Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #1531
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer
 
MLinDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 452

Getting from AKL or Kidani to Poly around 7:00pm

We have reservations in September for Sanaa and Jiko on two nights. One is for 5:00 and one 5:30. Each of those two days, we will be spending the day in AK and coming from that park by bus to get to the restaurant. After we finish our dinner, how will we get back to the poly?
I checked transportation wiz on my iphone and the suggestions were: 1. taxi, 2. bus to AK and transfer to Poly or 3. Bus to Blizzard Beach and transfer to Poly.
If Animal Kingdom and Blizzard beach close at 5:00, will there be buses going there at that hour? If not, will taxi be the only way back to the Poly?
MLinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #1532
skelooch
DIS Veteran
 
skelooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Connecticut/Florida
Posts: 2,219

Check which nights the MK is open till 9pm or later, if they correspond to the nights you're going to Saana and Jiko simply take the bus to MK and then either monorail or boat to the Poly.
If it is a night the MK closes at 7pm, take the bus to Epcot which is always open until at least 9pm and then either bus to the Poly or monorail to TTC and then either walk or monorail to the Poly.
Taxi is always the quickest if you're in a hurry, but it will cost approx $20-$22 plus tip.
__________________

2003 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Oct-BCV++++2004 Feb-BCV, Mar-BCV, May-BCV, Nov-BCV
2005 Mar-BCV,May-BCV, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV++++2006 Feb-BCV,May-VB,VWL & BCV,Sep-BCV,Nov-BCV
2007 Feb-BCV,May-BCV,May-OKW,Sep-BCV,Nov-OKW++++2008 Feb-BCV, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Nov-BCV
2009 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Aug-OKW, Sep-OKW, Nov-BCV++++ 2010 Feb-BLT&OKW, Apr-OKW, May-OKW, Jul-OKW, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV
2011 Feb-OKW, May- OKW, Aug-AKV, Sep-OKW, Oct-OKW, Nov-OKW
2012 Feb-OKW, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Sep-OKW, Nov-OKW, Dec-OKW
2013 Jan, Feb, April, May, Jul, Oct, Nov,
skelooch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #1533
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer
 
MLinDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelooch View Post
Check which nights the MK is open till 9pm or later, if they correspond to the nights you're going to Saana and Jiko simply take the bus to MK and then either monorail or boat to the Poly.
If it is a night the MK closes at 7pm, take the bus to Epcot which is always open until at least 9pm and then either bus to the Poly or monorail to TTC and then either walk or monorail to the Poly.
Taxi is always the quickest if you're in a hurry, but it will cost approx $20-$22 plus tip.
Thank you for your help!! Both nights Epcot is open until 9:00 and One of those nights MK is open until 9:00! I didn't think of doing either of those options!
MLinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #1534
candy0730
DIS Veteran
 
candy0730's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 640

HDDR from AK

What is the best way to get to HDDR from AK and how long do you think it might take? If we decided to take a taxi do you know a ballpark figure of how much it might cost for 5 people? TIA!
__________________



September 2009 - CSR
September 2010 - CSR/CR
September 2011 - POR
March 2012 - Disneyland - Hojos
September 2012 - AoA
July 2013 - braving summer crowds at DL- FFI
candy0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #1535
erbeaman
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 144

Allstar Sports to AK and back to BB?

Does the bus that goes to AK and BB stop at BB on the way to AK AND on the way back to the resort? I need to pick up YES tickets, but we are planning on going to BB our first day.
erbeaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #1536
joelkfla
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Orlando area
Posts: 2,363

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbeaman View Post
Does the bus that goes to AK and BB stop at BB on the way to AK AND on the way back to the resort? I need to pick up YES tickets, but we are planning on going to BB our first day.
Buses inbound to DAK stop at BB from about 1/2 hour before BB opens until about 2 hours before it closes. After that, the driver may be able to stop at BB on request, or you may have to go to AK & get to BB on the way back.

Buses outbound from DAK stop at BB consistently starting around 11 a.m., IIRC. Some buses may stop there earlier. If you need to get from DAK to BB earlier, ask any bus driver at DAK, and the driver will contact the dispatcher. The dispatcher should either tell the driver to drop you off, or tell the driver which load zone to send you to to get a bus to drop you off.

Buses between DAK & either AKL or the All-Stars do not stop at BB.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #1537
joelkfla
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Orlando area
Posts: 2,363

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy0730 View Post
What is the best way to get to HDDR from AK and how long do you think it might take? If we decided to take a taxi do you know a ballpark figure of how much it might cost for 5 people? TIA!
There is a bus from DAK to FtW (it may stop at BB on the way.) Once you arrive at FtW, you will be at the Outpost, which is the guest check-in & parking lot. You will then need to board an internal shuttle bus to the Settlement, where Pioneer Hall, the venue of HDDR, is located. Any bus going to the Settlement will work; the color doesn't matter.

You should be at the bus stop at DAK at least 90 minutes before the time you want to arrive at Pioneer Hall.

Don't know about the taxi. I'd guess at least $20.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #1538
cruise cruise cruise
Either way we will have FUN!
All my info comes only from what I have learned on this board
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,315

monorail and boat

What resorts are on the monorail route and what are the hours?
What resorts have a boat to/from a park?
cruise cruise cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #1539
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,067
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise cruise cruise View Post
What resorts are on the monorail route and what are the hours?
What resorts have a boat to/from a park?
The MK resorts, on the monorail line, are....
Contemporary/BLT, Polynesian and the Grand Floridian. The monorail starts running around 7am, and shuts down about an hour after MK closes.
Resorts with boats to/from a park..
GF and Polynesian share a boat that runs to the MK. Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness share a boat to MK.
YC/BC/BW/S/D are all on the boat route that runs between Epcot and DHS..so two parks are accessible via a boat.
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #1540
cruise cruise cruise
Either way we will have FUN!
All my info comes only from what I have learned on this board
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
The MK resorts, on the monorail line, are....
Contemporary/BLT, Polynesian and the Grand Floridian. The monorail starts running around 7am, and shuts down about an hour after MK closes.
Resorts with boats to/from a park..
GF and Polynesian share a boat that runs to the MK. Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness share a boat to MK.
YC/BC/BW/S/D are all on the boat route that runs between Epcot and DHS..so two parks are accessible via a boat.
Thanks for the info. Now some clearifing questions

Monorail-- what about party nights, does it run one hour after party closing time or public hours?

Boat at Epcot-- is that at the back entrance?
cruise cruise cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #1541
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,067
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise cruise cruise View Post
Thanks for the info. Now some clearifing questions

Monorail-- what about party nights, does it run one hour after party closing time or public hours?

Boat at Epcot-- is that at the back entrance?
I can't say with any surety that the monorail will be running after the parties. I believe that the monorail shuts down an hour after the park closes to the public...then provides a bus to the Polynesian, GF and TTC.
Yes, the boat at Epcot is just outside the International Gateway.
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #1542
KJay
DIS Veteran
 
KJay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 744

I have two questions for all you how-to-get-from-here-to-there gurus.....

-I'm going to dinner at the Poly, meeting family there at 4:45. I'll be coming from Beach Club. What time should I leave Beach Club to get there by 4:45, and which route should I take? (I've heard bus to any park then bus to Poly, or walk to DHS then bus to Poly, or walk through Epcot, then mono to TTC to Poly mono...etc...). What would you suggest?

- My daughter and I may check out the Chip 'n Dale Campfire sing-a-long at the Fort Wilderness Cabins, where my sis will be staying. How can we get back to Beach Club after the sing-a-long?

Thank you!
__________________
KJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #1543
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 8,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJay View Post
I have two questions for all you how-to-get-from-here-to-there gurus.....

-I'm going to dinner at the Poly, meeting family there at 4:45. I'll be coming from Beach Club. What time should I leave Beach Club to get there by 4:45, and which route should I take? (I've heard bus to any park then bus to Poly, or walk to DHS then bus to Poly, or walk through Epcot, then mono to TTC to Poly mono...etc...). What would you suggest?

- My daughter and I may check out the Chip 'n Dale Campfire sing-a-long at the Fort Wilderness Cabins, where my sis will be staying. How can we get back to Beach Club after the sing-a-long?

Thank you!
The easiest way to get to the Poly from the Beach Club using Disney transportation would be to take the bus to MK, then take the monorail to the Poly (or you could get off at the TTC and walk from there). I'd say give yourself an hour just to be safe with regards to the waits.

To get back to the Beach Club from the cabins, take the boat to MK, then take the bus to BC.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #1544
Mrs.viv07
DIS Veteran
 
Mrs.viv07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 687

trying to understand all the options

hi everyone. wow i'm so glad i found this thread. i've been reading it and getting lots of notes, but i figure i should just ask.
the last 2 times we have been to disney we always use the buses and have never had any issues.
This year however we are taking my little one for the first time and he love anything boats trains and trucks.
I wanted to try and work using the boat but i'm not sure how to make that work since we will be staying at ASMo.
my best guess was the night we have ADR at WCC, take a bus to MK then ferry over to WL then back to MK and then bus to the hotel for the night.
i though there was a boat to DTD but i'm not sure.
i'm get so frazzled trying to figure it all out let alone trying to work in the monorail and boats and buses then getting to various resort, and then back "home" any help is greatly appreciated.
__________________


Viv DH DS DS DD

7 angels watching over us; including our daughter Kiara born sleeping jan 4, 2013




read our blog :http://vivnmichaelsworld.blogspot.com/

Before you leave an angry comment, read my entry at least twice to make sure you understand what I am saying, or accusing me will just make you sound really stupid. If reading it twice is too tedious for your brain, well what can i say. =)

follow my pre-trip report as i go crazy over planning for sept 2012:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post45093687

read about our Jan 2007 trip here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1553770
Mrs.viv07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #1545
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,067
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.viv07 View Post
hi everyone. wow i'm so glad i found this thread. i've been reading it and getting lots of notes, but i figure i should just ask.
the last 2 times we have been to disney we always use the buses and have never had any issues.
This year however we are taking my little one for the first time and he love anything boats trains and trucks.
I wanted to try and work using the boat but i'm not sure how to make that work since we will be staying at ASMo.
my best guess was the night we have ADR at WCC, take a bus to MK then ferry over to WL then back to MK and then bus to the hotel for the night.
i though there was a boat to DTD but i'm not sure.
i'm get so frazzled trying to figure it all out let alone trying to work in the monorail and boats and buses then getting to various resort, and then back "home" any help is greatly appreciated.
If you have plenty of time to spare...you could take the bus from ASMovies to Epcot. Then, take the monorail over to the TTC...nice long ride for your ds. Then, take the monorail over to the CR....almost a full loop. Hop off and take the boat to WL from the CR.
You can take a bus, from a park, to POR. Then, take the boat from there to DTD. Or head to DTD and take a boat ride to POR and then back to DTD again.

You can also take a boat from the back door of Epcot over to DHS and back again if you want. Takes about 25 mins each way..not including wait times.
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.



You Rated this Thread: