Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

Pin Trading, Pineapple Bars, and Italian Wine, OH MY! Sept. 2010 TR UPDATE 8/20 pg 9

Hello! So glad to have you here. This is my Trip Report for my Girls Only Trip! My friend Nikki

And me!

To read all the details, stop by my PTR. Briefly, DH suggested Nikki and I go to Disney together since we were both obsessed with Disney World. Oh, yeah, and he didn't want to go back!

Nikki and I made our plans and booked them in April. Between then and the time we left, everything has gotten in the way of our trip from money issues to me losing my job! We decided NOTHING was going to keep us from going to Disney World!

Trip Report Chapter list:
Arrival- you are here.
Figment and World Showcase
World Showcase 2
World Showcase 3
Tepan Edo
Wednesday, September 22
Mission Space- "To Motion Sickness and Beyond!"
World Showcase. . again? Part 1
World Showcase. . again? part 2
World Showcase. . again? part 3
World Showcase. . again? part 4
Les Chefs de France
Thursday, September 23-MK and DHS!!!
Fantasyland and pin trading!
Is that Jack Sparrow???
Buying Pins to Trade- is Disney genius or what??
Main Street and Halloween decorations!
American Idol, Sci-Fi, and. . . .ROLLER SKATES?????
Sci-Fi and the craziness called "Fantasmic!"
Friday, September 24- O'hana
Shopping at the Poly and HS
TSM and the Little Mermaid
"You're not 30???" and Meeting Mickey
September 24- still at DHS!
Rain, Rain, Go Away!
More MSEP and EPCOT EMH
EPCOT EMH-World Showcase at Night!
Random Photopass Pictures
Saturday, September 25-Animal Kingdom- Everest, pineapple bars, and tigers!
AK-the Everest and Dinosaur dance
Nemo the Musical and Flame Tree BBQ
The Elusive Pin Cart
LeCellier
Sunday, September 26- I wish you could have seen the faces!!!
Running of the Tourists and KTTK 1
KTTK 2
KTTK 3
KTTK 4
MK- more things we've never done before!
MK-Even MORE things we hadn't done before
Again? Yes, we are eating at EPCOT again!

Tuesday,September 21- We're off!

Our flight on Tuesday morning was scheduled to leave at 7:50am. DH took me to the airport. We got there around 6:20am. He kissed me good-bye and then he headed off to work. I got my bag checked by 6:35 and then waited on Nikki. She had texted me she was on her way. A little later, she texted me that she was in traffic. I waited outside the security gates for her to arrive.

I waited as the time ticked by. . .

6:50

7:00

7:10

Hmm. . .Our boarding pass said we were to board at 7:20. Where was she??

Suddenly, I heard her call my name. She was rushing in. I followed her to the self-bag-check kiosk. She logged in and tried to check her bag.

The machine said no!

WHAT?

We called an airline person over to help us. Yep, the machine was right. Nikki was too late to check her bags. We pleaded with the lady. She told Nikki she would have to travel with her bags. Nikki was so flustered. We begged the woman to try to do something. . .

The lady went behind the counter and started working on the computer. She was asking Nikki questions, and then she had questions for me. She informed me that since my bag was checked, I HAD to get on my plane. Nikki would have to come on the next flight. She told me to get to my terminal otherwise, I would have trouble, too!

Quickly, I shoved the ME slip into Nikki's hand, so she could get to the resort. I grabbed my stuff and did my best to . . .er. . sail through security. No problems, but it did seem to take forever!!!!!

As I got through security, Nikki was still working with the airline lady. I got to my terminal. Everyone was just standing around, and it looked like no one had boarded yet. Phew!

I ran up to the counter and asked the lady if I had the right boarding pass. She looked at it, checked the computer, and said I was fine.

With a pounding heart, I walked back to stand with the masses. I was worried about Nikki. This wasn't a good way to start the trip. I text DH and told him what happened and then turned my phone off.

As I stood there, Nikki came up to me. She was through security and was going to have to wait for her flight. As we talked, she told me all the airline lady had done. She checked on the next flight. SHe told Nikki protocol said she would have to fly stand-by. When she checked the flight, it was fairly empty, so the lady gave a seat because it was obvious Nikki was beside herself. She also weighed Nikki's bag. . .it was 51 pounds- 1 pound over the limit. She looked at Nikki and said "looks like 50 pounds to me!" Nikki was thrilled. The lady said Nikki needed to bring her a latte the next time she came through her line! Pixie Dust!!!

As Nikki explained all this to me, the lady at the terminal desk was calling names. I only heard Nikki's last name. I looked at her and she looked at me, and we both said, "Was that your (my) name??" She went up to the desk. The woman there asked Nikki why she didn't have a boarding pass for this flight. Nikki explained that she was only minutes too late to get her bag checked for this flight. The lady said Nikki was already checked in for that flight (which I had done online.) Nikki explained what happened and that she was told she had to fly with her luggage. The lady asked her if she wanted to get on this flight. Nikki emphatically answered YES!!! The lady called me over and made sure we had seats together. She told Nikki she didn't care which flight she was on- she just wouldn't have her bag when she got to the destination. Nikki said that was fine because it was going straight to the room anyway, and she didn't need it. THe lady printed her a boarding pass and handed it to her! Nikki was flying with me! Pixie Dust!!!!

We were so excited! Finally, our trip was feeling right. They announced that our flight was boarding, and when we checked the sign, it said the projected departure was now 8:20. Apparently, they had to use a different plane than they planned. It was much bigger which is why they were able to get Nikki on the flight!!! (That was so GOD, we both decided!)

We boarded the plane and found our seats. Here we are- flustered and tired, but happy to be on the plane to Disney World! (Yeah, no laughing at my face. . .self shot photos are tough!)

Once we got going, the flight was uneventful. Nikki and I watched some TV show episodes they showed on the Cabin TV. That helped pass the time, and they were funny, too! (Honestly, I don't know if it was the stress of what, but we were laughing so hard!)

We landed at MCO, and it was like coming home. I walked through the familiar terminal. We caught the mock-monorail to the mail airport. We made our way to level 1 to catch ME.

There were so many people in line!!! Quickly, we were checked by a CM and told to go to line 7

We waited for a while. It was interesting to see the different types of people in line for the different hotels.

Finally, our line was allowed to load a bus!

We loaded the bus and headed off to Disney WOrld!!!

Across the isle was a couple. They were older and holding hands. They appeared to be alone (no grandkids, etc). Nikki and I thought they were cute. Older and going to Disney WOrld- just the two of them! I must admit, I was a little envious. DH would never do that again!

We watched the video and then. . .through the bug-splattered windshield:

There it was. . .the must beautiful site! I was HOME!

The bus stopped at All-Star Sports and then onto All-Star Music. When we got off the bus, there was a CM with a Mickey Hand waving to us!

We walked into the lobby. There was only one person ahead of us. We got to the desk, and checked in. Nikki had made it abundantly clear that she wasn't going to stay in the Country Music buildings. I had called and requested the Broadway (Beauty and the Beast) buildings the night before and was crossing my fingers when the CM pulled out the map. She wrote down building 3, and of course, her arm was covering the map! She circled building 3 which was a Rock'n'Roll building. Ok. . .not what we wanted but not what we didn't want. We were good!

We grabbed our keys and information and headed out to our room! We walked to the building, up the stairs hidden in a large speaker, and around the maze of the building until we came to our room!!

I handed Nikki the key and she unlocked the door. We walked in and dumped our stuff. I only got a couple pictures of the room

I was anxious to get the parks! We took care of a few things, and then got our stuff together for the park!

We headed out the door to find a bizzion love bugs. The most appropriate title for this TR would have been "I'm NOT a hotel!! LOVE BUGS get off!" They were everywhere all the time. We had never seen them before. We, of course, took pictures of the bugs!

We headed down to the bus stop and grabbed a bus for EPCOT. We got to the park, through the bag check, and into the park! Of course, we stopped for the photopass pictures. We haven't gotten our CD yet, but I have a few that they shot with my camera.

We decided to ride Spaceship Earth. The line was short, so we got to ride quickly.

Once we finished the ride, we sent our postcards from the future! Then we played some of the games at the exit. We played one where we were helping a town make energy. This was a neat mural that was lit up.

Pin Trading, Pineapple Bars, and Italian Wine, OH MY! September 2010 TR

All-Star Music- Girls' Trip 2010 Pre-Trip Report
Cornado Springs- Birthday Trip November 2008 Pre-Trip Report Never finished TR
Caribbean Beach- August 2002
All-Star Movies- College Graduation May 2002
Dixie Landings-July 1992

Last edited by Belle_princess; 08-20-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hey Kristin!
I'm here!!! YAY!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Hey Kristin!
I'm here!!! YAY!!!
Welcome Kristen! So glad to see yoU!

Dixie Landings-July 1992
Old 10-06-2010, 08:06 AM   #4
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

Figment and World Showcase

We headed to Innoventions. Nikki said we had to do "run time" which is where you get put into a video game! Funny Funny! I look really dorky running!

Inside Innoventions, I saw this sign and found it extremely humorous!!!

Then we headed to Soarin' for Fast Pass. The return time was for 8:00 which is when we had dinner reservations. No biggie, we decided to use them later.

We then hopped next door to ride Journey to Imagination! Nikki LOVES Figment, so we had to ride! We got off the ride singing and skipping!

We decided to go next door and ride Captain EO!

(Not the best picture. . .I was trying to shoot it while walking. . .)

I remembered the little flying ewok from Captain EO when I saw it in 1992. Seeing it again was really pretty cool- even though it is outdated. It really made me feel like a kid!

We decided to head to the World Showcase and just putter around because it is SO AWESOME!

This time, we kinda bypassed Canada. We just walked through. Hey, it was our first day. I was just glad to be taking it all in!!!

We walked into the UK Pavilion. Of course, we had to stop and take pictures with these. . .

Nikki and I were determined to do as much shopping as we could. Nikki's theory was to shop at the beginning of the trip and buy items you couldn't live without at the end of the trip. This started a 'fad' (if you will) of taking pictures of items we wanted to think about buying or of items we could never afford but wanted to remember anyway!!!

We stepped into the Tea shop in the UK and made our way around the shops there. I was looking to try candy from the different pavilions, but I didn't have my list with me. I started shooting pictures of that, too.

Nikki's dad likes swords, so this was a must-take picture! There was NOTHING here we could afford! Sheez!

As we walked out of the final UK store, we noticed this Hop-Skotch trail drawn on the ground. (We noticed each day was a different one)

We made our way through the pavilion. . .

. . .to see Mary Poppins standing for pictures and autographs. We stood and watched her interact with the guests for a little while. I thought about getting in line, but I was a little chicken. Why would two 30-something-year-olds stand in line to meet characters? Then I thought about my trip with DH. When I got home, I was most disappointed that I didn't meet some of the characters I saw. . . That's when I jumped into line. Nikki looked at me funny and decided to stand in line with me, too! We were at Disney. . .who really cared how silly you looked. . .you can be a kid and no one cared how old you really are. That was it for me. . .I was meeting characters this trip. . .period!!!

I was actually a little nervous. Jeez!

We continued on into the showcase. I pointed out the International Gateway which Nikki had no idea was even there. We walked down the slope to see Peter Pan with no one in line to see him. I walked right up to him. Nikki wanted no part, so I handed her my camera. While she was trying to take the picture, another guest offered to take our picture together with Peter Pan. Nikki came up, and Peter Pan asked us if we wanted to Fly? Nikki said no, but I said ok. He told us to put our arms out. I love this picture!!

We shopped at the International Gateway. When we came out, I shot a few pictures

Dixie Landings-July 1992

Last edited by Belle_princess; 10-07-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:52 AM   #5
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

World Showcase 2

We headed into France. Gosh, I love feeling like I've traveled the world by only walking the few miles of the Showcase. As we walked into France, we saw Marie (from Aristocats), but neither of us cared much to meet her. Then, we saw Aurora meeting guests toward the back of the French pavilion! If Nikki had to pick a favorite princess, it would be Aurora or Ariel, so I knew we had to meet Aurora. We got in line. It was cute to watch her interact with the children- calling the girls princesses and the boys princes! It was our turn. I gave my camera and our photopass card to the photopass person. She used my camera (which of course was set wrong) and then her's. Well, our photopass pictures with Aurora didn't show up on the photopass! So my blurry picture is all we have!

As we left Aurora, I saw this awesome garden:

We into the French Pavilion. We saw this sign:

Nikki said she had no idea what was in that building. I remembered seeing this film in 2002, so I told her it a film about France. We decided to go watch it! (Remember- this trip was all about doing things one or both of us had never done! Obviously, something new for Nikki!) The movie was great, but a little outdated. No big deal!

After the movie, we ducked into the French wine shop. We stopped to look at the individual chocolates.

Nikki bought a couple. She also decided to try some wine while I looked around. On our way out, we saw a sign that had a picture of Remy and it said he was having trouble getting back to his restaurant and could we help. We asked the CM that had poured Nikki's wine. He said that that picture of Remy was around the shop somewhere and if we found it, there could be a prize involved-possibly free drinks. We started looking. The CM indicated it was behind the counter. We searched. Then he indicated with his head that it was behind him. There was a large painting behind him. I saw Remy hiding in a busy corner of the painting. I pointed him out. The CM smiled and handed us some Mickey stickers. Oh well. Now, we knew what to do!

We headed out of France looking for one thing. . .the infamous Gray Goose Slush! We found the little kiosk that sold them. We decided to buy the Lemon one. We ordered it and then tried to find a place to drink it. We started by the fence around the Lagoon. The drink was melting quickly.

We saw a little table and sat down. It was pretty breezy, so that is why we look like we do!

VERY YUMMY!!! Wow! I think we probably drank it a little too fast!!! OH well. It was worth it!

After our break, we continued on through the showcase. As we moved between the French pavilion and the Morrocan pavilion, I saw a line of people. There was Belle meeting guests! I shrieked, "There's Belle!" and grabbed Nikki's arm! Like a mother with an excited child, she said, "Go get in line. . .you know you want to!" I ran to the line!!!

While we waited, we tried one of the French chocolates. I think it was a coffee chocolate. It was quite good. As we stood in line, we noticed Belle was walking down the line. The people in front of us said they were waiting for the Beast to come out. Belle asked us if we were, too, waiting for the Beast. We said no! Belle took us back to her little meet and greet spot. I handed my camera and photopass card to the photographer.

As we walked up to Belle, she noticed we had on our "I'm Celebrating" buttons. She asked what we were celebrating. Nikki answered it was her 30th birthday. I said I was celebrating a 'new chapter in my life.' Belle gave me a high five! (I thought she was just being encouraging, however, it didn't dawn on my until later that she gave a high five because I said "Chapter" and Belle loves to read! DUH!! Belle: 1 Kristin: 0).

We posed with Belle, and suddenly Nikki points to a rabbit. The photopass photographer shot a picture. We all laughed at that. Belle noticed the rabbit and laughed at Nikki saying she was funny and easily districtable saying, "Oh look, something shinny!" We all laughed.

Somehow, during our conversation, we started talking about the Beast. Belle said he was handy to keep around because he would take pictures and reach things because he was tall. Nikki said something about a guy friend of her's who is VERY tall, and Belle asked her if her friend was hairy like the Beast. Nikki said no, and Belle admitted she was a little jealous because she sometimes wished the Beast would shave!! Nikki said it would be funny if the Beast shaved everything but his head leaving a POOF of hair (she showed this with her hands around her head.) We were all laughing as we thanked Belle and walked off. While we were walking off, we heard Belle asked, "Is there anyone here for just me??" Nikki and I laughed, and I said that's pretty said that everyone is waiting for the Beast. I was excited to just see Belle and get to spend as much time with her as we did.

We headed into the Morrocan pavilion where we did some shopping and looking around.

We stopped in the Restaurant Marrakesh to see it. I've eaten there and loved it, but it was pointless to eat there with Nikki on this trip because it had too many things she couldn't eat. (She has a gluten allergy.) We just stopped, so she could see it.

As we were walking out, we saw this massive door. Nikki made a comment that I needed to take the picture because it was perfect for her very tall friend. I asked her if she wanted to stand by the door to show how big it was. She posed for me!

By the lagoon, we stopped to hear a Morrocan band playing and watch a Belly Dancer! She was very good and had amazing control of her body! Wow!!

After listening for a while, we moved onto the Japan pavilion.

Dixie Landings-July 1992

Last edited by Belle_princess; 10-07-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:53 AM   #6
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

What a great start to your trip report!

I'm so glad that Nikki was able to get on your flight, PHEW!

I love love love your picture with Peter Pan, very cute!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:59 AM   #7
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
What a great start to your trip report!

I'm so glad that Nikki was able to get on your flight, PHEW!

I love love love your picture with Peter Pan, very cute!
Hi Leslie! Glad to have you here!

Dixie Landings-July 1992
Old 10-07-2010, 08:07 AM   #8
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

World Showcase 3

In the Japanese pavilion we just looked around and shopped in the large store beneath the restaurants because we were way too early for our dinner reservations. We found this:

Monchichi!!! We both grew up with those! How cool!

We continued shopping and looking around the pavilion.

(Can you say "Forced Perspective!" As the building gets taller, the bricks are made smaller, so the building actually looks taller! They do that on Cinderella Castle, too!)

We even checked out an anime display. I admit, I think anime is pretty cool. It was a very interesting display! I knew a little about the history of anime and where some of the ideas came from, but I had no idea how all these mythical and legendary beasts had worked their way into Japanese cartoons! It was fascinating! (I took a couple pictures of the Moon Rabbit stuff because it has to do with Sailor Moon which I love! Yeah, I know. . .)

We walked through the American Pavilion. . .

to the Italy Pavilion! I LOVE the Italy pavilion, but I don't know why. I've never been to Italy. (After this particular Disney World trip, the Italian pavilion has an ever greater allure. . .you'll find out more later!)

We did some shopping, and I drooled over the beautiful Italian masks!

Then we looked around the pavilion. We looked inside the packed Via Napoli restaurant!

We headed out of the pavilion and stopped at a few more shops on the way out.

(Did I mention. . .I LOVE this pavilion!)

At this point, it was nearly time for our 7:10pm ressies at Tepan Edo, so we made our way back to the Japanese Pavilion. We checked in at the litte outside stand, and the CM asked us to go upstairs to officially check in. We did. On the majority of our reservations, I had indicated that there was an allergy in our party. When the CM checked the computer, she checked my name and the time of the reservation, and as she was handing us our pager, she asked about the allergy that was associated with our reservation. We explained Nikki's allergy, and the CM said that it would be addressed once we were seated. Wow! Disney is really on top of things!

We sat down near the entrance of Tepan Edo and waited for our pager to go off. I jotted down the events of the trip in my little book. We didn't wait too long- after only about 10 minutes or so, our pager went off. We got up and headed to the check in desk just inside the Tepan Edo doors.

The CM took our pager and the pager of another couple and of a family with one child. They sat us together at a large table. We were given menus and chopsticks if we desired. One CM would bind the chopsticks together to make eating with them easier for anyone who needed it. She stuck something between the sticks and then with flying hands, wrapped a rubber band around them. It was incredible!

(There are too many pictures, so more on next post!)

Dixie Landings-July 1992
Old 10-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #9
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

Tepan Edo

Shortly after we were seated, our waitress came by to get our drink orders. We also talked to the father of the family sitting at the table with us. He was there with his wife, his son, and the father's uncle. He was very nice, and talked to us the whole time. (He said he was a lurker on the DIS. I told him to create a name and catch my TR! Are you out there Grumpy from Ohio?? )

As we talked to Grumpy (who wasn't Grumpy at all, but his wife said that was a perfect name for him normally!!), we discovered his son had the same allergy as Nikki along with a diary allergy, and Grumpy had an allergy to shellfish (I believe). The chef came and talked to all of them to create a meal they could eat. The boy and the father's meals were going to make in the back since their food couldn't be made with the rest of our food. Nikki's food was going to be made at our table.

Our drinks came, and Nikki decided to order some Plum Wine which sounded very good.

(not the best picture, but you get the idea)

It was delicious. Sweet like juice with a little tangy taste at the end!

There was a man at the other end of the table who ordered a Saki sampler. We all started discussing Saki. Nikki and I admitted we wanted to try it, but we were a little afraid because of what he had heard about it. Grumpy said his uncle wanted some, and he wanted to try it. He offered to order the sampler, and everyone could try some. Nikki agreed. The sampler was ordered, and when the CM brought it, she described each kind of Saki and gave us instructions to SIP the Saki and not to slam it like a shot! OK! The Saki glasses were passed around, and everyone tried it.

Nikki and I shared the milder Saki. It was quite good. Much smoother than we expected. It had a terrible smell, though! PHew!

We ordered our food, and while we waited for our chef, Grumpy took our picture

Our chef came. He had prepare Nikki's food first to be sure the noodles from the rest of our meals wouldn't contaminate it. Our chef was hilarious! He hammed his act up for Grumpy's boy, who, I think, was not impressed!

At one point, he picked up a shrimp and made it move its tail like it was swimming. He said "Look, Nemo! Nemo? Nemo??" He ended looking at the boy. The boy just looked at him, and the chef put the shrimp down. . "Maybe not."

He sliced an onion and made an onion volcano!

Then, while he was cooking, he put some sesame seeds down on the grill and said . . .

"Sesame Street!" I groaned, but it was funny!

Nikki and I both ordered "Nihonbashi" which was sirloin steak and chicken breast. Nikki's just didn't have the noodles.

It was delicious! We were really full, but being on the dinning plan, we still had dessert left. Thanks to some of you on the DIS, I remembered reading that the Green Tea pudding and the Chocolate Ginger cake were both very good. I knew Nikki couldn't have the Chocolate Ginger cake, but I wasn't sure which of these I wanted. Nikki ordered the Green Tea Pudding, so I got the cake. Here we are with our desserts:

Both were very good, but that Green Tea pudding was phenomenal!!! Words just don't describe it! WOW! I would eat that again and again!!

We finished dinner and paid our bill. As we left the restaurant, we realized that the fireworks were about to start. Nikki and I decided not to stay this time because we would be at EPCOT so many times during our stay. We decided our best bet would be to get a bus during the fireworks, so we didn't have to deal with all the people.

Nikki took off at a very fast pace towards the front of the park! I was struggling to keep up! She moves VERY fast! She would weave through people, and then those people would close the gap and I was stuck! AHH!

We got through the park, but as we were nearing the fountains in Future World, we heard the finale of the fireworks. Oh man! Nikki told me to move faster! She took off saying she was going to the restroom and she'd meet me outside. I was huffing and puffing. By the time I reached the restroom, she was already finished. We took off again, through the gates and on the LONG walk to the buses. I swear Nikki was moving even faster- must have had something to due with the fact that she wasn't carrying as much liquid now!

As we neared the bus stop, we noticed there was a bus for All-Star Music. Nikki took off in a run. I picked up my pace the best I could, but I had two cameras and my camera bag! One camera was attached to my belt loop and was flopping around, and my DSLR around my neck and in my hands, so nothing would happen to it!!! I was moving as fast as I could.

I saw the bus loading. Then I heard Nikki call to me. She was standing inside the buses door. The bus driver poked his head out to see who I was. Nikki pointed as I made my way under the line ropes. I got on the bus. The driver had waited for me!

He closed the door, and we were on our way. Nikki and I were standing at the front of the bus. I put my DSLR into my camera bag. On the way to the resort, the bus driver, TOM, decided the regular recorded information wasn't good enough. He decided to take a survey of the riders on the way back. He was extremely entertaining!! He asked us to rate our time at the park, the top rides, the cleanliness of the park, the efficiency of the CMs in the park and on the bus. Finally, he asked us to rate our bus driver. He was way cool! What a great way to end the day- not the normal recorded stuff you have memorized by the end of the trip, but a fun driver with a great attitude! WE LOVED TOM!!!!! (Only one other bus driver during our stay was close to Tom is greatness!)

We got back to ASMu and headed to our room. Remember, at the beginning of the day, Nikki's luggage hadn't made the same flight she did, so she wasn't sure what was going to happen. We got to our room, opened the door to see two suitcases sitting in there! Total score! ME works well!!!!

We opened the luggage and everything was safe. We had each packed a bottle of wine to have a glass in the room at the end of the day. Neither bottle was broken. We unpacked and put things away.

However, we noticed our room was incredibly hot. We changed the settings on the AC, but it didn't seem to help. Nikki called maintenance. They said someone would be up soon. She showered while I waited for the guy. Then I showered. He came while I was in the shower, and Nikki said he changed out the control unit in the room. It seemed to make a difference! Phew!

We stayed up for a while. I recorded the events of the day as well as the money I spent. (This became a nightly routine- check out the loot from the day and record any money spent!)

We called it a night without setting an alarm for the next morning! What a day!

Dixie Landings-July 1992

Last edited by Belle_princess; 10-07-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #10
tink1957
DIS Veteran

You're off to a great start I feel like I'm there with you. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #11
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1957 View Post
You're off to a great start I feel like I'm there with you. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, Vicki! I'm glad to have you here!

Dixie Landings-July 1992
Old 10-08-2010, 08:35 AM   #12
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

Wednesday, September 22

I didn't sleep well that night. . .I think I was too excited to be at Disney World and to get back to the parks! I woke up around 6:30. I tried to go back to sleep, but, alas, it was no use. I layed in bed hoping Nikki would wake up, but she didn't. I got up and quietly got dressed. I grabbed my camera, room key, and money, and headed out the door. I figured I'd go get some coffee and take pictures of the resort before the rain that was supposed to come came. The weather said we would have rain for the rest of the trip starting Thursday, so I figured I would shoot some resort pictures while the sun was out.

Our Building

Images by Piano Pool

Other things at ASMu

I went to the Food Court and got a refillable mug! Yeah. . .really? "$14 dollars?!?!?!?! Oh well. I figured if nothing else, I could get coffee every morning because neither Nikki or I drank much soda.

I went to the gift shop just to look around! Man, do I LOVE Disney merchandise! So much fun!

Then, I headed back to the room. I decorated our window the night before- not much, but fun! (And it made it easier to find our room when we were tired!)

As I opened the door, I noticed Nikki was up and getting dressed. We shared the coffee while she got ready. I put batteries back in my cameras, and pulled money out for the day. We also munched on granola bars and beef jerky for breakfast! Yeah, yeah, I know. . .

I had brought extra pins I had to trade with CMs. I split up what I had, and gave some to Nikki. She had never collected pins or knew you could trade with CMs before, so this was all new to her. She figured it would be cool with what I gave her. (Oh, you will see how this EXPLODES!!)

Our plan was EPCOT today- a full day at the park!! We walked down to the food court after we were ready. Nikki wanted something else to eat, so she used a snack credit to get a frozen pineapple bar. (These became a vital part of our trip! Do I have a picture? NO!!!)

We got in the line for the bus. According to all the crowd projections I'd see, today was supposed to be light at EPCOT. Umm, when Nikki looked at the 30 or so people in line, she said "Light day, today? Really?" How was I to know? OH well. We stuck to the plan. (Honestly, I think Nikki would stay at EPCOT regardless of the crowds!)

We got a bus and headed back to EPCOT. As we walked in, we Daisy greeting people, but she had a big line. This started a discussion of who is in the "Fab 5." No, Daisy isn't an official member of the Fab 5. It is Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto. Nope, Daisy is just Daisy! (However, while at WDW, I did notice she was with the Fab 5 quite a bit. Maybe they made it the Fab 6 since I worked at the Disney Store!)

We continued on, and went into the little gift shop on the left of Spaceship Earth. It had generic stuff, but we just looked around. Nikki bought a few postcards and looked at CM pins. Then we headed to the Art of Disney Store! I love these stores, but I can't afford much in them!

Nikki found an incredible matted picture of the ground on which WDW was built before much had taken place. Over that image were superimposed ghostly images of Walt and Cinderella Castle! Underneath, it said Vision. It was gorgeous! Nikki and I "ooo"ed and "ahh"ed over it. Nikki decided she wanted it for her Dad. It was the last one in the store! I begged a CM to go look to see if he could find me one, but there weren't any more. I was bummed. OH well- I knew there were other Art of Disney Stores, and I would keep looking!

Since I can't afford anything here, I shot pictures! Here are some of my favorites:

Mickey in Thru the Mirror- one of my very favorite Mickey cartoons:

LOVE this picture of Belle. It is was in an art of Princesses book! Great stuff! I nearly bought the book.

At this point, we'd probably spent an hour or so looking at Disney art. We decided to head into the park. As we walked in, we saw the wait time board. It said Mission Space had nearly no wait, but that Test Track had something like a 35 minute wait (I think.) We decided to get a FP for Test Track, and then to ride Mission Space.

Dixie Landings-July 1992

Last edited by Belle_princess; 10-08-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:52 AM   #13
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

Mission Space- "To Motion Sickness and Beyond!"

I explained to Nikki that there were two sides to Mission Space- the Green (weenie) side (which I had ridden in the past) and the Orange side. We decided we would do the Orange side. As we walked in, the CMs gave us a card with our Color on it. On the card was a huge warning about the ride. Hmm. . . I knew the Orange side simulated the G-force, but I didn't think they would have to warn you about health issues. Oh well.

We walked through the que up too the CM who took our card. (The green side had a small line. . . ) We were put in the room where you watch the video. Once the video was completed, we were lead to our Space Ship. There was a monitor outside the Ship's door that indicated the ship's readiness. Also, it gave the same warning about health issues. Ok, already, we get it!!

We got into our space ship after being assigned our duties. I was the Navigator. We loaded our ship and strapped in. While we were sitting there, we noticed by each seat were barf bags. Hmm. . .Really?? I had heard people threw up, but I didn't think it was that bad! Ok.

The ride started and we "blasted" off. WHOA!!!! I was squished to my seat with the incredible force! Umm. . .ok. The ride continued, and towards the end, Nikki asked everyone if it would be a bad time to tell them she was going to be sick, but no one heard the end of her comment because the ride audio got really loud!!! We crashed onto Mars and through the barricade onto the cliff. . .I won't spoil anymore for those who haven't ridden it.

Once the ride was over, Nikki said she wasn't feeling well and would NEVER ride that again! I chuckled as we unloaded the ship and walked into the hallway that lead to the exit. I was looking down at my feet while we walked out. I thought I was ok until I looked up to see where we were going. Suddenly, I was struck with dizziness and nausea! I had to put my hand on the wall to stabilize myself! Oh wow!!

Ok. . .Nikki and I survived the Orange-barf-bag-side. We will NEVER do that again!! UGH!

We had to just walk around the area at the end of the ride to wait out the sick feeling. We played some games and sent emails from Space! We were starting to feel better.

While Nikki was playing a game, I noticed a not-so-hidden-Hidden-Mickey!

As we walked out of Mission Space, we decided we needed something to make us feel better. We headed to a snack stand that had the infamous Pineapple Bars. As we did, we passed a trashcan that was randomly blowing bubbles out into the area around it. Cool!

We both got Pineapple Bars which made an enormous difference!!! Nikki walked off while I was paying for my bar, and we got separated for a while. No big deal. . .we DID find each other.

Yummy Pineapple bars!!! (this isn't my photo, but it gets the idea across!)

By the time we finished our Pineapple Bars, it was time to use our FP for Test Track! We hopped in line and walked through the waiting area. We were let straight into the area immediately before the video room. We waited there a while. Finally, we were let in the Video room where we say the pre-show to the ride. Behind the TVs was a white board which had a Mickey icon on it! No picture, sorry. We made our way through the loading line and into the front of a car!!

Test Track is cool! I tried to video the ride, but that didn't work out so well! Oh well. As we unloaded our car and walked through the area to the exit, Nikki made a comment at how much Disney is different Six Flags. The area immediately following the unloading area is where you see your ride photo. It was a large area (that was themed, of course). Nikki commented how clean and brand new it looked even though Test Track has been there for a while. She was saying how Disney doesn't let anything look dirty or unkept unlike other places! She was so right- this is something we noticed throughout the trip!

We went through the car displays. . .Love the Camaro!!

We shopped in the gift shop and checked all the CM's pins. Nikki found some awesome Pirate pins and I think a Figment pin. I got a little round pin with lime green and silver Mickey heads on it. (From this point on, it was a pin hunt, although, I didn't know it yet!!! I had created a PIN MONSTER! )

We left Test Track and headed to Mouse Gears- one of my favorite stores at WDW. On the way, I snapped this picture

I thought it was neat the way Spaceship Earth just peeks through the trees.

Inside Mouse Gears, we looked at all the great merchandise and themeing!

Silly Hat Pictures!

Then we found some Friends! Nikki wanted a Wall-E and there he was. She also found a talking Dog!

The big Stitch had no price which was probably good because I might have bought him!

Dixie Landings-July 1992
Old 10-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #14
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Loving all the pics and update, Kristin! We were in Epcot the same day, so we had to have passed each other a dozen times! Bummer we never connected!!!

I'm with you, LOVE Mousegears! My fav!! And i'm with you even further with Mission to Space......
Old 10-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #15
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Loving all the pics and update, Kristin! We were in Epcot the same day, so we had to have passed each other a dozen times! Bummer we never connected!!!

I'm with you, LOVE Mousegears! My fav!! And i'm with you even further with Mission to Space......
Thanks, Kristen! No updates this weekend, but I'll be back on top of things on Monday! Thanks for reading!!

Dixie Landings-July 1992

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: