Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #136
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

It looks like you guys had a great day at HS! That was awesome that Jace got to do JTA! You all got a lot done - even if your afternoon did get rained out. Times like that seem to be a blessing in disguise though, because it can be so hard to schedule down time when there is SO MUCH to do at Disney! They story about the snail was so cute. My kids fight like cats and dogs sometimes too, so it is nice when they have those sweet little moments when they remember that they love each other LOL! Oh, and I completely agree about the shampoo! 2 years ago, they had great shampoo, conditioner and lotion by H2O. I loved it! I actually ordered some online after our trip - it was THAT GOOD. Then last year, the resorts had some shampoo/conditioner combo (and no lotion!) and it was awful! So thanks for the reminder that I need to pack my own for our upcoming trip I can't wait to read more!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Old 11-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #137
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
I know what you mean about the shampoo, Hope. I didn't really like it either. I didn't feel it lathered up well.

Love your pics!! It's so too bad about the rain and you were in my favorite park!!!
The rain was kind of a bummer but we'd been in the park all day so we got to see lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
It looks like you guys had a great day at HS! That was awesome that Jace got to do JTA! You all got a lot done - even if your afternoon did get rained out. Times like that seem to be a blessing in disguise though, because it can be so hard to schedule down time when there is SO MUCH to do at Disney! They story about the snail was so cute. My kids fight like cats and dogs sometimes too, so it is nice when they have those sweet little moments when they remember that they love each other LOL! Oh, and I completely agree about the shampoo! 2 years ago, they had great shampoo, conditioner and lotion by H2O. I loved it! I actually ordered some online after our trip - it was THAT GOOD. Then last year, the resorts had some shampoo/conditioner combo (and no lotion!) and it was awful! So thanks for the reminder that I need to pack my own for our upcoming trip I can't wait to read more!
We did get a lot done! We had a full day before it started to rain so it all worked out. And you're right- the forced break was good for us. The snail moment was one of my favorite memories- it was just so sweet.

Glad I could help with the shampoo- that's why I wanted to be sure to mention it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #138
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you all had an enjoyable day at DHS. I also love the Muppets 3-D show. We have bought a couple of old Muppet seasons for our kids to watch and they like them.

Me DH DD DS
Old 11-04-2010, 10:45 AM   #139
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
It sounds like you all had an enjoyable day at DHS. I also love the Muppets 3-D show. We have bought a couple of old Muppet seasons for our kids to watch and they like them.
We did have an enjoyable day. We watched a few of the old Muppets movies on Netflix and our kids really liked those. They aren't clamoring to watch them over and over like some things but they did enjoy them.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:00 PM   #140
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

I got my photopass cd in the mail today!! I'll get them up to share soon!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:02 PM   #141
pookersmom
Mouseketeer

I love that photo of your kids in the pool watching the snail. Priceless!!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #143
lexmas
DIS Veteran

Oh my, that is a lot of updating!

It sounds like you had a good day at DHS and that you managed to go with the flow, for the most part!

Disappointing food never perks up a day, that's for sure.

You take such beautiful pictures. So funny that my favorite picture so far is the one of them looking at that snail. Such a sweet brother-sister moment.

Laundry is expensive! And the dryers weren't the best.

Muppets is good, it's DH's favorite, but I like it too. So sweet that she thought he was talking just to her. What a precious little girl she is!

I love that towel animal! That's great! Always more fun to have a good mousekeeper!

It was probably wise to get out of the rain and have some down time.

Sounds like you're having fun so far! I'm glad that you were able to re-evaluate how you felt about the situation and make adjustments. I think that helps!

Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)
Old 11-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #144
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookersmom View Post
I love that photo of your kids in the pool watching the snail. Priceless!!
Thanks- that's one of my favorites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmas View Post
Oh my, that is a lot of updating!

It sounds like you had a good day at DHS and that you managed to go with the flow, for the most part!

Disappointing food never perks up a day, that's for sure.

You take such beautiful pictures. So funny that my favorite picture so far is the one of them looking at that snail. Such a sweet brother-sister moment.

Thanks! That's one of my favorites too!

Laundry is expensive! And the dryers weren't the best.

Muppets is good, it's DH's favorite, but I like it too. So sweet that she thought he was talking just to her. What a precious little girl she is!

She certanily is.

I love that towel animal! That's great! Always more fun to have a good mousekeeper!

Kya was excited- she knew all about towel animals and had been waiting for something fun.

It was probably wise to get out of the rain and have some down time.

Sounds like you're having fun so far! I'm glad that you were able to re-evaluate how you felt about the situation and make adjustments. I think that helps!
It really does help- plans are fine but being too rigid with them would not be a good idea!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #145
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Wednesday 9/29/10

I can't believe it's been so long since I've updated! I don't know how many readers I'll have left but I thought I'd try anyway, I hope someone out there will still want to follow along!

I last left you after we'd finished a rainy day at DHS with a laundry, a night swim and a precious brother/sister moment with a snail. We were so tired at this point and had the GAD FPs so we decided not to worry about setting the alarm and to just take our time getting to MK the following day. We'd also decided that afternoon breaks just weren't working for us so we didn't want to arrive too early and then end up wanting to leave before Wishes.

We took our time getting up and getting ready the next day and left our room at around 9. We could have laid around longer to be honest but they were forecasting more rain and Kya really wanted to ride Splash Mountain so we left a bit earlier than we'd planned.

We had breakfast at the resort...

Kya got the toast and Jace had the pastry. Robbie and I usually stuck with the biscuits and gravy because it was the only snack credit breakfast that really stuck with us until lunch.

We headed to the bus stop after breakfast, at about 9:30 and were going back to MK! We were so excited because we'd only had a small taste of this park on our arrival day.

First up we had to go to the will call window for our GAD FPs. When we were finally in the park we wanted to do Splash first in case it started to rain and it got shut down. We decided to take the train to Frontierland so we could get there quickly and also because it gave me the opportunity to get the picture I'd been wanting for months...

We made it to Frontierland and didn't even need our FP- there was a five minute wait for Splash! We hopped in line and made our way through all the twists and turns. Once again they had tons of warning signs and once again these started to freak Kya out. She had been looking forward to this for MONTHS and I KNEW she would like it so I just tried to laugh at the signs and reminded her that they had signs like that for Soarin'. She was not buying it and was about to cry. I so wanted her to ride so I just kept walking and talking. As we walked past the drop and she saw it she realized it wasn't as bad as she was making it out to be. She was still tentative about it but was at least willing to try.

I decided to put my camera away right away instead of waiting and it's a good thing I did because we got more wet at the beginning of the ride from the splash of another log than we did when we went down the drop! The kids spent most of the ride waiting for and anticipating the drop and since they aren't really familiar with the Brer Rabbit story the ride seemed long to them but then came the drop!!! Kya knew that Savannah loved this ride and that she calls her Disney alter-ego Roxie so as we went down the mountain Kya put her hands in the air and yelled, "ROXIE!!!" as loud as she could!

The kids and I LOVED this ride- Robbie, not so much. This was one of those moments when I had to remind myself that I wasn't responsible for his good time. Of course the kids wanted to ride again but neither wanted to sit alone or even sit together with me behind them and since Robbie wasn't about to ride again we decided to just grab some regular FPs and come back later if we had time. Kya really wasn't all that happy with this plan...

But Jace was okay with it- he was wet and happy plus he wanted to ride BTMR. I'd forgotten to look at my watch when we arrived but it was now 11:00 so I'm thinking it was probably around 10:30 when we got there.

Robbie and Kya headed to the gift shop by SM while Jace and I rode BTMR. Again we just walked on and didn't need FP. I think the threat of rain had kept people away- plus my super planner friend Karen had assured me this would be a good day to be at the MK.

BTMR was VERY jerky and every time I let go of the bar to take a pic I'd pop up out of my seat! Jace was having an even harder time because sitting next to me the bar didn't go all the way to his lap and would pop up even more. He didn't care for that AT ALL! He was quiet and had a funny look on his face at the beginning of the ride so I just did the same that I did with Kya on Barnstormer- I smiled and laughed hoping it would put him at ease. Eventually he relaxed and had fun but when it was over he had no idea to do it again.

Next we took the raft to TSI. The kids had a lot of fun exploring but it was a little too much like home for me... Tom Sawyer is a Missourian after all and we'd put a lot of time, money and effort into LEAVING Missouri.

The kids loved it though and I just used the time to take lots of pics...

Up next... A minor mishap at lunch...

Last edited by -Hope-; 11-20-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:55 AM   #146
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Here are a couple of PP pics from our first few days...

The pics we got in front of the Tree of Life at AK were actually on the disc even though they weren't on the site. : I didn't bother uploading it to share though because I didn't get to add a frame or anything so it's not much different than the one the PP photographer took with my camera.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:03 AM   #147
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm so glad you got your PP photos! It makes me want to cry whenever you tell the story of her yelling Roxie when going down SM.

Sigh... I miss WDW and I just don't know when we will ever get back...
Old 11-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #148
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Still here!

I really like that photo of your kids with the castle in the background. Never would have thought to go up to the train station and take such a pic!
Old 11-14-2010, 08:18 PM   #150
Aubsmama
Mouseketeer

I'm still here as well! Love the pics!

WDW Previous trips
1985 - Off site
1988 - Ft. Wilderness
1998 - Wilderness Lodge
2005 - Port Orleans French Quarter

2011 - Booked Pop

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: