Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
maxiv
the guy from overseas

Two guys on a budget - what would you recommend?

Hey folks,

I'm not exactly sure where to post it so I'll post this in the "Budget Board" and "Orlando Hotels and Attractions". Thank you for understanding :-)

Well I was quite active on the disboards until about 2-3 years ago. I was a cast member at the German Pavillion at EPCOT from 2007 - 2008 and haven't been back to disney since.

I'm planning to change that and I want to go with friend from December 10 - 24 (those dates are not very much flexible).

We're on a pretty tight budget so we won't be staying at a Disney hotel (allthough I really wish we would). Since I still know some people working for Disney I guess i will be able to get free into the parks for about....hm, let's say 8 of the 14 days (I hope!).

So we need a flight, a place to stay, probably a rental car (We're both 23) and restaurants....i'd like to go to some nice places occasionally (hollywood brown derby, ohanas and so on) but we will probably also go shopping to walmart and take care of our selves.

What else is there to say....I don't know...

Anyway, can u guys please recommend the best for us regarding least expensive hotel near Disney and how to handle the park-entrance-fees for the days that we won't get in for free? I guess we could spend some time with resort-hopping on some days but if we would like to go to the parks - is there a certain deal that we should take advantage of?

Thank you in advance for helping me :-)

Max

Former Cast Member at EPCOT

Have a look at my gallery from my trip to WDW in summer '05 : KLICK
Comments and ratings will be appreciated

1998 : First trip at age of 11 with my parents@ Boardwalk

2005 : Second trip with my parents, first one for my girlfriend @ Coronado Springs

Aug 2007 - Aug 2008 : Cast Member at the German Pavillion at EPCOT

BOO!
maxiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
dgr1973
DIS Veteran

Check out travelzoo.com, they have a deal right now for the Clarion in Lake Buena Vista (used to be a Comfort Inn) for 39 per day! We stayed there last year and we really liked it. They have shuttles to the parks and the rooms were recently renovated and very clean. It was very close to DTD as well.
dgr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
dgr1973
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah, not sure if there are really any great deals on park tickets but Undercovertourist.com usually has the best price.
dgr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote