Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2010, 12:33 AM   #121
Ginger Renae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funball View Post
i will try and get some photos of the drink menu up..but i won't promse that when you visit those drinks will be the same!
No worries! I just hope they still have the key lime pie martini...then I will be a happy birthday girl!
Ginger Renae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #122
tdashgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkson View Post
Sometimes they charge her the price for the drink with the glow cube (rather than what her drink would have cost), sometimes they charge separately for the cube, sometimes they just give it to her for free. Suffice to say, we have a BUNCH of glowcubes!
Quote:
glow cubes can be purchased seperate then a cocktail.. i think i got mine for $4.00
So what y'all are saying is that I can bring my rather (ahem) large collection of glowcubes and sell them to people at the bars? I had no idea these things were in such demand! I can picture it now ... I'd be like one of those people who hang out by bars/restaurants and try to sell roses to people on dates "psssst...hey...wanna buy a glowcube?"
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2010, 03:27 PM   #123
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

What a fun thread this is! I just love to get a glass of wine in DCA at the Winery. When the park first opened, EVERY trip I had to go there and get a glass of wine because there was finally a Disney park in Caliofornia where you COULD! I'm a little bit over that, but I still like to get a glass of wine there every so often. I really love that we have F&W Festival and for six weeks out of the year, you can get wine all over the place!

But my favorite drink (and I know this isn't fair), is at Club 33. They make a Chocolate Martini to die for!

It's not like I get to go there very often, but I HAVE to have this for dessert when I do go there! The little pastries are just incidentals!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Last edited by franandaj; 10-19-2010 at 03:32 PM.
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #124
aprincess@mail.com
Princess Angie

OMG!! I love this thread!
I had a magic star at ariel's a couple of years ago and it was $10 and sooo delicious! It also had a glowing ice cube that it made it magical.
I think it had rum and blue caracoa, other stuff too.
It was really good!!
WDW Saratoga Springs Spa & Resort Suite June 2007
2008 & 2010 & 2012 Disneyland Season Pass Holder!!!
aprincess@mail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:21 PM   #125
mrsxsparrow
DIS Veteran

Have you guys heard about the Bloody Mary bar at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen? I'm not a fan of bloody marys (I'd much rather have a Mimosa in the morning ) but this looks sort of fun
Old 10-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #126
FlameGirl
I kind of wonder if it is because of a certain expectation
I'd say go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsxsparrow View Post
Have you guys heard about the Bloody Mary bar at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen? I'm not a fan of bloody marys (I'd much rather have a Mimosa in the morning ) but this looks sort of fun
Wow, that is really neat. We have a restaurant here in Seattle that has a Bloody Mary bar at their Sunday brunch too, but it leaves much to be desired. This sounds much better.

Thanks!

ETA: OK, is it just me? Or is rum the weirdest thing to ever go into a Bloody Mary? Yuck.
FlameGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:12 PM   #127
Funball
DIS Veteran

i did read about that bloody mary bar, you can do it on sundays they do this brunch thing.. its seems cool....sorry everyone havn't been updating like i should i just had a life changing incident that i need to take care of, but i will try and do my best!
Funball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #128
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Quote:
i did read about that bloody mary bar, you can do it on sundays they do this brunch thing.. its seems cool....sorry everyone havn't been updating like i should i just had a life changing incident that i need to take care of, but i will try and do my best!
sending good vibes your way that it will all work out for you!
I just stopped to read this thread, what a great idea! we will deffo be trying the wine and chocolate tasting, and I am going to ask for a taste of the magicale. If we like it a lot, we'll get a bottle to take with us to San Francisco where we will be celebrating our acutal 30th anniversary date

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #129
Mouse13
DIS Veteran

OMG! Bloody Mary bar! I am so there! We've been to DLR so many times, but never to the Jazz Kitchen. On Sunday, June 5, this is on our definite must do list because I love a good Bloody Mary.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #130
Funball
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
I just stopped to read this thread, what a great idea! we will deffo be trying the wine and chocolate tasting, and I am going to ask for a taste of the magicale. If we like it a lot, we'll get a bottle to take with us to San Francisco where we will be celebrating our acutal 30th anniversary date

sweet!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #131
tdashgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
But my favorite drink (and I know this isn't fair), is at Club 33. They make a Chocolate Martini to die for!
Yes, soooooooooo not fair It looks yummy!
Old 10-20-2010, 03:23 PM   #132
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
If you like the Magicale I picked up it's sister the Rosa Regale at Cost Plus World Market for $19.99. I have been told it's the same thing but since I haven't had either I don't know for sure, but it's worth checking it out.

That chocolate martini looks heavenly!!!! I wish we could get in there!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:35 PM   #133
Funball
DIS Veteran

port tasting!!

Here is my fab! photo from my port tasting! ok well only a half a port tasting. as i remember AFTER i had eaten some cheese and drank the first glass!

..and FYI, you cannot purchase a bottle of Magicale at DCA, i do not think they allow it, you can purchase it during the food and wine festival...but just like p-wings has said, you can find it at Cost plus world market under a different name!
Old 10-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #134
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Magicale is a Brachetto d'Acqui that Michael Jordan convinced the Winemaker to bottle with the name Magicale and sell it exclusively to Disney. You can find wines from this region which are very similar at many wine stores or high end grocery. I've found it at BevMo and Bristol Farms. It usually runs $20-30 per bottle.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #135
Funball
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Magicale is a Brachetto d'Acqui that Michael Jordan convinced the Winemaker to bottle with the name Magicale and sell it exclusively to Disney. You can find wines from this region which are very similar at many wine stores or high end grocery. I've found it at BevMo and Bristol Farms. It usually runs $20-30 per bottle.

ohh some one mentioned in another thread that at walmart they found it for like i think $12.00!!! an that you can get it in the hotel gift shops , i have never seen it there and was told it was only sold as magicale at the food and festival...

but thanks for the new info!

Tags
adult beverages, drinks, food, sodas, water

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: