Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #1801
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Michele View Post
I am looking for some advice on the best way to get to and between parks on Saturday, 11/24/12. We will be driving from Port Orleans Riverside and going to Epcot in the morning and then going to the Magic Kingdom from Epcot for dinner at Be Our Guest. Would it be faster for us to park at the TTC in the morning and take the monorail to Epcot and then take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom? Or would it be faster to drive to Epcot and park in the morning and then drive to the TTC for the monorail for dinner?

If we park at the TTC in the morning and use the monorail how long will it take to get to Epcot and how long will it take to get from Epcot to the Magic Kingdom?

If we drive from Epcot to the TTC how much time will we need to allow to get from Epct to the gates at the Magic Kingdom?

Thank you for your help.

Michele
If you park at the TTC in the morning and take the monorail over to Epcot, figure on about 30 mins....actual ride time in addition to possible wait times. Will probably be less though. Then, for your return to TTC, it all depends on where you are in Epcot. IF you're in WS you are going to have to add about 15/20 mins to your time since you will have to trek through the entire park and out to the monorail. Then, figure about 30 mins (tops) from Epcot to TTC, then 10/15 mins over to MK.

If you drive from Epcot, figure on about 20 mins total..from the park exit to the car to the TTC. Then add on another 15 mins to get to MK.

I would be very tempted to just take the bus in the morning, from POR, to Epcot. Then, monorail to TTC and express monorail to MK. When it's time to head back to POR, take the bus.

But, that's up to each person.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #1802
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post

I would be very tempted to just take the bus in the morning, from POR, to Epcot. Then, monorail to TTC and express monorail to MK. When it's time to head back to POR, take the bus.
That's what I would do. Using Disney transportation would be so much easier (and probably faster.)

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #1803
AllieV
DIS Veteran

We'll be staying at BLT in late April 2013. We want to drop off the little one at a kids' club then hit dinner in the same hotel. There are kids' clubs at Poly, GF, and Wildnerness. They're open till midnite. How should we get to/from each of these, especially late at night? Not sure how late boats, etc will be running. Are there cabs readily out front for the ride back? We are not renting a car. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #1804
DonnaL
DIS Veteran

Since you're staying at BLT....a MK area resort and the others are also MK area resorts....cab fare will be minimal to/from any of them....so...since it will be late at night and you will have a smaller child with you....I wouldn't even worry about using Disney transport.....unless it were monorail AND MK didn't have a late night. If you were staying further away....say AKV...cab fare would probably be in the $20 range plus tip.
DonnaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:45 AM   #1805
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

I think I've figured out how to get from our resorts (OKW/BLT/BWV) to the various parks and DTD.

However, towards the end of our trip we're renting a car from Dollar which is at Wyndham Lake Buena Vista ... is this the same as Wyndham Bonnet Creek? And how would I get from either Bay Lake Tower, or more likely, Animal Kingdom to Wyndham Lake Buena Vista to pick up the car? (Or send DH as the case may be...)
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:31 AM   #1806
skelooch
DIS Veteran

The Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort is located on Hotel Plaza Blvd, a very short walk from the DTD Marketplace.
(It is not the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort)
So all you need to do is bus to DTD, get off at the marketplace bus stop, (usually the first stop) and you can walk over to the Wyndham Resort in about 5 minutes, approx 1/4 mile. The Dollar desk is located in the lobby of the hotel.

I believe you can also arrange through Dollar for them to pick you up at your resort, (or any onsite disney location) and bring you to the rental location, and return you to your resort upon returning the car.
Their hours are 8:00am to 6:00pm daily, phone is 407-583-8000.

2003 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Oct-BCV++++2004 Feb-BCV, Mar-BCV, May-BCV, Nov-BCV
2005 Mar-BCV,May-BCV, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV++++2006 Feb-BCV,May-VB,VWL & BCV,Sep-BCV,Nov-BCV
2007 Feb-BCV,May-BCV,May-OKW,Sep-BCV,Nov-OKW++++2008 Feb-BCV, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Nov-BCV
2009 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Aug-OKW, Sep-OKW, Nov-BCV++++ 2010 Feb-BLT&OKW, Apr-OKW, May-OKW, Jul-OKW, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV
2011 Feb-OKW, May- OKW, Aug-AKV, Sep-OKW, Oct-OKW, Nov-OKW
2012 Feb-OKW, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Sep-OKW, Nov-OKW, Dec-OKW
2013 Jan, Feb, April, May, Jul, Oct, Nov,
skelooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #1807
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelooch View Post
The Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort is located on Hotel Plaza Blvd, a very short walk from the DTD Marketplace.
(It is not the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort)
So all you need to do is bus to DTD, get off at the marketplace bus stop, (usually the first stop) and you can walk over to the Wyndham Resort in about 5 minutes, approx 1/4 mile. The Dollar desk is located in the lobby of the hotel.

I believe you can also arrange through Dollar for them to pick you up at your resort, (or any onsite disney location) and bring you to the rental location, and return you to your resort upon returning the car.
Their hours are 8:00am to 6:00pm daily, phone is 407-583-8000.
Thanks so much! After perusing the map for awhile I figured out that there were multiple Wyndhams in WDW ... crazy how big it is! So much harder than figuring out DLR, but I'm hoping by the end of this trip we'll get the hang of it!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #1808
sigepmike
Mouseketeer

We need to get to MK about 1:15 before it opens. I assume the best way will be a bus? If I remember correctly, the boats will not be running that early. Is this correct?
sigepmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #1809
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigepmike View Post
We need to get to MK about 1:15 before it opens. I assume the best way will be a bus? If I remember correctly, the boats will not be running that early. Is this correct?
So, you need to be there about 7:30ish??? I would double check at WL and see what time the boats start running. Ask the boat captains...not inside the resort!!!
If the boats aren't running, there will be buses. Buses start running at 6:30am. Be out at the bus stop no later than 6:50ish.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #1810
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigepmike View Post
Probably. Where are you coming from and what time does MK open that day?

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #1811
sigepmike
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink
So, you need to be there about 7:30ish??? I would double check at WL and see what time the boats start running. Ask the boat captains...not inside the resort!!!
If the boats aren't running, there will be buses. Buses start running at 6:30am. Be out at the bus stop no later than 6:50ish.
Thanks. Thats what I was thinking.
sigepmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #1812
JayhawkFans
Mouseketeer

** I apologize in advance if some of these questions have been previously answered .. just found this thread today ***

DD (age 11) and I will be at WDW for a short 4 day / 3 night trip arriving this Saturday (Dec 15). I'm thinking we will try Disney transportation this trip vs. having a rental car. My concern is transfer time park to park. How much time can we expect to spend for the following:

Saturday:
ASMovies to HS leaving resort about 5:45 p.m.?
HS to MK leaving HS around 8:30 p.m.?
Will bus drop us off at TTC or at the main gate of MK if we catch bus at HS?

Sunday: no questions about transfers on Sunday

Monday:
ASMovies to MK for rope drop (how early should we plan to be at bus stop?)
MK to AK leaving MK around 1:00? I'm assuming we have to catch a bus from the TTC from MK to AK? Then I think we'll catch bus back to MK when done at AK.

Disney Dream - 1/12/14- 4-night Bahamian
Disney Dream - 9/26/13- 3-night Bahamian
JayhawkFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #1813
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkFans View Post
** I apologize in advance if some of these questions have been previously answered .. just found this thread today ***

DD (age 11) and I will be at WDW for a short 4 day / 3 night trip arriving this Saturday (Dec 15). I'm thinking we will try Disney transportation this trip vs. having a rental car. My concern is transfer time park to park. How much time can we expect to spend for the following:

Saturday:
ASMovies to HS leaving resort about 5:45 p.m.?
HS to MK leaving HS around 8:30 p.m.?
Will bus drop us off at TTC or at the main gate of MK if we catch bus at HS?

Sunday: no questions about transfers on Sunday

Monday:
ASMovies to MK for rope drop (how early should we plan to be at bus stop?)
MK to AK leaving MK around 1:00? I'm assuming we have to catch a bus from the TTC from MK to AK? Then I think we'll catch bus back to MK when done at AK.
For each of your trips, allow 1 hour.

The trips from ASM to the parks will usually take about half that, but you want to allow the extra time for the possibility of being left behind by a full bus, or for a bus running late.

All buses between MK and other parks do go to the TTC, not the MK gate.

For MK rope drop, plan to arrive at least 20 minutes before the scheduled opening, so you'll have time to get into the secured area for the opening show, which is done on the train tracks above the entrance.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #1814
luv2boys
DVC Boardwalk Villas

Can u get to blizzard beach from ttc/mk by bus?
luv2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #1815
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2boys View Post
Can u get to blizzard beach from ttc/mk by bus?
Not directly.

Quickest way is to walk to a nearby resort and get the bus there. From MK, walk to CR; from TTC, walk to Poly.

If you're not up to the walk, you can also take the Resort Monorail one stop. You can also take a boat from MK to a resort, but the walk from the boat dock to the bus stop is almost as far as the walk from MK to CR.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: