Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #151
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Wow, the anticipation is getting to me. I feel like I am running along beside you. I think I might have gotten on that bus. Good for you for sticking it out.

I was really, really tempted to throw in the towel and let them put me on the bus. I had more than enough at that point. Getting sick over the clif shot really almost put me over the edge.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 01-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #152
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

You have so much determination!!! Can't wait to read more!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #154
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

I give you SO much credit for running without your ipod...that is honestly amazing!! I know there were some great spots for entertainment, but there were a lot of very boring spots too!! I don't think I could have done that!! I am really enjoying reading along with your experience!!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:06 AM   #155
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Wow. You are so inspiring! The determination you had for this race is so amazing. Good for you, you didn't let mile 9 get the best of you!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #156
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Hey Chrissy! I've been keeping tabs on your TR in silence because I've been too busy to write for the last few weeks. I was thinking about you before the holidays and the fact you weren't posting, and hoping that you hadn't gotten into another bout of the blues. Unfortunately, it looks like you did, but I'm glad to hear you've come through it well!

The story-telling you are doing for your race is fantastic. You are keeping me (and all other readers I dare say) on the edge of our seats - even though we know the ending. I feel like I'm standing on the sides cheering you on.

The closest I've come to a "race" is our local Corporate Challenge 5K, which I've done perhaps half a dozen times, which is 3.5 miles. Though I didn't train for that, I can't even imagine going 13.1 miles.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
Old 01-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #157
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
You have so much determination!!! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks. I wish I could tell you how good that bus looked. I really don't know what made me keep going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Crissy, I love hearing about this race, and I feel like I am right there with you.
During some of the rough, dull stretches I thought often of my Dis friends. It really helped.

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 01-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #158
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
I give you SO much credit for running without your ipod...that is honestly amazing!! I know there were some great spots for entertainment, but there were a lot of very boring spots too!! I don't think I could have done that!! I am really enjoying reading along with your experience!!
I never thought I could have done it without the ipod, but at that moment it just felt right. I was so glad that I did. I really liked getting to enjoy those miles for what they were - really focus on them.

I think those first 9 miles were the worst. Way too many stretches out on that highway. I really hated that out and back section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Wow. You are so inspiring! The determination you had for this race is so amazing. Good for you, you didn't let mile 9 get the best of you!
I don't really know where the determination came from. At that moment I really just knew I had to try. If I failed, and they took me off it would have ben fine, but I didn't want to give up on my own.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #159
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Hey Chrissy! I've been keeping tabs on your TR in silence because I've been too busy to write for the last few weeks. I was thinking about you before the holidays and the fact you weren't posting, and hoping that you hadn't gotten into another bout of the blues. Unfortunately, it looks like you did, but I'm glad to hear you've come through it well!
Thanks Pete. I really got hit hard with the blues this year, capped off with my Christmas grocery shopping 2 days before Christmas where I nearly started bawling in the middle of the store. Luckily it got better after that, but I've been feeling it a bit this week too. I think I need more sunlight, as I felt much better over the weekend when I was outside for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
The story-telling you are doing for your race is fantastic. You are keeping me (and all other readers I dare say) on the edge of our seats - even though we know the ending. I feel like I'm standing on the sides cheering you on.

The closest I've come to a "race" is our local Corporate Challenge 5K, which I've done perhaps half a dozen times, which is 3.5 miles. Though I didn't train for that, I can't even imagine going 13.1 miles.
I'm glad everyone is enjoying the race updates. I'm enjoying writing them.

I feel the same way about going the full marathon distance. After doing the 13.1 I can't imagine going a step further.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #160
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I had every intention of doing the next installment today, but I'm home sick today and my half written installment is on my work computer. I'll do it tomorrow.

I was just thinking today how odd it feels to not be planning a Disney vacation. I still feel like I really need to do something different this year, but still it feels odd. They've opened a new Disney store in Times Square so I think I'm going to start a new gift card for my next trip (probably in 2012).

They listed the class offerings for my spring fiber art camp in NH, and I'm even more excited about doing that this year. I'm having fun trying to pick out what classes I want to take. I was a bit sad to realize they weren't offering any painting type of classes this session. I really have been looking forward to trying some painting. They are only offering them in the fall session, and I don't know if I want to completely try new things like that. I'm still going to try some new things. I'm looking at trying a photography/embroidery class, a silk knitting class, drop spinning and a botanical printing class. Knitting is the only thing I have experience in so it should be fun! I have to chose by next week, and have it postmarked by next week. First come first served on the choices! It's kind of like trying to get Disney ADRs.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #161
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, Crissy! I was riveted to this last update!!! So suspenseful, and I am just so thrilled that you kept going and didn't succomb to the bus! I don't think I would have been that determined!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:16 AM   #162
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

The fiber art camp sounds like so much fun! Years ago I was able to try drop spinning and loved it! But everything that you've listed sounds like it'd be great, I'm so excited for you!!! Feel better!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #163
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

First, I hope you feel better soon.

Second, I am so excited for you about this art camp!!! You know I have a BFA in Painting, right? So any time one of my friends wants to explore their creativity, I am all for it. It is rejuvenating, it is healing, it will be wonderful for you.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #164
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh my goodness, Crissy! I was riveted to this last update!!! So suspenseful, and I am just so thrilled that you kept going and didn't succomb to the bus! I don't think I would have been that determined!
I so wanted to hop on that bus! I'd say for at least the next mile or so I was a bit ticked with myself for not just getting on it. All I kept feeling was that stupid pebble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
The fiber art camp sounds like so much fun! Years ago I was able to try drop spinning and loved it! But everything that you've listed sounds like it'd be great, I'm so excited for you!!! Feel better!
I've been wanting to try drop spinning for the longest time. Someone gave me one ages ago, and I have no clue how to use it. Of course, a new hobby can be really dangerous for me. My home is already over-run with balls of yarn, adding roving to it could be really scary.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #165
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
First, I hope you feel better soon.

Second, I am so excited for you about this art camp!!! You know I have a BFA in Painting, right? So any time one of my friends wants to explore their creativity, I am all for it. It is rejuvenating, it is healing, it will be wonderful for you.
Thanks! I'm feeling a bit better today. Throat isn't quite as sore. Made it back to work at least.

I'm really excited about this camp too. I love that you got your degree is something so creative! Honestly, I really have a limited amount of artistic ability, but I've always loved to play around with art. Last year they had one painting class in the spring session, and I had really been hoping for one this year. Sadly, they kept this year much more focused on the fiber arts. I've been really tempted to sign up for the fall session so I could play with paint anyways. I'll probably stay with the spring, for a few reasons the biggest being that I'm going to need a vacation sooner than September, and I don't want to chance being the one art newbie at the camp.

Happily, even at the spring session there are enough things to let me learn some new skills. I'm really hoping I get into the embroidery/photography class and I'm probably most looking forward to the printing class. The description says it uses the natural beauty and surroundings of the lake to provide inspiration to create stencils to print on fabrics. I'll have to draw! A bit scary for me, but I can't wait to try.

If I love it, I may look at the fall session next year. They have a lot of writing and photography classes at that one that look great too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: