Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
scanmom
DIS Veteran

Pepper Market

DH and I stayed 4 nights at CSR, Feb. 15-19
Abig reason I chose CSR is because Pepper Market looked like a great CS place. I have always wanted to try CSR, I like the ambiance, but PM sold it.
We ate at PM late one evening (about 10PM). It was AWFUL!!! It was fairly empty, maybe 3 tables being used inside, and about 3 outside. And about 3 people besides us trying to get food. We ordered ours to go, because I really didn't want to pay a 10% gratuity if I was going around getting the food myself. It was nicer outside than in anyway! We found it to be very confusing, and most of the CM's were not very helpful. I had read all about having the ticket stamped with your order, and going from station to station to get the food. If I hadn't read these boards and been somewhat prepared, we wouldn't have been able to figure it out at all. The CM's didn't explain how it works at all. They just handed us a card and turned back to their conversation. And the food wasn't very good either. I had planned on getting a steak, but was so tired I decided to get spaghetti and meatballs instead. Since this is only offered on the childs menu, I figured I would get a smaller portion, but the lady, when she finally figured out what I wanted, was very generous with the portion. That was nice. But, the noodles were cold and a little sticky, the meatballs were undercooked (yuck), and the bread was so hard I thought it might break my teeth! So, I ended up with about 6 bites. DH got a bacon cheeseburger. It was hot..so hot that when the guy put it on the styrofoam to go package, it melted right into the burger. And the CM was going to serve it to him until another CM made him make a new one, which he seemed put out by. Anyway, live and learn. I will not be going back

can't wait to get back to the "real" world!
scanmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:41 AM   #2
The_Aviator
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry to hear of your poor experience at the PM. We ate there on three occasions on our trip and on all occasions we received good service and good food.

In regards to your comments about the ticket, I thought that it was explained on the ticket? Anyways, whenever we ordered the chef just took the ticket and stamped it. And I believe there is a sign outside which explains how it works.

It's definitely no excuse, but we usually find that when we dine late the food quality seems to deteriorate. Perhaps if you had visited at a busier time it may have been a better experience

2002: Disneyland and Californian Adventure - Offsite
2006: WDW - Disney's Wilderness Lodge
2007: Disneyland Resort Paris - Disney's Sequoia Lodge
2008: Tokyo Disney Resort - Hilton @ Tokyo Disney Resort
2010: HK Disneyland - Offsite
2010: WDW - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
The_Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Dominus
DIS Veteran

A couple of years ago we stayed at CS, so we ate at PM a few times because of the convenience. I never had a gripe about the food. The stamped ticket system was a bit odd, and took more thinking than I was wanting to do. My only problem was that some things one CM would ring up as a snack another CM would ring up as a meal. I'm not sure exactly what, I'm thinking it was a muffin or bowl of cereal. But when I asked about it being a snack, they corrected it. Not much of a biggie.
Dominus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
baseballdad27
Earning My Ears

Pm

We stayed at the CSR in 2008. We liked Peppers Market but we were surprised by the 10% gratuity that was included in our bill especially after we already gave the staff a tip so it ended being about a 30% tip. We were able to find the sign stating the 10% was added to your bill hidden behind a Ficus tree as u enter the food court
baseballdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: