Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2010, 03:10 AM   #1
debdreamsofdis
DIS Veteran

I got tickets to the first taping of CONAN!

I just found out today I was selected to attend the very first taping of Conan's new show. This is really exciting for me! I am kind of a big fan.

His new show will begin taping on November 8th on the Warner Bros. Studio Lot (same lot as Ellen). I'm wondering if anyone has any good advice about hotels, restaurants, and the Burbank area in general. I've never attended a live taping before. Anything I should know in advance?

We're in Phoenix and we're not sure if we are going to drive there or catch a flight. We want to get there at least a day before and will have to leave right after the taping ends to get back home since my husband needs to work on Tuesday.

I'd love to hear any experiences you've had!
debdreamsofdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:51 AM   #2
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Awesome!! We got tickets for the second day.

I'm not really that familiar with the burbank area, but it's very close to universal citywalk...lots of cool stuff there.

For the show taping, don't wear white, leave your cell phones in the car (they usually don't allow them in at all), and make sure to get there early. You're let into the studio by order of arrival.

Hope that helps!
arilvdc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
jlmarr
You got that right

Get there plenty early. One of the original Bob's Big Boy restaurants is very nearby. I've heard good things about the Beverly Garland Hotel, also nearby. Parking for Universal Citywalk is $15, last I heard. That's a bit of sticker shock for us, since Downtown Disney parking is free for 3 hours (5 with validation).
jlmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:49 AM   #4
pigletliz
Mouseketeer

I've been to several tapings. None of them have allowed phones or cameras inside the studio and they do check inside your handbag.The persons in charge of the audience and security send people back to their cars to store their items.

Definitely eat ahead of time and bring a sweater. Nothing white or low-cut. It occasionally gets chilly inside the studio.

If you are flying out right after the taping, be sure to give yourself enough leeway, just in case the taping runs a little long.

Have fun
pigletliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:11 AM   #5
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Congrats!! I love conan!!!

I haven't been to a talk show/variety show taping, but in college we used to attend TV tapings as fundraisers (lame huh). They take a LOOOOOONG time, I would budget 3-4 hours to be safe. I think that talk shows would take less time....please report back and let us know how it goes!!

I signed myself up on the teamcoco website for Thanksgiving taping but haven't received a call yet. Maybe I will soon!
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
goofyfordisney
DIS Veteran

We also got tickets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debdreamsofdis View Post
I just found out today I was selected to attend the very first taping of Conan's new show. This is really exciting for me! I am kind of a big fan.

His new show will begin taping on November 8th on the Warner Bros. Studio Lot (same lot as Ellen). I'm wondering if anyone has any good advice about hotels, restaurants, and the Burbank area in general. I've never attended a live taping before. Anything I should know in advance?

We're in Phoenix and we're not sure if we are going to drive there or catch a flight. We want to get there at least a day before and will have to leave right after the taping ends to get back home since my husband needs to work on Tuesday.

We are going on Thursday - so excited!

We are in San Jose, so we are going to drive down really early in the morning on Thursday 11/11...they said we should be there between 12:00 and 2:00.

We are staying at the Residence Inn in Downtown Burbank with our Marriott points. We were considering going to DL afterwards...but decided it was just too much $$. Instead, I think we will do some tourist things in Hollywood the next day or go to Six Flags Magic Mountain on our way home.

Have fun!

me , DH , DS (20) , DS (25)
goofyfordisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #7
yupikgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debdreamsofdis View Post

conGRATS!! I'd love to see Conan...I am also a big fan, in fact I just watched the one last night where he had some red headed guy on, they were hilarious! I love Andy too...we went to Warner Brothers last summer for a VIP tour and LOVED it!! Our daughter is a huge HP fan, and we got to see a whole floor of memorabilia on the 2nd floor of their museum. Enjoy your show!!!
DL, CA, DD Feb 23-26, 2012 Paradise Pier!!
Going back to DL & Southern California! 5/26-6/10, 2011
Anaheim/Disneyland/Las Vegas! May 21-June 3, 2010
Disneyland, California Adventure (Anaheim) San Diego August 8-12, 13-16, 2009
Disneyworld, D Wonder & Universal Studios: Oct. 2003
Polynesian Resort, Royal Pacific Resort
Disneyland: November 1999
Disneyworld: October 1994

yupikgal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: