Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #271
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
If Mark doesn't give you a point for that I will....

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLiz View Post
Well, if we are going for movie titles, too, then High Noon is a movie title.

+1

Excellent find!

I think we may have just highjacked Mark's TR game.

Last edited by afwdwfan; 10-13-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:36 AM   #272
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

I thought that "HOT! D#$% HOT" was from Good Morning Vietnam, as in:

Hey, uh, hi, can you help me, what's your name? "My name's Roosevelt E. Roosevelt." Roosevelt, what town are you stationed in? "I'm stationed in Poontang." Well, thank you, Roosevelt. What's the weather like out there? "It's hot. Damn hot! Real hat! Hottest things is my shorts. I could cook things in it. A little crotch pot cooking." Well, can you tell me what it feels like? "Fool, it's hot! I told you again! Were you born on the sun? It's damn hot! I saw... It's so damn hot, I saw little guys, their orange robes burst into flames. It's that hot! Do you know what I'm talking about?" What do you think it's going to be like tonight? "It's gonna be hot and wet! That's nice if you're with a lady, but it ain't no good if you're in the jungle." Thank you, Roosevelt

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (7)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2010, 11:42 AM   #273
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Ok, I'm quoting a little out of order here, but there's a reason for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
You were quick to the trigger this time... stole all the fun.
Quote:
Dang, that was fast!
Quote:
Sorry....
Quote:
All I see is Date Night which is the title of a movie... not exactly a quote.
Quote:
If Mark doesn't give you a point for that I will....

+1

Nice try, but...no. I have a hard enough time keeping track of the quotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Tim was just too quick on the draw.... but I woulda gotten the snakes one.
Quote:
Well, if we are going for movie titles, too, then High Noon is a movie title.

Oh ye of little faith. Why are you all giving up so easily?

Quote:
We've only been on Kali River Rapids once, and I was drenched by the end. Stupid, stinkin' ride.

I kind of wish they would lose the whole poacher story line on the safari. The only thing it does is allow the driver to get through the non-animal part at the end a whole lot quicker.
On a hot, sticky day, I like the Rapids. I haven't been there in January, so that might change my mind. We dressed in clothes that would dry fairly quickly. My daughter loves getting soaked, so she's always up for that one.

Agreed on the poacher story. They should just drive fast at the end to avoid an elephant stampede or something.

Quote:
I agree. They should just say 'Enough of this going slow stuff, who is ready to drive fast?' Then gun it!
Or that.

Quote:
Getting my answers in

why did it have to be snakes?

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Great movie!
+1

Raiders is my favorite movie of all time, just for the record.

Quote:
HOT! D#$% HOT
Spaceballs
INCORRECT

Quote:
I've got a bad feeling about this
StarWars- Han Solo
+1

Really, you could have said any Star Wars movie for that one.

Quote:
One in a hundred? I'd say more like one in a million.
Dumb & Dumber
+1

Also includes the "So you're telling me there's a chance..." portion.

Quote:
I think there is 1 or 2 more that aren't as obvious!
Old 10-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #274
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
+1

Excellent find!

I think we may have just highjacked Mark's TR game.

And everyone wonders why my hairline is receding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
I thought that "HOT! D#$% HOT" was from Good Morning Vietnam, as in:

Hey, uh, hi, can you help me, what's your name? "My name's Roosevelt E. Roosevelt." Roosevelt, what town are you stationed in? "I'm stationed in Poontang." Well, thank you, Roosevelt. What's the weather like out there? "It's hot. Damn hot! Real hat! Hottest things is my shorts. I could cook things in it. A little crotch pot cooking." Well, can you tell me what it feels like? "Fool, it's hot! I told you again! Were you born on the sun? It's damn hot! I saw... It's so damn hot, I saw little guys, their orange robes burst into flames. It's that hot! Do you know what I'm talking about?" What do you think it's going to be like tonight? "It's gonna be hot and wet! That's nice if you're with a lady, but it ain't no good if you're in the jungle." Thank you, Roosevelt
+1

Nice work middlepat! Stole that one right out from under Tim's nose. Too bad he already has a nemesis.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #275
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

I think this is the part of the program where I remind folks there was an actual Trip Report chapter here, too.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:48 AM   #276
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I think this is the part of the program where I remind folks there was an actual Trip Report chapter here, too.
That's right there was something about animals.... umm.... Busch Gardens, right????
Old 10-13-2010, 11:53 AM   #277
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Hey! I talked about the chapter!

Old 10-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #278
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

nice update mark. are we talkin hot? or, are we talkin peanut butter hot?
Old 10-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #279
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

AWwww RATS! WTG middlepat!

I thought HOT. %#$^ HOT. was when dark helmet took a sip of his coffee from MR. Coffee. Maybe he said HOT. TOO HOT? I couldn't find the clip anywhere.. I guess I could pop in the movie.

There is a TR here?
Old 10-13-2010, 01:02 PM   #280
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Since everybody already beat me to all th e quotes that I saw (and I was gonna try to get that "High Noon" too ) I will talk about your update.

I believe you are right about the animatronic male lion and the Dafari. I have gone so far as to tell my husband that they have just thrown a stuffed animal up there.

I see nothing wrong with your parenting. I have taken many a crying child on rides. Well, actually, I have taken one crying child on many rides...but he's 19 now and still loves me so I don't think I did too much damage. He was afraid of anything "dark & scary".....you know like Pooh & Its a small World . When he was little (and portable) he went on everything. When he was a little bit bigger, a little more stubborn, and had a baby brother he managed to skip out of rides. Then he got a little older,and became bribable Even as recently as 4 or 5 years ago there were some rides that he would voice a complaint about (Haunted Mansion.....) so we would get creative. We would try to count the animals that we would find in there. (he has some delays and although he is 19 he acts a few years younger than his actual age) Now the only thing he hesitates at is Tower of Terror.....but once he's on it he is fine (peek at the first page of my TR and see pics of him hamming it up for the camera)

I don't remember the dates of your trip. But for my trip coming up (in just 24 days ) AK doesn't open until 9. So you may have slept in....and still made rope drop!

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)
Old 10-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #281
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

Quote:
That's right there was something about animals.... umm.... Busch Gardens, right????
Eh, close enough.

Quote:
Hey! I talked about the chapter!

Yes, you did--without me begging, too!

+1 bonus point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
nice update mark. are we talkin hot? or, are we talkin peanut butter hot?
Thanks Dave! Definitely peanut butter hot!

Quote:
AWwww RATS! WTG middlepat!

I thought HOT. %#$^ HOT. was when dark helmet took a sip of his coffee from MR. Coffee. Maybe he said HOT. TOO HOT? I couldn't find the clip anywhere.. I guess I could pop in the movie.

There is a TR here?
It's in there, although you have to look pretty hard. I've created a monster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
Since everybody already beat me to all th e quotes that I saw (and I was gonna try to get that "High Noon" too ) I will talk about your update.

I believe you are right about the animatronic male lion and the Dafari. I have gone so far as to tell my husband that they have just thrown a stuffed animal up there.

I see nothing wrong with your parenting. I have taken many a crying child on rides. Well, actually, I have taken one crying child on many rides...but he's 19 now and still loves me so I don't think I did too much damage. He was afraid of anything "dark & scary".....you know like Pooh & Its a small World . When he was little (and portable) he went on everything. When he was a little bit bigger, a little more stubborn, and had a baby brother he managed to skip out of rides. Then he got a little older,and became bribable Even as recently as 4 or 5 years ago there were some rides that he would voice a complaint about (Haunted Mansion.....) so we would get creative. We would try to count the animals that we would find in there. (he has some delays and although he is 19 he acts a few years younger than his actual age) Now the only thing he hesitates at is Tower of Terror.....but once he's on it he is fine (peek at the first page of my TR and see pics of him hamming it up for the camera)

I don't remember the dates of your trip. But for my trip coming up (in just 24 days ) AK doesn't open until 9. So you may have slept in....and still made rope drop!
I appreciate your support! I think we were of the school of thought that says we don't want the kids to be paralyzed by fear of the unknown. Oh, and it wouldn't hurt to toughen them up a little, either.

Then again, I still hesitate at the Tower of Terror.

Still one movie quote out there...
Old 10-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #282
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Great update! I totally agree with your opinion on the Safari, still a great ride, and on the beauty of AK!

And on the quotes: Isn't "Why did it have to be snakes?" also from "Snakes on a Plane"?
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 10-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #283
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Oh man, you post an update on the busiest day of my busiest week?

Well, it was a nice chapter. I've never been able to get a good picture of the lion either, although I haven't gotten to the part in my current TR where we do the safari....so, will my bad luck hold?
Old 10-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #284
hill6
DIS Veteran

I always have a bad feeling on Kali. I have the gusher of water always land on top of me. I have gotten three new shirts and two new shorts from Kali. Last trip I had to go back to the room to change. It was cool and I had to get warmer clothes and redo my hair. I actually had a leaf in my hair from the water.

The Dark Side May 8-10.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 10-14
Bay Lake Tower May 14-15. Hoping for last night at Wilderness Lodge
Old 10-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #285
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Just now joining and am loving your TR and can't wait for more!

I too LOVE POR...so sad we can't stay there anymore since we were crazy and decided to have one more child...who has four kids?!?..crazies I tell ya...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: