Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2010, 08:15 PM   #76
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Food & Wine Booths-Dinner

When we returned to Epcot that evening, we had my parents along, so there was a little more to taste & try with the 4 of us!

My Mom started off by getting some champagne. Oh flutegate...this is her pour of White Star:

(The glass was full, but still...) She was a little ticked. Since this, they've returned to charging ~$12, but giving you a normal pour. This pour was ridiculous, but it was only $5! What a waste.

My Dad had the Applewood Smoked Beef, Duck, and Ham from the Charcuterie & Cheese booth:

He also got a glass of MacMurray Ranch Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir.

After this, we started checking pours before ordering. I don't know what was with some of the pours this year As for the Charcuterie plate, things like it are right up there with pretzels for him, so he enjoyed it. He really liked the Pinot Noir, which is why he was so disappointed with the pour.

Next we hit Canada, where we got a salmon to split:

The salmon was good, but the maple glaze was really sweet. No one really cared for the lentils under it, but we're not really lentil people either.

I got a Nanaimo Bar

This might be on the top of my list for best dessert of the festival. It was divine. I refused to share (And yes, I started with dessert...life is short, eat dessert first!)

Next we made our way over to Ireland, where my Mom got the Lobster & Scallop Fisherman's Pie

And inside:

Last year Geoff & I got one that was totally lacking any lobster and scallops, and everyone else on the DIS was raving about the chunks in it and how good it was. So I was a little stubborn and refused to get it again. Of course my Mom's had the chunks of seafood in it that we were missing. She enjoyed it, but to be honest, I didn't miss it.

My Dad got the cheese plate:

He's a fan of mild cheeses (I like stronger, more intense cheeses!) so he absolutely loved this plate, right up his alley!

Next up was my turn Time for Belgium, where I got both the waffle:

(which yes, I ate this first! )

And the mussels:

Both of these were real winners in my book. The Waffle was fresh and crisp on the outside, soft on the inside. Not terribly adventurous, but very well made. The mussels had a delicious sauce on them that was great sopped up with the bread! I hope to see this booth return next year (even if I won't be there!)

We stopped at Morocco next. Both Geoff & my Dad grabbed a Kefta pocket.

I took a bite. It was okay, but I wasn't wowed by it.

Next up was Italy. I like Italian food, but there's always so much more to try that I usually skip the Italy booth. This year was no exception, but my parents both wanted to try it, so I got pictures of everything! (Of course, we did get a cannoli at lunch, so I guess I didn't totally skip it this year!) First up was the Baked Cheese Ravioli:

They also got Baked Cheese Ravioli, Creamy Bolognese Sauce, Melted Mozzarella, and each got a glass of the Chianti.

This was my Mom's favorite booth of the festival. It might also have helped that she wanted to set my brother up with one of the "cute Italian girls." The pours of wine were excellent and the food was hot & delicious.

Next up on the list was Singapore. I really wanted to try the shrimp cake with noodles:

This was really good. The noodles are served cold, the cake hot. There was a little bit of a kick to it, but nothing substantial. I know I've read that some didn't like the consistency of the shrimp cake, but I didn't have a problem with it.

Geoff had the other dish from Singapore, Coconut-Braised, Beef Rendang with Jasmine Rice:

He really liked it, listed it among his favorites from the festival. I didn't try it because it had coconut

My last stop of the evening was South Africa, all four of us got the seared beef tenderloin:

What was great is that they checked to see how we liked our meat done. So I was able to get a medium rare piece Always a winner.

Finally my Dad was traditional and stopped at the dessert booth before we called it a night, he got the sampler:

These were pretty good, but nothing particularly special. I liked the desserts that were available last year better.

Overall: there were no duds except the pocket from Morocco. And even that wasn't bad, just not really anything "wow." Still had a pretty decent run.
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #77
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Everything continues to look really good. But that lobster & scallop fisherman's pie is really making me drool big time. I need a bib.
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2010, 07:47 AM   #78
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Everything continues to look really good. But that lobster & scallop fisherman's pie is really making me drool big time. I need a bib.
Everyone is still raving this year about the pie. As I mentioned, I skipped it because I didn't see the hype last year
Old 10-26-2010, 07:59 AM   #79
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Crystal Palace-Breakfast

No trip would be complete without a character meal, and on this trip, we decided to head to Crystal Palace for breakfast. I scored an 8:30am ADR, so we were able to get into the park early

We got to the turnstiles at about 810, so we had a little bit of time to kill walking down Main Street. Interesting note: we didn't have to give our name to anyone, they let us right in (Crystal Palace was taking walk ups.)

We took a few pictures on our walk down Main Street, Photopass Photographers were out.

We then checked in and only had to wait a few minutes before being seated. The characters were just making their way out of the room, so we were able to go right up and get food, I only took a picture of my plate:

Starting with the plain Mickey waffle and going clockwise, next is the chocolate Mickey, Eggs, Potato Bake, Puffed French Toast, and sausage. I also grabbed some Kashi Heart to Heart Cereal and our waitress brought out some soy milk for me (I can have milk, but I can't drink it straight without getting sick to my stomach, so I use soy in my cereal.) The soy milk was a box of Vanilla Silk, she asked if I wanted chocolate too, so that must mean they have chocolate too!

Anyway...then the characters started coming around. We were out by 915!

Overall: 8/10 I wasn't thrilled with the options on the buffet, lots of sugary items...or eggs. But everything tasted good and was fresh. Our service was excellent and we'd definitely return. Plus, it was so cool to walk into the park early!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #80
danissmart
Mouseketeer

Excellent reviews. Thanks for all the pictures and details.

Are many of the pours at the booths terribly small? How did you manage to check? Did you just stand to the side and watch what people were getting from the CMs?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:36 AM   #81
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

All the food looks so tasty! I would've been bummed about the wine pours too, you pay a premium price, a decent pour would be nice!

dekkerdisneydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #82
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danissmart View Post
Excellent reviews. Thanks for all the pictures and details.

Are many of the pours at the booths terribly small? How did you manage to check? Did you just stand to the side and watch what people were getting from the CMs?
I think we just wound up being unlucky as most of the pours were normal. And yep, we just stood to the side and creeped on some people to see the pours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
All the food looks so tasty! I would've been bummed about the wine pours too, you pay a premium price, a decent pour would be nice!
Exactly!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #83
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Oh you had my favorite -- Pooh's puffed french toast. I could just sit and eat plate after plate of that.

Great pictures on an almost empty Main Street!
Old 10-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #84
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Wonderful update, you made me laugh that you start off with dessert. When I started dating my husband I would order my dessert with my meal b/c I love eating sweet and salty at same time and what to make sure I have room for dessert. We are eating CP breakfast for first time...we got 8:05 ADR. We always go to CP for lunch but I really want to try breakfast.
Thanks for sharing your awesome reviews.

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #85
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I finally caught up with your updates again! I LOVE them! Love all the F&W things - makes me wish that we could go there once so much more!

Thanks for taking the time!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:33 PM   #86
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Great reviews. I will be at CP for breakfast in just under 3 weeks - I can't wait!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:34 AM   #87
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Oh you had my favorite -- Pooh's puffed french toast. I could just sit and eat plate after plate of that.

Great pictures on an almost empty Main Street!
The puffed french toast was soooo sweet! ...definitely shouldn't have added syrup to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
Wonderful update, you made me laugh that you start off with dessert. When I started dating my husband I would order my dessert with my meal b/c I love eating sweet and salty at same time and what to make sure I have room for dessert. We are eating CP breakfast for first time...we got 8:05 ADR. We always go to CP for lunch but I really want to try breakfast.
Thanks for sharing your awesome reviews.
Dessert's the best part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I finally caught up with your updates again! I LOVE them! Love all the F&W things - makes me wish that we could go there once so much more!

Thanks for taking the time!
I love F&W! Hopefully you'll be able to check it out one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Great reviews. I will be at CP for breakfast in just under 3 weeks - I can't wait!
We had a great time! Hope you do too!
Old 10-27-2010, 08:41 AM   #88
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Columbia Harbor House/Aloha Isle/Casey's Corner

Columbia Harbor House

I had friends at the MK that day, so we met up at Columbia Harbor House for lunch. I totally forgot to take pictures though! Geoff & I split the Lighthouse Sandwich-no tomatoes (Geoff thinks they're poison.) It was good, light, probably the healthiest thing I ate all week We enjoyed it. Plus, it left room for snacks!

Overall: 9/10. I'd get it again, but it was slightly bland.

Aloha Isle
After lunch we immediately headed over to Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip! We got a vanilla/pineapple twist:

This really hit the spot.
Overall: 10/10...really, can you go wrong?

Casey's Corner
Then it was finally time for Corn Dog Nuggets!!

These are my favorite things ever. Dipped in some wonderful yellow mustard. YUM! I love these, obviously a 10/10.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:49 AM   #89
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

great reviews

Think we might have to try Caseys next time.
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge @ Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
August 2014- Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #90
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
[SIZE="3
Aloha Isle
After lunch we immediately headed over to Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip! We got a vanilla/pineapple twist:

[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Oh how I love you and want you to be mine!!! The last time I had this it was freezing cold outside, so I can imagine how this hits the spot on a very hot day. Sigh.

dekkerdisneydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: