Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2010, 07:16 AM   #91
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to hear that your day didn't go as you had planned. I had a few of those this trip as well. For the past couple of years we have been doing the break thing as well and it seems that they worked better this year than they did the first year we tried them. The key for us was leaving the park right after lunch but wow, was that hard to do sometimes.

I'm sorry you had an un-magical day.

I can't wait to read more though. This is a great TR!

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 10-16-2010, 07:25 AM   #92
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
Okay, I thought my faithful readers, especially those who stuck with me through all the crazy obsessive trip planning, might like a little peek into the dark corners of my mind to see just how much of an obsessive perfectionist I really am...

When we left WDW I thought it had been great fun, yes there were things we hadn't done but there are things all over the world we haven't done. Going back to Disney might mean we get to do some of the things we couldn't fit in but it would mean missing out on seeing a Broadway show or walking through the redwood forests. I really thought I was okay with one family trip... HOWEVER

Since I started writing my trip report I keep thinking about how we need to go back. Not because of the things we missed or didn't see but because (and folks, this is where my crazy starts to show) I need to go back and do it RIGHT!!! I mean really, all of these mistakes and bad choices simply because I wasn't prepared for the actual experience. Sure I'd read and talked and prepared as much as possible but now I have real life experience. NOW I could get it PERFECT...

Told you I was crazy...

TOLD YA SO!!!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #93
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Hi Hope! I am here finally to get caught up this evening.
Hurray!

Love the pictures of Jace and Kya the morning of traveling. The pink streaks look so cute in her hair.
Thank you! She loved it too!

What a special moment with Kya! It definitely felt the same for me when DD saw the Castle for the first time. Those moments really did make the trip so magical for me.
Those moments are THE BEST thing about Disney IMHO.

I love the picture of DH and Jace on the tea cups! So precious.

Kya's ears are fabulous! So creative and I love how tailored she made it to her. I do not know much about light saber's but Jace's look great!
I think its so great that they offer something like this where you can ears to suit your own personality.

I don't know much about lightsabers either but Jace was happy so I was happy.

Way to stand up for your snack credit!!

Great picture in front of the Tree of Life. You found Devine!! : the picture!! So glad Jace got into the spirit of Disney! It is the one vacation where he should definietly feel like he can act like a big kid.
Absolutely- we should all be big kids at Disney!

Holy smokes--50 minute wait for 1900 PF!! I am glad the antics of the meal made it worth it. The dessert looks heavenly.
I know! I'm glad it was worth it and the wait really wasn't terrible thanks to the music and comfy places to sit. The dessert WAS heavenly!

I know what you mean about Robbie. I realized very quickly into our trip, that I could only be responsible for myself, DD and to extend DH as far as if we were having a good time. Trying to juggle and please everyone proved to be a headache.
Don't get me wrong, Robbie never said anything to me, I just know him well enough to be sensitive to every expression and his body language. I just had to block it out and focus on what I could control- the crowds were his biggest issue and I can't control that!

I'm so glad you loved Soarin'!! It is one of my favorites.

Ouch, bad experience at the Cantina! I am leery to try it on our next trip now.

Ugh, afternoon breaks. As you will see, if you keep reading my TR, they were not the best things for us either. They are good in theory but I realized unless you leave at 11:00 to 12:00 time frame, they just proved to be worthless. Lesson learned for us too!

I'm not surprised you would consider going again! Disney has a habit of sucking you in!! I am enjoying your TR immensely! The pictures are just lovely!!
It's so funny because it's my perfectionism that is making me want to go back.

Glad your enjoying the TR and the pics!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #94
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydiane1953 View Post
This is such a great trip report. I love the way u tell it like it is and then sum it up with things learned and things I would have done differently. Your report is interesting, to the point and not she said blah blah blah and he said oh no u didn't. lol love your style of writing Tell Robbie to keep the ibuprofen coming and maybe a foot massage.
Thank you so much! I'm really enjoying writing it. I am a writer so having people respond well to my writing style means a lot!

Yep, ibuprofen saved the day on more than one occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
I'm sorry to hear that your day didn't go as you had planned. I had a few of those this trip as well. For the past couple of years we have been doing the break thing as well and it seems that they worked better this year than they did the first year we tried them. The key for us was leaving the park right after lunch but wow, was that hard to do sometimes.

I'm sorry you had an un-magical day.

I can't wait to read more though. This is a great TR!
Yep, the breaks were hard and we usually didn't have lunch until late (because the lines are so long at lunch time) so even after lunch was late.

Looking back the day still had some magical moments but when we were in the room tired, hurting, not watching Illuminations like I'd planned it all just seemed like too much.

Glad your enjoying the TR!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:58 AM   #95
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post

TOLD YA SO!!!!!!!

Seriously, who wants to go on vacation so they can get it right?

Robbie will have no part of it so I guess I'm just gonna have to wait for Savannah's 16th birthday trip.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #96
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Yeah, afternoon breaks don't work for everyone. My friend who was going with her kids (4 and 7) had planned on afternoon breaks, but her kids never wanted to leave the parks, wanted to watch the parade, etc. So instead they just took no break and left earlier at night. For us, we took breaks on days we were going to two parks, or one water park and one park. It fit well, coming back to get showered after hitting the water park. It's all about finding the best fit for your family.

I was looking forward to the new Cantina CS, but after seeing the small menu and reading your review, I'm not so sure...

Can't wait to read more, and hope your other days are better.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:45 AM   #97
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Yeah, afternoon breaks don't work for everyone. My friend who was going with her kids (4 and 7) had planned on afternoon breaks, but her kids never wanted to leave the parks, wanted to watch the parade, etc. So instead they just took no break and left earlier at night. For us, we took breaks on days we were going to two parks, or one water park and one park. It fit well, coming back to get showered after hitting the water park. It's all about finding the best fit for your family.

I was looking forward to the new Cantina CS, but after seeing the small menu and reading your review, I'm not so sure...

Can't wait to read more, and hope your other days are better.
Yeah, the afternoon break on our first full day when we left AK and then had a dinner ADR worked well. It was just going back into a park that was an issue for us.

I would say if you like beef or chicken tacos on corn tortillas then it might be okay to try the new Cantina BUT be sure to check the seating situation BEFORE you order! Honestly the food was okay, just very limited (I just looked at the menu and they also offer nachos and empanadas so you have three choices) but not having a place to sit while eating so-so food just made it worse. I'm sure if we'd been able to sit down by the water like we wanted my review would have been completely different.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:27 PM   #98
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Afternoon breaks don't really work for us either. We just go until we are done and call it a day. Trying to leave and come back always seems to take us forever and we never get any rest. So, your husband is not interested in going back to WDW? How about your kids?

Me DH DD DS
Old 10-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #99
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the pics of the kids looking at the fountain. I really enjoyed that singing/dancing fountain. It was so pretty, I could have watched it for hours.

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 10-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #100
lexmas
DIS Veteran

First, I'm glad you're not actually updating every day, because I would never get caught up!

I'm sorry that your Epcot day did not go as planned. It sounds like things were just frustrating and that all the little things kept going wrong! I too, have cried at WDW. It's okay. Still better than having things go wrong at home and crying there. You can cry at home any day!

I like the inside of Mexico too. It's so very pretty! I'm sorry the cantina was horrible. No one should eat on top of a trash can!

Taking a break can be exhausting, in my opinion. All that bus time, it's just really hard. If my kids didn't NEED a nap, I wouldn't do it at all. And by kids, I mean J.J., because Syd will sleep anywhere. J.J. is too big to take a successful nap in a stroller! The last trip I took was the first time that I went back to the room for naps, and I found it frustrating. But, what needs to be done needs to be done!

When we went on our honeymoon, my feet hurt so badly. I had to roll up socks and place them under my arches and then tie my shoes as tightly as I could just so I didn't feel like my arches were collapsing. It was so brutal. I just tried not to cry as I limped from place to place. And I couldn't find inserts for my shoes anywhere on property. So I have felt your pain!

Umm...my upcoming trip is totally to do-over last trip and make it better. Well, it was, since I wanted to go without anyone else, but now my mom is coming. And she needs to come more than I need to go alone. But one of these trips will be to re-do my other trips and do them better!

I hope that your next day turns out better! Can't wait to read about it!

Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)
Old 10-21-2010, 11:05 AM   #101
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Afternoon breaks don't really work for us either. We just go until we are done and call it a day. Trying to leave and come back always seems to take us forever and we never get any rest. So, your husband is not interested in going back to WDW? How about your kids?
Of course the kids are ready to go back! They had such a great time. However, we can only afford one big vacation per year and we do it as a family. The kids and I did a vacation without Robbie a few years ago (he had to work) and while we had fun there was definately a cloud over the whole thing. Everytime the kids would have a big reaction to something I would feel sad that he was missing it. After that we decided that we all go together if at all possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
I LOVE the pics of the kids looking at the fountain. I really enjoyed that singing/dancing fountain. It was so pretty, I could have watched it for hours.
Thanks, I loved that fountain too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmas View Post
First, I'm glad you're not actually updating every day, because I would never get caught up!

It's a good thing because I have been SUPER busy lately!

I'm sorry that your Epcot day did not go as planned. It sounds like things were just frustrating and that all the little things kept going wrong! I too, have cried at WDW. It's okay. Still better than having things go wrong at home and crying there. You can cry at home any day!

So true!

I like the inside of Mexico too. It's so very pretty! I'm sorry the cantina was horrible. No one should eat on top of a trash can!

Taking a break can be exhausting, in my opinion. All that bus time, it's just really hard. If my kids didn't NEED a nap, I wouldn't do it at all. And by kids, I mean J.J., because Syd will sleep anywhere. J.J. is too big to take a successful nap in a stroller! The last trip I took was the first time that I went back to the room for naps, and I found it frustrating. But, what needs to be done needs to be done!

When we went on our honeymoon, my feet hurt so badly. I had to roll up socks and place them under my arches and then tie my shoes as tightly as I could just so I didn't feel like my arches were collapsing. It was so brutal. I just tried not to cry as I limped from place to place. And I couldn't find inserts for my shoes anywhere on property. So I have felt your pain!

Umm...my upcoming trip is totally to do-over last trip and make it better. Well, it was, since I wanted to go without anyone else, but now my mom is coming. And she needs to come more than I need to go alone. But one of these trips will be to re-do my other trips and do them better!

I hope that your next day turns out better! Can't wait to read about it!
Thanks for commiserating with me- it helps to know others have been there!
Old 10-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #102
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in so long! Last weekend I shot a wedding on Saturday and my niece's senior pictures on Sunday. The response for both was so overwhelming that I decided it was time to launch my photography business. So... it has just been crazy busy but I've also been having lots of fun!

I'm going to try to do shorter updates so it will be easier to squeeze them in.

When I last left off we had just finished up a day at Epcot that took a toll on me. I wanted nothing more but to sleep in the next day but that wasn't possible. It was our DHS day and Jace really wanted to do the Jedi Training Academy so we were up at 7 AM. We had a quick breakfast...

and then were to the bus stop by 8. We made it to the park and through the gate by 8:40 (DHS was VERY close to our resort so this should give you an idication of how slow the buses were all week). I was happy that we'd actually made rope drop for the first time but I could tell the crowd was overwhelming for Robbie.

The rope drop ceremony was cute but doesn't involve characters so I could really take it or leave it. The kids did seem to enjoy it though. As soon as the rope dropped we headed straight to the Star Tours area so Jace could get in line. As soon as we rounded the corner and you could see the top of Star Tours Jace started running. When we got there there were already several people in line. I was trying to count heads but I wasn't sure how many of these kids were in line and how many were just waiting with siblings. I knew they'd only take 15 per show and I really wanted him to be in the first show so we could enjoy the rest of the day. At this point though there was no way to tell so we were just going to have to wait...

Up next: Will Jace make it into the first show??

Last edited by -Hope-; 10-22-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:59 PM   #103
lexmas
DIS Veteran

Congrats on starting your photography business!

I can take or leave DHS's opening show. I didn't realize it was so close to Pop though!

What a cliffhanger. I hope he makes it in!

Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)
Old 10-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #104
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmas View Post
Congrats on starting your photography business!

Thank you!

I can take or leave DHS's opening show. I didn't realize it was so close to Pop though!

We were at ASMusic. AK was closest to us but DHS was a close 2nd.

What a cliffhanger. I hope he makes it in!
Stay tuned...
Old 10-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #105
lexmas
DIS Veteran

Whoops, sorry I got confused! I will try and remember where you actually stayed from now on!

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: