Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2010, 09:43 AM   #31
skelooch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Okay, since I'm the first one here, I might as well just ask the question I'm sure is on everyone's mind...

What is the best way to get to O'hana's for breakfast from Port Orleans Riverside? I have a 7:30 am ressie, and I'm not scared to get up early

Carey
FWIW another option and by far the fastest would be to take a taxi, approx a $10-$12 fare and a 10 minute trip at most. And you won't have to get up early.

2003 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Oct-BCV++++2004 Feb-BCV, Mar-BCV, May-BCV, Nov-BCV
2005 Mar-BCV,May-BCV, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV++++2006 Feb-BCV,May-VB,VWL & BCV,Sep-BCV,Nov-BCV
2007 Feb-BCV,May-BCV,May-OKW,Sep-BCV,Nov-OKW++++2008 Feb-BCV, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Nov-BCV
2009 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Aug-OKW, Sep-OKW, Nov-BCV++++ 2010 Feb-BLT&OKW, Apr-OKW, May-OKW, Jul-OKW, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV
2011 Feb-OKW, May- OKW, Aug-AKV, Sep-OKW, Oct-OKW, Nov-OKW
2012 Feb-OKW, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Sep-OKW, Nov-OKW, Dec-OKW
2013 Jan, Feb, April, May, Jul, Oct, Nov,
skelooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #32
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

I want to get from DTD Westside to DHS without a huge amount of stress and time. Taxi? If so, how much? I'm still deciding if I can do this trip without a car - I would like to save the almost $300 it would cost for a minivan.
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2010, 11:06 AM   #33
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsbgoofy View Post
I want to get from DTD Westside to DHS without a huge amount of stress and time. Taxi? If so, how much? I'm still deciding if I can do this trip without a car - I would like to save the almost $300 it would cost for a minivan.
Bus to Dolphin/Swan, walk or boat to DHS.

Or, yes, taxi. See the Popular Transportation Links sticky for the [Mears] taxi fare estimator, but it's not far - maybe $10?
kaytieeldr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #34
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelooch View Post
FWIW another option and by far the fastest would be to take a taxi, approx a $10-$12 fare and a 10 minute trip at most. And you won't have to get up early.
Mm... I checked my original response. I did suggest "or take a taxi" as the alternative. The WDW option was offered first because the person asking doesn't mind getting up early. It always makes sense to tailor recommendations to the specific person, one's own preferences notwithstanding.
kaytieeldr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #35
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

International gateway

We are thinking about a quick trip in December, staying at the Beach Club to try it. I use an ECV and the monorail is so easy for us, so I am a bit leery of the BC with its more limited monorail access. We love to eat at the Wave in the Contemporary, and a few of the GF restaurants. I assume if the World Showcase is closed the International Gateway is closed also which means we can't get to the Epcot monorail? In that case, is the best route to take a bus to MK and walk or use the resort monorail?

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
cmesq61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:31 AM   #36
skelooch
DIS Veteran

If EPCOT is open then the IG is open, you can still cut thru EPCOT to get to the monorail.

2005 Mar-BCV,May-BCV, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV++++2006 Feb-BCV,May-VB,VWL & BCV,Sep-BCV,Nov-BCV
2007 Feb-BCV,May-BCV,May-OKW,Sep-BCV,Nov-OKW++++2008 Feb-BCV, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Nov-BCV
2009 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Aug-OKW, Sep-OKW, Nov-BCV++++ 2010 Feb-BLT&OKW, Apr-OKW, May-OKW, Jul-OKW, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV
Old 10-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #37
skelooch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
Mm... I checked my original response. I did suggest "or take a taxi" as the alternative. The WDW option was offered first because the person asking doesn't mind getting up early. It always makes sense to tailor recommendations to the specific person, one's own preferences notwithstanding.
I did see that you had mentioned taking a taxi, I simply was letting the poster know what the approx cost and time required for that option would be so that he/she would have a little more information to make their decision.
I believe the more information you have the easier it becomes to decide what's best for you.
That's supposed to be what this thread is all about.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #38
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Make life easy. Allocate some of the savings toward taxis.

DTD--DHS Either walk to SSR and take the bus to DHS or take the bus to S/D then walk. I'd probably get on the first bus to any of the EPCOT resorts.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #39
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
We are thinking about a quick trip in December, staying at the Beach Club to try it. I use an ECV and the monorail is so easy for us, so I am a bit leery of the BC with its more limited monorail access. We love to eat at the Wave in the Contemporary, and a few of the GF restaurants. I assume if the World Showcase is closed the International Gateway is closed also which means we can't get to the Epcot monorail? In that case, is the best route to take a bus to MK and walk or use the resort monorail?
You will be able to get into Epcot via the IG as official park opening time....9 on regular days, 8 for EMH days. You can then just go through WS and to FutureWorld and then out of the park onto the monorail.
Or just take the bus to MK from BC and then use the sidewalk over to the CR. My issue with using the monorail from Epcot would be the 15 or so mins you are going to need to get from IG to the front of the park, then wait for the monorail to TTC, then transfer to the Resort monorail and go directly to CR or the Express monorail and go to MK..either way you are making a transfer..which can take time.
The bus may be much shorter timewise.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #40
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
Monorail works better for you then other modes of transportation. You like to eat in restaurants located in monorail resorts.

I like the EPCOT resorts but if I was in your situation I'd stay in a monorail resort.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #41
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

Quote:
Or, yes, taxi. See the Popular Transportation Links sticky for the [Mears] taxi fare estimator, but it's not far - maybe $10?
I tried the Mears estimator, but DTD Westside and DHS were not 2 of the options on the pull-down. Maybe I was doing something wrong?

Quote:
Make life easy. Allocate some of the savings toward taxis.
I'm definitely leaning in that direction! $10 or so is worth not wasting an hour of our vacation.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #42
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Lewisc;I like the EPCOT resorts but if I was in your situation I'd stay in a monorail resort.[/QUOTE]

We agree with you but none of the monorail resorts have any availability (other than some fancy rooms for $10,000+ for the trip!) so we thought we'd branch out and try an Epcot resort. We've eaten around the Epcot resort area and the hotels are lovely. I should not let transportation issues bother me, but freely admit I have a bus phobia! Also, I know that depending on water levels, some boats are not always ECV accessible.

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
cmesq61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #43
skelooch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm definitely leaning in that direction! $10 or so is worth not wasting an hour of our vacation.
I couldn't agree more, vacations are 2 things, to short and to expensive. $10 is a tiny portion of the cost of a vacation the hour or more of my families time is far more valuable to me. The $10 I'll have again the time is gone forever.

I like Lewisc comment about allocating some of the money not used for renting toward the use of taxis to save as much of your vacation time as possible.

I hope you have a great vacation.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #44
BDL
DIS Veteran

Question 2 Seperate Resort to Resort A to B's

Hi All:

I have 2 back to back breakfast buffets, on consecutive days, during my vacation. I had resided myself to taking cabs. But if anyone can give me a better way, I'd appreciate it.

1) Port Orleans Riverside to the Polynesian for a 7:40am breakfast at Kona

2) Port Orleans Riverside to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for a 9:20am breakfast at Boma

Any tips would be appreciated.

Last edited by BDL; 10-11-2010 at 03:09 PM. Reason: omission
BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #45
skelooch
DIS Veteran

There are obviously other ways via Disney Transportation, but the operative word here is "better" it depends on what you would consider "better".

If not having to pay for your transportation then Disney Transportation is better.

If saving as much time as you can and getting there as quickly as you can then taxis are better.

Only you can decide which is "better" for you.

Enjoy your trip

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: