Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #151
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Two mountains and the Australian coast

So we moved fast through Main Street, because for this early extra hour, we were headed to a very specific location in Tomorrowland!

SPACE MOUNTAIN!!!! Here is the Astro Orbiter, though, as we walked by... it is not something you ride an elevator to get to....

I don’t like thinking about these queues in the summer!!!

Needless to say I didn't take pics once inside, but after Space, we headed to another childhood favorite, which can get crowded, apparently, because it is a slow loading ride. BUT in our case, we had the submarine to ourselves!!!

Submarine ride with Nemo, here we come!

I guess this is how imagineers take something “old” and refurbish with a new twist… for of course the submarines were now exploring the story and characters in Nemo, complete with the Australian narrator explaining everything…

My kids really loved it. Noses pressed to the glass the entire time!

once we emerged from the depths, we had another old Disneyland favorite in mind – the Matterhorn!! Old but still as rough as I recall! Very bumpy, but DH and DS8 really enjoyed it. The little one wanted NOTHING to do with it….

We did a rider swap essentially, so DS8 rode it twice. It was still very early, and no one was there! A very slow start and we were glad for it!

Next up, the race track... but I am afraid you will have to wait until later in the week!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:32 PM   #152
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh, the Matterhorn! What a blast from the past!!! Shocker has been known to ask CMs at WDW where the Matterhorn is....
The boys (all three) seemed to be enjoying the submarine voyage!
Waiting for more!
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2010, 08:37 AM   #153
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

How cool you got a submarine all to yourself! I can't get over the lack of crowds. Holy cow!!!

Love the Halloween character decorations over their turnstiles at the entrance. Too cute. They should bring those to FL somehow!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #154
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Just some fun news!

Hi there! Well I have about four posts worth of text and pic links ready to upload and I will do them tomorrow or tonight, depending on the time! BUT, here is some fun news...

1. We were able to get a Vero 1 bedroom villa for the five nights after our 5 night Dream Cruise in June!!! I was very excited. I am really looking forward to the stay.

2. My 3rd grade DS, is in the school play (mostly 4th and 5th graders -- only 3 third graders signed up!) The play is Disney's Aristocats. My son got the part of Tolouse! One of the three kittens. The "tough" one. It makes me laugh, but it will be a lot of fun. There are 40 kids signed up, so I was really proud of him for getting a named part and a part with singing and lines! Not bad for being the youngest! So I guess I will be buying that DVD!

More to come!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 12-10-2010, 08:13 AM   #155
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Oh my gosh, the Matterhorn! What a blast from the past!!! Shocker has been known to ask CMs at WDW where the Matterhorn is....
The boys (all three) seemed to be enjoying the submarine voyage!
Waiting for more!
Oh I had completely forgotten about the Matterhorn, actually! SO it was fun to remember this ride... That is funny he thought it was in WDW!

The submarine was really cool.. I vaguely recalled being on it when I was last at Disneyland when I was 23, but it was neat to see how the reimagined it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
How cool you got a submarine all to yourself! I can't get over the lack of crowds. Holy cow!!!

Love the Halloween character decorations over their turnstiles at the entrance. Too cute. They should bring those to FL somehow!
Yes, it was wild that no one was there early. It got "more crowded"... I think people did what we did for our MVMCP, because it was a MNSSHP that evening at Disneyland, and so people may have purchased event tickets, and came for that... which worked for our advantage of course, earlier in the day. We were pleased with the fact we didn't have crowds.

The halloween decor was adorable, and yes, it should be at WDW, too! Why not! Though it might be because the entrance in not as "public" as it is in Disneyland... the entrances are in that main plaza which spills right into DTD there...

Old 12-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #156
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I declared that I have had enough with making copies, grading, and creating final exams for the day, so I came to play on the DIS.

The character pumpkins at Disneyland's entrance are very cute!

I cannot believe how empty Disneyland looks!

It is so interesting to see the differences between the MK and DL like seeing Sleeping Beauty's castle at the end of Main Street and the Astro Orbiter on the ground.

Oh my goodness! I remember being like your boys with my nose pressed to the glass during the submarine ride!

Hurray for the one-bedroom and your DS getting a part in the Aristocats!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #157
manntra
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to stop by and say

Happy Birthday!!!

[/CENTER]

Have a wonderful day HD!!!!

Now I will go back and catch up....again

Tracy
Old 12-11-2010, 10:04 AM   #158
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Jennifer! I hope you have something fun planned today!
Old 12-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #159
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

It is your b-day? Well, happy day, happydog! We need to get hooked up on FB b/c that is the only way I can keep track of these things. Hope it's a great day!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:47 AM   #160
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I didn't know it was your birthday yesterday! I guess that's what I get for not being on the computer!

At any rate...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!

Hope you had a wonderful one!!!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #161
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Moving on from the Matterhorn!

After our quick round about on the matterhorn, we made our way to the race track (like the Tomorrowland Speedway). This was so much fun! It was far more engaging than the one at WDW, because it takes you through some fun areas and bumpy off-road driving, etc. The imagineers had great fun with this concept I think. Here I have a few photos, it was hard to take pictures with the "driver" of our car...

There were other little details, like the “hot nuts” vendor cart…. Nuts for cars being very different things

So finished with our car rides, we stumbled upon Alice and her friends… We really felt late for something. I am not sure why. Maybe this statue made us feel like we needed to pick up the pace! LOL!

Here is the caterpillar you ride in, and a picture from the ground of the ride itself. I never knew this part of fantasy land existed. I loved it!

I never had a good outside shot, but here is one ... It was a fun ride the boys really liked it!

MORE coming up!!!!

Old 12-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #162
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Then came the storybook cruise. The boys and I rode this oen, while DH ran to get fast passes again.

Oh here we go Pinocchio!

Here is the "fantasyland train" not the Disneyland Railroad... too cute!

Of course I was trying to get a photo of Cinderella's pumpkin and didn't quite get it!!!!

It reminded me of the neat minature village in Germany at Epcot. This was far more extravagant, and had all of the "storybook/princess" residences... it was neat.

Then we made our way past It’s a Small World -- which was great to see the whole area themed like the ride. I love the art work associated with this attraction! Unfortunately it was being refurbished so I could not ride it. NOT that my Fett brothers would have allowed that anyhow, but I did get my It’s a Small World ride in at the MVMCP!

And NO my to DS's are not paying their respect at the Alter of Disney...

Look, Jackie. Giraffes…. Just not the AKL type!!!

I was still happy to see it, because I remember riding it when I was a child.

STAY TUNED MORE on the way!!!

Old 12-12-2010, 07:46 AM   #163
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Terrific TOON TOWN!!!!

Probably the highlight of our morning at Disneyland, was our time in Toontown. Okay, Toontown AND the Haunted Mansion!! As to Toontown, I will just say WOW. And leave it at that. There were so many fabulous interactive elements! Here are some of the photos I took…

Goofy showed up, having fun with everyone. It was a hoot. He was very friendly and there were not many people around so that made it nicer. We watched his antics, my guys were more interested in exploring all the fun in Toontown.

Minnie was standing on her porch, without any visitors, so I took her picture, and she waved at me.

There were so many surprises in Toontown. Phones that talked back, cars that made noises when you walked by, great details and even this one… when you pulled on the door it seemed like there was an explosion inside…

My guys determining they need to eat more veggies…

More fun at the firehouse… They had great fun trying to get it to set off the fireworks and the smoke and noise that would come when you pushed down on the detonator!

Toontown was filled with so many other elements that are not at Disneyworld. There was a ride, a Roger rabbit spin or something like that, but it was closed for refurbishment. I think different from Goofy's barnstormer... We still had a great time in this area of the park. It was tremendously fun! The boys particularly enjoyed all of the goofy elements and surprises…

Of course I know it was my last time to see the Toontown in Disneyworld when we were there a few weeks ago, and we did walk through, but I just can't wait until the new elements of Fantasyland are built. They will be amazing I am sure!

After Toon town, we went for our first trip to the HM. I am going to put ALL my details about the HM in ONE entry, later. SORRY to create more suspense, but it will be easier for me! WHAT fun, that is all I can say!!!

Old 12-12-2010, 07:56 AM   #164
Happydog
DIS Veteran

So..... After our ride with Jack, we had to scoot out of the park to check out of our room. It was a short walk to the Grand Californian, and bell services checked our luggage for us (since we were spending the whole day there). We then strolled back over to the park in search of some lunch…
On our way back into the park, it looked a little busier. We didn’t want to walk, so instead we hitched this ride…

Our driver offered to pose with the boys, and this is one of my favorite trip photos, this and the La Jolla beach pictures!

So, I had been waiting the whole trip for some clam chowder in a bowl, and with lunch on our mind, we decided to have lunch, and then hit our second HM ride of the trip. We rode HM FOUR times … So as I said, I have consolidated all of our pictures, and will share them in ONE special HM post…

IN the mean time, here are a few photos from New Orleans… everything was so cleverly decorated and fun! I did get a few from the restaurant where we got lunch, look at all the cool Nightmare Before Christmas decorations!!!

Musicians playing while we ate.. I felt like I was in New Orleans -- without the humidity!!! I'll take it And of course there was also a visit from the Princess and the Frog crew... but I was too busy eating my chowder to take pictures!!

Well so after lunch we headed over to our SECOND ride on The Haunted Mansion.... so coming up later this week, our Haunted Mansion update!!!!

Old 12-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #165
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Just wanted to stop by and say

Happy Birthday!!!

[/CENTER]

Have a wonderful day HD!!!!

Now I will go back and catch up....again

Tracy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Happy Birthday Jennifer! I hope you have something fun planned today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
It is your b-day? Well, happy day, happydog! We need to get hooked up on FB b/c that is the only way I can keep track of these things. Hope it's a great day!!
Hey thanks you guys!! I sure did! I had a lot of fun!!! I am sitting here this morning, watching the sleety drizzle it is still grey outside and it is 9am! But with a latte and my laptop I am enjoying some quiet time. I am actually sitting here with the boys watching the Polar Express, they have hot chocolate and donuts.... a great Sunday morning start!!!

We had a great day yesterday. Though I mostly celebrated last week in Florida! But at home we had fun, got take out, went to get our Christmas tree and decorated it. It was a nice evening at home

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: