Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2010, 06:37 AM   #136
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Have a wonderful time down there in sunny Florida!!! Say hi to Mickey for me! Oh, and make sure you try the hot chocolate at the Christmas party -- I hear it is quite tasty!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:29 AM   #137
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Have a great trip. Can't wait to hear all about your latest adventure! Hope you have a blast!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #138
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

World of Color looks amazing!
I need to plan a trip to Disneyland soon. Is Carsland opening in 2012?

Have a wonderful trip!

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:08 AM   #139
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I too desperately want to visit DL someday! Just the idea of being in the park and walk where Walt walked just thrills me!!!

I love Fantasmic and it's been a while since I have seen that show!! I know I would love World of Color too...SO AWESOME!!!!!! You got some great shots!!

I wasn't a big fan of the DHS parade, but that Pixar parade looks amazing!! Maybe WDW will take some notes from DL for the new parade to debut in January!!

Glad you got some great deals on Black Friday!! WOOT WOOT!!!
The Pixar parade was really really cool. I was amazed. Just so much to look at! It was a neat place to visit, it was a short visit, we needed two more days I think. At least three. But next time! We had other fun plans for that vacation, so I couldn't complain too much and two nights at the GCV was awesome.

World of Color was breath taking!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
We love Thanksgiving leftovers, too! That's what we ate yesterday while we were decorating the house.

You bought Harry Potter Legos? But, wait, you said... It's hard to resist them, isn't it?

The Pixar Parade looks like fun -- I don't think I have ever seen any pictures of it. Love the picture of the Little Green Man.

Wow! World of Color looks amazing! I imagine the music is sensational!

Good luck with packing and getting ready for your next Disney adventure.
Okay, okay, I caved. Well, the legos were 50% and 40% off!!!! I had these Borders rewards coupons and so since they were on the "list" you know THE LIST, I couldn't ignore them... so too was that dag gum pillow pet... Hopefully they have a better pillow pet styled animal here and I can get that instead...

World of Color was very very cool!!! AND the parade, yes. So fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
First of all.....have a wonderful and magical trip!!
Again, I love all of the DL pictures.....the details on all of the rides in the Pixar area are brilliant...as was the parade....loved The Incredibles on their little hovercraft!! Too cute! I of all of the Pixar movies!
World of Color looks amazing...I can imagine that in person it is beautiful paired with the music....maybe I will check it out on youtube

Okay....get packing and have fun!!! We will be here when you get back!

Tracy
Thanks so much for the bon voyage!!!! It worked! We are here, and I am drinking coffee in our room looking out the window at partially sunny skies and low 80s today.. much better than sunny and 50 at my house!

DL photos, I still have a whole day to go -- Disneyland proper! California Adventure was fun, but they are doing some mass redesigning there, which I think is much needed and will improve the park overall, but more on that later!

I should be able to post on DL later tonight....

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #140
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have a wonderful time down there in sunny Florida!!! Say hi to Mickey for me! Oh, and make sure you try the hot chocolate at the Christmas party -- I hear it is quite tasty!
Oh I will have that hot chocolate for sure! But what I really want is the peppermint icecream hot chocolate float!! or at least the peppermint icecream!!!

Already having fun! I am sitting in our room right now, getting ready to head around on a resort tour to see the decorations! Pool side yesterday, a bit more cloudy today, hoping it will burn off. Still, low 80s can't complain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Have a great trip. Can't wait to hear all about your latest adventure! Hope you have a blast!
We are off to a good start!!!! Dinner at Cali Grill, fireworks, blue zoo cocktails... need I say more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
World of Color looks amazing!
I need to plan a trip to Disneyland soon. Is Carsland opening in 2012?

Have a wonderful trip!
I am not sure. I think it is 2012, yes. New movie comes out this summer. Can't wait! My kids can't that is! Disneyland is great fun. We are having a great time!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 11-29-2010, 01:57 PM   #142
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Oh I will have that hot chocolate for sure! But what I really want is the peppermint icecream hot chocolate float!! or at least the peppermint icecream!!!
Oh, that sounds so delicious! I bought Edy's Peppermint ice cream this weekend, and we had it in waffle bowls last night with a big mound of whipped cream!

Quote:
Already having fun! I am sitting in our room right now, getting ready to head around on a resort tour to see the decorations! Pool side yesterday, a bit more cloudy today, hoping it will burn off. Still, low 80s can't complain!
Yeay! The resorts are always so pretty!

Quote:
Okay, okay, I caved. Well, the legos were 50% and 40% off!!!! I had these Borders rewards coupons and so since they were on the "list" you know THE LIST, I couldn't ignore them... so too was that dag gum pillow pet... Hopefully they have a better pillow pet styled animal here and I can get that instead...
Yep, it's hard to ignore the list.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:13 PM   #143
DisneyMom14
DIS Veteran

I missed your send off....again! I hope you are enjoying yourself. Its fun reading about your California Adventure and looking forward to hearing about the xmas decorations in Florida!
DisneyMom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:07 PM   #144
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Disneyland forging ahead and Disneyworld MVMCP rocks!

Well, I am back! Disneyworld Christmas. NOTHING like it

So much fun for a three day trip!!!! My DH is the best.

Can't wait to tell you all about it!

I am running tests for the 8th grade applicants for my school program tomorrow and sunday, but hope to squeeze in the final Disneyland update (and a peek into the Four Seasons and Lego land) this weekend! I am anxious to give you my Disney Christmas update!!

AND I am sure Jen is beyond excited to take a ride on the Disneyland HM with the Jack Skellington overlay!!!

Coming your way!

Old 12-04-2010, 04:42 AM   #145
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Welcome home! Good luck with administering the tests this weekend, and I am looking forward to all the upcoming updates!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:51 AM   #146
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Can't wait!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #147
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Welcome back!
Can't wait for the next update

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #148
manntra
DIS Veteran

Welcome home!!! Looking forward to your update

Tracy
Old 12-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #149
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Boo to YOU, DAY, TWO!

Yeah, that was a bad rhyme….

So this morning, we all woke up, got into our Halloween gear, and headed out the door for a ropedrop of 7am… YEP, we did it! I had to get us to Disneyland on time for that early morning entrance b/c we had to go back and check out at 11am.

These two photos of the entrance gate are from when we came back into the park at noon, but either the pics I took when we first arrived that morning were deleted, or, I didn’t take any!! LOL! Too excited I guess!
Notice even in the afternoon, hardly anyone was there.

I caught this as we went under the rail station and onto Main Street. I think these are at WDW too?

And of course a very, very busy Main Street… Some of these are blurry but I wanted to share the experience wih you.

Great decorations, as I would have expected!

We were headed to a very specific location in Tomorrowland… the Halloween overlay at Space Mountain!

More in the next post! Coming UP!

Old 12-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #150
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome home! Good luck with administering the tests this weekend, and I am looking forward to all the upcoming updates!
Well I am going to slide a few in this week! I have to get started with my holiday fun!!!

Seeing the October photos made me smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Can't wait!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Welcome back!
Can't wait for the next update
Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Welcome home!!! Looking forward to your update

Tracy
Here is the start of our Halloween day adventure!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: