Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #16
theSurlyMermaid
Natural Blue
I hate mornings
Loves Apollo's Chariot

How can anyone call Hunchback horrible. I just watched it yesterday....one of the most gorgeously animated films I've ever seen. The Sanctuary scene gives me chills every time.

Not to your taste? Fine. Horrible? No freakin' way.
theSurlyMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:58 AM   #17
superme80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSurlyMermaid View Post
How can anyone call Hunchback horrible. I just watched it yesterday....one of the most gorgeously animated films I've ever seen. The Sanctuary scene gives me chills every time.

Not to your taste? Fine. Horrible? No freakin' way.
I have to agree, but I am kind of dark and twisted so it fits. I have to agree that as much as I love Robin Hood, Sword in the Stone and Winnie the Pooh, the animation is just not top notch. Now Aristocats I just hate and will find ANY excuse to hate on that movie!
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 1 year old
superme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2010, 08:04 AM   #18
Ashleyfan
Earning My Ears

Wow I like all of the ones on your list, but i do agree with you on home on the range, that movie is.... I can not even put it in words how bad that movie is
Ashleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #19
natcat117
Mouseketeer

I recently saw the Hunchback of Notre Dame 2. Now THAT was a horrible movie. I had heard bad things about it, but I didn't expect the animation to be so bad. And the plot is practically non-existent. The only reason I watched it was because "Heaven's Light" was so heartbreaking and I thought Quasimodo deserved a little love.

Thankfully I've steered clear of Home on the Range and Chicken Little. I loved Atlantis but I still have yet to see Treasure Planet. "I'm Still Here" was one of my favorite songs for a long time, though!
Old 10-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #20
JB2K
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Bishop View Post
Thoughts? Arguments? Additions?
No argument, here -- "Home on the Range" and "Treasure Planet" were both major box-office bombs -- and combined, they were the death-knell of hand-drawn animation at Disney until "The Princess and the Frog" came-along.

As for the others you mentioned, many of those titles were "hit or miss" -- that went-on with Disney from the late 1960's until the late 80's and all the way through the 90's as part of what film fans know as the "Disney Reniassance".
Old 10-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #21
LoodlesNoodles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Bishop View Post

The Great Mouse Detective - This was one when I first heard about it I thought: Sherlock Holmes with Disney animation!! What could go wrong? You could do all sorts of cool things. The problem was - they didn't. It's not horrible-horrible (like many Don Bluth movies) but it's down there.
This is ultimately one of my favourite Disney movies, I was thinking just earlier today how crazy it is that I do not own this film.
The Rescuers is a little bit amazing, I could quote that entire film for you if you'd like. Or act it out with my Miss Bianca and Bernard plushes that I hunted down whilst in Disneyland Paris last year and got so excited when I found them that I actually jumped up and down.
But then, I also really enjoy Don Bluth movies. 'Let me be your wiiiings....!'

However, Oliver and Co. was just stupid and honestly, I think it was what put me off of the story of Oliver Twist.
Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Home on the Range, I never even bothered watching. I couldn't bear the thought.
Lilo and Stitch I never bothered watching until a couple of years ago. Whilst I found the film enjoyable (and I fell in love with Stitch a little bit, he's just so cute!!) it lacks a certain something.

I choose to ignore CG animation from Disney if it's not made by Pixar though. Though I must admit to finding the hamster in Bolt quite funny.
1994 DLP - Newport Bay, Oct 2000 WDW/US -offsite, 2002 DLP - Hotel Cheyenne, Sept 2007 US/WDW - offsite, June 2009 US/WDW - offsite, Dec 2009 DLP - Santa Fe, May 2010 DLP - Sequoia Lodge, Oct 2010 US/WDW - offsite, June 2011 DLP - Hotel New York, Dec 2011 DLP - Hotel Cheyenne, March 2014 WDW/US - offsite
LoodlesNoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:39 PM   #22
danielephant
2nd Trip in January!!!!

Some of these i am yelling OH NO SHE DID NOT!!!! lol

I don't like dumbo, i don't like hunchback and i don't like pocahontas...and i have only seen mulan once or twice but i don't remember likeing it...and sadly we really don't like the princess and the frog at our house...I really hate the voodoo in it

BTW i had no idea oliver and company was based on oliver twist...but my daughter loves that movie!

My daughter also loves the fox and the hound but i loved it and bought it before she was even thought about --- my DH however HATES the movie. So i think it is just everyone's oppinion....

oh and i also didn't care for bolt

loved me some lilo and stitch from day 1!

Danielle 26,Wife to DH 26, Mommy to Evelyn about to celebrate her 4th b-day at WDW!, and Owen 1

Last edited by danielephant; 10-18-2010 at 12:55 PM.
danielephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:50 PM   #23
zackiedawg
WEDway Peoplemover Rider

Easier for me to name the ones I like: Dumbo, Bambi, Cinderella, Jungle Book, Beauty & the Beast, Alladin, Lion King, Little Mermaid, and everything Pixar has done.

The rest - may not have been 'horrible', but I didn't connect with them. I felt that some were OK, but just not anything I especially liked - such as Snow White, Song of the South, Pocahontas, Brother Bear, Dinosaur, Lady & the Tramp, Rescuers, Lilo & Stitch, and Princess and the Frog.

Then there were the ones I just didn't like - such as Mulan, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Atlantis, and Home on the Range.

The rest - all the later ones mentioned above, some of the few earlier ones mentioned, and any of the straight-to-video Pt. 2 sequels, I've never seen.

For me, Pixar has the magic Disney once had, which makes it very smart that Disney negotiated to buy them, and installed Pixar's head to the head of Disney animation. Just my personal opinion!
Old 10-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #24
princessbee
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

I think Snow White and Dinosaur are both very boring and I'm not fond of either, but I do appreciate the many magical things Snow White led to! I just really hate her voice... and her character... and the prince isn't all that great. I'm not even very into most of the princess movies, at least not as much as I'm into others, but Snow White is definitely my least favorite.

The dwarves, though. They can stay.
princessbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #25
LoodlesNoodles
DIS Veteran

Also, Cinderella.
Something about it just bugs me....
1994 DLP - Newport Bay, Oct 2000 WDW/US -offsite, 2002 DLP - Hotel Cheyenne, Sept 2007 US/WDW - offsite, June 2009 US/WDW - offsite, Dec 2009 DLP - Santa Fe, May 2010 DLP - Sequoia Lodge, Oct 2010 US/WDW - offsite, June 2011 DLP - Hotel New York, Dec 2011 DLP - Hotel Cheyenne, March 2014 WDW/US - offsite
LoodlesNoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:30 PM   #26
I Am What I Am
Pie builds amazing friendships

Gryffindor Girl
Meet Me In The Sandbox
Imagineering!

Location: Currently in the Hufflepuff Common Room, skipping Potions.

I actually love most of the movies on that list

Hunchback is one of my absolute favourites. The music, the animation and the storyline just completely suck me in while watching. I love it.

Oliver and Company: I don't know why I love this film, but I do. I remember watching when I was really young and loving it, so maybe that's it.

Atlantis: This is another one that I love but can't describe why I do. I just do.

The Great Mouse Detective: This movie...I don't know, I just like it.

Treasure Planet: I love this movie, I really do. I love the story and the colours are beautiful

Aristocats: Another one that I just love. Loved it for years.

The Sword in The Stone: I like this one too. It's just sorta whimsical. I don't like how Wart's voice keeps changing though.

The Rescuers: I like this one too. It's sorta touching, in a way.

ϟ "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry. But why on earth should that mean it isn't real?" ϟ

I Am What I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:33 PM   #27
I Am What I Am
Pie builds amazing friendships

Gryffindor Girl
Meet Me In The Sandbox
Imagineering!

Location: Currently in the Hufflepuff Common Room, skipping Potions.

I must say that I HATE most of the sequels.

I like the Lion King sequels and the Aladdin sequels but other then that, eh.

The Pocahontas sequel aggravated me so much and Hunchback's was HORRENDOUSLY animated.

ϟ "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry. But why on earth should that mean it isn't real?" ϟ

I Am What I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #28
benolathe
Mouseketeer

Personally, I hated sitting through Lilo and Stitch. Thought it was a really stupid movie.

My daughter's favorite as a toddler was The Fox and the Hound.
Disneyland (January 2004)
WDW (Dec 2009) [NYE was fabulous!]
Disneyland for CTMH Convention (July 2011)
benolathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:33 AM   #29
Bdawg
Mouseketeer

We watch Animated Disney movies all the time and all though there are some that are watched less than others there is only one in my DVD case that never gets the time of day and that is "Hunchback of Notre Dame". I have tried a couple times to make myself like it but... nothing...

I guess if they have only made one that I don't like they are doing something right. Can't please everyone all the time. In my case they do 99% of the time
DIS Dads Club Member #424

Bdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:55 AM   #30
Sephrina
Mouseketeer

No one in my house like Ratatouille. It was shown for movie night at school and I've never seen so many kids running around.

I like most of the others on everyone's lists, but maybe it's time to try them again to be sure
Sephrina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: