Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

SPIDERS...Why did it have to be....SPIDERS

Hi everyone

We arrived home this morning from 2 glorious weeks .... well it wasn't all glorious....but we're home and have lots of stories and pictures to share with everyone....we had the time of our lives....we made the best of bad situations.....sometimes we were just plain grumpy....and we'll include everything!!

For those of you who know us...thanks for coming along on our TR For those who don't know us yet, we'll feel like old friends in no time. Let me introduce ourselves to you.....

This is my Jasmine....I can hardly believe she is turning 18 at the end of the month...I'm definitely not ready for her going to clubs....our legal age here is 18

....and me, Queenofallthings...and yes that's a Grey Goose Slushie in my handI do enjoy these little glasses of heavenly goodness

On with the TR! You cannot start a vacation without a good pedicure...well I can't at least! I do enjoy me a good pedi....and a coffee! Jasmine and I went and had our pedi's before leaving and Jasmine also was in desperate need of a haircut so off we went

I do not know what came over me but I completely forgot to get a picture of Jasmine getting her pedicure....I think maybe I was talking to our lady a little too much but here is the finished products.....we both got a color from the new OPI Suisse line....I got Yodal me on my cell and Jasmine got Ski Teal you Drop....ya gotta love a job where you get to name nail polish!!!

I worked on Thursday Sep 16 until 5pm and then it was rush rush rush all evening! I thought leaving a lot until the very end would make the evening fly by....well it did, but man was I stressing! I pulled the suitcases out of the spare room and set them up in the living room! The kids had run out for something at this point but I can't for the life of me think what it was!

I had decided I was going to bed at 9pm and setting the alarm for 3am. Jasmine thought sleeping was a good idea too....Aladdin thought he would stay up all night playing video games....let's just say he was tucked into the spare room before I went to bed~Jasmine helped me finish a couple of last minute things and her and I were off too!

Our flight was scheduled to leave at 630am so we were at the airport by 430am....good lord those flights are getting harder and harder to make! Aladdin didn't come in with us, we were clearly customs in Winnipeg so it was going to take a little longer and we thought there was no use in paying for parking for the 20 minutes he would be spending with us! Here is a pic of Jasmine having her breakfast at Tim Horton's before we boarded!

Now, for those of you that have read previous TR's know that neither Jasmine or I are the best flyer's! She was not very happy that we were taking a "little" plane to Minneapolis before changing to a larger jet for the remainder of our trip! I am happy to report the flight was perfect, she declared she loves the "little" jets....she is the sole reason I have to dye my hair every six weeks! She managed to get this shot as we deplaned in Minneapolis!

We had no troubles finding where we were going in Minneapolis, we even stopped at Starbucks for a pumpkin spice latte for me and a black tea lemonade for Jasmine! From Minneapolis to Orlando, Jasmine and I were not able to get seats together, but we were lucky enough that I was sitting right in front of her and we both got window seats! Our flight was amazingly smooth, I managed to sleep for about an hour, and before we knew it we were in Orlando....Jasmine had the camera and never took it out of the bag until we were on here......

Nothing like arriving at MCO.....the larger plane in the distance was our plane for the last leg of our journey!

Although we wouldn't get to Universal on this trip we're sure hoping to on our next one, but Jasmine had to grab this picture!

We headed straight for ME and were shocked to see no one in line....bonus!! We looked at this as a good omen for our trip.....

I think we waited about 10 minutes before we pulled out and before we knew it we were entering our happy place!!!

Our first sighting of a Disney bus....this is our major mode of transportation for our trips as we never rent a car.

Our little security hut as you enter the All Star Resorts!

The sign that really screams "welcome home" to us....we do love this resort, it's not fancy, but we love it!

Jasmine took this picture of the lobby while I was checking in....I wasn't able to use Online Check in because it kept telling me I had to be 18 to utilize the service.....weird. Check in was great and our room was ready which is always a bonus so we were off!

Here's a shot of Jasmine in our room....we were in the Jazz Building room 2421 on the ground floor....this would prove to haunt me on the trip!

We decided we would change into our bathing suits and hit the pool before our luggage arrived and we headed to DTD for dinner.........well this is the sight that greated me after I changed....she was out like a light. I let her sleep...our luggage arrived at 4pm on the nose, so while Jasmine caught up on her sleep, I cleaned the room (yes I do it everytime) and put everything in it's place and once I was completely finished...I woke her up!

UP NEXT......DTD!!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I'm here!!! Sounds like a good start!! I'm glad to hear the flights were uneventful! Wonder why the room location would haunt you later on..hm.....
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
PKWallaby
DIS Veteran

I'm in...can't wait to follow along on your adventures together!

And you give me hope: my DD is 10 and still loves all things Disney but I worry how long that will last? We are leaving in 18 days for the first ever Mom/daughter only trip ('cause the "menfolk" decided they would rather stay home and hunt...good thing we don't rely on them to sustain us all winter...we would starve for sure!!)

Anyway, glad to see a report with a mom and an "almost legal" DD. Gives me something to pass the time until we head south!!

Oh, one quick question: the last leg of our flight down is Delta out of MSP too. Did you initially have seats booked together and were bumped at arrival? Just curious

Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow...
Old 10-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Yay, I made the first page!!!

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 10-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKWallaby View Post

And you give me hope: my DD is 10 and still loves all things Disney but I worry how long that will last? We are leaving in 18 days for the first ever Mom/daughter only trip ('cause the "menfolk" decided they would rather stay home and hunt...good thing we don't rely on them to sustain us all winter...we would starve for sure!!)

Anyway, glad to see a report with a mom and an "almost legal" DD. Gives me something to pass the time until we head south!!

Oh, one quick question: the last leg of our flight down is Delta out of MSP too. Did you initially have seats booked together and were bumped at arrival? Just curious
Not to hijack the TR but you can have 2 more to add to the hope list! My parents took my brother and I to WDW every other year since we were 3 and 1 (now 25 and 23) and we never got sick of it. I ended up working down there doing internships for a year and 1/2 and my goal is to go back and work seasonally and teach in the area! My brother is currently working there at Test Track with the college program so even for a boy it didn't change! The only thing that I can think of that we got sick during the tween/teen years were some of the parades and shows. We would rather ride the thrill rides than watch the parades or shows. That since has changed but other than that, we never lost the magic!!
Old 10-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I'm here!!! Sounds like a good start!! I'm glad to hear the flights were uneventful! Wonder why the room location would haunt you later on..hm.....
Yay, so glad you're here! It comes about halfway through our trip.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKWallaby View Post

WELCOME....you guys are going to have so much fun! No, we were never sitting together, by the time I went on to book our seats there were very few left! I procrastinated a little too long on that lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Yay, I made the first page!!!
YIPEEE you're here!!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Waste no time in getting started. Nice picture of the slushie; I wish I had one on my birthday but I was driving back from a quick trip to PEI. Lovely weekend, got in some golf but no slushies.

Looking forward to reading the rest.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 10-02-2010, 10:05 PM   #8
PKWallaby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Not to hijack the TR but you can have 2 more to add to the hope list! My parents took my brother and I to WDW every other year since we were 3 and 1 (now 25 and 23) and we never got sick of it. I ended up working down there doing internships for a year and 1/2 and my goal is to go back and work seasonally and teach in the area! My brother is currently working there at Test Track with the college program so even for a boy it didn't change! The only thing that I can think of that we got sick during the tween/teen years were some of the parades and shows. We would rather ride the thrill rides than watch the parades or shows. That since has changed but other than that, we never lost the magic!!
SORRY QUEEN: going off topic here but:

Yes, yes...the CP...there is hope!! Both my kids talk about enrolling in the CP down the road but you never know what direction life will take them. I plan to "retire" to FL someday and perhaps will live/work in Orlando if the cost of living doesn't kill me. My DH says as long as he can can golf, he'll follow me anywhere Part of me thinks that working at WDW would make me a favorite grandma (free passes and all!)...and yet my kids are only 10 and 13! Better slow it down a bit, huh?

So glad to hear the magic still continues for you and your brother...

SORRY...BACK TO YOUR REGULAR SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING NOW!!

Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow...
Old 10-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #9
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

I love your ambition--already Day 1 is started! I am so excited to hear about your adventure!! You entitled that first post - Spiders... so I am guessing you had company on the first floor?! I am just glad it was not bedbugs!! hehe

Great pictures; I see where Jasmine gets her photogenic nature from!
Old 10-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #10
cdotla
Trish

Hey Queen! So glad to see another TR from you and Jasmine! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Love all that pre-trip excitement you described, and the feelings of anticipation driving closer to the resort on the ME.

And too funny Disney seems to think that there are two 17 yr olds on this trip!
Old 10-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #11
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

I'm here!

I can't wait to hear all about your adventures
Old 10-02-2010, 11:00 PM   #12
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Love the Indy reference in yout title and love a mom and daughter who have fun together.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 10-03-2010, 01:07 AM   #13
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Whooo Hooo, you started!!! Can't wait to read along! You guys were so much fun to meet and hang out with!!
Old 10-03-2010, 01:14 AM   #14
LisaKeys
Mouseketeer

I'm on board!

Happy to be on board for your TR. The pics are great - and I can hardly wait to hear all the good (and the bad - always appreciate people sharing).

Someone please stop the Mango, Garlic and DxDP!!! Jan 10-23, 2011

July 1973 - MK one day/off site; November 1991 - WDW Villa's; February 1993 WDW off site; November 1999 - WDW offsite; December 2001 - WDW BWLBV-DTD; Jan 10-23, 2011 - Coronado Springs Resort and Best Western DTD
Old 10-03-2010, 06:03 AM   #15
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

you've started!

Glad the plane rides went smoothly!

Were the AllStar rooms recently redone? It looks different to me or else maybe I've never seen a room at ASMu Anyway, it looks cute

Looking forward to more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: