Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2010, 12:56 PM   #76
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Loving the report!!! It was the best cruise ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
There was one blonde lady in Treasure Ketch that was down right rude! I never once saw her smile at anyone. I meant to put that comment on my survey, but had it partially filled out and left it on the coffee table in the room and evidently our steward thought I was done and turned it in for me. Oh well, best not to make negative comments about someone anyway. She just really rubbed me wrong when we interacted with her. Only DCL employee that has ever done that.
I didn't go shopping(), but on St Maarten day we were out on Deck 4 watching folk arrive back from their trips. There were some very late ones returning, so more folks came and watched. One largish group of uniformed people were watching, just ignoring everyone else. We didn't recognise their uniform, so asked, but the reply(merchandise) was very curt and almost rude with no smile or interaction. Both John and I were not impressed as it is not the norm at all when you chat to DCL staff.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:00 PM   #77
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
Could only make the Pep Squad
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I have to confess that I am a tile lounger hog, but not because I am selfish by nature, but because I do tend to fall asleep on them. If I am awake, I can spend hours on the loungers if it is quiet, but will move on to either the mild sauna or even the relaxation area by the locker rooms if there are people around waiting for the tile loungers.

When we cruised on NCL, they restricted you to 30 minutes if there were people waiting.

Corinna

I agree with you Corinna,,,,,I have fallen asleep but usually for just a few minutes. The one time I really fell asleep was when it was late and they even let me sleep and then woke me up at 11pm!!!

This certain family was just obnoxious beyond words.

tinker1bell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #78
Candy Apple
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=tinker1bell;38711250]Monday, September 20

Gibraltar, U K

This was our first port and I was so excited to visit Gibraltar I had been looking at all of the Port Excursions and kept changing my mind. Finally I chose City Under Siege. I really wanted to see the Barbary Apes. It included the cable car ride, chance to see the Barbary Apes, do a little shopping, visit the Gibraltar Museum and the Great Siege Tunnels.

We got up early and each got ready for our tours. Went and had a little breakfast at Topsiders. Off to meet the rest of the folks for my tour. It was very cloudy and a little windy as we got into the van and after a little bit; we were told that the cable cars were closed. I was very disappointed but knew that safety was first. Also on the tour in Madeira I would be able to ride their cable car. So we started off and our first stop was by a light house. We got out and braved the winds and took a few pictures. Then back into the van and since we were not going to ride the cable car, we visited St Michael’s Caves. At the entrance of the Caves, we did see four of the apes. Two decided to have a tussle on the top of our van. Inside the caves it was just beautiful with all of the Stalactites and Stalagmites.

At the very center was a stage with seating where they have concerts. I can just imagine how the music would sound in there. Back in the van we started off to the Great Siege Tunnels. We parked and started up the road. The road up was very steep but I knew I had to walk up or I would not see the tunnels. Huffing and puffing up the road was a slow go but I made it!!! We trekked down into the tunnels and then back up and while doing that, we had beautiful views of the island and even could see Africa in the distance. After that we visited the museum which was really small but full of interesting artifacts. Then we started back to the Magic stopping to drop a few off to do some shopping.

QUOTE]
It was nice to meet you on this tour. We definitely got our exercise that day. I need to do that every day--a fun way to burn calories!
Old 10-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #79
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Enjoying your report!
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #80
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
Moving when you see others are waiting moves you out of the lounge hogger arena.
We spend about a half hour in them if it is busy. Not this trip though. We went three times when they never opened up for the hour we were there. (that same couple sitting there the whole time and a line up for the other 2) We finally stopped even trying since we were getting our daily sweat in from the humidity anyway!! We had bought the length of cruise pass, but were willing to lose that $ to avoid the frustration. When we got our final bill that charge was reversed. I don't know why as we never asked or discussed it with the spa. I'm glad it was not our first Rainforest experience or we would have wondered what was so great about the place.
I impressed that they refunded you, especially unprompted. We were lucky and often had the place to ourselves. We like to go around 6 PM when people on the early seating are at dinner and people on late dinner are getting ready for the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
Loving the report!!! It was the best cruise ever.

I didn't go shopping(), but on St Maarten day we were out on Deck 4 watching folk arrive back from their trips. There were some very late ones returning, so more folks came and watched. One largish group of uniformed people were watching, just ignoring everyone else. We didn't recognise their uniform, so asked, but the reply(merchandise) was very curt and almost rude with no smile or interaction. Both John and I were not impressed as it is not the norm at all when you chat to DCL staff.
I had an issue with a very rude staff member at Mickey's Mates and if I have one regret about this cruise it is that I did not complain about her. she nearly spoiled for me what ended up to be a very magical experience.

Having said that, I had a fabulous experience at Treasure Ketch. One member of staff turned the stock room inside out for me to find me the perfect Dooney and Bourke wristlet. I love it so much and do not leave the house without it.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #81
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Sample of Tapas in Barcelona

Sangria,,,,YUMMMMMMMMMMMM

Our hotel

inside of our elevator loved it!!

Old 10-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #82
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Images of Park Guell

In this last shot, the two buildings are supposed to look like an elephant.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:50 PM   #83
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Old 10-25-2010, 09:54 PM   #84
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

He is everywhere!!!!

Old 10-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #85
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

During the safety drill

Afterwards, I met up with another guest with her Pal Mickey and Planky!!!!

Old 10-26-2010, 07:21 PM   #86
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

September 21 Sea Day

Another day at sea and we had a fun filled day ahead of us. We decided to have brunch in Lumiere’s again and I had eggs and bacon.

In Studio Sea there was going to be a cooking demonstration and I was interested in attending it so off we headed. It was titled Art of Entertaining, Appetizer. Chef Michael Pythoud, Executive Chef of Disney’ Hollywood Studio, Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney Food & Beverage. His last name is pronounced P-2. Great personality and stage presence. He made Seared Sesame-Crusted Tuna with Romaine, Napa Cabbage and Pepper Slaw tossed in a Ginger Dressing. We got to have a taste and sample a wine paired with it. Very tasty and I loved the flavors and the wine was excellent.

After that we went to the Wine Tasting in Animator’s Palate. We sampled Muscato, Pino Noir, Chianti, Red Zinfandel, Shiraz, finally Iron Horse Fairy Tale Champagne. We even watched the gentleman as he used a butter knife to take the cork off the champagne bottle. That was cool.

just click on the picture and watch the short video

I think after that we grabbed a slice of pizza. Then I went to the spa.
When we got back from our individual tours yesterday, I received a message from the Spa that I had won a free facial. On the Spa tour we had entered our names for some drawings and when we didn’t win anything, I didn’t think about it anymore. So this call was a surprise. I had indicated that if I had won anything, I would have wanted to try the Slimming Session. It was fun and I lost almost an inch and half around my waist. I would not do it again but it was interesting and I did enjoy the facial.

We made sure to get pictures with the characters before and after dinner. We walked around the ship and then went to the Cove Café to meet the Geezers. It ended up to be an early evening since we would be touring Madeira and wanted to be ready for our tour.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #87
Blueeyes101817
Diehard Cowboys fan!
Tag trading will not be as profitable as pin trading
Being watched

Really enjoying this report..im getting my cruise and disney fix from you ladies!
Blueeyes101817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:40 PM   #88
BoosGram
Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.

It's a shame the lighting wasn't better at the wine tasting because it was amazing how he took the top off of that bottle. Good stuff, Terry.

BoosGram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #89
tinker1bell
I'll never grow old
YIPPIE SKIPPIE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoosGram View Post
It's a shame the lighting wasn't better at the wine tasting because it was amazing how he took the top off of that bottle. Good stuff, Terry.
Thanks Joanne. I wish there was a way to enhance my video.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:09 AM   #90
LittleDisneyLovers
DIS Veteran

Hi Terry and Steffy, I just found your TR and have been reading it while enjoying my cuppa tea. I am reliving the fun we had and taking tips for the next WBTA we are doing next year. We didn't get around to going to the rainforest room this time, and swore we would next time, I hope the lounger hog family aren't there! Also, bazaar, we totally encountered the rude lady at Mickey's mate, numerous times, I'm glad it wasn't just me!
Keep it coming.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: