Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
tamaraten
Mouseketeer

Smile Please help first-time-off-site visitor!

This will be my family's second time to WDW. The first time, last December, we stayed at the Contemporary which was wonderful for its location. My husband and I have four children, ages 12, 10, 8 and 6, and it was tight in our one room. However, in our case, we really used the hotel just for sleeping. We were out all day long, and never returned mid-day to the hotel. We'd arrive very late, and just crash.

We're hoping to go again this December and am seriously considering an off-site location. For the prices I've seen and the space (despite that we're not in the room much), I think it's a good idea. I also don't mind getting away from the parks for at least 8-9 hours (of sleeping time!).

I have researched like crazy and my head is swimming with possibilities. I think I've narrowed it down to a few and was hoping for some advice.

Which would you recommend between the Floridays, WorldQuest and Sheraton Vistana Resort?

Is there any other that might be even better? (I'm looking in the $100-$150 per night range)

I've read almost all the reviews on TripAdvisor for the Orlando hotels, and I don't know how I narrowed it down - I'm sure my short-list could probably be improved.

I'm wary of what things look like over the internet and what the reality is. I'd like to have something close to the parks (we'll have our own car), that can comfortably sleep 6, with a kitchen, and CLEAN!! We are not so interested in the hotel activities as we'll be out at the parks all day (we live abroad, so the experience is really for the WDW parks as opposed to the hotel).

I appreciate the help and thank you in advance!

ps. I just reposted this with a Bold title - I hope that isn't annoying - I'm new to posting practice.
tamaraten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
jctwizzer
DIS Veteran

The only one we've stayed at is Vistana...and have stayed several times and
will again in Feb........Good location and nice facilities. Vistana Villages is
also nice, just not as close
jctwizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

The places you mentioned are fine, but for location and value, Check out the "we loooooove Bonnet Creek" thread.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek is located next door to the Caribbean Beach resort and you can get a 2 bedroom 1,400 square-foot villa for $100 a night or less.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote