Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #76
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Your porch looks so festive, I love it!

What a fun way to surprise the boys, you are so clever

Halloween costumes are ridiculously expensive aren't they? At least in taking them to DL with you, you'll get more than one day's use out of them. I'm kinda sad about Halloween this year, Jared told me that he doesn't want to dress up, he's decided he's too old for it. He just turned 10! I guess having an older brother pushed him to that decision a little earlier than I would have liked.
Awe, that is sad! I'm lucky that my kids are so young and I have many years of Halloween fun ahead of me. It will be my babies first halloween and he'll be the cutest monkey ever! My oldest is going to be a fairy, while her cousins want to be something completely opposite of "cute"! A dead bride and a dead prom queen. They'll all look so great trick-or-treating this year.

Happydog:::: I agree your porch looks really great, and I love your idea on surprising your kids. I saw those cereal packages at Target the other day and was tempted to buy some myself.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:43 AM   #77
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

So glad the boys enjoyed their Star Wars package!!!

Your front porch looks great! Love all those mums! We are off to the pumpkin patch this afternoon to get our pumpkins.

Love the reveal! Connor was about DS8's age when he started reading the Harry Potter books! He loved all of them! (The third one is my favorite. ) You know...now that he is reading the HP books and about to start watching the movies, you may have to plan on taking him to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

The costumes sound adorable! You are right about the prices on them. This year, I asked the kids if they would rather do something Halloween-themed instead of buying costumes that they wear once. They were all for it, but now I have to think of something suitably fun to make up for it. I should have planned a Disney trip. LOL!

Five nights until you leave!!!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2010, 07:33 AM   #78
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Followed you over from MeMom's TR. I have always wanted to go to Disneyland but I do not like to fly. Maybe one day I will get up the courage. Can't wait to see the boys reaction on the big reveal. Very cool idea.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #79
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Your porch looks so amazing!! Very nice!!! I have a nice covered area that I'm trying to find some ideas to decorate with!!!

What a great idea for the reveal!!!! AWESOME and so creative!!!

YAY for Star Wars goodies and costumes!!! Can't wait to see the boys in their getups!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #80
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Official freak out time

Uh, yeah... packing? Nope. Finished with the cereal box "surprises" ? Nope. Manicure & Pedicure? Nope. Hmmmmm..... one thousand other random things that have to be done before I leave my house for a week? Nope, nope, and Nope.

Okay, okay, let me try that again.

Seriously. Who am I kidding.

Hmmmm.... I know! I know!

Lets NOT go.

FAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Chance.

More on the way!!! I may be a nervous twitching over-caffinated and exhausted wreck before I get on that plane Friday, BUT it wouldn't be a DISNEY vacation otherwise, RIGHT????

Lots to share, just have to get my behind in gear!

Oh. One last item. I may not have had time for packing and preparing for the trip, you know those trivial requirements for week-long vacations, BUT I did manage to order a new Vera.

You KNOW I have MY priorities straight.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #81
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

WOOT!! My priorities are in line with yours LOL Somehow I have managed to order a Vera this week too LOL!!!!!

Well I'm sure by Friday you'll have it all together and ready to go!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #82
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

No worries! You're an old pro at this, you'll be ready and your trip will be fabulous

Yay for a new Vera! Shoes & bags are the most important piece of any trip right?
Old 10-27-2010, 07:51 PM   #83
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I wanted to get on here and make sure I wish you a super magical trip to Disneyland and California!!! Have a wonderful time over there on the West Coast!

Not to mention...

Happy Halloween!!!

I would also like to know which Vera pattern and style you bought!
Old 10-28-2010, 05:41 AM   #85
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Have a great trip!!!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:46 PM   #86
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Hope you have a great trip!
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:07 AM   #87
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

Have a fab trip. Your reveal plans sound great. You'll be their by now and wondering what the stress was for, all the organising chaos is out of the way and you are on your Halloween vacation having a blast

Look forward to hearing all about it and seeing pics of DL

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members
gallmcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #88
DisneyMom14
DIS Veteran

Sorry I missed your send off and I do hope you got the necessities together! The pictures of Scotland are just BREATHTAKING! Can't wait to hear all about your Halloween California Adventure!
DisneyMom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #89
Happydog
DIS Veteran

We made it! We loved it!

Hey guys!!!

Well, we had our whirlwind Disneyland trip and are now relaxing here in San Diego, amid the palm trees and 80+ weather.... so nice. I am going to feel so guilty going back to work next week with a tan!!! Okay, guilty for a minute.

Anyhow, I have my camera cord, and am ready to load some pre-trip pics into photobucket! I will do that tomorrow, and then we are going to La Jolla. Beach time!

Looking forward to catching up (I am making the rounds!) That three hour time zone difference is certainly creating havoc with my system, but I am trying to stick to some regular sleeping patterns.

Disneyland was SO much FUN! I can't wait to share it with you. That part of the trip may have to wait until I get back, but I will at least catch us up for those final few days!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:33 AM   #90
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you are having a fabulous time!!! Looking forward to the pictures and stories!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: