Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 12:02 AM   #1726
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
To get from DHS to DTD would we walk over to Boardwalk then take the bus to DTD? Is that the bus ride that takes forever? We were trying to avoid having to take a cab but do you think in this case it's the only way to go? If so, which cab service, Mears?
No direct bus, but lots of options:
  • Walk to BW, bus to DTD
  • Boat to Swan, bus to DTD
  • Bus to Pop or AoA, bus to DTD
  • Bus to OKW, boat to DTD PI
  • Bus to POFQ, boat to DTD Marketplace
  • Bus to SSR Congress Park stop, walk to DTD Marketplace
Buses out of DTD take a long time; buses into DTD are no worse than any theme park, except that they stop at TL before 11 a.m.

It's hard to say which route is fastest; everybody seems to have their personal favorite. If you're going to Marketplace and don't mind the 1/2 mi. walk, I vote for the bus to SSR. If you're not in a rush, the boat ride from POFQ or OKW is very nice.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:10 AM   #1727
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelkfla View Post
No direct bus, but lots of options:
  • Walk to BW, bus to DTD
  • Boat to Swan, bus to DTD
  • Bus to Pop or AoA, bus to DTD
  • Bus to OKW, boat to DTD PI
  • Bus to POFQ, boat to DTD Marketplace
  • Bus to SSR Congress Park stop, walk to DTD Marketplace
Buses out of DTD take a long time; buses into DTD are no worse than any theme park, except that they stop at TL before 11 a.m.

It's hard to say which route is fastest; everybody seems to have their personal favorite. If you're going to Marketplace and don't mind the 1/2 mi. walk, I vote for the bus to SSR. If you're not in a rush, the boat ride from POFQ or OKW is very nice.
We're actually staying at POR. Is 45 minutes enough time to allow for this transportation or would 60 min be a safer bet? Boardwalk is the last stop so that bus should go straight to DTD, wouldn't it? I guess SSR is the least congested resort in December? I never mentioned when we were going. We will definitely take the boat from DTD back to POR and I am looking forward to that nice relaxing ride! I'm just trying to get as much DHS time as I can before rushing to a 2:45pm House of Blues lunch.
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #1728
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelkfla View Post
There may be a bus; buses run between Pop & ESPN Wide World of Sports, but only when some event is happening at the sports complex. Bus drivers get the operating schedule for the week on Sunday, so they won't be able to tell you whether the bus will be running until that day.

When the bus is running, it runs every half hour from EWWS, stopping at Pop about 5 minutes after the hour & half-hour. The bus stops at CBR before returning to EWWS.

You can also take a taxi. The 2 are only a couple of miles apart, so the taxi fare will likely be under $10. You may have to call for a taxi to get back from EWWS (407-422-2222), or the restaurant staff might call for you.

The Grill itself is also open only when events are scheduled at the complex. Currently, the hours are posted thru the 1st 3 weeks of October, and the Grill is closed both Sundays. The concierge desk at Pop can probably tell you whether the Grill will be open after you arrive, or you could try calling 407-WDW-DINE when it gets closer to your visit.

Were you maybe thinking of ESPN Club, at the Boardwalk? I don't know whether the ESPN Club is suitable for kids, and I don't know whether the Grill shows football games in the dining area. You might ask those questions on the dining board.
Joel, you were right! I was looking at the wrong place!! Glad I checked in here! I am looking at the going to the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk. I have checked and it is suitable for my older kids, but the question now is how do I get from Pop to the Boardwalk? Is there any such thing as an easy way? Thanks for your help!

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

homeschoolmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #1729
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschoolmomof4 View Post
Joel, you were right! I was looking at the wrong place!! Glad I checked in here! I am looking at the going to the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk. I have checked and it is suitable for my older kids, but the question now is how do I get from Pop to the Boardwalk? Is there any such thing as an easy way? Thanks for your help!
Take the bus to DHS and then walk (about 15 minutes) or take the boat to the boardwalk.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #1730
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
Take the bus to DHS and then walk (about 15 minutes) or take the boat to the boardwalk.
Thanks!

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

homeschoolmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #1731
hoglund
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
All strollers must be folded. Children come out and stroller gets folded up. I remember one family decided to try to keep their child, in the stroller, when they got on the bus. The child was asleep, and they didn't want to wake her up. As they started up the steps, stroller (with child) held by the two of them, one on each end, the driver put out his hand, and said, 'No unfolded strollers on the bus sir.''...the father then replied, 'But how will my child be able to stay in it if we fold it up...she's sleeping!!!'' The driver replied..'Children must come out, and the stroller folded up before boarding the bus sir.'' Dad....'But she's asleep and we don't want to wake her.' Driver....'Well then, I suggest you step back, take a seat on a bench and wait for her to wake up because she isn't coming on this bus in that stroller!' Dad and Mom were not happy!!! The baby was taken out, the stroller folded up, and they boarded...after we all had to wait behind them. I would have been hugely annoyed if it hadn't been so funny!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
Strollers must be folded.
Thanks for the info!
hoglund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #1732
skelooch
DIS Veteran

A Taxi would be approx $10 incl tip and only take about 5 minutes, it's 2 miles away.
Bus to DHS and walking or boat to BW will probably be close to an hour. The walk is .8 mile.

2003 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Oct-BCV++++2004 Feb-BCV, Mar-BCV, May-BCV, Nov-BCV
2005 Mar-BCV,May-BCV, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV++++2006 Feb-BCV,May-VB,VWL & BCV,Sep-BCV,Nov-BCV
2007 Feb-BCV,May-BCV,May-OKW,Sep-BCV,Nov-OKW++++2008 Feb-BCV, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Nov-BCV
2009 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Aug-OKW, Sep-OKW, Nov-BCV++++ 2010 Feb-BLT&OKW, Apr-OKW, May-OKW, Jul-OKW, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV
2011 Feb-OKW, May- OKW, Aug-AKV, Sep-OKW, Oct-OKW, Nov-OKW
2012 Feb-OKW, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Sep-OKW, Nov-OKW, Dec-OKW
2013 Jan, Feb, April, May, Jul, Oct, Nov,
skelooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #1733
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
We're actually staying at POR. Is 45 minutes enough time to allow for this transportation or would 60 min be a safer bet? Boardwalk is the last stop so that bus should go straight to DTD, wouldn't it? I guess SSR is the least congested resort in December? I never mentioned when we were going. We will definitely take the boat from DTD back to POR and I am looking forward to that nice relaxing ride! I'm just trying to get as much DHS time as I can before rushing to a 2:45pm House of Blues lunch.
The big unknown is wait time. You can wait anywhere from 0 to 20 minutes (and sometimes longer) for a bus or boat, so any trip including a transfer could include 40 minutes just for wait time. Disney recommends allowing 90 minutes to get between points.

You can eliminate one of those wait times by walking one leg, which would be the walk to BW in this case. BW is the last stop before DTD. For HOB, you want to go to PI, the 2nd stop at DTD; the bus ride should be 15-20 minutes. So allowing for 20 minute walk + 20 minute wait time, 1 hour is about right.

If you don't want to walk, I would go with bus to Pop or AoA (whichever arrives at DHS first; the stops are next to each other) and bus to DTD. The bus ride from DHS to Pop or AoA is only 5-10 minutes, so total trip time should be under 70 minutes.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #1734
PrincessEmilyRuth
Earning My Ears

I have a lunch reservation next week at Sanaa. I'll be leaving from AK. Should I get off at the Jambo House and walk, or is there a spot in Kidani Village where the bus will drop me off?

Also, I'll be staying at the POP while I'm there, but I really want to see AoA. Can I walk from the POP to Aoa since they're so close?
PrincessEmilyRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #1735
godolphin123
Earning My Ears

AoA to PoP

If you're at PoP then AoA is your backyard, just walk across the bridge. It's pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessEmilyRuth View Post
I have a lunch reservation next week at Sanaa. I'll be leaving from AK. Should I get off at the Jambo House and walk, or is there a spot in Kidani Village where the bus will drop me off?

Also, I'll be staying at the POP while I'm there, but I really want to see AoA. Can I walk from the POP to Aoa since they're so close?
godolphin123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #1736
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessEmilyRuth View Post
The bus stops at both Kidani & Jambo. It's likely to stop at Kidani first, but the stops can be in either order.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #1737
Pat329
Mouseketeer

driving map?

Everything is actually closer than you think within WDW. I'm wondering if there is a map of the entire complex that may make driving around a better option at times. We're staying at BWI for the first time and I'm really concerned about getting around. It's so far from MK & AK that the bus trip will take forever. Plus we have dinner reservations at some of the other resorts and going from resort to resort is such a confusing ordeal if the parks are closed. If I had a map to review before we go, it might prove to be worth it to drive.

Pat329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:31 AM   #1738
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat329 View Post
If I had a map to review before we go, it might prove to be worth it to drive.
It's available on the maps page of disneyworld.com.

This link might work.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:34 AM   #1739
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

I need to get from MK to AK. Are there buses from one park to another at the parks? If not I will likely bus either to WL then AK, or bus to AKL then AK. But a direct bus would be nicer.
VbChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #1740
skelooch
DIS Veteran

Yes there are buses that go from park to park.
From MK to AK you would get the bus at the TTC, or you could walk over to the CR and take the bus from there to AK.

2003 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Oct-BCV++++2004 Feb-BCV, Mar-BCV, May-BCV, Nov-BCV
2005 Mar-BCV,May-BCV, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV++++2006 Feb-BCV,May-VB,VWL & BCV,Sep-BCV,Nov-BCV
2007 Feb-BCV,May-BCV,May-OKW,Sep-BCV,Nov-OKW++++2008 Feb-BCV, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Nov-BCV
2009 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Aug-OKW, Sep-OKW, Nov-BCV++++ 2010 Feb-BLT&OKW, Apr-OKW, May-OKW, Jul-OKW, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV
2011 Feb-OKW, May- OKW, Aug-AKV, Sep-OKW, Oct-OKW, Nov-OKW
2012 Feb-OKW, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Sep-OKW, Nov-OKW, Dec-OKW
2013 Jan, Feb, April, May, Jul, Oct, Nov,
skelooch is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: