Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #61
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

WOW party for the senses looks absolutely amazing!!! Great reviews and pics!!!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #62
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Breakfast at the Wave looks yummy (we are doing dinner on our next trip).

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2010, 07:43 PM   #63
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Just finished catching up.....

All I can say is I am sooo hungry!!!LOL!

Great pics..great reviews!

That PFTS at the F&W Festival looks like it is something worth taking the time to do...

Looking foward to more....

BlueSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:36 AM   #64
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

Lusting

I am on my way for a blood test, a fasting one, why did I have to look at this right now?

Great reviews and fantastic pictures. I think it should be required that all menus have pictures and there should be a severe fine if the food does not look like the pictures.

As for the sweet potato pancakes, they are simple to make at home. Basically you just add some canned, mashed sweet potatoes to your pancake mix batter, checking to make sure if you need to add a bit more liquid to make it the right consistency. I also add sweet potatoes to my biscuits. Adds flavor, color and nutrition.

Slightly Goofy

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #65
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

Hey there Kelly!

I finally got to your dining review and am very excited that you went to Sanaa! I love Indian food and since we're staying at Kidani next year, it'll be on my list to go.

The PTFS looks absolutely awesome! That sounds like a must do one year. One question if you don't mind me asking, was it very pricey?

Strange about the whole ham thing at the Wave, you would think that ham and cheese omlette= ham......

Excited to see more! I always love your dining reviews!

dekkerdisneydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:36 PM   #66
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

OH my goodness, Kelly!!! All of the food looks amazing! I especially love the tea (dying to try it). The strawberries and cream look amazing. I love tea Also, pecan butter?! Sign me UP! Seriously, really enjoying so far---thanks
BippityBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #67
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
(and I'm from Philly...I've perfected the Philly lean so I let the grease drip into the street )

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #68
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
catching up on your updates and great reviews...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodFairies View Post
So that's where the sweet potato pancakes ended up! I guess a lot of people complained when Boatwright's stopped serving breakfast. I know where to go on the next trip now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM View Post
I was going to post EXACTLY the same sentiment!
Glad I solved the mystery!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I'm so glad you liked Sanaa! It's neat to try some different flavors.

I found it interesting that they're serving the chai cream in a mug now instead of the tall glass like they used to. Unless it's a difference between lunch and dinner?
I have no idea if it was because it was lunch It was tasty, that's all I got

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshClan View Post
I'm in! Your photos are fabulous, and I loved getting the inside scoop from the Party for the Senses! We just got back from a quick 3 night trip, and although we got lots of food booth stuff, we did not have time to do any special events. Of course, neither of us drinks wine, so that kind of limits our choices

The more I hear about Sanaa, the more I think I need to check it out. I am not a curry fan AT ALL, but some of the other choices looked really good to me!

And I'm with your mother.....I will do just about anything for a Cosmo slushie from the France booth. They were soooooo good!!!
I drink wine and not much else I like white wine though, so I have trouble with the wine pairings since most of them have red. Anyway, welcome along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
WOW party for the senses looks absolutely amazing!!! Great reviews and pics!!!
It was awesome! I'm so glad we did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Breakfast at the Wave looks yummy (we are doing dinner on our next trip).
I really want to try dinner next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Just finished catching up.....

All I can say is I am sooo hungry!!!LOL!

Great pics..great reviews!

That PFTS at the F&W Festival looks like it is something worth taking the time to do...

Looking foward to more....
It's definitely worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
I am on my way for a blood test, a fasting one, why did I have to look at this right now?

Great reviews and fantastic pictures. I think it should be required that all menus have pictures and there should be a severe fine if the food does not look like the pictures.

As for the sweet potato pancakes, they are simple to make at home. Basically you just add some canned, mashed sweet potatoes to your pancake mix batter, checking to make sure if you need to add a bit more liquid to make it the right consistency. I also add sweet potatoes to my biscuits. Adds flavor, color and nutrition.

Slightly Goofy
Not a good idea to look at food pictures when you're hungry!! Thanks for the tip on sweet potato pancakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkerdisneydreamer View Post
Hey there Kelly!

I finally got to your dining review and am very excited that you went to Sanaa! I love Indian food and since we're staying at Kidani next year, it'll be on my list to go.

The PTFS looks absolutely awesome! That sounds like a must do one year. One question if you don't mind me asking, was it very pricey?

Strange about the whole ham thing at the Wave, you would think that ham and cheese omlette= ham......

Excited to see more! I always love your dining reviews!
PFTS was $135 + tax. I think it was totally worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
OH my goodness, Kelly!!! All of the food looks amazing! I especially love the tea (dying to try it). The strawberries and cream look amazing. I love tea Also, pecan butter?! Sign me UP! Seriously, really enjoying so far---thanks
Glad you're along for the ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGirl33 View Post
There are certain things you learn growing up with real cheesesteaks
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:40 AM   #69
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Food & Wine Booths-Lunch

After all of that, we finally got to the F&W kiosks!

We started with just Geoff & I, my parents went to play golf. When we got hungry around lunch time, we headed over to the World Showcase.

We started with Greece and the Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki

This is the kind of food I love and could seriously eat every day. I think it was better than last years and I still loved it

We also picked up Spanikopita in Greece

It had a lot of spinach...which meant I loved it, but I can see how some might think it has too much spinach. I was in the mood for spanikopita, so I got it. I don't think it's the best one I ever had, but it was very tasty and hit the spot that day!

Next up was France and my escargots:

I really like escargot. These are very consistent, and if you've never tried escargot, this is a fairly *safe* way to do so.

We headed past Japan and decided to get the Tuna Sensation:

Last year we tried to get this, but they were out of it when we stopped by and never made it back. I'm so glad we tried it this year. This was my favorite of the festival. Everytime we walked past Japan I was tempted to get it again Fresh, light, perfect in the heat!

Our last item for lunch was dessert! We stopped in Italy for a Cannoli:

This was much better than I was expecting. The cheese had a citrus flavor which really made it pop.

Overall we had a good start to the festival. No duds!
Old 10-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #70
cassidyh
Mouseketeer

Yummmmm! Tuna Sensation is definitely on my must-do for F&W! Everything looks great.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #71
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Yummy pictures, thanks for posting them. I love escargot...can't wait to eat them at Chefs de France on our next trip.

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:03 PM   #72
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Ooooh...your F&W goodies look really tasty. I'm hoping that Nicki picks dates that coincide with F&W for our trip next year.

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:35 PM   #73
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Did they have the Tuna Sensation last year? I would have tried it if I'd seen in on the menu...I only remember three rolls. Tuna is my favorite, and it looks great!

I'm going to have to put it on my list for next year!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:55 AM   #74
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

Hello, just joining in! Mmmm I love Sanaa - that Chai Cream is addictive. Funny you mention the bathrooms - I was totally enamored by them when I first visited.

Thanks for including your F & W dishes - I go the last weekend of the festival, so its great I can see what everyone thinks of the dishes first!
cbg1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:38 PM   #75
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyh View Post
Yummmmm! Tuna Sensation is definitely on my must-do for F&W! Everything looks great.
It was delicious! I highly, highly recommend it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
Yummy pictures, thanks for posting them. I love escargot...can't wait to eat them at Chefs de France on our next trip.
Mmmm, I discovered I loved them due to F&W. Geoff thinks I'm crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Ooooh...your F&W goodies look really tasty. I'm hoping that Nicki picks dates that coincide with F&W for our trip next year.
That would be great! I love F&W, it's my favorite time to go. Next year I'll miss it Silly thing called a wedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Did they have the Tuna Sensation last year? I would have tried it if I'd seen in on the menu...I only remember three rolls. Tuna is my favorite, and it looks great!

I'm going to have to put it on my list for next year!
Pretty sure they had the Tuna Sensation last year. I specifically remember going to try it and they were out. I assume it was the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg1027 View Post
Hello, just joining in! Mmmm I love Sanaa - that Chai Cream is addictive. Funny you mention the bathrooms - I was totally enamored by them when I first visited.

Thanks for including your F & W dishes - I go the last weekend of the festival, so its great I can see what everyone thinks of the dishes first!
Glad to see I'm not the only crazy who pays attention to bathrooms

I could really go for that Chai Cream right about now, it was so yummy!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: