Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

A Bi-Coastal Resort-Hoppin'-Platinum Trip Report Updated 11/7 Platinum Plan Day 2!

Hello Everyone!!

I'm Ari and my boyfriend is Danny. We took this trip from 8/18-8/28. (It felt longer and shorter at the same time...) We stayed at three different hotels, including a one night Platinum plan stay.

If you want a little more background info on us, here's the link to my pre trip report. There's pictures of our wonderful faces and a complete documentation of all the woes that led up to this trip, most of which were resolved!

Rather than review the restaurants we ate at on this thread, I'm just going to link to my dining review in each post. I'll also post the thread here if you just want to skip ahead. That way I don't have to double post, and everyone can still see the drool inducing pictures.

Anyway, here's what we did!

8/18
Flight, rental car and Steak & Shake
8/19
Seaworld #1
Seaworld #2

8/20
Platinum Plan Day 1 @ Wilderness Lodge- Segway, Richard Petty, Fulton's Crab House, Fireworks Cruise and Flying Fish
8/21
Platinum Plan Day 2- Epcot Dolphins in Depth, Aqua Seas, and Victoria & Albert's
8/22
Coronado Springs, Planet Hollywood, Typhoon Lagoon, Ohana and The Magic Kingdom
8/23
Epcot, Via Napoli, Artist Point and Wishes Dessert Party
8/24
Animal Kingdom, Yak n' Yeti, Epcot, and Chefs de France
8/25
Epcot, Biergarten, and Narcoossees
8/26
Maya Grill, Hollywood Studios, Sci-Fi Dine In, Yachtsmen, and a leetle bit of Epcot.
8/27
Magic Kingdom, Le Cellier, Epcot and California Grill
8/28
Magic Kingdom and Disneyland

Last edited by arilvdc; 11-07-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:28 AM   #2
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Day One 8/18...

Day One 8/18- It's a SIGN!!!!!!!

Our flight left LAX at 6am, so we spent the night at my boyfriend's parent's house, and his sister took us to the airport around 4:45. We made a wrong turn, and actually started going back towards our house instead of the airport but we managed to get back on track pretty quickly. Since we were travelling COO (Carry on only) we didn't stop to check our bags outside, and headed straight to the self check in kiosks. As we walked into the airport, I noticed something really strange...

...instead of the normal, top 40 muzak that LAX usually plays, I instead heard "A Whole New World" from Aladdin! I turned to Danny and said "It's a sign!!!"

Even LAX knew we were headed for Disney.

We checked in and headed through security. Strangely enough, they cut the line right behind us and we found ourselves with no one behind us in a slowly snaking line. I jokingly said "That's the last time we'll see the end of a line for a while!" and we both had a laugh.

Here's a sleepy airport pic.

We finally got cleared by TSA and went upstairs to see if we could be upgraded, as I had won two free upgrades to economy Plus through United's Opthalon app. Danny needed to use the restroom, so I got in line and Danny went to find one, accidentally taking his boarding pass with him! I kept getting closer and closer to the front of the line, so I texted him, asking him to hurry. The next thing I know, I see him power walking through the terminal, We ended up waiting for 5 more minutes, so he did it for no reason.

We got the upgrade, but they only had two aisle seats. Since we would still be sitting together, I said sure, why not...As we hadn't flown United since they began offering Economy plus, I had no idea what it entailed. It turns out that not only were we upgraded to Economy Plus, we were in an exit row! That means our seats looked like this....

I think there was enough room for a beverage cart to fit in there!

Seriously awesome. I could stretch my legs out straight and still not touch the seat in front of me. Granted, I am pretty short, but it was a huge amount of room!!

After about six hours we finally landed in Orlando. This was our first time landing there, because last year we flew into Ft. Lauderdale, rented a car and drove up instead. It was a gorgeous day!

We got off the plane, and I turned on my phone and Danny went to the bathroom...while he was gone I received a call from a Victoria and Albert's cast member, asking to confirm that we were still coming. I was so excited I babbled on, and I think she might have got a bit annoyed with me, but I was so excited! I was hopping around when Danny came out, and he started laughing at me. Payback for the silliness I laughed at in LAX.

I like how the airport is so much nicer than LAX...

And I love how MCO has the star wars-ish shuttle trams! People must have thought I was weird for taking these pictures every few seconds.

from the tram...everything is so green!

We then made our way to the rental car counter. We were so shocked by the rental car process!! You pay a deposit at the counter, and are given paperwork, then directed outside to the parking garage. Inside the garage are rows and rows of shiny cars, all with the keys inside...you're supposed to just take what you want! So weird!
We were supposed to have an economy car but they didn't have any, and the roving customer service rep said to take a compact car instead. We still felt odd just leaving with a car, so we dilly dallied until we saw a guy who was all business walk up, check out a car, and drive off. We still decided to play it safe, and we took the car closest to the economy section...

A silver ford focus.

PSA
Don't get silver cars, especial compact sedans. EVERYONE has them. You'll never find your car. You'll be like us, aimlessly wandering the endless lots, clicking the remote and straining your tired ears to hear the faint "beep beep" of the horn. Go with blue. Or green. or anything not silver. Your feet and children will thank you.

After practically stealing our car, I set the GPS to our hotel, The Rodeway Inn Maingate. I had booked this hotel since it was cheap and had free breakfast. As we pulled in, I realized it was right next the the Howard Johnson we stayed at last year. Weird! I totally didn't mean to do that. We could even see our old room from our new room's window.

I checked for bed bugs and the room was bed bug free. For $30 a night, the room was surprisingly clean and roomy. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, especially since they were just beginning refurbishment while we were there.

We took a mini siesta, and then headed over to Steak and Shake, review here.

After eating we hit the SuperTarget. I loooove SuperTarget! I ended up buying a skirt and two tank tops for $8 total. Yay clearance! We also got all of our toiletries and snacks for the trip, and packed them away in the trunk. We were quickly adding bags to our COO! We then went to walgreens and I got pedialyte packets, since I dehydrate so easily. Those things are lifesavers, I really recommend them to anyone who has a problem with dehydration/heat exhaustion- you just add the packets to a bottle of water like you would a crystal light packet, and instant electrolytes!

We then went back to our hotel for some much needed rest, so we would be ready for the next day.

Next up....Seaworld!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Day Two- 8/19

Seaworld!!

We got up bright and early, since neither of us has ever been to Seaworld. We were really excited! We decided to wear our swim clothes, as the park is famous for those "soak zones." I grabbed my boards shorts, and I realized we had a huge problem!

You see, I had packed those shorts right after I bought them, so I never examined them and it turns out the cashier forgot to take the security tag off! I was so worried that it was one of those ink filled tags and that it was going to explode if we tried to take it off...but we tried anyway. There is surprisingly little that is helpful in a hotel room when you need to pry a security tag from your clothing...

Danny ended up pulling so hard on the tag that it tore a teensy hole in the board shorts, and I just worked the metal part of the tag through the hole. Crisis averted...you could barely even see the tear.

We then ran down to the free breakfast, which was just mountains of packaged bagels, orange juice and coffee- really not our style, so we skipped it for the rest of the trip. We were in a rush, since we wanted to be at the park for opening, so we headed out.

We ended up being the 3rd car there, waiting for the parking booths to open! We turned the car off and ate some snacks, and then I had to take a picture because no one would believe us at home. We were only 30 minutes before park opening, and the parking booths still weren't open...that just doesn't happen in California.

So they finally open the parking booths, but for some reason the person in front of us is taking forever! Cars are passing us left, right, left right....we're so sad! Finally it's our turn, and we pay and grab a spot very close to the front of the park. We didn't realize how close it was until we came out at the end of the day and saw the acres of cars parked!

We got in and went to the turnstiles, which hadn't opened yet. Weirdly enough, NO ONE got in line behind us, they all sort of flowed to the sides. I began to wonder if one of us smelled strange, but a discreet sniff proved we still smelled shower fresh. Weird. Anyway, once we got into the park, we headed straight for Manta, where we encountered another rope/wait.

Once they let us through, we got in line, only to get kicked out straightaway because of our "loose articles." We ran to the lockers (bad!! no running) deposited our items, and (finally) got back in line. Again, at the point where the line splits we went one way, and everyone else went the other. We found ourselves at the end of the line, again. Double weird. No one got in line behind us until we were almost to the cars. The cars for manta are terrifying, btw! We didn't know what to do with our sandals, so we sat on them like we saw the guy in front of us do. After we had been locked in we noticed that there were cubbies, and boy did we feel silly! The ride itself is amazing, you really do feel like you're flying! I loved it.

Since all of our stuff was still in the locker, I don't have any pictures of Atlantis or any of the other rides, but in the next hour we basically did everything on the back side of the park. It was awesome, no lines! We went back to get our stuff when Danny realized my sister was supposed to call to get instructions on how to take care of his aquarium, and it was already 45 minutes past the time she was supposed to call. We ran back to the lockers (again, bad!) and right as I grabbed my phone, she called. Whew! Disaster averted. He spent 20 minutes talking to her, and then we headed into the manta aquarium.

It's a very nice aquarium, and it's air conditioned! The workers there were all very knowledgeable, which is something that you don't always see at a theme park.

We then headed over to the pet show, stopping on our way to grab a frozen lemonade and my glow cup. After being told "No food or drinks!!" in the show building, we just had to take a break. We sat down in front of Voyager's Smokehouse to finish our drinks and have a little snack. While we were there, a squirrel entertained us with his acrobatics, and he was fearless! Danny fed him a nut, and the squirrel took it straight from his hand. Then the squirrel decided he wanted my food, and jumped right in my lap!! I screamed, and the squirrel FLEW off of me, lol. He came back, I think he's the bravest or possibly the hungriest squirrel in all of seaworld. He then proceeded to go 'visit' a family behind us, and they though it was hilarious when their toddler pulled his tail. Surprisingly, the squirrel endured it all since they were feeding him. We later saw the same squirrel in the same spot, every time we walked by.

We wandered around, and found ourselves at the Clyde Pirate show.

There was a mime doing a preshow, and boy was it not Disney! He was miming that a girl was super sexy, that another had big ****s, making fun of a fat guy, etc. The show itself was super cheesy, and they had quite a few technical errors- one performer's mic pack fell in the water, another wasn't anywhere near where they were supposed to be and the 'gag' didn't work. It was still a fun show, though.

Afterwards, we went to the shark tunnel. I was framing an awesome shot of a giant shark when this hand with a camera popped up, right as I took my shot...

turns out Danny wanted the same shot I was trying to take!

Then we went to wait for Believe. I wanted to sit right up front, since I love orcas and I've never actually seen one up close. We sat in the very first row behind reserved seating, right by the platform. In front of us was the family whose son got to be the one to 'command' the whales during the story part of the show, and he got the whale tail necklace. His parents had to sign form after form, it was insane!

Anyway, we had brought plastic bags for our electronics since we were in the splash zone, but after a few blurry shots I took my camera phone (it's a memoir, 8 megapixels) out. I figured I'd have plenty of warning if we were about to get splashed.

Before I removed the bag...

no bag!

We never even got wet!

So as the show was ending, I put my memoir back in the ziplock bag. Then they had ALL of the whales come straight at us and wave goodbye with their tails, so I took my camera out and was about to take a picture when...

WHAM!!!

Every one of those tails hit the water, sending a wave of frigid water cascading over us. My memoir was soaked!! Luckily, I had a shirt in a plastic bag, so I took my memoir to the bathroom and dried it out. The lens cover had a few issues for a little while after that, but once it dried it was fine. Later the battery stopped holding a charge, but I have no idea if that is even related.

We then went to eat at Voayger's Smokehouse (review). We both enjoyed it very much, and it was a good value.

Continued in next post...
Old 10-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #4
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Then we went to see the dolphin show.

By this time, I'm starting to feel a little sick from the heat, but we stayed to watch the show anyway. It's kind of a strange show, but I loved watching the dolphins.

False killer whale...it looks like someone Stretch Armstronged a dolphin.

Dolphin surfing

During the 'bird' portion of the show, a crane that was not part of the show tried to join in. It was pretty funny watching the performers trying to shoo the bird away...he just wanted to be a star!

At this point, I just wanted to go home but it was sooooo hot we decided to SOS (seek out shade) or in my case SOAC (seek out air conditioning)! We went to the dolphin viewing area...

then to see the manatees. My SO had never even heard of manatees before, so he was really enthralled by them. I kept singing "Barbara Manatee, (manatee, manatee!)" and he thought I was weird, but sheesh it's a catchy tune that doesn't relly fit in everyday life. I <3 Veggie Tales.

I had a manatee pose for me, he must have liked my song!

After that we headed over to wild arctic, where we were shaken, not stirred. Seriously, what is up with that ride, and all of the exposed ride mechanisms after you get off??

We stopped to see the baby dolphins, but then it started raining so we left. I got a free piece of fudge from the candy shop on the way out, the very nice worker there said I looked like I could use it.

As we left we noticed the killer whale in the lagoon, and Danny said if it had been real, no one would actually pay to go to Seaworld, they'd just pay for parking and watch the free whale!

Overall, we had a nice time, but it was so hot we really didn't want to go back. We managed to do all of the major rides and shows, the only thing we missed was the pet show. We left around 3:30pm. Total time was around 7 hours, and we wandered around a lot. If you had a good touring plan, you could finish everything in much less time than we took.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
MEK
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your TR so far! I am very intent on doing either premium or platinum plan for one night, so I can't wait to read about your experiences.

Enjoyed your seaworld review. I am embarrassed to admit that I have been to Disney 14 times and have yet to go to seaworld. I need to do something about that!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 10-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #6
LuvsTigger80
Mouseketeer

Hi neighbor!!!

Sounds like a great start to your vacation. Can't wait to read the platinum part of your trip.....and you V&A's review...we plan on going there for our next trip in 2012! How did your upgrading your pass thing go? we let our DL AP's expire and we were going to just buy the Premier pass in May!

DVC members as of 5/22/11! Home resort SSR!

Past trips: 4/15-23 2008, 1/27-2-4 2009, 12/2-12 2009 All POP
Next trip: April 25th to May 4th at the Kidini Village-Savannah view

Old 10-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #7
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Really enjoying your TR so far! I am very intent on doing either premium or platinum plan for one night, so I can't wait to read about your experiences.

Enjoyed your seaworld review. I am embarrassed to admit that I have been to Disney 14 times and have yet to go to seaworld. I need to do something about that!
Seaworld was nice, but I think I prefer Disneyworld!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsTigger80 View Post
Hi neighbor!!!

Sounds like a great start to your vacation. Can't wait to read the platinum part of your trip.....and you V&A's review...we plan on going there for our next trip in 2012! How did your upgrading your pass thing go? we let our DL AP's expire and we were going to just buy the Premier pass in May!
Hi there neighbor! How are you enjoying this weather? My platinum part is coming right up, and my Victoria and Albert's review is up already on my dining thread.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #8
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Looks like you guys had a good time at Sea World. It's somewhere that I haven't been in a long time!
Old 10-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #9
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Platinum Plan!

Bright and early we checked out of our hotel and made our way to the Wilderness Lodge...

We were supposed to check in to the club level desk, but since it was 7am there WAS no club level desk. We instead went to the regular check in, where the cast member had no idea what to do with the platinum plan. We had to wait for her to go check with someone else but she came back with our envelope full of platinum goodies. Since our room wasn't ready, I checked our bags in with bell services and we headed over to Ft. Wilderness for our Off-Roading Segway tour.

Our GPS got us there with no problems but when we parked I realized that not only did I have no idea where to go from there, I had also left all of our documents in my laptop bag...which I checked into bell services. We went over to registration and they pointed us in the right direction. Unfortunately, we had just missed the bus we needed and ended up being late for our tour. Luckily the tour leader allowed us to go on the tour even though we missed the safety video. We got our helmets and headsets and headed outside to the X-2 Segways.

After about 15-20 minutes of training, we were off! We headed through Ft. Wilderness to the horse stables to the running trails heading over to the Wilderness Lodge. We stopped for a photo op with Space Mountain in the background.

We went to the horse barn where we saw the calliope...

We headed over to the Wilderness Lodge, and then took a running trail back to Ft. Wilderness. Our guides were awesome, funny and informative. We had a great time, especially since we're from an area that doesn't really have any wilderness.

After the Segway Tour, we had some extra time and we decided to go to the Richard Petty Nascar Track so Danny could do his drive along.

The cast member there told us that although the experience only takes a few minutes, all of the drivers were on lunch so we would have to wait until they got back. We were the only ones there, and Danny decided to suit up right away.

While we were waiting, a family of 6 and a couple came in and paid as well. When the drivers came back from lunch, the boy from the family of 6 ran in front of us and ended up going first. What he didn't realize was the rest of his family was behind us still suiting up and he left them behind.

They gave Danny his headsock and helmet...

He waited for the car to pull up...

He got in...

And he took off like a rocket!

So fast he's not even in my picture...

The rest of the time I took video of him with his camera, so let's just use our imaginations....

All too soon it was time to leave.

By this time it was almost noon, and since our spa treatments were at 1:00pm we decided to head over to the Grand Floridian. We were famished at this point, but I figured the fruit at the spa would hold us over until our late lunch at Fulton's.

Did you know that the Spa entrance is NOT the main entrance to the Grand Floridian? You have to park by the wedding pavilion. I know that now.

We checked into the spa, and a nice gentleman took us back to the changing rooms, etc. He told me where everything was, and then took Danny away. I made my way in, selected a locker and grabbed a robe and slippers. Since I was only having a facial I kept my shorts on, and even though they said nude from the waist up there's no way I'm lounging around without some support. I ate a banana and an orange and had some delicious water, I also took a picture since I was the only one there.

Yes, this was luxury.

I sat down to wait, since I had forgotten my bathing suit in the car, and I'm not one to wander around nude in public.

I waited, and waited, and waited.

Other people who had finished treatments came in and out. Finally they started calling people's names, and I figured it must be 1:00pm.

I kept waiting.

and waiting.

Just when I was about to venture out to figure out what the heck was going on, my facialist came in and apologized. She said they were running late, and that I would still get my 50 minutes. I was very nervous since I'd never had a facial before. I also have very sensitive skin, so I had asked for the gentle facial and I had it noted that I am allergic to shea butter. When we got to the treatment room, she asked me to disrobe and get comfortable on the table and that she would be back in a few minutes. I reminded her of my allergy and she assured me there was no shea butter. I had my facial, and it was the most excruciating 50 minutes of my life....you see, while I was waiting I drank a lot of water and because I hadn't really eaten anything- yup, I had to pee. Finally it was over and I could leave!! I went so fast to that bathroom, but my facialist caught up with me and started talking about my skin. She wanted me to buy their products since what I use (neutrogena) is really bad. I thanked her and ran to the bathroom.

Ahhhhhh....relief. I hung out in the front waiting for Danny and checked out the product list she left for me...$60 for a face wash? Not for me.

While Danny really enjoyed his massage, I didn't like my facial even without me needing to use the potty. He's going to get two massages when we go in November instead of me using my Spa allotment.

We took some pictures of the beautiful area and then we headed back to the wilderness lodge to get changed for lunch. I needed to shower since I had all kind of muck in my hair from my facial.

Continued in next post
Old 10-24-2010, 09:37 PM   #10
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

After some help from a cast member, we found our room and this!!

A mickey towel animal.

Our view...

Headboard

lobby...

When we left to go to Downtown Disney, we accidentally took the right turn and ended up having to make a U- turn, where we saw....

Deer!

We don't have deer here, so we were really excited.

We then went to Fulton's review here.

After lunch, we went to guest services to pull our 2 day tickets from our package. We planned on combining them with our Disneyland Annual Passes to get the premier pass. The Guest service cast member assured us we could do this, BUT it was going to take a while as they didn't have the cards there. Apparently, unlike Disneyland annual passes and the premier, regular WDW annual passes are just paper. Crazy!

After about 25 minutes, we walked out with these...

Premier passes! They also gave us a giftcard worth $8, the difference between the price we paid and the price of the pass.

Downtown Disney pictures

Ominous skies, and we have our fireworks cruise in a few hours!

We went to fantasia gardens to mini golf because we had an hour before we needed to be at the boardwalk, but there was an half hour wait so we just went to the boardwalk. We rented a surrey and went all the way around the loop, in our nice clothes. Everyone was laughing and pointing at us, but we didn't mind.

We returned the surrey and walked back to the marina to check in.

Our captain was an amazing guy. They had decorated the boat for my birthday, so everyone kept wishing me a happy birthday. Our captain kept us regaled with stories, trivia and information about the resorts, and got us in the perfect position for Illuminations.

He dropped us in front of Flying Fish, review here.

After that we went back to our room, to get ready for the next day of platinum plan!!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #11
LuvsTigger80
Mouseketeer

Wow...it looks a great start to your vacation. You totally have me thinking about it. Actually ever since I first saw your trip report it has been in the back of my mind! Especially since we wanted to do a fireworks cruise and some other things!! I'm so jealous of your Premier pass. We had to let our annual passes expire because we can't really afford the monthly payments right now. But come May, we will have those passes. Thank goodness I have family that can sign us into Disneyland until then. I guess I can live through your trip report for now....i still have a very long 539 days till our next trip..

DVC members as of 5/22/11! Home resort SSR!

Past trips: 4/15-23 2008, 1/27-2-4 2009, 12/2-12 2009 All POP
Next trip: April 25th to May 4th at the Kidini Village-Savannah view

Old 10-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #12
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Oh, a premier passport!

I am sooo jealous. I wish I could justify one. Great update. Sorry you didn't like your facial. I've never had one either, and I've always been hesitant to get one.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:23 PM   #13
MEK
DIS Veteran

What a great first day! You did so many cool things.

I did not realize the segway tour went on the running path from WL to FW. I ran on that several times during my last trip to the WL. I hope I still love it when I ride the segway on it.

Ughhhhhhh.......what is wrong with neutrogena products? Do they say they no matter what you use on your face. Annoying. Sorry the facial was painful in more way than one.

Awesome firework cruise.

Can't wait to read about day 2!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 10-29-2010, 12:53 PM   #14
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

Hello Ari, OMG, I couldn't believe that it was actually you guys. We were in the same Segway Tours. I didn't recognize you at first until I saw a glimpse of myself and backside of my son in one of your pictures of the tour. Can't wait to read every detail of your trip. Great job!
Old 11-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #15
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsTigger80 View Post
Wow...it looks a great start to your vacation. You totally have me thinking about it. Actually ever since I first saw your trip report it has been in the back of my mind! Especially since we wanted to do a fireworks cruise and some other things!! I'm so jealous of your Premier pass. We had to let our annual passes expire because we can't really afford the monthly payments right now. But come May, we will have those passes. Thank goodness I have family that can sign us into Disneyland until then. I guess I can live through your trip report for now....i still have a very long 539 days till our next trip..
Aren't the Disneyland sign ins awesome? We love our premier passes so much we're upgrading again when they expire in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Oh, a premier passport!

I am sooo jealous. I wish I could justify one. Great update. Sorry you didn't like your facial. I've never had one either, and I've always been hesitant to get one.
I'm really glad I tried it, because now I never have to wonder about getting another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
What a great first day! You did so many cool things.

I did not realize the segway tour went on the running path from WL to FW. I ran on that several times during my last trip to the WL. I hope I still love it when I ride the segway on it.

Ughhhhhhh.......what is wrong with neutrogena products? Do they say they no matter what you use on your face. Annoying. Sorry the facial was painful in more way than one.

Awesome firework cruise.

Can't wait to read about day 2!
I have no idea what's wrong with Nuetrogena, I love their products. I think she just wanted us to buy their stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symans3honeybees View Post
Hello Ari, OMG, I couldn't believe that it was actually you guys. We were in the same Segway Tours. I didn't recognize you at first until I saw a glimpse of myself and backside of my son in one of your pictures of the tour. Can't wait to read every detail of your trip. Great job!
Oh cool! I wish we hadn't been late, we could have taken a picture together!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: