Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #1876
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackspal View Post
(OKW or POR) to SSR & SSR to Downtown Disney. Is it the same ferry or 2 different ferries

There's no boat service between any of those 3 resorts; each resort has a separate boat to DTD.
  • The SSR & OKW boats dock at PI.
  • The PO boat docks at MktPl, and serves both POFQ & POR.
  • Separate boats run between the PI & MktPl docks (as well as West Side); the 3 DTD docks are also all within easy walking distance of one another.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #1877
bentopher
Mouseketeer

I have a dinner reservation at the Beach Club: Cape May Cafe.

I don't know if I'll still be at Magic Kingdom to get the bus directly there. So just in case..

What is the best/quickest way to get from POP to the Beach Club, and then back again?

Thanks

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #1878
phi2012
Mouseketeer

Just found this amazing thread and hoping that some of you knowledgeable people out there can help me with planning our transport around Disney. We have been to Disney a number of times before but never stayed on site or not had a car before so this trip will be very new to us. We will also be travelling with our 2 young kids so will have buggies and am a bit unsure of the times etc for transport so any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

We are staying at okw and as on the dining plan will be eating at many of the other resorts during our 15 night stay. Im afraid ive got lots of questions so hopefully you can answer some of them for me.

Firstly, How long does it take in general to get to the other resorts and how best do we do that? For example we will be dining at ohanas for breakfast at 7.30 am and also in the evening so I assume we would use buses to get to the poly then the monorail, but do they work that early in the morning (or earlier to get us there for that time in fact). Other resorts are akl, contemporary, beach club, grand Floridian, and wilderness lodge (a lot I know, sorry )

Secondly, How long does the ferry take to dtd or is a bus generally quicker?

Are all the parks roughly the same distance away and is it just one bus id need to get on to get to each or will we need to transfer buses or that.

We were thinking of getting a car hire for 1 day from the Disney car care centre near the ticket centre and I was planning on getting the car pretty early in the morning when it opened around 6.30am how would I get there at this time as I assume buses don't run? Is a taxi my only option?

Think that's all the questions for now and again sorry for the length and hope you may be able to help advise us.

Thanks
Old 01-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #1879
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
I have a dinner reservation at the Beach Club: Cape May Cafe.

I don't know if I'll still be at Magic Kingdom to get the bus directly there. So just in case..

What is the best/quickest way to get from POP to the Beach Club, and then back again?

Thanks
You can go to DHS and then take the boat (or walk) to BC. That will take you at least an hour. Or, if you want to get there more quickly, just take a cab from Pop over to BC. It's about an 8 min ride and should be under $10 each way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi2012 View Post
Just found this amazing thread and hoping that some of you knowledgeable people out there can help me with planning our transport around Disney. We have been to Disney a number of times before but never stayed on site or not had a car before so this trip will be very new to us. We will also be travelling with our 2 young kids so will have buggies and am a bit unsure of the times etc for transport so any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

We are staying at okw and as on the dining plan will be eating at many of the other resorts during our 15 night stay. Im afraid ive got lots of questions so hopefully you can answer some of them for me.

Firstly, How long does it take in general to get to the other resorts and how best do we do that? For example we will be dining at ohanas for breakfast at 7.30 am and also in the evening so I assume we would use buses to get to the poly then the monorail, but do they work that early in the morning (or earlier to get us there for that time in fact). Other resorts are akl, contemporary, beach club, grand Floridian, and wilderness lodge (a lot I know, sorry )

Secondly, How long does the ferry take to dtd or is a bus generally quicker?

Are all the parks roughly the same distance away and is it just one bus id need to get on to get to each or will we need to transfer buses or that.

We were thinking of getting a car hire for 1 day from the Disney car care centre near the ticket centre and I was planning on getting the car pretty early in the morning when it opened around 6.30am how would I get there at this time as I assume buses don't run? Is a taxi my only option?

Think that's all the questions for now and again sorry for the length and hope you may be able to help advise us.

Thanks
You will find transportation to be fairly easy once you get there and start using it. The weak part of Disney transportation is resort to resort though. So, for instance, if you want to go from OKW to the Polynesian, you would have to take the bus to the MK, and then either the boat or the monorail over to the Polynesian. The best idea is to use a park as a transfer spot when going from resort to resort..unless there is a boat, monorail, or foot path between the resorts. To get to a 7:30am ADR at 'Ohana, you need to be out at the MK bus stop by 6:30, no later. When you get to MK, head right up to the monorail platform...it starts running by 7am each morning. It will take about 15 mins to get to the Polynesian. OR, you can ask the bus driver, when you board the bus, what is the fastest way from the MK to the Polynesian. The driver may very well offer to drop you off at the Polynesian on his way out of that area. Not a sure thing, but it happens fairly often.

Buses will be running from each resort to the parks at 6:30am, every day. BUT...they don't run as frequently as the regular buses do. So, plan on one arriving every 25 or so mins.

To get to any of the MK resorts, for ADRs, take the bus to MK. For the CR, you are better off just walking there...takes under 10 mins along a sidewalk that runs beneath the monorail line. For WL, you can take the boat from the MK or one from the CR. For the GF, either the small boat, or the monorail.
For the Epcot resorts, take the bus to DHS and then either walk or take the boat to the BW, S/D, YC/BC. You can go to Epcot but you have to actually enter the park to get out that back door. With DHS, you get off the bus, and then walk right past the entrance..no going into the park.
For AKL, take the bus to AK and then transfer to the AKL bus.
You can use DTD as a transfer place as well, but it can take much longer than using a park. For some reason, the buses to and from DTD take forever!!!

As far as renting a car from the CCC, I know you can schedule a pickup with them, but I'm not sure how early you can do that. Call them the day before you want to rent the car and ask them....they can tell you how early they can come out and get you. If all else fails, just take a cab.

The parks are all about a 15-20 min rided...some are a bit closer, others a bit further. You will take the bus directly to that particular park. The bus may make stops at other resorts, but you won't have to transfer.

Hope this helps a bit. You will be surprised at how easy it is to use the transportation at WDW. You just have to figure on the right amount of time. I usually recommend leaving an hour to get from place to place, Disney recommends 90 mins. It's never taken me that long, even going from resort to resort and having to transfer!!

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #1880
chasshan
calgirl6

Hi,
Does anyone know of any past threads showing average cab/taxi fares between resorts and DTD?

I've tried searching and can't find anything.

I've never been in a taxi before and have no clue what fares cost.
I just don't want any surprises.

We've used disney transportation before and are pretty familiar with it, but we need to maximize our time as it is a short trip. Right now I think our only opportunity to see DTD is on our arrival day. By the time we check in at Boardwalk and then eat dinner at the Flying Fish, we will have only 2-3 hours for DTD, including travel time. This is assuming DTD closes at 11pm on Thursday, May 2nd.

Thanks for any help or pointers!
Shanna
chasshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #1881
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasshan View Post
Hi,
Does anyone know of any past threads showing average cab/taxi fares between resorts and DTD?

I've tried searching and can't find anything.

I've never been in a taxi before and have no clue what fares cost.
I just don't want any surprises.

We've used disney transportation before and are pretty familiar with it, but we need to maximize our time as it is a short trip. Right now I think our only opportunity to see DTD is on our arrival day. By the time we check in at Boardwalk and then eat dinner at the Flying Fish, we will have only 2-3 hours for DTD, including travel time. This is assuming DTD closes at 11pm on Thursday, May 2nd.

Thanks for any help or pointers!
Shanna
taxifarefinder.com is your friend.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #1882
chasshan
calgirl6

Thanks so much!
I knew there had to be something out there that could help.
Shanna
chasshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #1883
JillMSH
Earning My Ears

I'm thinking of making ressies at WCC for dinner after going to Epcot. I'm assuming there will be a bus to get us to the WL, but how difficult will it be to get back to As Sports after dinner?

We have a rental car, so I'm thinking it may be easier to go back to our resort after Epcot and drive to WL?

Thoughts? Thank you so much! What a great thread!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #1884
skelooch
DIS Veteran

Save the time of going back to your resort and drive to EPCOT that day and then just drive directly to WL.

2003 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Oct-BCV++++2004 Feb-BCV, Mar-BCV, May-BCV, Nov-BCV
2005 Mar-BCV,May-BCV, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV++++2006 Feb-BCV,May-VB,VWL & BCV,Sep-BCV,Nov-BCV
2007 Feb-BCV,May-BCV,May-OKW,Sep-BCV,Nov-OKW++++2008 Feb-BCV, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Nov-BCV
2009 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Aug-OKW, Sep-OKW, Nov-BCV++++ 2010 Feb-BLT&OKW, Apr-OKW, May-OKW, Jul-OKW, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV
2011 Feb-OKW, May- OKW, Aug-AKV, Sep-OKW, Oct-OKW, Nov-OKW
2012 Feb-OKW, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Sep-OKW, Nov-OKW, Dec-OKW
2013 Jan, Feb, April, May, Jul, Oct, Nov,
skelooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #1885
sommergirl25
Mouseketeer

Help with Transportation

Hi everyone! We are about to head to the World and I am getting a little anxious about the busses. Here is our Itinerary. Could you help me get to where we are going? Thanks!

1. Arrive to All Star Movies at 12:30. Check in then head to DTD for lunch. Go back to Movies then Dinner at 7:00 at Chef Mickey

2. Movies to Magic Kingdom for 8:05 pre park opening Crystal Palace Breakfast. How early should we leave?

3. Movies to Epcot.

4. Movies to Hollywood Studios.

5. Movies to O'hana for 6:35 dinner.

6. Movies to Animal Kingdom. Back to room. then Movies to Beach Club for Cape May Cafe 5:00 ressie. Epcot back to Movies

I appreciate any advice.
sommergirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #1886
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommergirl25 View Post
Hi everyone! We are about to head to the World and I am getting a little anxious about the busses. Here is our Itinerary. Could you help me get to where we are going? Thanks!

1. Arrive to All Star Movies at 12:30. Check in then head to DTD for lunch. Go back to Movies then Dinner at 7:00 at Chef Mickey

2. Movies to Magic Kingdom for 8:05 pre park opening Crystal Palace Breakfast. How early should we leave?

3. Movies to Epcot.

4. Movies to Hollywood Studios.

5. Movies to O'hana for 6:35 dinner.

6. Movies to Animal Kingdom. Back to room. then Movies to Beach Club for Cape May Cafe 5:00 ressie. Epcot back to Movies

I appreciate any advice.
1. Bus to DTD. For dinner, bus to MK, walk to CR.

2. I'd say be at the bus stop by 7. Buses come a little less frequently that early.

3. Bus

4. Bus

5. Bus to MK, monorail to Poly.

6. It would really be easier to go from AK to Beach Club rather than go back to Movies first. To get from Movies to Beach Club using WDW transportation you'd have to take the bus to DHS, then either walk or take the boat to Beach Club. If you're going to go into Epcot after dinner, just take the bus back to Movies when you're done.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #1887
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren

1. Bus to DTD. For dinner, bus to MK, walk to CR.

2. I'd say be at the bus stop by 7. Buses come a little less frequently that early.

3. Bus

4. Bus

5. Bus to MK, monorail to Poly.

6. It would really be easier to go from AK to Beach Club rather than go back to Movies first. To get from Movies to Beach Club using WDW transportation you'd have to take the bus to DHS, then either walk or take the boat to Beach Club. If you're going to go into Epcot after dinner, just take the bus back to Movies when you're done.
I agree with pretty much everything here. . On #1 if you find yourself still at DTD come close to 6 ish, just get the bus directly to CR for your ChefMickey's ressie. I also agree with #6, going directly to BC from AK would be much easier.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #1888
sommergirl25
Mouseketeer

Thank you both!
sommergirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #1889
JM1226
Mouseketeer

Need to know how to get to the following resorts from Art of Animation and approx how much time to allow for travel to make my ADR's on time. For ex: most of my ressies are for 5pm.

1. Grand Floridian
2. Contemporary
3. Polynesian

Newbie here...so any other tips are greatly appreciated!!
JM1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #1890
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM1226 View Post
Need to know how to get to the following resorts from Art of Animation and approx how much time to allow for travel to make my ADR's on time. For ex: most of my ressies are for 5pm.

1. Grand Floridian
2. Contemporary
3. Polynesian

Newbie here...so any other tips are greatly appreciated!!
For all three take the bus to MK then get on the monorail, or for the Contemporary you can walk. I'd say give yourself an hour just in case you just miss a bus.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: