Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
Nala83
Mouseketeer

Hotel near Disney and Caribe

I'm attending a conference at the Caribe Royale...and hoping to dash into the parks at every available moment. I wouldn't mind staying at the conference hotel but it is $199 a night. Cheaper hotel = more days in the park. I'll keep watching but I'm looking for other options.

Any suggestions of semi-cheap hotels that are convenient to both the Caribe Royale and the parks?

I don't know the area at all (made one trip on ME to BC and didn't even look out the window). I've heard traffic can get bad in some areas- don't want that.

Help!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
crazelion
Form feet and legs...form arms and body...and I'll form...THE HEAD!
Why did the monsters at the end of "Voltron" always get killed by the Blazing Sword?

I would check travelzoo for hotel deals.

Thank You GumpyPirate
crazelion is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
Disney grandma
DIS Veteran

Buena Vista Suites is located next to Caribe Royale and has been offering some very good rates. It gets good reviews and has been recently updated.
Disney grandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:06 AM   #4
sympatico
DIS Veteran

One of the sponsors here on the boards has Buena Vista Suites on their site with rates starting at $84. It's a sister property to Caribe Royal.
http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/bvsuites/index.htm
Lindfields: twice, Lake Davenport, Venice hotel,Oak Plantation, St. Pete's Beach Hilton, Wyndham Cypress Palms, Pink Shell Fort Myers Beach, Liki Tiki Village, Grand Reserve, Rotonda Lakes near Port Charlotte,Windsor Hills: 5 times, Indian Creek (twice), Emerald Island (4 times), Reunion Resort (twice) Sunset Lakes, Crestwynd Bay, Briarwood in Naples
sympatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:31 AM   #5
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

From Caribe Royale it's like 10 minutes to Disney,10-15 to Universal and the main International Drive tourist area and 5-10 minutes to the Lake Buena Vista area.You could find good hotels in these areas for $45-$60 and even less if you use Hotwire or Priceline name your own price.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:53 AM   #6
Nala83
Mouseketeer

I'll keep watching Buena Vista Suites. Right now it's $140 per night for my dates (April '11).

I'm definitely open to Hotwire/Priceline, but I don't know what "zones" to pick. Looking at the Hotwire map is not at all helpful. Here's the Hotwire list- what are my best options?

Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney
SeaWorld - I-drive So...
Disney Main Gate - Celebration
Downtown Orlando
Orlando West - Winter...
Universal Orlando - I...
Apopka - NW Orlando
Altamonte Springs - W...
Orlando East - Univer...
Lake Mary - Heathrow
Kissimmee
Sanford
West of Disney
Old 10-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nala83 View Post
I'll keep watching Buena Vista Suites. Right now it's $140 per night for my dates (April '11).

I'm definitely open to Hotwire/Priceline, but I don't know what "zones" to pick. Looking at the Hotwire map is not at all helpful. Here's the Hotwire list- what are my best options?

Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney
SeaWorld - I-drive So...
Disney Main Gate - Celebration
Downtown Orlando
Orlando West - Winter...
Universal Orlando - I...
Apopka - NW Orlando
Altamonte Springs - W...
Orlando East - Univer...
Lake Mary - Heathrow
Kissimmee
Sanford
West of Disney
Your best options are Lake Buena Vista/Downtown Disney and Sea World/ International Drive south.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
Nala83
Mouseketeer

Sea World, huh? Never would have guessed that one.

thanks!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #9
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nala83 View Post
Sea World, huh? Never would have guessed that one.

thanks!
From Caribe Royale if you take 536 east and then turn north on International Drive you're in the Sea World/International Drive/Convention center area in about 10 minutes or less.If you take this same route in reverse and go west on 536 past the Caribe Royale you will be in Disney property in 5 minutes or less from the Caribe Royale.You can also reach all three of these areas,I-Drive/Sea World,Caribe Royale and Disney via I-4 but it's not necessary as 536 and International Drive from the convention center south don't have much traffic,if you drive north on I-Drive from the convention center north around Sand lake rd towards Universal then yes there will be heavier traffic.Also another thing is that you'll likely have more quality hotels in the I-Drive and Lake Buena Vista area versus other areas in Orlando.For example the Disney Main gate/Celebration area is south of Disney and has more older hotels as this was the area where people stayed back in the 70's and 80's before Disney built 20+ hotels.The Universal Orlando/I-Drive north area has some good hotels but is further north on I-Drive further from the Caribe Royale as well as the area being more congested.All the other areas on the list are either further away 20-45 minutes from Caribe Royale or are areas you want no part of like Kissimmee which also had a lot of hotels back in the day but there area very few if any good hotels now as the area has gone downhill fast and the only hotels left are 30 + year old motels.I will still keep suggesting Lake Buena Vista which is right outside Downtown Disney and a 5 minute drive to Caribe Royale or Sea World/I-Drive south which is also a nice area in a pretty convenient location,I've probably stayed in 40%-50% of the hotels in these two areas so I know them very well.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #10
WUVmyDISNEY
DIS Veteran

DOOM, have you ever taken the shuttles from Caribe to the Disney parks and DTD? I have booked at Caribe and onsite Disney and trying to really make up my mind!

Can you shed some light on teh actual travel time once loaded onto the bus to each of the parks? If it's not too much trouble! Thanks
WUVmyDISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:55 PM   #11
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WUVmyDISNEY View Post
DOOM, have you ever taken the shuttles from Caribe to the Disney parks and DTD? I have booked at Caribe and onsite Disney and trying to really make up my mind!

Can you shed some light on teh actual travel time once loaded onto the bus to each of the parks? If it's not too much trouble! Thanks
I always have my own car so I never take a shuttle but I can tell you the approximate travel time from Caribe Royale to all the parks and DTD.To DTD it's no more than 10 minutes,10-15 minutes to Epcot,DHS and Sea World and about 15-20 to Universal,Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:26 AM   #12
WUVmyDISNEY
DIS Veteran

DOOM, thanks so much for the response. That is the info I needed!
WUVmyDISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote