Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #16
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdfw View Post
You should have headed over to Ariel's grotto to have one of the "land mine" fountains wash it off!
I think the bird poop incident happened on one of the trips where it was cold. I doubt the land mine fountains were on in that weather.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #17
KingOfBass40
Mouseketeer

I was at HISTA a couple of years ago, (probably 2006) and I was minding my own business and I didn't realize that something brushes the back of your leg in the mouse scene, and it touched the back of my leg and within a milisecond I was on the chair screaming like a 4 year old. Then there was the "A Bugs Life Incident". I am deathly arachnophobic and a friend suggested we go to the Bugs Life Movie at AK so we went to the TOL and I was told there were no spiders, but guess what...there were and I saw one and I spent the entire rest of the movie with my head in my hat, crying.
KingOfBass40 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #18
wehttamrd
Toriphile

Fifteen years ago when I was a teenager I went with my brother and parents. We didn't stay in a resort. We stayed in a hotel and drove to the parks every day. On our last night it was raining very hard. We were all waiting for the tram to take us back to our car. There was this lady who was sitting on this one tram that was done running for the night. She refused get off. She was fighting with the CMs for like 10 minutes saying she didn't have to get off because she was holding a baby. FINALLY she got off and she screamed "I'M NEVER COMING HERE AGAIN!!!"
Old 10-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #19
DVCDan36
Mouseketeer

Both of these funny moments happened when I was a cast member. I used to work as a tour guide for the Living with the Land boat ride. It was early one morning and we had just opened the attraction, so guests where few and far between. Of course, they just kept sending us around the tour, if we had a few people on the tour, we could do a little bit more of a conversation tour, instead of the full spiel. I had this newly wed couple on and I was explaining the various vegitation, techniques, and processes used at the greenhouses. They were asking various questions about the tour and about the parks, which I was happy to answer. Then came the most interesting quest, "Where was the best place to (and he dropped the F bomb) in public?" I was a little taken back (I am not a prude, but caught of guard at this early time of the morning). Of course, I couldn't think of anything. (I am sure someone here would have the answer).

There was another time I had a full boat, except for the last seat which had this older couple, alone. I gave my preshow spiel and we were off into the dark portion of the ride. I rested on our boat seat while we were in the dark tunnels. As we headed into the first greenhouse, I rised up and had a clear view of these two elderly folks going "hot and heavy". He clearly had his hands in places that were meant for another place and she was all over him. Of course, I couldn't help myself and let out a little snort before I began my talk. They quickly stopped when they were found out. Now I think how great it is to be so much in love to "make out" on a dark ride at their age, but still funny when I think about it.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:18 AM   #20
OrlandoMike
all I can say is beer hurts when it comes out of your nose!
I don't think we hijacked Halloween, we just do a better job at it!

Mr. Mike, plain ole head

DISboards Moderator

I think it was my second or third day with the company, sitting in my cute little sailor outfit at a cash register at Typhoon Lagoon...

A very distinguished British gentleman came up and asked..."Excuse me, do you happen to know where I can buy a f@g?"

To which I replied, in my best Disney voice..."I'm sorry sir, I'm new here in town, but I will check for you!"

(I was immediately hauled into the break room and given the lowdown on "British Slang")
OrlandoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:03 AM   #21
wallyb
Love My Stella-rella!
Crocs are Crack for Feet!
On ‘the list’ so treading carefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoMike View Post
I was immediately hauled into the break room and given the lowdown
Wow - 3rd day! Nice preks!
wallyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:54 AM   #22
DVC~OKW~96
I'm not big on gold as a color. As a metal...that's another story
Spreading the word is an important thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoMike View Post
I think it was my second or third day with the company, sitting in my cute little sailor outfit at a cash register at Typhoon Lagoon...

A very distinguished British gentleman came up and asked..."Excuse me, do you happen to know where I can buy a f@g?"

To which I replied, in my best Disney voice..."I'm sorry sir, I'm new here in town, but I will check for you!"

(I was immediately hauled into the break room and given the lowdown on "British Slang")

OMG!!!!! That is too wicked funny!

I look into the window of my mind
Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind
I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I am on my way
Can't stop me now
And you can do the same
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
It's never too late to try
Heather Small
DVC~OKW~96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #23
DVC~OKW~96
I'm not big on gold as a color. As a metal...that's another story
Spreading the word is an important thing!

Quote:
it touched the back of my leg and within a milisecond I was on the chair screaming like a 4 year old.
OH. My. GAWWWWD!!!! I laughed so hard at this my stomach hurt!

I look into the window of my mind
Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind
I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I am on my way
Can't stop me now
And you can do the same
It's never too late to try
Heather Small
DVC~OKW~96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #24
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

This past trip we met up with my Nana, Papa and my mom for 1 day at MK. It was getting late and we were all TIRED! We walked in front of the Spitting Camel and my mom and I got wet, we laughed and said we didn't see that coming, my mom said "I bet my mother won't see it either" With that my Nana walks by and the camel spits on her....of course she didn't see it and jumped! WE all got a good laugh....

That's the funniest thing I can think of right now!
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
starann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:19 PM   #25
krhardy
karate chic-I'll beat you with my cane

YEARS ago when I was but a mousekateer this happened at another Orlando water park (Disney didn't have a water park at the time)...
We (my sister and I) convinced my extremely skiddish mother to ride a 300 foot slide...a rather gently sloping one we thought. Ange and I went first. We got to the bottom and made our way to the side waiting on Mom. Here she comes down the slide and as she hits the water my sister and I start SCREAMING at her and she says "I'm coming I'm coming"...meaning she's getting out as fast as she can. We keep screaming and she looks down realizing that she has LOST the entire top half of her bathing suit (and it WAS a 1 piece)...I don't know who was more embarasses-her or us

krhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #26
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

One of the funniest things I remember seeing was at MNSSHP one night. I was on BTMR in a car behind a little fellow wearing a Batman costume with cape and full head mask with pointy ears. When we came down that first hill Batman's ears bent back at a full 90 degrees, horizontal. It was hysterical to see that...of course when we pulled in to the station they popped back up. To this day that memory always makes me smile.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15, Fall 2016
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:45 AM   #27
workingmom302
Earning My Ears

Bird

One of the funniest things happened to my daughter and it evolved a seagull. My daughter is in love with churro's so she had to get one in Frontierland. While we where walking to the Haunted Mansion a seagull comes up behind my daughter and starts hovering over her churro. As everyone is yelling at her trying to warn her she was zoning out completely calm, cool, and collected eating her churro. When she finally realized the bird she freaked out and threw the churro at the seagull but sadly missed and hit a guy with the churro and ran like Tom Hank in "Forest Gump" until she realized that the seagull was gone.
I ended up getting her a new churro, and she now never lets her churro's sit over her shoulder and she always keeps and eye on it.
May 2009 - Saratoga Springs
June 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter
September 2009 - Saratoga Springs
January 2010 - Bay Lake Tower
January 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort
April 2010 - Disney Wonder
May 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
August 2010 - Boardwalk Villas
December 2010 - Bay Lake Tower
February 2011 - Grand Floridean
April 2011 - Disney Dream
June 2011 - Saratoga Springs
October 2011 - Saratoga Springs
December 2011 - Animal Kingdom and Disney Dream
February 2012 - Bay Lake Tower
April 2012 - Disney Fantasy
[/COLOR]
workingmom302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #28
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

I had to laugh at DH on our last trip. He met me in the late afternoon at EPCOT. I could tell something was wrong. When I asked he explained that he had been on the bus and saw a cute little boy hop on the bus walk up the back stairs, flip up his Mom's shirt and proceed to breast feed. DH was saying he had to huddle in a corner, rocking for a while after seeing that and he stated he would be permanently scarred.

The next day we are on the bus and guess who hops on, yep you guessed it--except this day he had on a birthday button. The lady across from us asked how old he was..."I am five"

I still laugh about it--you would have to know my DH.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15, Fall 2016
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #29
sirJeffrey90
Mouseketeer

That grand Florida rainfall got the best of me in 2010. All I wanted to to was watch Illuminations, my favorite show. But it started raining right as the show started and I was getting really wet. I decided to go back to my hotel, but the rain only fell harder which made for a very, VERY long walk to the buses. When I finally got to the hotel it was like the walk of shame. My flip flops were squeaking and people were staring at my inundated clothes. I walked into our room and my mom gasped but then stated laughing like a hyena. All in all, I guess it was fun.
sirJeffrey90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #30
canuckcm
Earning My Ears

I'm a consumate planner when it comes to my WDW trips. So when I took my BF for his first trip there I wanted everything to be perfect!!
That included tickets for "La Nouba" at DTD. I had my bf book the tickets online telling him the time and date that fit into our ADR's.
Our tickets came in the mail and I put them away with the passports and other important things.
We show up at the theatre the night of the show (about four days into our vacation) and are both so excited to see the show.
I pull out the tickets and hand one to him. As we are waiting to get in I look down at the ticket and instantly freak out! The tickets are for the night before!!!
Somehow we had not only ordered the wrong date, but we failed to realize it and missed our showing!! We both felt so ridiculous at the time. The good news was, we went to the box office and the amazing CM got us new (even better) seats for that nights show!! We still look back at that and laugh. Everytime we get tickets now we always say "check the date!!"
canuckcm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: