Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
kdm0516
Mouseketeer

Does amazon delivery to resort?

Just wondering if anyone has used Amazon to get a delivery at the resorts? I know costco delivers water but thought I could do amazon and then get apple juice too.
kdm0516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
nessz79
DIS Veteran

Don't know, but I think you would be best off with Garden Grocer. They deliver to the hotels and there's a much wider choice of food/drink.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
Susanne
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Amazon delivered to the Swan

We just got back this week. I had two Amazon orders, which they managed to split into about five different shipments, but everything arrived without a problem. Everything I ordered qualified for free Supersaver Shipping.

I used the Swan/Dolphin shipping address, as well as putting my confirmation number in brackets after name.
2002 Polynesian
1990 Offsite
Susanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
kdm0516
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
We just got back this week. I had two Amazon orders, which they managed to split into about five different shipments, but everything arrived without a problem. Everything I ordered qualified for free Supersaver Shipping.

I used the Swan/Dolphin shipping address, as well as putting my confirmation number in brackets after name.
Thanks so much. How early did you order? We arrive on the 23rd.
so would I do:
Saratoga
Krista Myers reservation number
then address
kdm0516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:02 AM   #5
ArthurIhde
Mouseketeer

yeah,i think it can be delivery to there
ArthurIhde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #6
StephanieClick
Earning My Ears

I order from Amazon every year and have it delivered to POP. I've never had any problems. I order about 6-7 days ahead of time.

If you need water or bulk snacks like M&Ms, Pop-Tarts, or hard candy, check out Staples and Office Max. Many times, they offer free shipping.

Prices on Amazon and Office Max have always been substantially cheaper than Garden Grocer.

I have heard that the resorts are now charging to hold shipments though. Can anyone confirm?

Even with a charge from the resort, I think you'll still save money over GG.

August 2003, September 2005; December 2007, December 2008, November 2009, November 2010.
StephanieClick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
capitrueno
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone,

I'll be going for the first time to WDW soon and I was hoping I could order an Amazon Kindle while staying in the hotel (I'll be at BC, btw). I sent an e-mail to enquiry about the matter to guests information at WDW website and I got this reply:
While we truly appreciate your interest, receiving, tracking or returning packages from third party vendors is not a service offered by Walt Disney World.

A United States Post Office is available in Lake Buena Vista, approximately one mile from Downtown Disney. To check availability of post office boxes for rent, please call them directly (407) 238-0223.

If you require additional assistance, may we suggest you contact the Front Desk of your Resort.
Does this mean I can't receive an Amazon order?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by capitrueno; 10-19-2010 at 06:45 PM.
capitrueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #8
Susanne
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitrueno View Post
Hi everyone,

I'll be going for the first time to WDW soon and I was hoping I could order an Amazon Kindle while staying in the hotel (I'll be at BC, btw). I sent an e-mail to enquiry about the matter to guests information at WDW website and I got this reply:
While we truly appreciate your interest, receiving, tracking or returning packages from third party vendors is not a service offered by Walt Disney World.

A United States Post Office is available in Lake Buena Vista, approximately one mile from Downtown Disney. To check availability of post office boxes for rent, please call them directly (407) 238-0223.

If you require additional assistance, may we suggest you contact the Front Desk of your Resort.

Thanks in advance!
That's strange! I've never heard of a hotel that doesn't accept packages on behalf of its guests, it's usually just a matter of how much they charge you for the privilege. I realize I'm too late to help you now, but did you ever get things sorted out?
2002 Polynesian
1990 Offsite
Susanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #9
Agri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitrueno View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
Why would you want an expensive piece of tech sent to WDW? I would not want to chance dealing with it getting lost or delayed while I was on vacation.
Agri is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: