Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #976
Montegut
Mouseketeer

Boat from the Contemporary?

We will be making ADRs at restaurants on the Boardwalk during our stay at the Contemporary. Since these will be nicer restaurants, we will probably want to go back to our room to freshen up and change after a day at the park.

What would be the best mode of transportation from the Contemporary to the Boardwalk?

We love to ride in boats, so if it's too long to take a boat to our dining destination, is there a leisurely boat ride we can take as part of making our way back to the Contemporary at the end of the evening?

Thanks!
Montegut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #977
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

There are no boats that run between CR and BW. To travel between these two resorts, you have a few options.
1. from CR to BW...walk over to MK, then bus to BW directly
2. Take monorail to Epcot and then walk through that park to BW
3. bus to DHS and then boat to BW.

You can just reverse any of those after you eat. The boat ride from DHS to BW is about 20 mins. You can also walk along the walkway that runs between DHS and BW.

The only restaurant that you would really want to freshen up for would be Flying Fish. The others are pretty informal and casual. FF is a nicer restaurant though.
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2011, 02:24 PM   #978
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Keep an eye on park closing times.
  1. You can catch a bus from BW back to MK until the park closes, including EMH & MVMCP.
  2. You cannot walk through Epcot to the monorail after the park is closed. If Epcot's in EMH, you will be able to walk through, but you'll probably be taking a bus back to CR rather than the monorail. And you must have admission to Epcot, which means you were in Epcot that day, or you have park-hopping and were in any park that day, or you have annual passes.
  3. You can walk to DHS anytime, but bus service to CR will stop when the park is clear of guests. You should be safe if you arrive at DHS within an hour after closing.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:22 PM   #979
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Best way from DHS to DTD around 5:30pm??

Bus to resort, resort to DTD...or... Boat to Epcot area resorts then Bus to DTD?

Trying to plan for a first timer (which I will never do again) and trying to make it so its not too confusing. TIA
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:39 AM   #980
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockShockBarrel View Post
Best way from DHS to DTD around 5:30pm??

Bus to resort, resort to DTD...or... Boat to Epcot area resorts then Bus to DTD?

Trying to plan for a first timer (which I will never do again) and trying to make it so its not too confusing. TIA
I would recommend boat to S/D, then their bus to DTD...or BW, whichever you think is easier. I would think the boat to the S/D, then walk through the Swan to their bus stop would be the easiest to describe.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:33 AM   #981
ftballfan7
DIS Veteran

We are staying at AKL and have an 8:15 reservation at Shula's tonight. We don't want to drive as we may enjoy a cocktail or three after dinner. We make take a taxi, but are wondering what our other options are. We also may want to go over to the Boardwalk after after dinner, can you walk there relatively easily? Thanks for any assisstance.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:17 AM   #982
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftballfan7 View Post
We are staying at AKL and have an 8:15 reservation at Shula's tonight. We don't want to drive as we may enjoy a cocktail or three after dinner. We make take a taxi, but are wondering what our other options are. We also may want to go over to the Boardwalk after after dinner, can you walk there relatively easily? Thanks for any assisstance.
You could take the bus to DHS, then either boat or walk to Shula's from there. The walk is under 20 mins, the boat ride is about that plus any wait times for the boat to arrive.
Taking a cab after dinner is a good idea. If you didn't, you would have to find either an open park and head there to transfer to the AKL bus, or head to DTD and transfer there...something to be avoided.
Walking to the BW area is quite easy...leave the Dolphin via the 'back door' (so to speak), head to the left and over the bridge. As you head down the bridge, you will see the back entrance to BW..this is also where the walkway to DHS starts.
If you decide to check out the BW area after dinner, I would recommend getting a cab back to AKL there.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #983
heatherbabydoll1
DCLWoman2012

I have been to Disney several times but I have just become a DVC owner and the later part of our vacation we will be staying at OKW. Here is my question: we are planning on going to the party after 5:30 rsv at Cali Grill. What would the best situation to get to dinner. Boat to Downtown to Contemp bus or MK bus and them monerial? Due to medical issues my hubby and I will both be in scooters this year and we have a 12 year old son. So just taking our car would be tough because we can't fit both scooters. Also what about breakfast at kona and mk all day and epcot and other parks. Is there any tricks to getting transportation with scooters?
Old 11-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #984
mom2elle
Earning My Ears

A few questions for you experts! We will be arriving a week from tonight, can't wait!

1. How much time should I plan to get from MK to HDDR? We are planning on taking the boat, assuming that is the most direct way.

2. We have 8 am reservations @ Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, on a day when MK opens @ 9. What time should we plan to leave ASMu? Will be busses be running early enough? When do they start running?

3. We have dinner ADRs @ Boma for 6:45 on a night when AK closes @ 7. Assuming we want to head back to ASMu after dinner, what is the most direct way to get there?

Thanks!!
mom2elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:57 PM   #985
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2elle View Post
A few questions for you experts! We will be arriving a week from tonight, can't wait!

1. How much time should I plan to get from MK to HDDR? We are planning on taking the boat, assuming that is the most direct way.
Sorry, I'm not that familiar with the boats.
Quote:

2. We have 8 am reservations @ Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, on a day when MK opens @ 9. What time should we plan to leave ASMu? Will be busses be running early enough? When do they start running?
Allow 1 hour, including bus wait time. Buses start around 6:30 a.m.
Quote:

3. We have dinner ADRs @ Boma for 6:45 on a night when AK closes @ 7. Assuming we want to head back to ASMu after dinner, what is the most direct way to get there?
Change at Epcot or DHS (unless you want to hire a taxi.)
Old 11-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #986
sarahb01
Mouseketeer

What is the best way to get from the S/D to the Contemporary for breakfast at Chef Mickey's?

This will probably be after my wedding ceremony. I have NO idea how many people or times etc. I just want to know if this would even be a possibility before I get my hopes up.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #987
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahb01 View Post
What is the best way to get from the S/D to the Contemporary for breakfast at Chef Mickey's?

This will probably be after my wedding ceremony. I have NO idea how many people or times etc. I just want to know if this would even be a possibility before I get my hopes up.
Using Disney Transport, that would be a bus to the MK. From there, it's a 10-minute walk to the CR, or you can ride the Resort Monorail. Anytime after 7:30 should be OK, and you should allow 1 hour travel time.

Or you can hire taxis. Seven can squeeze into a taxi van, which charges the same fare as a sedan taxi. Swan to CR will probably be about $15 per taxi.

There always seems to be lots of Mears limos lined up in front of the S & D. I don't know what the deal is; maybe they hire out like taxis. You might check with the hotel.

Last edited by joelkfla; 11-15-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:28 PM   #988
mgm648
Earning My Ears

We are staying at CSR, and we will have our own car. On one of our MK days, we plan on finishing up at HDDR. What are your thoughts on the best way to get around on this day (from CSR to MK to FW back to CSR)? Thanks
Old 11-17-2011, 07:29 AM   #989
kenzieleigh83
Earning My Ears

FIRST TIMER- when to get on bus

We are taking our 3 year old daughter for our first trip Dec. 11. Our first full day there we have Cinderella's Royal Table at 8:15 am and we are staying at Pop Century.

How early should we get on the bus and get to the park? Thanks for your advice!
kenzieleigh83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:40 AM   #990
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzieleigh83 View Post
We are taking our 3 year old daughter for our first trip Dec. 11. Our first full day there we have Cinderella's Royal Table at 8:15 am and we are staying at Pop Century.

How early should we get on the bus and get to the park? Thanks for your advice!
I would be at the bus stop at 7:15.

Alesia is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: