Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #1501
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelkfla View Post
All Stars, not Pop.

That's significant, because most of the buses leaving a resort in the morning come from the nearest park. AK sends lots of buses to the All Stars in the a.m., so it wouldn't be a problem getting a bus from AK to an All Star. Even if the bus is going to Sports not Movies, drivers are supposed to drop off guests going to any of the All Stars.

Driving distance is 3.3 mi. Cab fare should be about $11 + tip. (It's further than you'd think, because of the distances from KV to Jambo, and from Sports to Movies.)
Duh.....what an idiot!!! Sorry, and thanks for the good catch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Do busses start at 6:30 am during December as well? That is such a load off for us if that is the case!
The early park buses start at 6:30 all year long. And as already mentioned, they do tend to come a bit less frequently than the buses running closer to park opening. So, be prepared for a longer than usual wait....could be 20+ mins. And, be prepared...it can be really chilly in WDW in Dec, at 7am!!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #1502
TracyK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelkfla View Post
All Stars, not Pop.

That's significant, because most of the buses leaving a resort in the morning come from the nearest park. AK sends lots of buses to the All Stars in the a.m., so it wouldn't be a problem getting a bus from AK to an All Star. Even if the bus is going to Sports not Movies, drivers are supposed to drop off guests going to any of the All Stars.

Driving distance is 3.3 mi. Cab fare should be about $11 + tip. (It's further than you'd think, because of the distances from KV to Jambo, and from Sports to Movies.)
Thanks very much
TracyK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #1503
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Confirmation needed for busses between RFC/AK and CBR

We're planning on going to RFC on December 1 right after AK closes (since we will be there that day).

I called Disney last night to find out what time the busses run until. The CM told me that the busses run up to 1 hour after the park closes. So I asked her if that meant that the busses for AK would stop at 6 pm. We're planning on making reservations for about 5:30 or so at RFC. She double checked her computer and said that the busses run up to 1 hour after the last park closes, which would be MK. MK closes at 10 pm that night. I then asked if the busses will still go to AK even though the park would be closed at that point and she said yes.

So can anyone confirm that? The last time we ate at RFC was in 2006 and neither DH or I remember how we got back to the resort we were staying at.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #1504
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
We're planning on going to RFC on December 1 right after AK closes (since we will be there that day).

I called Disney last night to find out what time the busses run until. The CM told me that the busses run up to 1 hour after the park closes. So I asked her if that meant that the busses for AK would stop at 6 pm. We're planning on making reservations for about 5:30 or so at RFC. She double checked her computer and said that the busses run up to 1 hour after the last park closes, which would be MK. MK closes at 10 pm that night. I then asked if the busses will still go to AK even though the park would be closed at that point and she said yes.

So can anyone confirm that? The last time we ate at RFC was in 2006 and neither DH or I remember how we got back to the resort we were staying at.
And this is why, unfortunately, calling Disney is pretty much useless.

Transportation will be available until every single guest is out of the park. You can absolutely take your time at dinner - they will not leave you stranded.

Alesia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #1505
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post

Last Oct, we ate at RFC around 6ish. The park was just closing as we walked into RFC. We were there until about 7:30. When we left, we headed to the bus area. Imagine our surprise when we saw a bus with 'Rapunzel' on it...rather than a resort name. The bus was right at the area where the bus signage is....not a common place for a bus! The driver asked where we were headed..told him AKL-Kidani. He said to jump on board, this was our bus!!! Seriously??? The 6 of us had our own private bus!!! The driver told us that the buses would run until RFC was empty. That yes, the buses may not be direct and could possibly make stops at up to 5 resorts, but you could get a bus right up until the restaurant closed.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #1506
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post

Transportation will be available until every single guest is out of the park. You can absolutely take your time at dinner - they will not leave you stranded.
The problem is that everyone keeps saying 'until the park is empty'. Well, if the park closes at 5pm, the park is probably going to be empty long before RFC is!!! Now, we can assume that maybe they are figuring that RFC is 'inside the park'...but for me??? I'm not 'in' a park until I've gone through the turnstiles..and you don't do that for RFC.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #1507
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post

That's why I figured I'd double check here just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Last Oct, we ate at RFC around 6ish. The park was just closing as we walked into RFC. We were there until about 7:30. When we left, we headed to the bus area. Imagine our surprise when we saw a bus with 'Rapunzel' on it...rather than a resort name. The bus was right at the area where the bus signage is....not a common place for a bus! The driver asked where we were headed..told him AKL-Kidani. He said to jump on board, this was our bus!!! Seriously??? The 6 of us had our own private bus!!! The driver told us that the buses would run until RFC was empty. That yes, the buses may not be direct and could possibly make stops at up to 5 resorts, but you could get a bus right up until the restaurant closed.
Thanks. That's good to know and a relief.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #1508
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

How long will it take to get from GF to SSR? We'll be having tea at the GF and then need to get over to SSR for a massage. I'm thinking the fastest route will be take the GF boat to MK, then take the bus from MK to SSR. I'm estimating that it shouldn take us about 45min to 1 hr. Is this a safe estimate?

Last edited by kddisney502; 07-17-2012 at 08:21 PM.
kddisney502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #1509
Mousemom234
Mouseketeer

Quote:
.... Imagine our surprise when we saw a bus with 'Rapunzel' on it...rather than a resort name. The bus was right at the area where the bus signage is....not a common place for a bus! The driver asked where we were headed..told him AKL-Kidani. He said to jump on board, this was our bus!!! Seriously??? The 6 of us had our own private bus!!! ....
Yep. We've been on a few of these "Mystery Buses". One night it was leaving Epcot way after closing, since we had a 9:30 dinner ressie. That one we travelled with a nearly full bus, backstage to drop off CMs, over to several other resorts, pretty much a Magical Midnight Mouse-k-tour.

They won't leave you stranded, even if you try

Me -----------DH --------- & ------
1987 Disney Inn... 1989 Poly... 1991 Port Orleans...
...Offsite x5... CBR... Disney Institute... CSR... OKW... POP... CBR...
2009 CSR... August 2012 ASMu....April 2014 Offsite(HI MGE)
Next : Unknown

2003-5 WDW Great Races

Mousemom234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #1510
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The problem is that everyone keeps saying 'until the park is empty'. Well, if the park closes at 5pm, the park is probably going to be empty long before RFC is!!! Now, we can assume that maybe they are figuring that RFC is 'inside the park'...but for me??? I'm not 'in' a park until I've gone through the turnstiles..and you don't do that for RFC.
Yep, you were on a "Rainforest Special".

RFC will seat guests up to an hour after park closing, so the last diners may be finishing 2 hours or more after park closing. DAK bus operations keeps a few buses in the circle until they can confirm with Rainforest management that any diners still in the restaurant won't need a bus ride home.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:02 AM   #1511
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddisney502 View Post
How long will it take to get from GF to SSR? We'll be having tea at the GF and then need to get over to SSR for a massage. I'm thinking the fastest route will be take the GF boat to MK, then take the bus from MK to SSR. I'm estimating that it shouldn take us about 45min to 1 hr. Is this a safe estimate?
I would take the monorail over to MK. It should take under 10 mins that way, then a bus to SSR. If you take the boat, it will head over to the Polynesian before returning to MK.....more like 20-25 mins by boat.
I always leave an hour when traveling from resort to resort.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #1512
AngieMouse86
Mouseketeer

Easiest way to get from All Star Sports to TTC?

My mom bought the Premier pass here at DL and has had A LOT of issues with it (pass not showing as active, showing block out dates and being under my sisters name, not my moms; all these issues occurred separately and after many CMs assured her it was fixed :/ ), so we intend to go get her biometrics put on her pass on our arrival night and be able to sort any wrinkles out before our 1st park day.

So, 1- I understand the busses drop off at the gate not the TTC; Does she need to get her scan done at the TTC or somewhere near the gate?

And 2- If it does need to be at the TTC, easiest way to get there from AS Sports?

TIA!

Me - DBF -
AngieMouse86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #1513
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieMouse86 View Post

My mom bought the Premier pass here at DL and has had A LOT of issues with it (pass not showing as active, showing block out dates and being under my sisters name, not my moms; all these issues occurred separately and after many CMs assured her it was fixed :/ ), so we intend to go get her biometrics put on her pass on our arrival night and be able to sort any wrinkles out before our 1st park day.

So, 1- I understand the busses drop off at the gate not the TTC; Does she need to get her scan done at the TTC or somewhere near the gate?

And 2- If it does need to be at the TTC, easiest way to get there from AS Sports?

TIA!
I would think that they could take care of that right at MK...why not take the bus to MK and then go to the ticket area and have it taken care of there??? If, for some reason, you do have to go to the TTC, then take the bus to MK and then monorail (express) over to TTC from MK.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #1514
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

Quote:

TIA!
I believe the biometrics are recorded the first time a pass is used to enter a park. So just go to any park that's open, and try to get in.

If there are problems, they can be better handled at a park's Guest Relations. Guest Relations cms have powers above those of ordinary Vacation Planners (the folks in the ticket booths.) In fact, originally at WDW, Premier Passports could be purchased only at GR (don't know if that's still the case), so they're the ones who know most about them.

Every park has a Guest Relations window outside of and adjacent to the gate, which is staffed from well before the park opens until after closing.

Last edited by joelkfla; 07-19-2012 at 06:09 PM.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #1515
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:

TIA!
Her fingers will be scanned the first time she enters a park. There is no way to do it at the TTC and no way to do it in advance.

Alesia is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: