Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
Beccabunny
Mouseketeer

Florida Sun Vacation Homes--Questions

I'm looking at a few WH townhouses through Florida Sun Vacation Homes. They seem to have a great reputation here on the boards. With their discount for stays over seven nights and the free pool heat, we would still be getting a good deal even though we'd have to pay a cleaning fee. However, after reading one of the recent threads about a management company that charged a cleaning fee (have no idea what company) I want to be sure we'd get a really clean TH.

Also, with free pool heat, would the pool really be heated to an optimal level? Are the pool heater thermostats adjustable? We would be going in May, but I still like a very warm pool.

The furnishings for some of their TH's look great in pictures, mostly very modern. For anyone who has stayed in their TH's, are they actually comfortable? Does everything look as great as it does in the pictures? Also wondering if the beds are comfortable.

I'd like to rent through them, as they offer great deals. Otherwise I would rent the TH we stayed in last year, which was nice, definitely not perfect but at least I would know what I'm getting.
Beccabunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:17 AM   #2
AboutTheMouse
Mouseketeer

We have rented through this management company two times now. Both times we rented a full house and not a town home.

The homes that we rented were in the same condition that we found in the pictures. We have not had any problems at all with cleaning, security deposits, final payments or maintenance. The house was spotless when we arrived - dare I say cleaner than my own home. We did only have starter amounts of essentials - 1 roll of TP per bathroom, hotel sized soaps in each bathroom, and a small kit for the kitchen that contained a sponge, two kitchen garbage bags and a small container of dish soap (not the dishwasher kind).

We left behind the unused quantities of other supplies that we purchased but did not use - laundry detergent, fabric softener, dishwasher detergent, etc. We even left behind two bag chairs that we purchased for our day at Daytona Beach. I'm sure that other families do this as well, but there were no leftovers in the house when we arrived. Either we aren't lucky or the cleaning people remove them, I don't know.

The beds in the houses were comfortable - pillow top mattresses. The couches, tables, walls and the like were in good condition - a few nicks here and there, but overall in good shape. Nothing fell apart when we were there, either.

The maintenance group needed to change some filters during one of our stays. They called before they came, left a note that they were there, and told us to use the security system, which we didn't set before we had left for the day. No problems at all with theft, even though my kids left their ipods out in plain sight .

As far as pool heat, I can't help you there - we stayed over the summer on both trips. Call FL Sun and ask what temperature they heat the pools to. They should be able to tell you.

Don't stress and have a great trip, whatever you decide for accommodations!
AboutTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2010, 07:56 AM   #3
Beccabunny
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much, this is very reassuring. I think we will go with them. We rented last year at WH so I know you have to supply paper goods, soap, etc.
Beccabunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #4
sjanus
castlegetaway

Each townhome is individually owned, so it would be dependent on the owners as to type of amenities offered, i.e., pillowtop mattresses versus regular mattresses, etc. However, I have never heard anything bad about Florida Sun, only good from guests that have used them,mostly from posts on this Board. And they do provide pictures of the individual townhome/home you will be getting with information about it, so you should get what is on the site. You can also call and ask questions about the individual unit in which you are interested and I'm sure they will provide you with further information.

Sandy
Old 10-05-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
4forMe
DIS Veteran

We stayed in one of their homes 2 years ago and are renting from them for our upcoming Spring Break trip.

I was also worried about the home looking as good as the pictures. The home looked EXACTLY like the pics and was spotless! I had picked the home based on the upgraded kitchen and furnishings and was not disappointed.

The company is also very responsive. We noticed that the pool skimmer had a tear in it and called them. They were at our place within 15 minutes with a new skimmer. I also called them regarding the garbage pickup service as I had questions and again, they were very responsive. I also love that all the homes/condo units have keyless entry. You just go straight to your home/condo and punch in the code to get in - no going to an offsite office to pick up a key.

I highly recommend them.
4forMe is offline   Reply With Quote