Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
eeyoreland
DIS Veteran

Easy WDW Website

Is anyone familiar with this website (www.easywdw.com)? I see they have all the crowd predictions, best and worst parks to visit, etc. Wondering about the accuracy. I force myself to purchase only one trip planner and the past couple of trips it's been Ridemax, however I don't like to purchase it until the trip gets closer. This Easy WDW information would help me decide on which park to visit which day and thus, where I want to make dining reservations. We're going February 7-14 so hopefully crowds will be low and whatever I decide won't really matter.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
ricktib
DIS Veteran

I've been using easywdw to plan our trip - touringplans.com has re-done the algorithms that come up with their daily scores, and they now seem very eratic (ex. Sat 10/30: 5, Sun 10/31: 1, whereas easywdw shows 2 & 3 respectively). Haven't been back to WDW yet to compare, but based on experience I have a general feeling that easywdw has the right idea.

Rick
ricktib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
dqpowell
DIS Veteran

Touringplans.com uses data collected over the past 10 years and real-time data being collected right now, fed into a statistical model, to make predictions. Their accuracy over the years has been quite good and will only get better now with their expanded analysis.

The problem with this approach is that when Disney makes changes to park hours or shows or EMH days, that all plays into it and the numbers will change. They have two choices: Don't update the numbers -- makes people happy because nothing is changing, but they could end up with an unpleasant surprise when they arrive at the parks. Or update the numbers -- makes people unhappy ahead of time but they know what to expect (and will almost certainly find) upon arrival at the parks.

EasyWDW is more like the TGM approach. Make an educated guess, and then explain the rationale.

I have used touringplans.com for several years, and the Unofficial Guide (their associated book) going back to the early 90s. They've never steered me wrong.

David
dqpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
Azpitts
Earning My Ears

I actually planned my upcoming trip by useing both eaywdw & TP's per-park crowd calendar. Most of the suggestions on easy went along with the crowd perdictions on TP's during my trip.
I was planning on doing MK on the 16th of October which is an 8.3 crowd wise on tp. But with easy suggestions I've decided to go to MK on sunday when TP's has it as an 1.9... Big difference.. Still bringing a Touring plan as well..

I say just do your research and use a combination of both.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #5
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

No offense to anyone who enjoys using sites like this, but I feel they are a total waste of money for a time of year like mid-February.

Maybe they help (marginally) over the free information available all over the place during the more crowded times of year, but during mid-February? I'd save the money for an extra Dole Whip, while enjoying a relatively empty MK.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #6
Dan Murphy
We are family.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2491041

It's free, and has good information. I think Josh has done well.

I do use TGM and TP also, mostly relying on TGM.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:31 AM   #7
havoc315
DIS Veteran

I think it's a great website, but I don't know about its reliability. Thus, I like using it in conjunction with the TP crowd calendar. Sort of use them to verify each other, and sometimes the direct advice from easywdw provide valuable extra information beyond the raw numbers. (For example, while the TP calendar may give a bad number for the day, easywdw might agree in general, but might point out that the morning should be reasonable).
havoc315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:43 PM   #8
fraservalleymom
Mouseketeer

Got side tracked checking out the website and here I am returning 45 min later. Great website. Has lots of practical info and easy to navigate. No fluff!

Thanks
fraservalleymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:51 PM   #9
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2491041

It's free, and has good information. I think Josh has done well.

I do use TGM and TP also, mostly relying on TGM.
Thank you!
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #10
notfrostyjosh
DIS Veteran

These threads are so stressful
Old 09-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #11
dqpowell
DIS Veteran

Don't be stressed, Josh. You're providing a valuable service to people. I do recommend touringplans.com to people, but they certainly have nothing to lose by utilizing your site as well.

David
Old 09-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #12
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dqpowell View Post
Touringplans.com uses data collected over the past 10 years and real-time data being collected right now, fed into a statistical model, to make predictions. Their accuracy over the years has been quite good and will only get better now with their expanded analysis.

The problem with this approach is that when Disney makes changes to park hours or shows or EMH days, that all plays into it and the numbers will change. They have two choices: Don't update the numbers -- makes people happy because nothing is changing, but they could end up with an unpleasant surprise when they arrive at the parks. Or update the numbers -- makes people unhappy ahead of time but they know what to expect (and will almost certainly find) upon arrival at the parks.

EasyWDW is more like the TGM approach. Make an educated guess, and then explain the rationale.

I have used touringplans.com for several years, and the Unofficial Guide (their associated book) going back to the early 90s. They've never steered me wrong.

David
Yawn...I've never been wrong using my method either, and it's free. Indeed, when I've compared against touring plans, I've found my methods work better.

Among the options though, I'd say EasyWDW looks pretty good. I'll have to check it on my next visit.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:26 PM   #13
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfrostyjosh View Post
These threads are so stressful
Don't be stressed. Your website is great and has valuable info and an easy to follow format.

I also like using more than one reference so I use touringplans.com and it's book as well.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #14
dqpowell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
Yawn...I've never been wrong using my method either, and it's free. Indeed, when I've compared against touring plans, I've found my methods work better.
So publish them. Sheesh...

David
Old 09-30-2010, 01:32 PM   #15
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post
No offense to anyone who enjoys using sites like this, but I feel they are a total waste of money for a time of year like mid-February.

Maybe they help (marginally) over the free information available all over the place during the more crowded times of year, but during mid-February? I'd save the money for an extra Dole Whip, while enjoying a relatively empty MK.
sorry I have to disagree, we were in WDW that time frame last year and it was moderately busy. Espically the closer to the middle of the month, also that time is a busy time for very large cheerleading competetions which add to the crowds. But if it's just the the money aspect that is bothersome, easywdw is free.
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: