend of mine who lives in Florida and is doing it, is really trying to convince me. She did it last year and loved it. She's done the Princess as well as the Wine and Dine, and the January full and halfs. The princess is her favorite.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 10-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #34
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

I love that your flight was blissfully uneventful!! NO puking, kicking kids, and a nice seatmate to boot!!

So, you're going to take the plunge again??! Awesome!! Can't wait to hear about it!

Old 10-21-2010, 11:10 AM   #35
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in! I was a lurker on your pre-trip report. By the time I found it you were so close to being finished I didn't bother commenting

I was hoping to do the Princess Half in Feb. I finished the C25K a few weeks ago. We decided to go to Disney in May instead. I am 28 and I plan on having more kids soon so I have told DH I will be doing it at some point before I am 35. I should be able to train in 7 years right

I have to admit since we canceled the Feb last week I haven't been running at all. I need to get back out there or my legs will go back to being jiggly jello.

I live in CT too!

Can't wait to hear all about it. I am also one of those non runners who have always wondered why people ran. There must be something wrong them, they are running by choice. No one is chasing them. Why would they be running
Old 10-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #36
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I won't lie, for purely selfish reasons, I'd love to see you down there in February!

Only if it's feasible for you, hon.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:58 PM   #37
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Joining! A huge congrats to you for the 1/2 marathon, I am so inspired by people like yourself that have the courage to take on a challenge!!! I was a "cross country runner" in high school which translated to walking mostly and running when the mood struck. Over the last several months, I've been able to run about 2.5 miles a day, but it took great work and lots of effort. I commend you!!! So excited to read about your trip!!!
Old 10-21-2010, 09:49 PM   #38
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I'm in!! Can't wait to hear more!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 10-22-2010, 04:28 AM   #39
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISSY!!!

I hope you have a great day today!!

I think, I really need to stay away from these Disney races, it sounds like they are very addictive!! I think the idea of signing up for a new race is a great motivation to keep up with your training. But I get your issue about training in winter. After a small foot injury I really need to start training again and I just can't motivate myself, it is already pretty cold outside (first freezing night tonight! ).
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 10-22-2010, 05:33 AM   #40
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday, Crissy!!! Have a great day!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:05 PM   #42
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Old 10-25-2010, 10:01 AM   #43
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I love that your flight was blissfully uneventful!! NO puking, kicking kids, and a nice seatmate to boot!!

So, you're going to take the plunge again??! Awesome!! Can't wait to hear about it!
It was such a great flight. Normally my seat is directly in front of the most obnoxious child on the flight. I don't know if there were any kids at all on this flight. Certainly there weren't any in the front where I was, but if there were they were quiet the entire flight. I made up for my wonderful flight though on the way home.

I may be taking the plunge. It's just looking to be so expensive just for the weekend. The prices on the flights home are really ugly already. I have to keep playing with the dates and see what I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I'm joining in! I was a lurker on your pre-trip report. By the time I found it you were so close to being finished I didn't bother commenting

I was hoping to do the Princess Half in Feb. I finished the C25K a few weeks ago. We decided to go to Disney in May instead. I am 28 and I plan on having more kids soon so I have told DH I will be doing it at some point before I am 35. I should be able to train in 7 years right

I have to admit since we canceled the Feb last week I haven't been running at all. I need to get back out there or my legs will go back to being jiggly jello.

I live in CT too!

Can't wait to hear all about it. I am also one of those non runners who have always wondered why people ran. There must be something wrong them, they are running by choice. No one is chasing them. Why would they be running
Welcome, and thanks for joining in! The Wine and Dine ended up being a great experience. I didn't think I'd want to do 13.1 miles again, but the Princess sounds like fun, and my friend really wants to earn her medal.

I haven't done much running since I got back. I need to get with the program if I'm going to train for another half!

What part of CT are you from? I'm on the shoreline, just about at the midway point on the shoreline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I won't lie, for purely selfish reasons, I'd love to see you down there in February!

Only if it's feasible for you, hon.
I'm really hoping to be able to go. Right now it's the airfare costs for the flight home that are putting a damper on my plans. They are really keeping it from being doable. I don't usually pay more than $125 for each leg of my trip, and they want me to pay over $200 just to get home. Too much for a quickie trip.

Hopefully I'll find a good deal, because for pureely selfish reasons of my own, I'd love to be there to meet you guys too.

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 10-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #44
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Joining! A huge congrats to you for the 1/2 marathon, I am so inspired by people like yourself that have the courage to take on a challenge!!! I was a "cross country runner" in high school which translated to walking mostly and running when the mood struck. Over the last several months, I've been able to run about 2.5 miles a day, but it took great work and lots of effort. I commend you!!! So excited to read about your trip!!!
Thanks, and welcome! I still tend to think that insanity took over when I chose to do this. It was a rough year leading up to it, but I'm so glad that I took the chance.

That's great about the 2.5 miles per day. Now that I made it through this half, I want to get back to working on running again. Maybe some day I can actually run the majority of a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I'm in!! Can't wait to hear more!!!
More to come soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISSY!!!

I hope you have a great day today!!

I think, I really need to stay away from these Disney races, it sounds like they are very addictive!! I think the idea of signing up for a new race is a great motivation to keep up with your training. But I get your issue about training in winter. After a small foot injury I really need to start training again and I just can't motivate myself, it is already pretty cold outside (first freezing night tonight! ).
Thanks! It was a wonderful birthday.

Hope your foot is doing better! When winter comes I want to do nothing but hole up in the house, with a blanket and my knitting. If I could overcome my fear of treadmills I could do a good portion of my runs on that, and just have to face up to the long runs outdoors. If I do it, it's going to be really tough. No freezing temps here yet, and I'm so not looking forward to them.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #45
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Happy Birthday, Crissy!!! Have a great day!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Happy Birthday!!

It sounds like the Princess would be so much fun! I hope you can swing it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I had a great day for my birthday. I had it off from work (that alone made it a great day), I treated myself to a pedicure, and I chopped off all my hair (which felt wonderfully liberating). This coming weekend my mom is taking the family out to dinner for my birthday, so I actually get to celebrate again. Woo Hoo!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: