Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #1891
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Hi,

I will be staying at SSR hopefully in the Congress Park section. I will be going to a Yankees/Braves Spring training game on 2/24 at Wide World of Sports. I have found out the the buses only run from the All stars, CBR and Pop so I think I should walk to Downtown Disney and catch a bus to one of those resorts, but where do you catch the buses to Wide World from the resorts that offer WWS bus service??

Help if you can if not I will ask the resort when I arrive how to get there!

Thank you
~Nannette

nannette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #1892
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I would just take a cab. The buses at DTD, both to and from the resorts, are notoriously slow. It makes much more sense to take a cab to WWoS.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #1893
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Hi,

I will be staying at SSR hopefully in the Congress Park section. I will be going to a Yankees/Braves Spring training game on 2/24 at Wide World of Sports. I have found out the the buses only run from the All stars, CBR and Pop so I think I should walk to Downtown Disney and catch a bus to one of those resorts, but where do you catch the buses to Wide World from the resorts that offer WWS bus service??

Help if you can if not I will ask the resort when I arrive how to get there!

Thank you
~Nannette
Pop would be the best option. The DTD bus goes to the 1st (front) load zone; the EWWS bus loads at the last one, closest to the lobby. The sign at the load zone just says "Bus Only," but there is usually an A-frame sign on the ground for EWWS. It is behind the DHS load zone.

You will need to allow plenty of time. The bus from DTD will probably stop at TL on the way to Pop, so it could take 45 minutes just on the bus. The Marketpace bus stop is currently closed for refurbishment, and may or may not reopen by 2/24, so you may need to also allow extra walk time to get to the PI bus stop (by Planet Hollywood.) The EWWS bus usually leaves Pop between :05 and :10 minutes after the hour and half-hour, and arrives at EWWS around :25 & :55 -- but it may be running off schedule and taking longer due to heavy traffic into EWWS for a Yankees game.

Taking all that into consideration, plus the normal time to get into a stadium, find your seat, get settled, I think 3 hours before game time might be a reasonable time to leave SSR.

At CBR, the EWWS bus only stops at the Custom House, which is a few minutes walk from Barbados, the last of 7 stops for the DTD bus. The bus from AS Sports to EWWS takes about the same time as the bus from Pop, but the ride from DTD to Sports is about 10 minutes longer than to Pop.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #1894
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Wow Thanks Joel... Maybe a rental car will work better!

~Nannette

Old 02-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #1895
nannette

Or a cab

~Nannette

Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #1896
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow Thanks Joel... Maybe a rental car will work better!
Quote:
Or a cab
Yes, but still, it would be good to leave early, in case traffic backs up. Games involving one of the NY teams are among the most popular.

And keep in mind that if traffic is backed up, the taxi fare will be higher than normal due to wait time in traffic.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #1897
nannette

Thanks Joel... I'll just play it all by ear since it's just me this trip!! I have plenty of time to get there!

~Nannette

Old 02-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #1898
tstidm1
DIS Veteran

Have 7:40 PM on the first night of my trip at Flying Fish. Would it be smart for me to go through Epcot on the way back to All Stars or just take a taxi? I would probably just go through Epcot on the way there to get some park time in, so I wouldn't need Park Hopper to get back in.
June 2011 Off Site
July 2012 Pop Century
March 2013 All Star Sports
July 2014 Dis Exclusive ABD Backstage Magic

Maybe March 2015 trip to Universal Orlando (Going to the Dark Side maybe).
tstidm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #1899
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstidm1 View Post
Have 7:40 PM on the first night of my trip at Flying Fish. Would it be smart for me to go through Epcot on the way back to All Stars or just take a taxi? I would probably just go through Epcot on the way there to get some park time in, so I wouldn't need Park Hopper to get back in.
I would just play it by ear.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #1900
sammyjo1871
Mouseketeer

taxi from CBR to 'Ohana

After going to MNSSHP, thinking of sleeping in a bit, then heading to 'Ohana for breakfast with Lilo and Stitch. I'm certain the fastest way would be taxi, but about how long to allow? And what's the approximate cost one way? After 'Ohana, we'll walk over to TTC and take monorail to Epcot for rest of the day.

Me DS6

sammyjo1871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #1901
skelooch
DIS Veteran

From Old Port Royal, taxi cost should be approx $19-$21 plus tip and take no more than 15-20 depending on traffic and how many lights you hit. There's several different ways the cab could take, but the fare shouldn't vary that much between them.

2003 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Oct-BCV++++2004 Feb-BCV, Mar-BCV, May-BCV, Nov-BCV
2005 Mar-BCV,May-BCV, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV++++2006 Feb-BCV,May-VB,VWL & BCV,Sep-BCV,Nov-BCV
2007 Feb-BCV,May-BCV,May-OKW,Sep-BCV,Nov-OKW++++2008 Feb-BCV, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Nov-BCV
2009 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Aug-OKW, Sep-OKW, Nov-BCV++++ 2010 Feb-BLT&OKW, Apr-OKW, May-OKW, Jul-OKW, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV
2011 Feb-OKW, May- OKW, Aug-AKV, Sep-OKW, Oct-OKW, Nov-OKW
2012 Feb-OKW, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Sep-OKW, Nov-OKW, Dec-OKW
2013 Jan, Feb, April, May, Jul, Oct, Nov,
skelooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:56 AM   #1902
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstidm1 View Post
I love FF for dinner!!! But, it isn't a meal to be rushed through. So, you may not get out of there until close to 9pm. If Epcot closes at 9 that night, it may be hard to get back to the buses. You can try to get in at the IG. If you are denied, just walk back to the BC and get a cab from there.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #1903
Carol97
Mouseketeer

How to get to Cape May?

How would I get from the MK to Cape May Cafe and then back to The All Star Movies Resort? Can you also tell me how long it would take to go from each point so that I know how to plan?

Carol97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #1904
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol97 View Post
How would I get from the MK to Cape May Cafe and then back to The All Star Movies Resort? Can you also tell me how long it would take to go from each point so that I know how to plan?
To get from MK to cape may, you'll just take a direct bus. I would give it 45 minutes or so.

Getting back ASM depends on what time of day you're talking about. You'll need to either transfer at a park or DTD.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #1905
johnnydakota
Earning My Ears

Not sure if this post belongs here but...

We are staying at Pop Century. About 10 years ago, I went to a Disney store that sold discontinued merchandise from the parks. Disney, Universal, etc. I believe it was somewhere on I-Drive

First, is this store, or one like it still there? And what would be the cheapest option to get there? Chances are this will be a last day event and we have quite a bit of time before having to get to the airport.
johnnydakota is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: