Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2010, 10:15 AM   #211
DisneyMom14
DIS Veteran

I'm caught up again! Happy belated birthday and merry Christmas to you guys! Thanks for sharing your trip. I've never been to Disneyland much less at Halloween time so it was awesome to see it! I'll be back to follow the rest of your updates. Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!!
DisneyMom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:52 AM   #212
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, Happydog, you should really link your new Christmas trip report here since your new one is already fabulous!!!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #213
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
You did so much in 48 hours!
Your update was a reminder of how much I miss Mr. Toad.
It's so great that the resorts have Halloween activities and trick or treating.

Can't wait for your Christmas update
We did! I have a few more pics and such to share and I will this evening, I should have time!

Christmas is UP! (but you know that... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Just wanted to pop in here and wish the HD clan a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Oh MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours!!!! Come on over! Christmas has started!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom14 View Post
I'm caught up again! Happy belated birthday and merry Christmas to you guys! Thanks for sharing your trip. I've never been to Disneyland much less at Halloween time so it was awesome to see it! I'll be back to follow the rest of your updates. Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!!
Thanks for coming over again, and Merry Christmas to you, too!

It is a neat place, so different! Come check out Christmas again, I know you enjoyed it as much as I did last year!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, Happydog, you should really link your new Christmas trip report here since your new one is already fabulous!!!
CP thanks so much for getting me in gear here!!! I will get my last few pics up tonight... the LINK is in my Siggie below for anyone who wants to come over for some belated Christmas cheer....

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:17 AM   #214
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
I will get my last few pics up tonight... the LINK is in my Siggie below for anyone who wants to come over for some belated Christmas cheer....
Oh, yes, we must have the souvenir pictures!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:23 AM   #215
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, yes, we must have the souvenir pictures!
Well, I am afraid it isn't much! But that is becuase we saved our dollars for Legoland!!! And I knew I was going to WDW for the short MVMCP trip, so I was saving my $ for then! BUT here we go with the final few pics and post!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 12-29-2010, 09:20 AM   #216
Happydog
DIS Veteran

A final few Photos and my souveniers!

So on this trip, I really didn't buy too much. In fact, I think knowing I was going to be at Disneyworld shortly after made me realize I could get most of what I would want while I was on that solo trip. So I searched for something "unique" ... her is what I came up with!

The insert describes the tiles, that they are hand pressed, etc., and a little more about the Grand Californian. I thought this was a unique and original gift to take back for myself.

Of course no HD family Disney trip is complete without at least TWO marshmallow sticks... so we got these at the candy store there in DTD...

These were actually Caramel and Chocolate dipped before they were rolled in Candy corn... they were SO heavy!!! We pull them off the stick and cut them into pieces.. the boys eat them over a few days, too much for one sitting!!

Of course I hope you recall these winners... thanks to DH...

Yes, I had to find room in my suitcase for these!

Oh, and my World of Color popcorn bucket that I didn't get to keep...

ANYWAY, actually, everyone, that is it! We bought more souvies in Legoland for OBVIOUS reasons, and I shopped a little in La Jolla, for non Disney fun!
Wait, can that actually happen??!!

I forgot to add this... the Photopass pics of the boys at the "fashion show"

I will say, of our Starwars costumes, those costumes which were NOT cheap, they were in tatters by the end of the night. My kids really wore them!!! Well, mostly the little one, I think he stepped on the fabric and that started it to stretch and fray... My plan is to remove all of the cool foam and molded pieces on the suits, and recraft suits for them, and then attach these pieces back on. I can sew, so making these will be a cinch. If we were going to Star Wars weekends, like SOME PEOPLE I KNOW.... cough cough we could wear them, but alas, I will probably just keep this craft project until next time we need starwars costumes!!! I think I can retrofit them for next year Of course my DH says TRON will be the big costume next year. I don't think the interest will hold, but we will see...

So as I said earlier, thanks for being here with me as I celebrated Halloween in Disneyland!

The rest of the FALL FUN vacation for the Happy Dog crew will be shared in my NEW PTR for our CRUISING extravaganza! Both the getaway cruise in February for DH and I, and our Summer vacation... the 5 day Disney Dream Cruise (2 days Castaway CAY!!!) and five days at Disney's Vero Beach!!! First cruise for our boys!!! And a first stay in Vero for all of us!! I will start it after New Year's ... so be on the lookout We have to have something to while away the winter months!!! In the mean time, please come over to my Mickey Very Merry Christmas Party Trip Report!!! It has already started, the link is BELOW in my signature!!!!
Hope you come on over!!!

Last edited by Happydog; 12-30-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #217
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh, I think one bite of those marshmallow candies would be plenty - that sounds like sugar overload!!

I really like your tile, very unique to your trip, what a great find!

I'm so looking forward to reading about your February cruise - it'll make waiting for mine that much easier!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #218
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Great wrap-up, Happydog! The tile is really neat -- did you put it in your kitchen? Those candy corn treats are outrageous!!! Good idea to eat them over a couple of days! The photopass pics are great -- the Fetts on the catwalk!

Such a shame about those costumes! Of course, it does seem a shame not to use them again for SWW...

Thanks for sharing your fun Disneyland trip with us! Can't wait to finish reading about the fun you had on the Christmas trip and hear all about your planning for your cruise and Vero stay!

Last edited by Charleston Princess; 12-30-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #220
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Oh my gosh, I think one bite of those marshmallow candies would be plenty - that sounds like sugar overload!!

I really like your tile, very unique to your trip, what a great find!

I'm so looking forward to reading about your February cruise - it'll make waiting for mine that much easier!
There was a lot going on in those marshmallow sticks for sure!!! But they were tasty apparently, b/c the guys didn't have trouble eating them

I am happy with the tile, too, just something that suits my house. I am looking forward to the February cruise! It should be fun. I have to definitely take lots of pics and notes!!!!

Quote:
Great wrap-up, Happydog! The tile is really neat -- did you put it in your kitchen? Those candy corn treats are outrageous!!! Good idea to eat them over a couple of days! The photopass pics are great -- the Fetts on the catwalk!

Such a shame about those costumes! Of course, it does seem a shame not to use them again for SWW...

Thanks for sharing your fun Disneyland trip with us! Can't wait to finish reading about the fun you had on the Christmas trip and hear all about your planning for your cruise and Vero stay!
I would LOVE to use those costumes again, CP, TRUST me!!! HOW soon is the question!!! the treats were crazy sweet, really heavy and pure heaven I had a bite, I must confess, and I don't even LIKE candy corn!!! I liked the catwalk pics, too... they made me laugh.. Great embarassment factor for when they are older!!

The tile is actually on a built in bookshelf in my family room, just with a few other little things I have collected around in my travels. It fit nicely there.

The cruise planning is coming along, will start that PTR next weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Love the tile! Very very pretty and those fashion show pics are adorable I can't wait to read the cruise PTR so will try to keep my eyes peeled for it to start!

Yes, well next week I think! I really thought the tile would be something different! glad you have resurfaced!!

Old 01-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #222
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

Hey just wanted to drop in and say happy new year. I have just caught up with your halloween adventures wonderful pics and a fun filled 48 hours. I am popping over to your christmas adventures now, better late than never! A new year resolution in my house, mum gets more DIS time, I may even get that trip report completed, althought not sure there will be much appetite since it was 6 months ago

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members
gallmcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:55 AM   #223
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallmcduck View Post
Hey just wanted to drop in and say happy new year. I have just caught up with your halloween adventures wonderful pics and a fun filled 48 hours. I am popping over to your christmas adventures now, better late than never! A new year resolution in my house, mum gets more DIS time, I may even get that trip report completed, althought not sure there will be much appetite since it was 6 months ago
Oh TRs are always filled with good intentions!!! DISing is just fun, so if you only have time for a little reading then that is what you have time for!!! Anyhow, Happy New Year to you, too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: